PDA

View Full Version : Meister MSTR Watch Giveaway!

Pages : [1] 2 3

rage2
07-25-2012, 11:49 PM
http://virgeweb.com/rage2/meister.jpg

Hey everyone. As I mentioned elsewhere, MSTR is owned by my cousin in law, and they've given me several watches to give away to beyonders to help promote their brand in Canada. MSTR is already popular in the US, Europe, and Japan, and have now started working its way into the Canadian market.

The brand is started by a bunch of car guys like us, so you'll notice some car themes in some of their models. They're a good alternative to Nixon and Vestal watches, and are priced very competitively against them. If you want to see some of these in person, they're available for purchase at The Bay. Alternatively, you can check out the Meister Watches website (http://www.mstrwatches.com/).

So, here's the deal. I'll be giving away a couple of these watches to beyonders that frequent the Fashion and Luxury forum. In return, the winners will have to take pictures of the watch that was won, and write up an honest review of the watch, with comparisons to other similar watches that you own.

Also, you can not sell the watch. It's yours to keep, but not to sell. Obviously, I can not really enforce that, but hopefully the winners will respect this rule.

So how can you win one? Simple. Post a reply to this thread stating why you feel you should win one, and I'll be choosing the winners myself. There are a few ways that your chances of winning will increase:

- Sample pictures of watches you've taken pics of
- List of watches in your collection
- Number of posts on watches in this forum
- Higher than grade 4 spelling and grammar in your posts :rofl:

You should also post which watch you want to win (along with a #2 and #3 choice) from the watches above, to help me make the decision a little easier.

Good luck!

Disclaimer: Rules of this contest are subject to change at any time. Anyone can enter, including beyond.ca and Beyond Media Inc. staff and family.

JAYMEZ
07-26-2012, 12:24 AM
My Entry ...

Reserved Spot :) .. Drunk ATM ... So I am at grade 3 learning , and nearly blind.. Stay tuned tomorrow..

Also I have no pictures of watches , but I do post pictures of hot girls ? Can that be a substitute LOL

epp01
07-26-2012, 12:28 AM
My entry is, although I have never had a super nice watch. It was never because I didn't want one, but because the finances didn't allow for it. If I got one of those watches I would wear it everywhere and all the time lol. Most likely Instagram the shit out of it, I like the middle one the best (looks the cleanest I think) and the reason I deserve it is because I want it lol. No sob story, I've never had a super nice watch, but I've always wanted one and it would definitely be appreciated. Oh ya my picture lol, me imaging wearing said watch haha:

PS: I'm sick of looking at Soraths and redlineJr's pictures of their ballin' watches and having nothing on my own arm to take a picture of haha.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/KingofSpades/photo-4.jpg

EG6boi
07-26-2012, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by rage2
If you want to see some of these in person, they're available for purchase at The Bay.

I didn't know they sell these at The Bay? I've never seen them at Sunridge or Market Mall. Maybe Chinook? These watches look great! I've seen these watches on Revolveclothing.com but it'd be nice to try them on in person before purchasing.

It's probably the closest to a Hublot I'd ever get lol. I hope to see them grow in popularity in Canada. Great brand for sure.

A790
07-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Watches have always been something that has interested me. Aside from their beauty, there's something innately fascinating about the intricacy of their inner workings. I remember watching a "How It's Made" episode on watches a couple of years ago and it blew my mind.

Unfortunately, watches are also one of those things where you have to "pay to play". Reading many posts on Beyond showcasing some really amazing timepieces, I decided several months ago to start saving to purchase a watch to start my "collection".

I do have a few watches, and each has a story to them, but they certainly aren't collectible in the traditional sense.

Here are my watches:

http://i.imgur.com/beU2V.jpg

I'll start with the Gucci. The Gucci watch, which I'm actually pretty sure is a ladies watch, was given to my by my mother when she and my step-father divorced. In all honesty, I'm not really sure what compelled her to purchase me a Gucci watch given that we were broke at the time. She gave it to me several months after they divorced (I was 16), and I never paid it much mind as I was a typical "angsty" teenager. However, the watch went with me when I moved to Ontario and somehow made its way back unscathed three years later. It carries some sentimental value, and for that reason I think I'll always have it.

The Bulova was something that I bought because I really loved the simplicity of it. I bought it when I was 18, just before I moved to Ontario. It was $456, and at the time it was the single most expensive item I'd ever purchased that I wore regularly. This is still my "go to" watch for when I go out and need something tasteful to wear.

The Fossil was a gift to myself right after I had made my first $5,000 with a business I had started back in 2007. Though the business has since transformed, the Fossil watch (which cost me $429) has remained. It's simple, and it reminds me of all of the hard work I have put in to making something of myself.

The watch on the right is really something special to me. It's a Bulova "Caravel", though it's value is something I've never cared to explore. It was a gift from my biological father, whom I have never really had a truly close relationship with since he moved to Toronto when I was 3. I suppose it's the lack of relationship that causes me to put a little more value into the things from him that I do have. I've never worn it, mostly because it was my fathers watch and I'd hate to ruin or tarnish it. I've always had it, and I don't think I'll ever part with it. It doesn't suit my tastes, but it's one of the few things I possess that was given to me by my Dad. One day, if I ever have a son, I'd like to pass it along to him. Maybe he'd find the same sentimental value in it as I do.

