PDA

View Full Version : Porsche detailing recommendations?

snak-pak
07-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi there, can anyone recommend a good exterior detailing shop that has worked on Porsche pretty regularly? I have a 911 (997 series) and the exterior could use a good once-over. I am pretty cautious about where I take my black baby... Also I have a 3M clear bra with some scratches on it and would like to find someone who can address that as well.

I did a quick search of beyond via Google and couldn't immediately find what I was looking for... if this question gets asked all the time my apologies.

I almost bought a 911 Turbo from a guy here in Calgary who was having the 3M on his bumper redone, but the shop messed up when removing the film and then had to repaint the entire bumper... hoping to avoid that kind of experience.

thanks,
kelly

KRyn
07-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Cosmos?

http://www.cosmoscollision.com/services.html

msommers
07-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Mobile Reflections 100%

JustinMCS
07-23-2012, 11:46 AM
mobilereflections.ca

Jed has worked on a lot of nice cars.

my experience with him has been great. he recently polished out a fine rub that some idiot put into my bumper because he could not parallel park his lexus.

snak-pak
07-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Hey thanks for the suggestions guys, I've heard of Mobile Reflections before... was recommended on 6speedonline but from years ago in an old post. I will check out Cosmos too.

Originally posted by KRyn
Cosmos?

http://www.cosmoscollision.com/services.html

I didn't know about Cosmos previously, thanks... one thing I wonder about though, they say on their website they are the preferred body shop for Porsche, Audi and VW. But my wife has a 2011 VW Golf that she dinged up and the dealer said to take it to Calgary Coachworks, where they get all their body work done. How can they both be the preferred shop?

thanks,
kelly

jdmakkord
07-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Jed @ mobilereflections has some of the nicest cars in Calgary on his client list. Best one in town IMO.

JordanLotoski
07-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Mobile Reflections 100%

Agreed, he just did my jag and will be doing my lambo in the fall....work/service are great.

SOAB
07-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by snak-pak
Hey thanks for the suggestions guys, I've heard of Mobile Reflections before... was recommended on 6speedonline but from years ago in an old post. I will check out Cosmos too.

I didn't know about Cosmos previously, thanks... one thing I wonder about though, they say on their website they are the preferred body shop for Porsche, Audi and VW. But my wife has a 2011 VW Golf that she dinged up and the dealer said to take it to Calgary Coachworks, where they get all their body work done. How can they both be the preferred shop?

thanks,
kelly

it will depend on the location of the dealer. not all VW, Porsche and Audi dealers will use the same bodyshop. Cosmos is a preferred shop though.

they have done work for me in the past and i was very happy with the results.