PDA

View Full Version : Massage Chairs

JLau
07-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Has anyone bought or tried robomassage's massage chairs? the same ones they sell at BODO? I am looking at a few different brands right now

Osaki
Titan
Canadian Massaging Chairs
Panasonic
BODO EOS and Inaga lineup

Any expertise advice would be great. Thanks

big A
07-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Mines not on your list. If it helps, I can tell you I have a Sanyo, It cost about $3500. We had it for two years now and I never regretted a day. It gets used every day by at least one member of the family and at any function in the house it is never empty.

The point I'm getting at is it is very dependable and worth the money.

CanmoreOrLess
07-24-2012, 10:32 PM
Like big A, I too had a Sanyo but gave it to my parents as they were having some back issues. The thing is not easy to move so looks like they will have it for a long time. The Sanyo is terrific, the only thing I wish it had, heating in the butt and back area, it does have heat on the soles of your feet though. Very worthwhile purchase, it might be easier for me to buy a new chair than get back the old one.

If you have people over, you can bet the chair is full the entire time. I used it two or three times a day, I do not have a bad back or anything, just so relaxing watching TV, beer in hand.

So for my 2 cents, get one with heat (leather can be cold) and I would say an extended warranty as there are more than a dozen motors in the beasts. A remote control is a must have as well.

T and T mall in the NW has a massage chair store in the supermarket and another connected to the mall.

Kijiji is flush with chairs:
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/f-massage-chair-Classifieds-W0QQKeywordZmassageQ20chairQQisSearchFormZtrue

JLau
07-25-2012, 12:03 AM
from what i have read from reviews so far, sanyo is the most reliable, osaki best warranty, EOS most features and best bang for your buck

All of the ones i have been looking at has all the heat functions with zero gravity technology, i dont care for mp3 player (they say it is the best way to help you relax during massage), because i have a dozen of music players at home.

I think all those 3 are pretty good, i am gonna try them out and see.

Thanks for the reviews

The BMW Guy
12-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Any other suggestions? GF wants to get one for her parents. Leaning towards EOS.

Mitsu3000gt
12-17-2012, 05:11 PM
I've always wanted one of these things haha. I also always see them for like 50-70% off at places like Visions, so I would think it's one of those things where nobody pays anywhere near retail.

VWEvo
11-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Looking for a massage chair. The nice ones are crazy expensive. Any advice on how to find good deals.

JDMMAN
11-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Inada Sogno Dreamwave :thumbsup:

e31
11-11-2013, 02:38 PM
2 years ago I went on an exhaustive hunt to find a massage chair for my parents for Christmas. I went to all of the stores and had tested every single model with no prejudice as to brand name, etc. What I found out is that every high-end model out there give the weakest massages and try to make up for it with gadgets, inflating pillows, different programming, or invasive prostate exam (seriously, some perverted Japanese motor started moving down there).

I was extremely disappointed because my mom gets claustrophobic with chairs that "pull you in and hold your arms & legs" and my dad specifically requires deep tissue massage (from an injury) . He spends a ton of time and money getting beat up by probably the strongest massage therapists in the city; so forking over +$10k for a chair that remotely comes close would probably be a bargain in his eyes. So I went to some store in CrossIron (can't recall) and tried out some of their chairs. They had one where you could remove most of the padding on the back, and man could this thing wail on you. Think Steven Segal (in prime form) taking disagreement with your spine.

So IIRC I ended up buying the Chuck Norris chair for less than $1500, and got another more expensive (weak massage) one for my Mom.

jwslam
11-13-2013, 09:57 AM
We have an Ashioto. utter garbage. 2 years in and half the motors don't work.

flipstah
11-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by e31
2 years ago I went on an exhaustive hunt to find a massage chair for my parents for Christmas. I went to all of the stores and had tested every single model with no prejudice as to brand name, etc. What I found out is that every high-end model out there give the weakest massages and try to make up for it with gadgets, inflating pillows, different programming, or invasive prostate exam (seriously, some perverted Japanese motor started moving down there).

I was extremely disappointed because my mom gets claustrophobic with chairs that "pull you in and hold your arms & legs" and my dad specifically requires deep tissue massage (from an injury) . He spends a ton of time and money getting beat up by probably the strongest massage therapists in the city; so forking over +$10k for a chair that remotely comes close would probably be a bargain in his eyes. So I went to some store in CrossIron (can't recall) and tried out some of their chairs. They had one where you could remove most of the padding on the back, and man could this thing wail on you. Think Steven Segal (in prime form) taking disagreement with your spine.

So IIRC I ended up buying the Chuck Norris chair for less than $1500, and got another more expensive (weak massage) one for my Mom.

What is this Chuck Norris chair you speak of? I'm thinking of getting one for my parents this Christmas.