The Meister on the far left is a beautiful watch. It's bold and monotone, but has just enough contrast to catch your eye. The middle watch is also quite nice, and the white "Meiser" around the bezel is a nice touch. The watch immediately to the right seems to have a carbon fibre face, though it's hard to tell from the picture. All three look great and I'd be happy to own any of them. Maybe then I could start posting some wrist shots. :)

JLau
07-26-2012, 01:18 AM
I think #1, 2 and 4 are pretty nice, no particular order

Doesnt matter if i win or not, just wanted to share my thoughts on this brand and their design. First of all, I admire people who are creative, open to new ideas, and are able to do something they truly enjoy and share it with everyone else. Their brand Meister is also quite interesting to me, "master" in german, shows their ambition to become a leader in sports watches in the future. Their design and material are influenced by their past experience in carbon fiber manufacturing and interest in automotive designs. It would be cool if they can incorporate parts of a vehicle into their design as well.

My wife and i have 2 rolexes, 1 cartier, 1 IWC, and a few other normal brands like Gshock, ESQ, Burberry etc. I have always enjoy looking at watches (cant really afford to buy too many).

soupey
07-26-2012, 01:52 AM
Hmm guess I don't really post much in the forums in regards to watches, but I've always looked at some of the designs that people post up that I assume are a little too much for me to afford to throw on my wrist...that said I've gone through a few watches myself over the last couple years. Photos are all from today with a macro lens, probably have taken photos in the past but can't be bothered to find em all.

Reason I would want one of those Meister watches would be to get away from the majority of rectangular watches I already have. Also really like the touch of CF added to some of them.

#1: Fossil Speedway (2004)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19376705/1.jpg
My first "real" watch that I ever wore on a consistent basis. Got it as a graduation gift after finishing high school. Thing has withstood the test of time and shows a bunch of scratches and marks that I just tell myself adds character to my first real timepiece.

#2: Fossil Arkitect (2007)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19376705/2.jpg
Purchased this as a gift to myself after getting into professional school after 3 years of undergrad. This one probably stayed on my wrist the longest and has the most wear out of all my watches. Instantly grew attached to the rectangle face and edgy lines of the watch. I went through my first serious relationship with it, lost it midway through in Vancouver at my sister's place. Thought it was lost forever and I went back to wearing my first watch. It only recently showed up after my sister sold the place and it randomly made its way back at the bottom of a box of kitchen items.

#3: Starck Veiled Black (2010)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19376705/3.jpg
Got this watch after wanting something different from everything else I had and to get something other than Fossil (turns out Fossil still manufactures the Starck line of watches). Saw this guy and instantly wanted it. I think it looks slick and always draws attention because of its stealthy look. I ended up overusing this watch and in an attempt to stop using it before wrecking up its glossy appearance...I purchased the next watch...

#4: Fossil Franklin (2011)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19376705/4.jpg
Purchased this to replace the Arkitekt watch above that I thought I had lost for good and to give me an alternative to the Starck watch. Didn't move too far off from what I had before, same rectangular face but little more modern with more curved lines.

#5: Nixon Rotolog Black (2011)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19376705/5.jpg
Another watch I don't wear too often in an attempt to preserve its glossy finish. Got this as a gift from my current girlfriend's parents after graduating from professional school. To me it's on par with the Starck Veil watch in terms of appearance. Definitely like the alternative look to both of them.

Out of those Meister MSTR watches, I like 'em in this order: 4 1 3 2 5

JordanAndrew
07-26-2012, 03:50 AM
I would love the 1st one, the 4th one or 3rd one from the left in that order. I haven't worn my watch for almost 2-3 years now after I broke the links on it and haven't been able to find a replacement link for it. The last watch that I bought was a Seiko Kinetic titanium watch that I got from Hong Kong in 2008.

It'd be nice to have a classy watch again, I would definitely wear it everyday and brag about it.

I don't have an actual picture of the watch that I currently have, but it looks like this one.

http://www.sale-swiss.com/facep/1011241053.jpg

07-26-2012, 06:48 AM
I will just put this out there - the only watch I have ever owned was a walmart timex. I wore that watch to oblivion, replaced the strap twice, and the battery once.

I have never been a watch guy, I am pretty hard on them and quite honestly, the budget has also never really allowed for it.

I now fly a desk and would like to increase my office "swag", a watch might just do this for me.

I dont expect to win, but what the hell - typing this up cant hurt my chances at all.

I like #'s 4,3 and 1.

edit* Thats pretty damn cool your inlaw's give away watches to promote the brand - thats way better than a t-shirt or travel mug.

dj_rice
07-26-2012, 07:03 AM
Why should I win one?

Cause I've never had enough money to afford getting myself a watch from my childhood all the way up my adulthood. It will also give me the confidence to walk into the club/bar/restaurant and flash my new MSTR bling and mack on chicks. It will make me feel like I have added an extra 4"s to my manhood and I can strut my stuff. All chicks look for bling on a guy so this will be the chance to seize the moment for me if I win.

**Now I know this ain't no balling Hublot watch like rage2's that will add an instant 10" but it will feel and act like a Hublot to me****

I like Watch #2, #1, #5, #3, #4. I would be happy and feel like I won the lottery with any of the watches if I won actually. And if I indeed won one, BEYOND.ca is the best automotive enthusiast forum ever and has greatly increased my chances with the opposite sex.

