PDA

View Full Version : Rockyview Motorsports Park

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

cream
07-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Sorry if repost,

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/motorsports+race+track+proposed+near+Airdrie/6990346/story.html

CALGARY — The wheels are in motion to open a new, $27-million motorsports park in the Calgary area after the popular Race City was shuttered last year, creating a void for racing enthusiasts.

The proposed track, called Rockyview Motorsports Park, would operate on 1,200 hectares east of Airdrie and is being billed as “a world-class auto racing facility.”

If all goes according to plan, the new track — packaged with an executive airport — is scheduled to open one phase in early 2014, according to a proposal overview obtained by the Herald on Wednesday.

Ald. Shane Keating, whose ward includes the former Race City Motorsports Park, sat on a committee which was formed from interested parties shortly after the track’s contentious closure last fall.

The Motorsports, Arts Culture and Sports group (MARCS) approved the Rockyview Motorsports Park plan in late spring, giving the organization the go-ahead to find investors and set the bid in motion.

The parties involved have a news conference planned for Monday, according to Keating.

“There is a future for motorsports here and a very viable future,” he said Wednesday.

There is still plenty of work to be done, Keating said, including raising the money. “Now with plans for another track, we need the support of all the race organizations out there. We need everyone to come together so we can get this done.”

Keating said “thousands” of acres of land east of Airdrie has been “secured” for the development, which will likely include an airport, a go-kart track, a drag strip, car condos and restaurants.

The race track will be built on a 200-hectare parcel, he said.

“There has been a fair bit of money invested in securing the land so far,” said Keating.

The Herald was unable to reach anyone from Rockyview Motorsports or MARCS for comment Wednesday night.

Rocky View County’s reeve, Rolly Ashdown, said he has heard “rumblings” about the plan in recent months.

“Nothing official has been brought forward to us as a council,” said Ashdown, adding there will undoubtedly be public hearings held regarding the project.

“I look forward to what they (Rockyview Motorsports) have to say and also what the residents have to say,” he said. “Everyone will be heard, but we are not at that point yet.”

Shawn Bishop, who owns Rallysport.ca — a racing gear and equipment supplier — said he and others in the community are happy to hear racing might be revived in the Calgary region.

Bishop said his business has been negatively affected by the closure.

“The closing of Race City has affected my business as many racers have parked their cars until something new comes along,” he said, adding that a lot of drivers who would be racing legally in Calgary have taken their passions to other tracks, in B.C. and the United States.

Race City was shuttered last fall after its lease expired in December. It operated at 114 Avenue and 68th Street S.E. since opening in 1985.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Race+City+Motorsport+Park+closed+last+year+after+lease+land+expired/6990347/story.html#ixzz21hGtYwqP

Xtrema
07-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Like the horse track @ Crossiron right?

I'll believe it when I see it.

rage2
07-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Looks like someone forwarded Calgary Herald the investment presentation... the article is basically a summary of the proposal. Still a long ways to go, lining up investors, and getting permits, which is always the toughest part because the NIMBYs always shut it down.

Props to MARCS and Cardel to get this far tho.

GOnSHO
07-25-2012, 10:33 PM
i actually know 2 people on the MARCS committee... i work with 1, hes the director of my group...

this is almost exactly what he was telling me today! so stoked! he went to the 24hr of le mans this year actually! i was super jealous

BerserkerCatSplat
07-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by GOnSHO
i actually know 2 people on the MARCS committee... i work with 1, hes the director of my group...

this is almost exactly what he was telling me today! so stoked! he went to the 24hr of le mans this year actually! i was super jealous

Sounds like you work with Rick, he's a good guy and I hope everything goes as planned for the track.

(I was so jealous of their LeMans trip, his daughter sent me a postcard, haha)

Darell_n
07-26-2012, 06:58 AM
Really, what say or authority does a city of Calgary committee have over a private startup outside the city? I'm glad there is at least a plan, but it's ambition will be it's death. Tailwind Raceway has their land up for sale after everything was finalized.

nzwasp
07-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Why did race city close? was it not profitable enough?

SigmaRacing
07-26-2012, 07:53 AM
What happened to the proposed Badlands Motorsports Resort? The website hasn't been updated in ages...

GoChris
07-26-2012, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by nzwasp

The city wanted the land back for other use, so they wouldn't renew the lease.

