PDA

View Full Version : considering wall mount A/C

Kritafo
07-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Anyone own one of these type A/C

http://www.orionair.co.uk/fujits9.jpg

We had the use of one at a house in ON and I was pretty impressed. Not too pretty to look at, but I was thinking about just our bedroom, even with central air our room is warmer than the rest of the house.

I couldn't remember what they were called ductless A/C

Darell_n
07-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Yes, I put a 4 zone Fujitsu ductless split in my friend's house a few years ago. He only had a boiler and no forced-air furnace so it was the perfect choice. Also, the cost on these are good compared to the other brands. (heat pumps)

Kritafo
07-21-2012, 10:49 PM
we chatted with the service guy that came to service our A/C and we were told we would need to upgrade our furnace to get a 4 tonne A/C ...so we are seriously thinking about doing it. I was just happy that nothing was seriously wrong with our central air it just needed some freon nothing worse than sleepless hot nights.

Who do I need to contact to buy? I will start shopping around thanks!

Mitsu3000gt
07-22-2012, 12:12 AM
By ductless, does that mean they don't need exterior ventilation? I've been trying to find a way to put A/C in my condo forever, because I can't put one in the window, and there is no reasonable way for me to vent a floorstanding unit outside.

Darell_n
07-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
By ductless, does that mean they don't need exterior ventilation? I've been trying to find a way to put A/C in my condo forever, because I can't put one in the window, and there is no reasonable way for me to vent a floorstanding unit outside.

That is correct, but you will still need access to run the lineset outdoors to the condensing unit. The only condo I've looked at was newer and had pre-installed pipe chases for each unit but required the condo board's contractor to put it in for a higher than market price.

Mitsu3000gt
07-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Darell_n

That is correct, but you will still need access to run the lineset outdoors to the condensing unit. The only condo I've looked at was newer and had pre-installed pipe chases for each unit but required the condo board's contractor to put it in for a higher than market price.

Oh, ok - thanks for the clarification. Im 99% sure I do not have a lineset or anything of the sort to accommodate individual A/C units.

Looks like I'll be sweating my bag off for yet another summer.

Darkane
07-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Oh, ok - thanks for the clarification. Im 99% sure I do not have a lineset or anything of the sort to accommodate individual A/C units.

Looks like I'll be sweating my bag off for yet another summer.

might check with the your building super.

I have a mitsubishi slim in my Condo. All the units were pre-plumbed with the lines.

install took 5 hours, not bad. But I still got raped because it's Ft.McRapemyass