***If I win, every chick that I interact with, I will get pictures of her and the watch together. If there are no pictures, it means I had no luck with the new bling on my wrist***

Type_S1
07-26-2012, 08:00 AM
These look like pretty awesome watches. Why should I win one? Because I love watches but can't bring myself to buying any new ones because of recent larger purchases. I would rock the shit out of one of these watches making guys downtown want to buy them and ladies want to buy them for their man. Really it would be good free advertising since my job requires me to be out meeting people constantly :rofl:

My watches (nothing big ticket as of yet):

1. Movado Meseum Model: 0606504

2. Emporio Armani Super Slim Ceramic AR1440

3. Hamilton QNE H76515523

4. Bulova Marine Star 98B106

I like these Meister watches in order (starting from the left); #1, #3, #4, #5, #2 but any of them would be awesome.

logi
07-26-2012, 08:09 AM
I Dont post much in the watch forum. I do like watches that are unique...can never bring myself to buy a "baller" one like most of the ones I've seen in the Nice Watches and the Wrist Shot Friday Threads.

Why I should win:
1. I've actually been looking at Meister watch since they did the one for Anderson Silva that was limited to 200 pieces. Hard to find these watches when I'm in the states and up till now they werent available in Canada
2. These models are nice enough that they can be used for a casual day or a more dressed up kind of day
3. I'm asian and who doesnt like the chance to win something for free.

The models I'm interested in are: 1, 4, 2

Watches I have on rotation:

The Hundreds x G Shock
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8161/7650136852_555a336b31.jpg

Tsovet
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7131/7650136084_fd0ea50b90.jpg

G Shock
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8163/7650135366_d7bde4682e.jpg

Euro_Trash
07-26-2012, 08:27 AM
First off, please forgive my photography (it is not something I have tried to get better at).

My watch history:

The Bulova was my first “nice” watch. A girlfriend bought it for me as a Christmas present, and I learned the hard way that one should never engrave a watch. She engraved the back, but we later broke up so I felt a little silly keeping the watch. I sold this one for an upgrade down the road.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/dbpiche/P1010935-1.jpg

The JC was my first ebay watch purchase. It was a nice looking watch, but was a fairly simple quartz watch. I ended up selling it on Beyond after wearing it a handful of times.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/dbpiche/P1010926-1.jpg
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/dbpiche/P1010928-1.jpg

I bought the Marathon TSAR as a heavy duty watch for day to day use. It is a quartz watch, but the high torque movement and screw down crown make it feel high quality. I rotate this with the Lum-Tec below for everyday use. I have had this one for a few years now and it still looks essentially brand new.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/dbpiche/P1020479.jpg

My first (and only) automatic watch is my Lum-Tec M18. I wear this most often, mainly to keep the watch running. It keeps time fairly accurate (have to adjust it about once per week), but this watch is definitely about attention. The bright colors (not to mention the luminescent) catch a lot of eyes so I get a lot of comments on this watch.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/dbpiche/P1020475.jpg

I have always been interested in watches mainly due to the intricacies of the movements, and the attention to detail every watch maker needs to match. The mechanics behind automatic watches still blow my mind, especially when you see them taken apart. I am still learning a lot about the industry and the technology, so I tend to read more than comment in the watch forum (the Real Estate/Finance, Fashion & Luxury and General forums are where I spend most of my time on Beyond).

As you can see, all of my watches are fairly casual. I would love to get one that I could wear to corporate functions without looking like a dweeb, which I think watch #4 would cover. My next two choices would be #5 and then #1.

Thanks for putting this on Rage and Meister!

KRyn
07-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Why should I win one? Plain and simple, I am currently not rocking a watch and all of my co-workers are watch snobs. I work with a bunch of guys and even a few gals that are always rocking the newest and hottest time pieces. The day I show up wearing a watch everyone in my office will want to know about it, think of the free advertising! Also not having a watch at the moment I will be constantly wearing this watch 24/7! Having a nice watch will complete my wardrobe and get both my girlfriend and mom off of my case about buying myself one. Apparently all real men have a nice watch or two (or three or more!)... and I have none. Help make me a real man!

Sample pictures of watches you've taken pictures of...

- None! :(

List of watches in your collection...

- Iphone4, that said I will compare any watch I win against my friends and colleagues watches.

Number of posts on watches in this forum...

Higher than grade 4 spelling and grammar in your posts...

I am so SMRT!

Preference of watches shown…

- 3, 4, 1, 2, 5

Tik-Tok
07-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by rage2

So how can you win one? Simple. Post a reply to this thread stating why you feel you should win one, and I'll be choosing the winners myself. There are a few ways that your chances of winning will increase:

- Sample pictures of watches you've taken pics of
- List of watches in your collection
- Number of posts on watches in this forum
- Higher than grade 4 spelling and grammar in your posts :rofl:

You should also post which watch you want to win (along with a #2 and #3 choice) from the watches above, to help me make the decision a little easier.

- I've never taken photos of watches
- I own no watches
- I believe I posted about a kids Transformers watch once

I feel I should win one because I haven't owned a watch in 15 years, starting to feel like I should, and a free watch would probably get me into another expensive hobby. Wait.. maybe that's not a good thing.

Watch preference order 1,3,2,3,5.

AaronK
07-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Why should I win? Simple. I would love to win because I would love to add another nice watch to my collection, and I have heard many good things about Meister watches. I also would love to one day have a watch collection large enough that I can wear a diff watch every day of the week!