GOnSHO
07-26-2012, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Sounds like you work with Rick, he's a good guy and I hope everything goes as planned for the track.

(I was so jealous of their LeMans trip, his daughter sent me a postcard, haha)

yea i do, hes a nice guy.. i was very jealous..

heres to hoping this gets the go ahead.. one of my projects is almost done.. :D

Xtrema
07-31-2012, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by nzwasp

No and city want to turn it into a dump for the eventual green bin.

Interview this morning seems it will be ready for 2014 season earliest and it's just a road course in the beginning.

Model will be user pays and sounds like initially will cater to exotic cars and corporate crowd.

flipstah
07-31-2012, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

No and city want to turn it into a dump for the eventual green bin.

Interview this morning seems it will be ready for 2014 season earliest and it's just a road course in the beginning.

Model will be user pays and sounds like initially will cater to exotic cars and corporate crowd.

From what I saw on TV, the track layout could be done to accommodate future racing events? Maybe F1? :drool:

Xtrema
07-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

From what I saw on TV, the track layout could be done to accommodate future racing events? Maybe F1? :drool:

Race events is not the primary goal according to the interview. They will not go out of their way to attract race events unless it's proven profitable. They don't want throw $ to conform to many rules and requirements for events.

flipstah
07-31-2012, 11:35 AM

Race events is not the primary goal according to the interview. They will not go out of their way to attract race events unless it's proven profitable. They don't want throw $ to conform to many rules and requirements for events.

Ah, gotcha. Well with all of the supercars present in Calgary, we are in need of a track with a nice layout. :)

8Ball
07-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Wagers that this track will not be complete in 2014 anyone?

dj_patm
07-31-2012, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by 8Ball
Wagers that this track will not be complete in 2014 anyone?

Define complete?
I'm assuming they'll end up scrapping at least half of the planned features. The day this city sees a decent Go-Kart track with fun Karts is the day hell freezes over.

know1edge
07-31-2012, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by dj_patm

Define complete?
I'm assuming they'll end up scrapping at least half of the planned features. The day this city sees a decent Go-Kart track with fun Karts is the day hell freezes over.

http://www.allenbergracingschools.com/images/gallery/1/Karting/normal/3E70F0AE7B3B4B9.jpg

MGCM
07-31-2012, 01:40 PM

Define complete?

Are you gunna cry when u have to drive 30-45mins to get to a BETTER go-kart track with fun karts? No it won't be in Calgary, the city of Calgary has given us a CLEAR picture that they don't give a shit, so the ppl who DO CARE have worked their ass off to come up with this plan, actually put it in motion for us.............and your bitching why?

"ya fuck w/e they will scrap half the shit and it'll be another POS race city" that's basically all I could translate from your statement. If that is truely what you believe then your retarded, plain and simple. If they hope to make something that WON'T get run down like race city, then they MUST do all the things they have proposed, and they damn well know it. Will EVERYTHING be done by 2014? No, of course not, but I expect the drag strip will be open and possibly an area for autocross and drifting, maybe even the oval will be completed by mid summer 2014. I really don't understand what your "expectations" are of this track but from where I'm standing you sound like a garage queen smearing shit all over the place just because u can. Sit back, shut your trap, and watch as an amazing track is developed for us. And if it takes till 2015 or even 2016 for it to be open to public use, SO BE IT YOU FUCKING BABY.

Sugarphreak
07-31-2012, 01:43 PM

dj_patm
07-31-2012, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by MGCM

Are you gunna cry when u have to drive 30-45mins to get to a BETTER go-kart track with fun karts? No it won't be in Calgary, the city of Calgary has given us a CLEAR picture that they don't give a shit, so the ppl who DO CARE have worked their ass off to come up with this plan, actually put it in motion for us.............and your bitching why?

"ya fuck w/e they will scrap half the shit and it'll be another POS race city" that's basically all I could translate from your statement. If that is truely what you believe then your retarded, plain and simple. If they hope to make something that WON'T get run down like race city, then they MUST do all the things they have proposed, and they damn well know it. Will EVERYTHING be done by 2014? No, of course not, but I expect the drag strip will be open and possibly an area for autocross and drifting, maybe even the oval will be completed by mid summer 2014. I really don't understand what your "expectations" are of this track but from where I'm standing you sound like a garage queen smearing shit all over the place just because u can. Sit back, shut your trap, and watch as an amazing track is developed for us. And if it takes till 2015 or even 2016 for it to be open to public use, SO BE IT YOU FUCKING BABY.

