PDA

View Full Version : Tiesto - Oct 25th and 26th

dj_patm
07-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Anyone going?

Presale started half an hour ago on Unionelectronic's fb page. It doesn't look like they fucked up like they did with Avicii last year which is good.

I'm just worried about the sound at the Big 4 again. I hate that place.

lasimmon
07-25-2012, 10:40 AM
I dunno. I saw him play to like 400 people at a small club in Grande Praire. He played for like 3.5 hours, it was amazing!

Not sure I wanna ruin that memory haha.

dj_patm
07-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by lasimmon
I dunno. I saw him play to like 400 people at a small club in Grande Praire. He played for like 3.5 hours, it was amazing!

Not sure I wanna ruin that memory haha.

I saw him play at West the day after his show at the BMO last year. That was pretty sweet too.

dandia89
07-25-2012, 12:46 PM
his music is good, but he is not going to dj. he'll hit a button and dance. not worth the $$

dj_patm
07-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by dandia89
his music is good, but he is not going to dj. he'll hit a button and dance. not worth the $$

Meh. Thats all anyone does anyway.

Regardless of how many buttons a DJ presses, it is essentially the samething. People love to claim that people like Deadmau5 and Skrillex are "live" mucisians, but they are not. Pressing play on Stems and pressing play for a whole track is still going to sound basically the same in the end.

You want an example of a live performance by an electronic musician, watch this:

qOvR1hAJ1Hw

LuubtV4w1qg

I have far more respect for DJ's like Sebastian Ingrosso who make really good and creative edits and mixes of songs before their set and then play them then I do for people who claim to be doing something special when they aren't.

FYI, I'm not attacking your opinion or anything it just sort of sparked this rant lol

dandia89
07-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Never said deadmau5 or skrillex is any better. Even steve aoki was the same, just stood there and danced. I think everyone ends up going to see an artist because of the artist. They'll have a good time because they get to see their favorite artist, regardless if they just rehash their old material.

The fact is, most people are not going to go back because they heard the mixes already.

I'm more impressed by dj's like feed me who do all their work live, with vinyl discs.

I have more respect for DJ's who can perform live, instead of just hitting a button and going afk.

HyperZell
07-25-2012, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by dj_patm

Meh. Thats all anyone does anyway.

Regardless of how many buttons a DJ presses, it is essentially the samething. People love to claim that people like Deadmau5 and Skrillex are "live" mucisians, but they are not. Pressing play on Stems and pressing play for a whole track is still going to sound basically the same in the end.

Actually, Deadmau5 himself says that he just pushes play:

http://gizmodo.com/deadmau5/

He actually got quite a lot of heat for this, as people resented his blanketing of other DJs as mere button-pushers.

psycoticclown
07-26-2012, 12:57 AM
I was thinking about it and had a good time at his show last year but I don't think he's worth it anymore. His music has gone downhill so much, even last year, there were many questionable songs that he played, top 40 club songs, like the Aoki remix of Pursuit of Happniess and others. Plus, I don't particularly want to hear him play Maixmal Crazy 7 times in a row :nut:

msommers
07-27-2012, 01:04 AM
Girltalk would probably be pretty crazy to see live. Hoping to be in town and checking him out in Sept.