Here is the best pic I have taken of one of my watches:
http://i.imgur.com/SQctE.jpg

Watches in my collection:
Armani AR2425 Rose Gold
Lum-Tec M48
Hublot Big Bang Ice Bang

I post quite frequently in the Nice Watch thread, and in the Friday Wrist Shot thread.

The order I'd prefer of the MSTR watches are as follows: 1-3-5-2-4

Thanks! :burnout:

XylathaneGTR
07-26-2012, 09:12 AM
I'll quickly reserve a spot in this thread.
I'm at work right now and won't make it home until late tonight, but I'll get this updated on the double.

Your pal,
-D

GOnSHO
07-26-2012, 09:20 AM
First of all, all of the watches created by your in-laws are gorgeous!! i would love to own any/all of them!

Ive always had a thing for watches, as a kid growing up in dover/forest lawn area, my parents finances as well as my own didn't allow for anything overly nice. This meant i had to buy those $15-$20 watches from the cart in marlborough mall. I knew they were cheesy and fake but i just loved having a watch on my arm, whether it be shiny with fake bling or something a bit more low key...

As i grew up and finances allowed i started purchasing a bit more expensive watches but nothing overly nice.

I currently own 4 watches:

- Nixon Duke (Black Strap, Silver Bezel, Black Face) (Discontinued)
- Nixon Quatro (Silver Band, white/silver checkered face)
- Nixon 51-30 White Steel (Silver Band/Bezel, White Face)
- and a watch i got from my step dad when i was younger, i just found it in a box while unpacking.. i need to figure out what it is, its nothing amazing, but it means alot to me and for that reason, ill get rid of it.

I have posted in the Friday Wrist shot thread with my 51-30 on. When i have that watch on i feel kind of like a baller, nothing in comparison to a couple guys on here, but i do get a lot of comments on it. As well as in some of the which watch should i get pages.

i will post pics of my watches tonight when i get home...

If i had to pick one of the watches posted, i would say #1 or #4.. as i tend to go for metal banded watches

Cos
07-26-2012, 09:29 AM

taemo
07-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Unlike the others, let me tell you why I don't deserve one of these fine watches.:rofl:

I can't stand owning more than 1-2 watches at a time, especially if they are automatic, the reason being is I don't like the idea of one sitting at home collecting dust.

I'm not a watch collector, for me watches are there to tell the time, they have to be accurate, reliable and can be worn at any condition hence why I don't like spending a huge amount of money on one.
I would be paranoid wearing an expensive watch due to fear of scratching or damaging it, it would always stay at home which IMO beats the purpose of owning a watch.

That said, I admire a beautifully well crafted watch, the man-hours assigned to design and build one, the engineering behind it, materials used, etc.

My preference from the 5 Meister watches
if I ever win the white strap watch, my fiance will probably be the one rocking it
if I win either one of the watches, I promise a detailed review, pictures and ask the public for their opinion

Watches that I've owned
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2338/img2130z.jpg
1939 Minerva w/ DH - assigned to a german WW2 soldier during the war

1939 Helios w/ DH - assigned to a german WW2 soldier during the war

Steinhart Nav-B Uhr 47mm

Watches that I currently own
http://www.watchesonhand.net/Uploadfiles/watchesonhand/product/Seiko-Chronograph-Black-Dial-Mens-Watch-SNN103.jpghttp://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8809/photorrr.jpg
Seiko Chronograph SNN103 - permanently retired as desk clock in front of my computer

Seiko SNZG07J1 - been my only watch for the past 2 years, love the simplistic look and fairly reliable.
will never be sold as gift from the fiance

Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage Red - bought on impulse, still on the fence whether on keeping it or selling it, great looking watch though!
I took some macro shots of the Ocean 1 the other night, just haven't had the chance to edit them yet.

rizfarmer
07-26-2012, 09:38 AM
-Occasional contributor to Fashion and Luxury forum not only in regards to wrist pieces but via pm to other members looking for help with suiting and suit alteration/repair (based on my limited expertise in this industry)- these threads seem to pop up every couple of months or so. Recent contributions to Fashion and Luxury forum:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/dive-watches/showthread.php?s=&postid=3946907#post3946907
http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/dive-watches/showthread.php?s=&postid=3946896#post3946896
http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/uboat-classico-vs-lumtec-lz4-eurozilla-/showthread.php?s=&postid=3932820#post3932820
I’m likely ~dozen posts in this forum on watches

My contributions to Wrist shot Friday! Thread:
*cough*

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/IMG_0764.jpg

And another no one has heard of

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/tateossian.jpg

Other watches in my [small] collection:
Tateossian- Red & Black Carbon fibre
Guess Fashion Watch
Nautica chrono auto diver
A Citizen eco drive ‘dress’ watch
Couple of bad replica tags;
here’s a sample

Clean and sleek under a shirt cuff: Tateossian [unknown model]

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/IMG_0974475x640.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/IMG_0970478x640.jpg

Large clean face, cool band: Guess fashion watch

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/IMG_0975478x640.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/IMG_0978478x640.jpg

My favourite: Nautica chrono auto diver

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/IMG_0980478x640.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/IMG_0986478x640.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/IMG_0997478x640.jpg

I’ve recently taken interest in the mechanics and construction of watches whereas before I didn’t know the difference between an automatic and a quartz. I’ve been looking for a new ‘unique’ watch to add to my collection and try doing my own WUS style review on, but it’s not in the budget at the moment so this would be an excellent opportunity for my first review.