The massage chair store at T&T Harvest Hills is no moar. :(

Kolbatron
11-13-2013, 12:15 PM
I had an iComfort IC1115 I bough from a liquidation store in Airdrie. Was a pretty good chair and had tones of features and the option of augmenting it further with arm attachments and stuff. Retails online for $2600 but I got mine for 50% off. It was a great chair.

JLau
11-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by jwslam
We have an Ashioto. utter garbage. 2 years in and half the motors don't work.

My parents have a Ashioto, been 5 yrs, still works perfectly fine.

Panasonic probably makes one of the best massage chairs

B18C
05-04-2014, 11:14 AM
I'm looking at massage chairs right now. Who sells them these days other than bodo?

ExtraSlow
05-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Those chairs look awesome. Can anyone comment on how "deep" these can go? I'm more used to the therapeutic massage than the gentle relaxation type. You know, the kind that is so hard it hurts.

B18C
05-04-2014, 12:59 PM
I tried the Inada sogno dreamwave at bodo and it was OK. It didn't go as deep as I would like and is missing things like accupoint massage and foot rollers. For $8500 I'd expect it to have EVERYTHING. I'd like to find a place to try the fujita kn9003.

CanmoreOrLess
05-04-2014, 04:55 PM
I wonder if a Montana purchase might be a frugal way around these crazy local prices? From Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Osaki-OS-4000-Deluxe-Massage-Chair/dp/B008AYUNBO/ref=zg_tr_16303021_19

Impressive visually, bit scary actually. Ship to Sweetgrass and pick it up.

VWEvo
05-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
I wonder if a Montana purchase might be a frugal way around these crazy local prices? From Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Osaki-OS-4000-Deluxe-Massage-Chair/dp/B008AYUNBO/ref=zg_tr_16303021_19

I would be in for a group buy if this got arranged somehow.

Weapon_R
05-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Sign me up for a Montana run too. SpikerS?

B18C
05-04-2014, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

How does that work? What address do you send it to?

VWEvo
05-05-2014, 07:14 AM
I have fairly large trailer I would donate if needed since the packages are large.

yellowsnow
05-05-2014, 06:12 PM
it's a bit cheaper at the US costco. free shipping within the US too

http://www.costco.com/Osaki-OS-4000-Massage-Chair.product.100089933.html

Sorath
05-07-2014, 10:03 AM
I would be in. If someone is doing a run haha

Mr_John
05-07-2014, 04:05 PM
You guys should see if Bodo will do a group discount on their EOS model. I've had one for about a year and a half now and absolutely love it. Would recommend.

sabad66
05-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Wouldn't you have to pay taxes when you come back over the border? I can't imagine they would just let someone with 4 brand new $3k massage chairs cross the border without issues... maybe i'm wrong tho :dunno:

yellowsnow
05-08-2014, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by sabad66
Wouldn't you have to pay taxes when you come back over the border? I can't imagine they would just let someone with 4 brand new $3k massage chairs cross the border without issues... maybe i'm wrong tho :dunno:

yeah you have to pay gst and duty. still pretty cheap... time to try and convince the wife..haha

pheoxs
05-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by sabad66

11% duties and gst = 300$ plus fuel, still probably way cheaper

ricosuave
05-10-2014, 08:24 AM
I would also be interested in a group buy...

pheoxs
05-21-2014, 09:59 AM
Anything ever come of this? I was checking some out, too expensive locally but for how much they are in the states+taxes I'd be in.

revelations
08-20-2014, 06:03 PM
BUMP - looking for a massage chair as well. New or used - thinking seriously about Montana.

RawB8figure
11-29-2017, 09:39 AM
Looking to buy massage chair for wife. What brands should I be looking at? Where should I buy from?

Thank you,

revelations
11-29-2017, 10:01 AM
I ended up with a no-name chinese chair thats been absolutely amazing. Found one off Kijiji for 500$ and it gets a fuck ton of use.

I tried a couple of chairs (Panasonic) but they didnt hit me hard enough. This one, at max setting, will hurt after a while.

Definitely paid for itself in terms of massage therapists visits.

buh_buh
11-29-2017, 10:05 AM
My grandparents have this one from T&T and it's pretty damn comfortable. I don't know the brand, but I'm looking at picking one up for my old man for x'mas. Price is around $3000, but they provide some sort of $500 subsidy based on number of seniors per household. So could be as low as $2500 or $2000.

It's not this one, but it's this style where it pretty much engulfs your entire body.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71nhfJWTCNL._SY355_.jpg

RawB8figure
11-29-2017, 10:45 AM
I ended up with a no-name chinese chair thats been absolutely amazing. Found one off Kijiji for 500$ and it gets a fuck ton of use.

I tried a couple of chairs (Panasonic) but they didnt hit me hard enough. This one, at max setting, will hurt after a while.

Definitely paid for itself in terms of massage therapists visits.

Do you know if it has a model number? I have seen costco carry a brand called best massage, just not sure what brand actually makes it.