:rofl:

Someone is grumpy.

Sorry that I don't believe that all these things they list will actually be built. How often does a project in Calgary (and area) deliver on all of it's promises? Sorry for tempering my expectations.

dj_patm
07-31-2012, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Nice spot for autocrossing would be a great, also hoping they get some sweet rental go-karts!

Yeah I should have clarified that I ment fast karts that regular people can go rent and ride... Like every other city seems to have

Datsun-Fever
07-31-2012, 06:15 PM
An airport? im sure we all hope it actually happens, but if it does I really hope we get a nice road course before an executive airstrip.

ExtraSlow
07-31-2012, 06:38 PM
Executive airstrip could be a real moneymaker. Springbank is already the 11th busiest airport in Canada, the Calgary region could totally support another small airport.

Cos
07-31-2012, 06:48 PM

m10-power
07-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Cos

..... and with the new development of 10,000 people going in i see more restrictions at springbank. A new airport may be good.

What people are going to buy a home next to an existing airport, then complain and petition for its closure...

:dunno:

:nut:

Go4Long
07-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by m10-power

What people are going to buy a home next to an existing airport, then complain and petition for its closure...

:dunno:

:nut:

it's kind of like buying a house in ogden then bitching about the trains...you'd be surprised how often that happens.

Offroad
07-31-2012, 08:33 PM

Bravo...couldn't have said better myself :thumbsup:

speedog
07-31-2012, 08:33 PM
Define complete?
I'm assuming they'll end up scrapping at least half of the planned features. The day this city sees a decent Go-Kart track with fun Karts is the day hell freezes over. Used to have them in Calgary at Kart Gardens (if you're old enough to remember that).

Xtrema
07-31-2012, 09:13 PM
I think the cat is out of the bag too early. They are still trying to buy-in from surrounding site before applying for loan.

Chances of this happening is 50/50 at best.

The airport idea is great and make the group to have revenue year round. But we are still dealing with 4 months of driving season at most.

Go4Long
07-31-2012, 09:38 PM
I think the cat is out of the bag too early. They are still trying to buy-in from surrounding site before applying for loan.

Chances of this happening is 50/50 at best.

The airport idea is great and make the group to have revenue year round. But we are still dealing with 4 months of driving season at most.

Based on that Miller shouldn't be successful either, but it is. Miller also cost >$100 million to build, so the threshold for success for this development would be lower, and there are more income opportunities with this track if they do indeed include an airstrip and the likes.

syritis
07-31-2012, 11:09 PM
anyone know if this is in conjunction with badlands? http://www.badlandsmotorsportsresort.com/

Spoons
08-01-2012, 03:09 PM

Man if you need lessons in tact and how to successfully chirp... My door is always open. :thumbsup:

m10-power
08-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by syritis
anyone know if this is in conjunction with badlands? http://www.badlandsmotorsportsresort.com/

No completely different groups

Z_Fan
08-02-2012, 10:44 AM
I hope it happens. IMO anyone who is trying to do something with their ideas/time/money is to be applauded. Do I think it will happen for 2014? No way in hell. But if it does, I'll be there at the Grand Opening.

Maybelater
08-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Why do people keep on talking about the city of Calgary? This is in Rockeyview, so isn't this all in their hands?

2000TL
08-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Maybelater
Why do people keep on talking about the city of Calgary? This is in Rockeyview, so isn't this all in their hands?

Part of it is within Airdrie and part of it is within Rockyview County. They need approvals from both jurisdictions.

yontzie
08-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Go4Long

it's kind of like buying a house in ogden then bitching about the trains...you'd be surprised how often that happens.

says the guy with a train as a Display pic LOL!!!:rofl: :rofl:

Go4Long
08-23-2012, 11:48 AM
I work for CP, I know first hand how often people complain about the noise.

LOLzilla
01-27-2013, 08:09 PM
They've got a facebook group you may want to tune into for the latest.

https://www.facebook.com/RockyviewMotorsportsPark

thetransporter
01-27-2013, 09:34 PM
great idea!