Based on the other watches in my collection, a MSTR would be the ‘nicest’ however I have other comparable watches to give an honest review of the watch, without being influenced from owning time pieces of much higher quality or cost. My preference of the available watches:

1- Diver 1
2-commander
4- ambassador
3- prodigy black
5- chief

Nobody likes a novel so I’ll stop. Thanks for the consideration.

EK 2.0
07-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Hi, my name is Arif. I would like to enter the contest for a couple of reasons. Mainly because having a dressy watch is a prerequisite in the world. I would greatly appreciate winning any one of those watches that has been shown above, but the second and the third from the left seem to tickle my fancy the most.

Also, while I do have a few watches that I can currently choose from to wear, a couple variations of the Nixon Cannons, a few Ben Sherman tickers, and a plethora of G Shocks (various colours to fit my moods and to match the sneakers I might be wearing that day), also a FLUD Turntables piece that the ladies seem to dig (but it far too big to wear on any sort of regular basis) Having and rocking a sexy Meister MSTR would only help to enhance my game with the ladies. As you know, an e-mack is not an e-mack without a snazzy timepiece. Plus on top of all of that...a new watch will allow me to keep track of all my moderating hours I've been putting in for as long as I have.

I would like to say that I have a lot of posts in the fashion forum, but without any sort of fancy watch to show off I can't say that I do. But perhaps winning one of the gorgeous Meister MSTR timepieces will change all of that.

I really hope that I am lucky enough to be chosen as one of the winners. But good luck to everyone who is entering.

Sincerely,

Arif.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1939_112547415054_2304_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/240_31649260054_5204_n.jpg

Kavy
07-26-2012, 10:02 AM
I will toss in an entry as well, those Meister watches are beautiful.

My comparison however would be limited to two brands as I only own Tag and Nixon watches and have yet to branch out.

I currently own:

TH Carrera, first nice watch I ever bought.
Nixon 5150 Gunmetal
Nixon 5130 Chrono Surplus (have no clue but really dig the dark green)
TH Formula 1 (anniversary gift, best one ever. This year I got a lawn mower.....what the shit, that's like me giving the wife dish soap and oven mitts.

Interested in 1 & 3

Good luck everyone who enters!

03ozwhip
07-26-2012, 10:16 AM
This is a pretty cool thing you are bringing into our little Beyond Rage! I'm interested in the contest for 2 reasons.

1. I love watches(timepieces). I've only just started really getting into them as it is definitely a money game when it comes to this "addiction" and im only allowed to buy so much stuff according to my wife.

2. I am trying to expand my horizons and learn more about different brands of timepieces and what better than to win one from Beyond and give a review on it?

I've had a minimum of I'd say 50 posts in the fashion and luxury section and will be continuing to use the section!

I currently own 5 watches(timepieces), 2 of which I just acquired in the last month or so.

First one I bought is a Nixon "The Duke" with the fat leather band, gunmetal face, brushed steel and REAL diamond(according to the watch lol)
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/cory_mr2/nixonwatch.jpg

Second is my Diesel Digital DZ7070, digital watch with black leather strap.
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/cory_mr2/dieselwatch-1.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/cory_mr2/dieselwatch.jpg

Third is my first real Timepiece which is a Bulova Marine Star 98E102 black and rose gold in color
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/cory_mr2/bulova.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/cory_mr2/watchbeyond.jpg

Fourth is my Citizen Eco-Drive CA0 CTZ-B8143 Black Stainless Steel GN-4W-S
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/cory_mr2/citizen-1.jpg

Fifth and newest addition to my collection is my Tissot T-Race with white rubber band and black/brushed face, i love this one.
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/cory_mr2/tissottrace.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/cory_mr2/003-9.jpg
I like the particular Meister watches in this order 1, 3, 4, 2, 5.

Here's a pic of all of them, one more space left for a Meister!!
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/cory_mr2/007-6.jpg

ga16i
07-26-2012, 10:24 AM
EDIT: Entry withdrawn due to lint's insurmountable awesomeness on page 4 of this thread.
My humble entry simply pales in comparison.

flipstah
07-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Well... I am a regular contributor to Beyond, especially the Fashion thread (frequent poster in the Nice Watches and Wrist Shot Fridays). I was also the one that stimulated the interest of your proposed Beyond/Meister collaboration, which I would be greatly interested in. Especially if it's my proposed design. ;)

My obsession with timepieces is a bit of an understatement:

https://p.twimg.com/Ayxwhz5CcAAfDX9.jpg

Missing from this shot is my special edition F1 as I was wearing it:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n205/dj_flipster/e4.jpg

I have watches of all shapes and sizes. I acquire all brands because I buy what I love and what makes me happy.

I love watches because it made me appreciate how precious time is in our lives.

Time dictates everything and I love the subtlety of its' power. If you don't believe me, show up late at a date or a meeting lol.

Watches are so simple yet so intricate. I am fascinated with how much effort mechanical timepieces go through to be built. It made me appreciate human perseverance and ingenuity. Some in my collection are older than my grandmother and still runs smooth. Amazing.

