PDA

View Full Version : Cops on 22x

Squishy
07-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Driving down 22x just after Cranston there's a cop with his bike doing radar, just watched 2 people get pulled over by him and farther down towards 52nd there's two more cops sitting with bikes waiting to catch people. Limit is 60, heads up guys!!

M.alex
07-22-2012, 12:33 AM
You could, you know, do the speed limit in a construction zone :nut:

colinxx235
07-22-2012, 01:58 AM
^

yah because so much construction is happening at 9pm....

HuMz
07-22-2012, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by M.alex
You could, you know, do the speed limit in a construction zone :nut:

Normally I would agree, but when you've had it at 60 for the last 4 months or so long before construction even began right near the roadway it makes you scratch your head.

They have it 60 all the way west until mcleod trail now. And in the section between Sundance/Chapparel and Mclead, for months now they was zero construction. Yet for some odd reason there are various sets of flag people in the middle section between the East and West traffic, directing well......nothing. I mean basically just standing there between traffic for 8 hours a day at there vehicles in bright vests.

I am all for safety when there is any chance of workers coming in contact with vehicles, but when there is zero road work being done, and excavating is being done hundreds of meters away in big back ho's and earth movers than safety starts to over see common sense.

Calgary is the only city i've seen where cops make an effort to ticket you in construction zones at night.

rage2
07-22-2012, 06:18 AM
The 50 zone on Bow Trail between Crowchild and 10th Street is worse haha. There's been zero work for over a year and it's still zoned for 50 with 4 lanes. Cops are still there on a regular basis handing out tickets because everyone still goes 80 there.

max_boost
07-22-2012, 07:14 AM
To serve and collect!

AzNxHyDrA
07-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by rage2
The 50 zone on Bow Trail between Crowchild and 10th Street is worse haha. There's been zero work for over a year and it's still zoned for 50 with 4 lanes. Cops are still there on a regular basis handing out tickets because everyone still goes 80 there.

Is it still 50? I'm not on that road often but the past few times I have driven it at night, the 50 sign on the left side of the road is gone and the one on the right is usually placed face down so you can't really read it. Maybe I should keep going 50 there.

Or are they actually nice enough to suspend the construction zones at night.

BlackArcher101
07-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by HuMz

Yet for some odd reason there are various sets of flag people in the middle section between the East and West traffic, directing well......nothing. I mean basically just standing there between traffic for 8 hours a day at there vehicles in bright vests.

Sounds like they were there to stop traffic in the case a construction vehicle needed to get onto the road? Probably why you think they were doing nothing.

Mibz
07-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Yeah, the 22X construction is ridiculous right now. 60km/h from MacLeod to 88th is unnecessary. I don't think I've seen a worker within 20m of a roadway, except the lollipop women.

Maxt
07-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Construction zones have gotten so ridiculous.. Just about all traffic speeds through the zones above the posted limit, because there is no credibility left in the zone setup. The zones are to long, with limits way below whats reasonable and projects are being dragged on way to long for god knows what reasons.
I have no problem with slowing for workers, and equipment, but its gone complete safety overkill to the point its probably causing greater traffic safety issues than it solves. And the workers/contractors, are not being responsible with their signage either.
So many times on the highway, they forget to take down the signs or move them as the progress.. On #7, they slowed traffic down to 50 km/hr from 100, we drove for about 8 km in a pack a traffic without seeing any construction or sign of it at all. After awhile the pack gradually eased back up to 100 since no one was present, km after km after km. We drive over a rise, and here is a paving machine doing a minor patch job in the middle of the highway, 8 km after the zone started. The zone should have been maybe a km either side of the work to be reasonable to worker and traffic.

revelations
07-22-2012, 08:55 PM
From what I understand, part of the cause of the reduced speed limits afterhours are due to the "lowest common driver" on the road.

Ie. some (prob no one on beyond.ca) people get easily confused in a construction zone and require extra brain time to deal with the "new" situation. These are also the same people who doddle along doing 60kph while merging onto deerfoot or brake at every opportunity in traffic.

FraserB
07-22-2012, 09:40 PM
They have been doing earthworks along the road at night, saw a few D10s and some wiggle wagons out there.