Go4Long
01-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Apparently they were meeting with a couple of different track designers recently...

tryingtobebest1
03-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Even though it’s pretty cold Saturday afternoon, i hope everybody can notice that days become longer and wormer. So being in the good mood ive found some good old pics, amazing runs and insane stories and then I found some info about Race city that instantly made me sad - http://www.beyond.ca/farewell-race-city/13971.html. I clearly remember my “last” day at the Race City, where I was about to make my 3rd run and with only 1 pair of cars in front of me they shut the night down because of the strong wing guts. Good memories, good stuff, I still can’t believe all of that is gone!(

But, looking into future, any updates from Rockyview Motorsports Park for March. I would like to see if they have/can do some kind of reports, where they can state what’s already done and where I can see and follow them.

egohost
06-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Hey guys,
Show you support for the new race track coming to Calgary.

We need your signatures before we can submit the application to the county.

Please sign it and share with your friends. Make this track happen!

http://www.rockyviewmotorsports.com/support-letter/

89s1
06-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Done and done.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tomaz
06-20-2013, 03:27 PM
:thumbsup:

Tik-Tok
06-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Here's a track I can get behind. Best of luck!

streethondas
06-20-2013, 07:04 PM
done :thumbsup:

bowlofrice
06-20-2013, 08:13 PM
done

egohost
06-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Thanks for your support everyone!

pockett
06-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Fingers crossed!

DeleriousZ
06-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Done! :thumbsup:

schocker
06-24-2013, 01:36 PM
I signed. Need a track!

v2kai
06-24-2013, 03:03 PM
signed and posted on facebook

pholai
06-24-2013, 08:43 PM
signed!

Commanderwiggin
06-25-2013, 01:37 AM
Signed!

ColoDano
06-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Signed!

Canmorite
06-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Signed!

never
06-25-2013, 03:29 PM
Signed...and I got my wife to sign too.

streethondas
06-25-2013, 07:56 PM
In 5 days we managed to get a 100.. seriously how many members are on here? :banghead: :banghead:

xnvy
06-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Signed. Put the link in your sigs!

flipstah
06-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Signed and posting in Facebook.

2000TL
06-26-2013, 10:47 PM
It is nice to get as many signatures as you can, but you can have a really good outcome if you can get people to come in during the public hearing and speak in favor of the application and give them a reason as to why you think this is great.

HiTempguy1
06-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by 2000TL
It is nice to get as many signatures as you can, but you can have a really good outcome if you can get people to come in during the public hearing and speak in favor of the application and give them a reason as to why you think this is great.

Not really the case in this regard. Many of people did that AGAINST the track and came off as:

1) Being repetitious
2) Being emotional with none of their arguments being based in fact

This is a great way to show your support without pissing people off by repeating the same thing ad nauseum in a time sensitive meeting.

CircusFolk
07-04-2013, 11:11 AM
The lack of knowledge and understanding in these hearings on all these new tracks people are trying to get built is more then just a little (massively) frustrating.

I signed, we need a new race track in the area. The greater area has well over a million people, all the cash in this city and all these crazy cars everybody keeps building, yet our only track is now at the bottom of a landfill. Makes sense!

People shouldn't have to drive 3+ hours somewhere just to race safely. The cash/tax influx just from holding a few events has to be worth it and the city/prov/fed govt cant complain cause these are private ventures trying to start these race tracks.

Best of luck, ill be there with bellhousings on.

egohost
08-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the support everyone. As for people showing up in the presentation, im not sure what the plan is for that. The main people behind this track are very business savvy and intelligent and wont miss any steps along the way. Everything that can possibly be done to make this a positive outcome, will be done.

If you have questions, feel free to use the contact form on the website.

bowlofrice
08-13-2013, 06:59 PM
is this the one that requires a membership to be allowed to drive on track?

Tik-Tok
08-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by bowlofrice
is this the one that requires a membership to be allowed to drive on track?

Badlands is the "high end" track.

rage2
08-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Badlands is the "high end" track.
I think it's the other way around. Badlands offers track rentals for non members, while Rockyview will be a golf club ownership type of deal.

Either way, can't wait till either get off the ground!

bowlofrice
08-13-2013, 09:26 PM
rage give me your job so i can afford a membership :p

egohost
08-14-2013, 08:59 AM
Badlands is far less likely to happen. They have really bad planning, and a huge group of people petitioning against them. Although, i do hope it does happen as it would be a lot of fun to have a track choice.

