PDA

View Full Version : Where To Buy Wrestling Shoes?

stretch
07-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Does anyone know of a store that sells wrestling shoes? I have been looking for a few days with no success.

BokCh0y
07-25-2012, 07:27 PM
i had a thread on this asking the same q. Speedog had some recommendations.

i bought my son his from suplay. www.suplay.com

speedog
07-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Kicks (http://www.kickssports.ca/) or Final Goal (http://www.finalgoal.ca/) or I can provide you with the name/number of someone involved with the Calgary HEAT Society (non-profit group that supports the UofC Womens wrestling team and the Calgary Junior Dinos wrestling program) who brings wrestling stuff up from the states.

Tough time of year to be looking for wrestling stuff - off season right now.

stretch
07-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Hm. I really was expecting brick and mortar sporting goods stores to carry them. Thanks the the links guys. I'll buy them online. :thumbsup:

speedog
07-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Kicks and Final Goal have physical locations right here in Calgary - my three kids through the past 8 years find that trying on a pair makes a big difference. Some people like split sole shoes versus the single sole shoes and besides that, fit and feel can make a huge difference to a wrestler.

I suppose once a wrestler finds a brand/style they like, then get them on-line but we have seen our kid's choices change over the years as they've advanced in wrestling - what they found worked several years ago doesn't work for them now. Most wrestlers we know still buy from brick/mortar places just because they can try on a variety of shoes to get a feel for them.

stretch
07-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Great. Thanks Speedog.

1barA4
07-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by speedog
Kicks and Final Goal have physical locations right here in Calgary - my three kids through the past 8 years find that trying on a pair makes a big difference. Some people like split sole shoes versus the single sole shoes and besides that, fit and feel can make a huge difference to a wrestler.

I suppose once a wrestler finds a brand/style they like, then get them on-line but we have seen our kid's choices change over the years as they've advanced in wrestling - what they found worked several years ago doesn't work for them now. Most wrestlers we know still buy from brick/mortar places just because they can try on a variety of shoes to get a feel for them.

Yeah, it's been at least 10 years since I've seen a regular athletic shoe store carry wrestling shoes, sadly. Like you wrote, Kicks or Final Goal are your best bets.