These pics are from my phone but I have a better cam that can do these:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3499/5840499991_d5f814e168_b.jpg

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4154/5414541727_1f3da92ef4_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3506/3184244992_751be60ff6_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3514/3184315716_555c815725_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3405/3184317248_461628ffee_b.jpg

As for the collection itself, I have an Omega pocket watch, a special edition Movado M125 museum watch, a Jeremy Scott special edition Swatch Lightning Flash... Blah, blah, blah, whatever.

Out of all of them in my collection, three have deep meaning to me and I will never, EVER let them go:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n205/dj_flipster/cd.jpg

This Citizen 430252 KA moonphase watch (4330 movement) belonged to my father and when he gave it to me, it was absolutely destroyed. He wanted to throw it away but I remember seeing this watch when I was a kid and was amazed by the moon and the sun moving within it. I got it fixed through Beyond and it runs better than ever.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n205/dj_flipster/22.jpg

This Seiko 7002 'Pepsi bezel' divers' watch also belonged to my father and he bought it brand new 20-something years ago. Still running strong, he gave it to me after knowing he can trust me with something valuable haha.

https://p.twimg.com/AyQbpj0CEAA1rQX.jpg

This Guess Indiglo from 1996 ticks loudly and it's not the prettiest watch of the bunch. I love it to death because it's my very first watch ever.

I still remember when I was a kid at the mall, I went to the Guess store and the sales lady showed the Indiglo technology to me. Seeing as I was 7, the glow in the dark ability was the knee's bees to me and I had to have it. I begged my parents for it and they said no because it was expensive (I lived in the Philippines at that time so our economy is a tad different from Canada lol).

Being the typical Asian kid, I worked hard through studies and yet, they still said no. I pulled the tantrum card and like a rock, my parents just stonewalled me and pulled out the belt.

Then on my birthday, I open my gift and there she was. I remember purposely staying late at night and going underneath the covers to push the button for HOURS!

This watch will always remind me that hard work does pay off and don't cry for something; work for it or else you're gonna get a whooping. It was one of my most amazing memories of my childhood.

I'd love to win the Ambassador one and only that one. If it's already taken, then I'd rather give my spot to someone else and let them enjoy it.

Even if I don't win, that's fine by me. As long as someone else is able to enjoy the passion and the love I have for watches, I can live another day. :)

It is one of the purest things in life. Watches will never lie to you and you can always depend on time. The trick is how to use it to the fullest.

If that watch DID lie to you, then you bought a shitty one.

Sorry.

- Don

topsecret
07-26-2012, 10:37 AM
I haven't owned a watch since I was 18, it was a Kenneth Cole that I bought from Watch It! I have been playing with the idea of buying a watch, however I feel like I need something to give me the push into starting a collection...I'm sure one day I will break down and buy one but who knows when?! I am left handed but for some strange reason I wear my watch on my left wrist, because of this reason I like #2 the most since the dial is on the opposite side, #3 is my second choice and #4 is my last choice! If you want a good review where the watch gets put through some paces I am pretty hard on equipment and I will wear it on my day to day grind (aside from work, I work on cars and wearing a watch is a big no no as i don't want to scratch anything not to mention how dangerous it is) I do a lot of physical activity so I will be able to test how the watch will stand up to being smacked around!

-Kent

-relk-
07-26-2012, 10:52 AM
I have never owned a high end watch! Really interested in getting my hands on one, but being a student really limits my choices. I hope that one of these MSTR watches can be the start of my collection!

ercchry
07-26-2012, 11:11 AM
i like #2, 1 and 4 (in order)

i love big watches, really need something to add to the collection with a giant ass crown.

im not big on taking pics of my watches. but i do have a pretty decent camera and know somewhat how to use it (im a wiz at photoshop though :rofl: ) ...if thats what you're getting at ;)

currently i have a few reps, and a few non-reps. collection is sitting at about... 10ish?

i have mostly dive, pilot, and military watches. ranging from 39mm up to 56mm

not saying which are rep or not, but brands (off the top of my head) are...

iwc, omega, pam, uhr-kraft, nixon, rolex, chopard, some other obscure shit

number of posts? dunno (EDIT:76 posts in fashion and luxury or .95% of all my posts vs. Rage2's 377 or 1.53 total posts :eek: )... too many to count. i would say top 5 watch commenter on here for sure. plus i feel like im owed for being a top 30 poster and not getting invited to the anniversary party :D

Destinova403
07-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Why should I win?

Im a watch enthusiast, simple as that. From 2008 when I first started working in jewellery I have loved watches. My appreciation for the quality of high end watches and the craftsmanship that goes into them ties into my studies as a History student as well. Knowing that an individual hand crafted it without the use of automation and using centuries old techniques really appealed to me.

I have posted a few times in the watch thread and became a beyond.ca sponsor a few years back and I was able to offer fantastic prices on watches and other jewellery to beyond members.

Here is a picture I took of two of my watches

Breitling Superocean Automatic
Tag Heuer Formula 1

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/228218_10150596439085203_5177008_n.jpg

PICK ME! :)

infected
07-26-2012, 11:23 AM
I have actually only worn Nixons and Vestals ever since I could start affording my own watches. However, I've recently been forced to sell all of my collection of roughly 10 watches due to the fact that I'm extremely strapped for cash lately with all the preparation to move out into my own first place. It sucks but I guess that's part of growing up is to have to start shifting priorities around. I was able to keep one of my Nixons (The Chronicle SS) for a daily and is actually the only watch I own now. I would be really nice to be able to have a collection again but that probably wont be for a couple years now until I'm all settled in again. I'd really be happy with any of the watches if selected as a candidate as I actually first heard about Meister from Fatlace but again was out of my price range. Cheers to a new-grad living on the bachelor budget!

jwslam
07-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Watches in my collection are pathetic. The few times I've posted in wrist shot friday make me feel so inadequate relative to beyond ballers.