RMP is going to be the high end track that is most likely to happen. There's a little bit more about what RMP is going to be doing for the community here: http://www.rockyviewmotorsports.com/community/

rage2
08-14-2013, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by egohost
Badlands is far less likely to happen. They have really bad planning, and a huge group of people petitioning against them. Although, i do hope it does happen as it would be a lot of fun to have a track choice.

RMP is going to be the high end track that is most likely to happen. There's a little bit more about what RMP is going to be doing for the community here: http://www.rockyviewmotorsports.com/community/
Wait, what? I thought Badlands was way ahead of where RMP is today. Last I heard, RMP doesn't own the land (just an option to buy pending all approvals), nor has their application been heard publically, where as Badlands already has the land and the ASP approved. :dunno:

edit - some details from Spring this year:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/cars/Competing+plans+race+tracks+jockey+position/8275481/story.html

reijo
08-14-2013, 10:28 AM
That article appears to be correct.

Rockyview may be facing more resistance by NIMBY's in my estimation ... and history with the CKRC says they refused their track application near Beiseker a couple or so years ago so that does not set a very good precedent.

I wish it were easier to get a track built however it seems to be a favourite target of misinformation and somehow seen as an easy target for protesters etc (I think?). Motorsports seems to enjoy a bad boy reputation in Canada and maybe North America which it does not deserve IMHO.

This is something we need to work to change as motorsport enthusiasts .... the public perception. In my 30-odd years of involvement, the average motorsport enthusiast is not a hooligan of any sort and generally are a good bunch of people dedicated to a sport they love. The "other" perceptions, whatever they are (and they appear to be varied - e.g. rich boys with fancy cars .... who apparently are not adverse to taking short cuts on gravel roads .... and also will contribute to theft and vandalism in the area ... etc ... go figure, eh?), are simply not correct.

Reijo

Tik-Tok
08-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by reijo

I wish it were easier to get a track built however it seems to be a favourite target of misinformation and somehow seen as an easy target for protesters etc (I think?). Motorsports seems to enjoy a bad boy reputation in Canada and maybe North America which it does not deserve IMHO.

Mostly Canada. Every town of 10,000 people has a track in the USoA. I guess it's a little different down there though, as most of their tracks started out as WWII airports.

Roaring G60
08-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I think it's the other way around. Badlands offers track rentals for non members, while Rockyview will be a golf club ownership type of deal.

Either way, can't wait till either get off the ground!

It my understanding from my discussions with the principles of Rockyview Motorsports that they will be renting the track out to private groups (ie: organized lapping groups, driving schools, racing clubs....) as a private venture these revenue streams would necessary to function as a business.

egohost
08-15-2013, 03:32 PM
I obviously cant give out official details, and cant speak directly for RMP. (Though i am going to invite the RMP founders to participate in this thread to answer your questions more directly)

But, i can say that RMP has prospected the land, mapped elevations and actually designed the track based on their chosen location. Given the founders, members and supporters of RMP as well as the sustainability plans i can say that they do have a very strong change of achieving their goals. They have a solid proposal and completion plan in place.

rage2
08-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by egohost
But, i can say that RMP has prospected the land, mapped elevations and actually designed the track based on their chosen location. Given the founders, members and supporters of RMP as well as the sustainability plans i can say that they do have a very strong change of achieving their goals. They have a solid proposal and completion plan in place.
I don't doubt that at all. I was just responding to your comment about "Badlands is far less likely to happen. They have really bad planning, and a huge group of people petitioning against them".

I hope both projects come to fruition, that would be a dream for car guys in Calgary.

kdwebber
08-15-2013, 03:49 PM

I don't doubt that at all. I was just responding to your comment about "Badlands is far less likely to happen. They have really bad planning, and a huge group of people petitioning against them".

I hope both projects come to fruition, that would be a dream for car guys in Calgary.

amen. If both go ahead the tough question is which one to buy a membership to? well at least for me haha

cloud7
08-15-2013, 11:21 PM

egohost probably doesn't know that he inadvertently 'bad mouthed' the Badlands proposal by his original opinions that you quoted. Badlands far less likely to happen is an opinion. Bad planning part is also an opinion. Huge group of people petitioning against them is part fact part opionion.