Masked Bandit
07-23-2012, 07:33 AM
In general 22X is good fishing for the speed cops. Always has been. It's one of the areas that it's just not worth the risk of a ticket because of the regular patrols. Just set the cruise and forget about it.

-relk-
07-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Saw this on the weekend, and almost got caught by the second set of cops, luckily they werent at the gun when I passed them :clap:

Never have I seen 2 speed traps set up within a kilometre of each other facing the same way...

civic_stylez
07-23-2012, 09:25 AM
I live in Auburn Bay and i thought that taking 22X to get to Macleod would be faster than going all the way down deerfoot to Anderson but boy was I wrong. With the brutal 60 KMH zone running the entire length of 22X, it took me forever to make what would normally be a 10 minute drive. I avoid 22 like the plague now...:thumbsdow

Sugarphreak
07-23-2012, 09:31 AM

rage2
07-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Maxt
I have no problem with slowing for workers, and equipment, but its gone complete safety overkill to the point its probably causing greater traffic safety issues than it solves.
This.

I drove the Bow Trail at construction speed limit months ago, and it was downright dangerous. Tailgaiters, honkers, and massive speed differentials of guys blowing by me. It's such a stupid zone where everyone is doing 80-90, and there are some cops that love it because it's easy quota right at the bottom.

I avoid it now and take memorial instead.

superlative
07-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Traffic cops are assholes. All of them. The sole purpose of a traffic cop should be to ensure the free-flow of traffic, which of course includes ensuring there aren't any accidents which would disrupt the free-flow of traffic.

But when traffic is flowing well, they shouldn't be out there causing traffic jams and ticketing. Serve the damn people! Assholes.

94boosted
07-24-2012, 04:46 PM
:werd: They've been expanding that 60 zone every few months for the last year, so annoying. Does anyone know when that section of the ring road will be done? 2014?

Originally posted by max_boost
To serve and collect!

Lol I love this :clap:

rage2
07-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Took Bow Trail for fun yesterday at lunch with Redlyne_jr, still a 50 zone. Went speed limit, and minivans were blowing by us going at least 80. Ridiculous.

btimbit
07-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
:werd: They've been expanding that 60 zone every few months for the last year, so annoying. Does anyone know when that section of the ring road will be done? 2014?

Lol I love this :clap:

They say fall 2013...So it'll be done in 2014

InRich
07-25-2012, 10:53 AM
I've had 5 speeding tickets this year... thats more then the last 9 previous years combined... I'm personally getting really sick of these pathetic assholes everywhere.

Infact, now, I find myself paying more attention to my speedo then I do the road, traffic, and pedestrians. it sickens me

schocker
07-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by InRich
I've had 5 speeding tickets this year... thats more then the last 9 previous years combined... I'm personally getting really sick of these pathetic assholes everywhere.

Infact, now, I find myself paying more attention to my speedo then I do the road, traffic, and pedestrians. it sickens me
Lol wut :rofl:
They are just enforcing the abnormaly low speed limits. You are supposed to pay attention to your speed, that is part of driving.

A good rule is to constantly scan your mirrors and up the road. Some people might think you are proactive and looking for hazards, but I am looking for cops. Also slow over crests and around corners :D

colinxx235
07-25-2012, 11:07 AM
^

Do you know how hard it is to drive that X5 at low speeds Matt.
It's not even fair... 60 zones are like a trap :rofl:
Don't get started on the lower ones :cry: :cry:

schocker
07-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by colinxx235
^

Do you know how hard it is to drive that X5 at low speeds Matt.
It's not even fair... 60 zones are like a trap :rofl:
Don't get started on the lower ones :cry: :cry:
Sorry pal, you forgot the volvo is turbocharged :burnout:
I constantly speed though I am just very aware of my surroundings. NW is a huge mess of no reason 60 and 50 zones.

colinxx235
07-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by schocker

Sorry pal, you forgot the volvo is turbocharged :burnout:
I constantly speed though I am just very aware of my surroundings. NW is a huge mess of no reason 60 and 50 zones.