Post #1 (http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/wrist-shot-friday/showthread.php?s=&postid=3922448#post3922448)
Post #2 (http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/wrist-shot-friday/showthread.php?s=&postid=3933701#post3933701)

T-Dubbs
07-26-2012, 11:29 AM
i like the first watch, and the last one in the photo

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/T-Dubbs/Calgary-20120810-00351.jpg

my IWC

and i also have a Bell & Ross and a TAG
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/T-Dubbs/Calgary-20120810-00348.jpg

spikerS
07-26-2012, 11:29 AM
I will throw my hat into the ring.

Why I would like to win a watch? I would love to have something of good quality, and finally have something I can be proud of, instead of admitting that I have to wear cheap garbage, or admitting I have to wear knock-offs.

the 3 watches that I currently have:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/403852_10151034855551368_96325737_n.jpg
From left to right: U-Boat knock off, Tag Heuer knock off, POS Timex expedition (4th one, as they never worked properly and just gave up)

As for my number of posts regarding watches on the forum, I would say less than 10, to be honest about it, I am kinda ashamed of what I have that I post about, so it is low.

I keep going into jewellery stores and checking out watches, wanting to buy one, and always remember that I am no Beyond baller, and then have to leave disappointed. Divorce and kids kinda leave me broke. Would be nice to have something of value that I could be proud of, and display and wear around.

If I had my choice, I would love #1, #4 or #2

An example from the wristshot Friday thread of my shame LOL. Hey, at least I am honest about it...

Originally posted by spikers
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Snorakk/20111228_121916.jpg

still rocking it, and it is still working great! hahahaha

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I really like that watch Spikers :thumbsup:

Originally posted by spikers

Thanks, but it is a knock off. I picked it up in the Philippines in December for about $35 CDN. It runs like a champ, and self winding to boot! Hasn't got a scratch on it, and I have banged it around quite a bit, hence why even if I could afford to blow that kind of cash on a real one, I wouldn't. I am just to hard on them.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I was wondering why the crown was on the right hand side! lol

Nice buy for $35!

As for the part of me being too hard on them, that's not true, it is just an excuse I tell myself.

Redlyne_jr
07-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Ill throw an entry in, even though i don't fulfill some of the requirements specifically "Higher than grade 4 spelling and grammar in my posts"

-Bell & Ross BR01-92
-Porsche Design P6340
-Nixon 51-30 Ceramic
-Nixon Ceramic Player

Recently sold my Classic Flyback, need to replace that one with something else.

If i had the choice i would take the Meister Ambassador Black on Carbon #4.. That's really the only one i would wear out of the bunch to be honest..
:guns:

JfuckinC
07-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Those are pretty nice watches!

I don't post in the wrist shot firdays thread because my two watches would get laughed outta there :rofl:

I have two Nixon 51-30's, One tide in all gold (bought wasted in vegas cause i loved how douchey it was lol) and one chrono in gunmetal. i like them and get lots of compliments on them, they are fairly big, but im a big guy so its all relative..

I feel as though i should win one of these watches so i don't look like such a douche with my oversized goddy watches, and because i need a watch i can actually wear to work.
Number 1 and 3 are legit!

i want a hublot, but fuck spending that much :nut: one of my buddies just bought one for 14k or something. i make good money, but nothing that allows for anything like that.

plus most of my funds go to partying :love:

Disoblige
07-26-2012, 12:00 PM
I have always loved Nixon watches, as they're affordable and they have pretty awesome designs. This looks to be the same case for Meister watches. Currently, I wear a Nixon 51-30 in 100% Matte Black as my casual watch.

One of my favorite watches was my White Nixon Big Rig I've had since 2008. I kept it in mint condition (being white and all, you'd want to), but unfortunately one day I misplaced it and it was stolen. It pisses me off to this day, but it is what it is. Man, I miss that watch. So if for some reason I am chosen to win one, I'd gladly take #5 as my first choice (the only white one in the bunch). If not, I'd be happy with #4 or #1 to add to my collection of black watches.

I've worn watches all my life in the $150-$550 range from Nixon, Guess, Seiko, Citizen, Movado, and plenty of G-Shocks. I believe my review of the Meister would be honest, comparative, and in turn, credible to those who might consider buying a Meister in the future.

They look like awesome watches and I'd be more than happy to play with what looks to be a quality product.

Thank you.

bituerbo
07-26-2012, 12:37 PM
...because when I tried to contribute to wrist-shot fridays I was made fun of and my feelings were hurt.

J's_racing
07-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Hi I would love one of these watches from first to last I'd have to say #1, 5 , and 4. I love the look of one for how clean and simple it looks and 5 reminds me of a panarai I'd love to own one day. And 3 because being a car guy what can I say CF rocks lol. I don't have a huge watch collection, I own a Nixon "duke" that my girl got me three years ago. And still wear it everyday. The guys I work with are really into watches and have been trying to get me into it and telling me to buy a Rolex, panarai, iwc. I would love to show them these watches.