One fact that we must not ignore is that Badlands got third reading of its ASP, which goes a long way in making it a reality.

There is no doubt that the RMP proposal is well prepared and well funded it looks like. However, from my development experience in Rockyview County, it does not guarantee success. You will likely get as many people against the project as the other proposal. Furthermore the Council, for the most part, is anti-development and especially one as sensitive as a race track.

I too am hopeful that both proposals will make it through.

89s1
08-16-2013, 10:24 PM
I realize this is the rockyview thread, but in regards to all the badlands protesters from rosebud and the surrounding area...

Drove out to rosebud the other day and honestly can't see what the townspeople would have to complain about.

It's a tiny little town and they have a huge commercial grain elevator right in the middle of it.

That thing somehow silent when it's running all day?

No way they would hear the track over the sound that sucker produces.

Z_Fan
08-16-2013, 11:25 PM
No drag strip. :dunno:

g-m
08-16-2013, 11:41 PM
ANY track. I just want track days.

Tik-Tok
08-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
No drag strip. :dunno:

Will RMP have a drag strip?
While our plans do call for the inclusion of a drag strip, it may not be completed in the initial development phase. Timing will be dependent on financing.

At least they're considering it. Badlands is a definite no.

Maxt
08-17-2013, 06:17 PM
An interesting read on Nimbyism in the MD.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calaway_Park#History

v2kai
08-18-2013, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by g-m
ANY track. I just want track days. :werd:

jomaium
08-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Saw this today in the Metro News with design revealed.

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/769990/calgary-area-rockyview-motorsports-park-design-revealed/

m10-power
08-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by jomaium
Saw this today in the Metro News with design revealed.

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/769990/calgary-area-rockyview-motorsports-park-design-revealed/

Nice, sure hope this gets built. Really would be awesome if both of these tracks get build. Motorsports would take off big time.

CUG
08-25-2013, 04:35 PM
This is great, I support this entirely, but the common response from people: why is there no drag strip; it would seem obvious and intelligent to build a drag strip.

ExtraSlow
08-25-2013, 09:02 PM
So they haven't publicly said what the location is going to be, but do any of the smart beyonders have a guess? I know a couple people that live NE of Airdrie, and would potentially be very close to this development.

2000TL
08-28-2013, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
So they haven't publicly said what the location is going to be, but do any of the smart beyonders have a guess? I know a couple people that live NE of Airdrie, and would potentially be very close to this development.

North of the existing Airdrie airport.

killramos
08-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Signed!

jacky4566
10-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Thread revival!

Is there any new information on this?

They have been very busy getting the word out and being at every automotive event.

Have they even picked a site yet?

charlie2
10-06-2013, 08:26 PM
my understanding is a site is already purchased just to the east of Airdrie. I was shown the area on a map a couple months ago, but forget exactly where.

Go4Long
10-06-2013, 08:46 PM
It's somewhere in the immediate vicinity of the Airdrie Airport.

Raxo
11-11-2013, 09:06 PM
I signed it too.

I came to Calgary and was hoping to find some motorsport I could get involved in, but then I found out that there are no tracks here.

There's all this money and younger crowd, but no dragstrip, off-road course, ice tracks or nothing?

Since winter is almost here, is there anybody with some land and a tractor? A good track in the snow, a shoutout in this forum and a small entrance fee and we could have a competition going.

speedog
11-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Raxo
Since winter is almost here, is there anybody with some land and a tractor? A good track in the snow, a shoutout in this forum and a small entrance fee and we could have a competition going.
So you'll pony up with the cash for liability insurance?

jacky4566
11-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Raxo
The nearest Rally-X is in Edmonton.
http://www.edmontonrallyclub.ca/

60$ entry for non-members.

jdmXSI
11-11-2013, 09:26 PM
There is ice racing at the ghost damn reservoir from time to time.

btimbit
11-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Signed and posted to Facebook

LOLzilla
11-20-2013, 12:53 PM
They have charity calendar available now for purchase. Consider spending a couple bucks for Motorsports.

http://www.rockyviewmotorsports.com/

ercchry
11-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by speedog

So you'll pony up with the cash for liability insurance?

its not that bad, full facility coverage at race city use to run me ~$1200 for a half day... divide that over 20-30 drivers and no facility rental cost and its some good cheap fun. dont have to pay up till a week out either so you just collect deposits