Some turbos are sissy ones tho ;) :poosie:

I'm very surprised the X5 hasn't got me a ticket yet. I should FINALLY have a car this month, Escalade gone/cash sale. Bouncing between 09 M3, '11 S4. Can't seem to find any C63 that I want.
335xi I started to not like that much. 335is would have to come from the states. #FWP

But on topic of the thread. Driving from copperfield to theatre for Batman last night. Fucking ghetts, try to go 60 and abide the speed limit, people blowing by doing 80-90. Honk, get the bird flipped. I just wish cops would have been there to snipe them. Cause I know if I jack it up to 90 I'll get caught :banghead:

schocker
07-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Some turbos are sissy ones tho ;) :poosie:

I'm very surprised the X5 hasn't got me a ticket yet. I should FINALLY have a car this month, Escalade gone/cash sale. Bouncing between 09 M3, '11 S4. Can't seem to find any C63 that I want.
335xi I started to not like that much. 335is would have to come from the states. #FWP

Not this one, probably at least 1-2lbs of boost :rofl:
Don't ball too hard colin.I might wait until end of august or September for mine. Going to Houston in a couple weeks, so if I set it up now it will be in Montana when I am gone.

max_boost
07-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Any new car going at these speeds is a trap. If you don't want a speeding ticket go buy an old Civic and call it a day. I've contemplated that many times but YOLO!!!!! lol :rofl: :facepalm:

colinxx235
07-25-2012, 01:28 PM

Not this one, probably at least 1-2lbs of boost :rofl:
Don't ball too hard colin.I might wait until end of august or September for mine. Going to Houston in a couple weeks, so if I set it up now it will be in Montana when I am gone.

I ain't balling too hard! I found a pretty mean deal on the M3, might pull the trigger tomorrow night. Bad timing with heading to vegas this weekend.

Originally posted by max_boost
Any new car going at these speeds is a trap. If you don't want a speeding ticket go buy an old Civic and call it a day. I've contemplated that many times but YOLO!!!!! lol :rofl: :facepalm:

Oh you didn't.... at least FISH (fuck it, shit happens) hahahah j/k.
NEVER

i'll trade you a civic for your 997 ;) :poosie:

schocker
07-25-2012, 01:31 PM

I ain't balling too hard! I found a pretty mean deal on the M3, might pull the trigger tomorrow night. Bad timing with heading to vegas this weekend.

You are balling far too hard. Let me find you a 320i, good engineer car. You can just leave the m3 at my house, my driveway fits 4 cars. I will take good care of it for you :burnout:

colinxx235
07-25-2012, 01:53 PM

You are balling far too hard. Let me find you a 320i, good engineer car. You can just leave the m3 at my house, my driveway fits 4 cars. I will take good care of it for you :burnout:

LOL screw that. My SS was faster than a 320i. If an Engg drives that, what does a tech get ;) find you a Hyundai haha??

that shit kray

schocker
07-25-2012, 02:20 PM
LOL screw that. My SS was faster than a 320i. If an Engg drives that, what does a tech get ;) find you a Hyundai haha??

that shit kray
Tough, 320i is luxury. Techs are allowed one trim level below engg. So that is why my choice will be A4 for now. Next year get an S4 and you will be forced to go to an RS5 no matter what the cost :rofl:

drtoohotty1
07-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Holy hell Colin and Matt you guys should just start dating and then you wouldnt have to derail threads :rofl:

colinxx235
07-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
Holy hell Colin and Matt you guys should just start dating and then you wouldnt have to derail threads :rofl:

We used to hold hands at IMV all the time, lunch dates, and other unspeakable naughty details. I know you're jealous :love: (we have room for another?)

Plus he started it with his slowvo :rofl:

:hijack: :hijack: :hijack: :hijack:

7thgenvic
07-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Lots of bromance going on right now...

colinxx235
07-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
Lots of bromance going on right now...

Always room for a good bromance mr nikolic. I'm assuming you are KG's friend. Not a common last name ;)

btimbit
07-26-2012, 12:30 AM
Up until a few months ago they changed the speed limit there from 60-80 depending on if they were actually working or not, and that worked extremely well. If there's a reason, then I have absolutely no issue going slower.

But when it's reduced simply to protect the guy 30+feet away in a field leaning on his Dodge and having a smoke (and that's on a busy day!) then what's the point?

colinxx235
07-26-2012, 07:51 AM
^

I have no issue going 50-60 when workers are around. Quite a few days they have been there at 22x and 52nd st.

It is when I don't see a worker for days, not even 30+ feet off the highway. The only people present off the road are douche bag cops sniping anyone over 60 in a dead zone