PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Basketball Thread

sexualbanana
07-24-2012, 10:56 PM
I figure this deserves its own thread since it technically doesn't have anything to do with the 11/12 NBA season.

I'm just watching Q1 of the USA-Spain game and it's looking good. I already know the score (I PVR'd it), but these friendlies are sort of weird because of the gamesmanship that goes on as they head into the Olympics.

What kinds of surprises do you think we'll see from this year's Olympic basketball games?

Anton
07-25-2012, 02:06 PM
I haven't watched any of the games yet but I know that Kobe has been really quiet. For those that have, is he not on his game or just standing back and not exerting himself too much to rest up before the new season?

Who has been their leader thus far? Lebron?

4doorj
07-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Never know when these games are on.

sputnik
07-25-2012, 02:08 PM
I would love to see the US team crash and burn again.

Phl0xed
07-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
I would love to see the US team crash and burn again.

This. They take home enough medals! I would rather an underdog story, anyways.

holden
07-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Anton
I haven't watched any of the games yet but I know that Kobe has been really quiet. For those that have, is he not on his game or just standing back and not exerting himself too much to rest up before the new season?

He plays totally differently. First of all, he usually guards the other team's best perimeter player (Ginoblili, Navarro, etc.). Second he play off the ball, outside the 3-point line and moves the ball around lots, passing up many open shots.

I'd say Lebron and KD are the leaders. Lebron has the ball in his hands the most, finding open shots for everybody.

4doorj
07-25-2012, 02:55 PM
When's the next USA game?

sexualbanana
07-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Anton

He never plays his usual Kobe-self in the Olympics, but he still does a lot of the unrecorded stuff and does it well.

adidas
07-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj
When's the next USA game?

No more friendlies. The next game is on Saturday, i believe.

www.london2012.com has all the info.

mdeleon
08-01-2012, 07:49 PM
What channel are you guys watching the games on? I can never seem to find it.

sexualbanana
08-01-2012, 07:59 PM
I think you mostly just have to know when the games are on because it's just block coverage by the networks (ie. TSN's coverage is from 4am to 3pm).

Team USA plays Nigeria on Thursday at 3:15pm our time and they play Lithuania on Saturday at 7:30am.

As for when the networks will re-play the games, that's a crap shoot

4doorj
08-01-2012, 08:06 PM
I have been streaming the games off ctvolympics.ca

rx7boi
08-02-2012, 09:47 PM
USA 156 - Nigeria 73

:nut: :nut:

watching USA rolling through each game must be demoralizing

lasimmon
08-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Makes the game look pathetic if you ask me.

sexualbanana
08-02-2012, 10:15 PM
I want to see the advanced metrics from that game. 156 points is hard to pull off in a 48 minute game, let alone a 40 minute game.

Their efficiency rating must be through the roof

ajooo
08-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I want to see the advanced metrics from that game. 156 points is hard to pull off in a 48 minute game, let alone a 40 minute game.

Their efficiency rating must be through the roof

scoring 49 in the first alone helps haha. but they were on fire right from the start. melo has really opened up coming off the bench. plus, their defense in impeccable.

i dont see any team beating them other than spain if the some how pull it off