Thanks

austic
07-26-2012, 01:21 PM
I really only like the looks of 1, 3

I am an ocasional poster in the watches thread but regularly purchase watch magazines for reading during travel and follow several watch related blogs.

I have
2 D&G
3 Armani
1 Citizen Aqualand 40th anniversary dive watch
1 Mavado
1 Rolex explorer II

My dream watch is a Patek and I have a hate for big bulky watches like Nixon.

ercchry
07-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by austic
... I have a hate for big bulky watches like Nixon.

you know #1 is a 50mm, right?

EDIT:

more info on these

#1-Diver 1 50mm, swiss quartz, $400 msrp ($450 if its the titanium one)
#2-Commander 46mm, japan quartz, $400 msrp
#3-Prodigy 45mm, japan quartz, $160 msrp
#4-Ambassador 45mm, japan quartz, $400 msrp
#5-Chief 47mm, japan quartz, $250 msrp

so all of them are pretty big :thumbsup:

Akumaz
07-26-2012, 01:34 PM
I really like #2 and #5.

i currently just own a matte black G-shock
i have been looking at various different watches recently, but i can not find my self to pull the trigger on some, as they are just too expensive for my liking.

I really like #5! if i were to win it, I would rock it every day! Not only that, but you would also have saved me a few hundred dollars =) !

Hope all 5 watches find it self a good home~~

Spoons
07-26-2012, 02:36 PM
I love watches. I drool over the wrist shot Friday thread, but alas my lack of funds really holds back my watch "collection". Paying off student loans and the likes takes a much higher precedent than watches unfortunately.

I only have one watch, and that is the Fossil shown below (this was back when it was brand new). I got it for Christmas two years ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Gruntem/facebook_-2127872530jpg.jpg

I wear this watch every day almost, and I love it because it is my only watch (not to mention I enjoy the partial skeleton look). But I find that it doesn't really go well with my work attire. I would love to have the Driver One, as I find it has a much classier look to it, given with the linked wrist band instead of the leather one my Fossil holds. I also have a few pair of grey dress pants, so the lighter colour would definitely compliment that. I also have small wrists, so I love a bigger watch.

What I can promise you if given the chance to obtain the Driver One is a detailed review (I love writing reviews, I wrote one of the first restaurant ones in that section and most seemed to enjoy it), but more importantly, I will actually be wearing this watch. It won't just sit in a collection, it will be worn every day to work.

After a few months I can return and add to my review on durability, comfort, time accuracy, and the likes. Something that I think a lot of people will find helpful. Who wants a flashy watch if it's uncomfortable to wear?

This watch will be loved and used, I can promise you that.

My second choice would be the Ambassador and my third would be the Commander.

JfuckinC
07-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

EDIT:

more info on these

damn, it's a 50! they look smaller. i still think it's pretty sick though, and would clearly wear it haha :D

ercchry
07-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

damn, it's a 50! they look smaller. i still think it's pretty sick though, and would clearly wear it haha :D

its also 15mm thick... so, i hope you wear polo/golf shirts more than dress shirts :rofl:

the watch i have on today is 17mm thick, it doesnt come close to fitting under a shirt, its a square watch which is 46mmx46mm, or 56mm diagonal. every time i wear it i catch my boss looking at it with a look of either "i didnt think i paid him that much" or "jesus that a huge watch" :rofl:

rage2
07-26-2012, 03:25 PM
the watch i have on today is 17mm thick, it doesnt come close to fitting under a shirt, its a square watch which is 46mmx46mm, or 56mm diagonal. every time i wear it i catch my boss looking at it with a look of either "i didnt think i paid him that much" or "jesus that a huge watch" :rofl:
Easy fix... I had my last suit custom tailored on the left arm to clear my King Power. :rofl:

Spoons
07-26-2012, 03:27 PM

its also 15mm thick... so, i hope you wear polo/golf shirts more than dress shirts :rofl:

I like bigger and thicker watches. I've got dainty wrists, so the bigger face definitely helps with that. I've been wearing more polos as of lately because I've been working out and have actual muscles to show off now, but I've never really had an issue with my Fossil and dress shirts.

Gotta impress the ladies at work somehow... I think I'm doing it right?

JRSC00LUDE
07-26-2012, 03:36 PM
I only have one watch, it's a nice slim low-profile Gucci. My ex-wife bought it for me.

The simple fact that the only watch I own is a leftover scrap from my ex-wife should be reason enough for you to choose me.

EDIT - That's the one:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/gucci.jpg

I like the center watch of the five the best, with the one on its immediate right next and the outer left in third.

The only watch thread posts I've made are saying how much I dislike ones that are better served hanging around flavor-flav's neck.

I don't post much about things I can't afford! :rofl:

EDIT - Ok, I went to a wedding this weekend and wore my watch. It was really quite fitting that I did since, given how small the Lao community here is, a lot of my ex's family was there. It was great getting caught up!

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/20120804_204212.jpg

Mibz
07-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
The simple fact that the only watch I own is a leftover scrap from my ex-wife should be reason enough for you to choose me. I'd rather vote for this man than enter myself.

gyu
07-26-2012, 04:08 PM
From best to worst I prefer 3, 1, 4, 2, 5.

Why I want to win? Because my current watch is a hand me down from my dad so it's got a lot of sentimental value to me, and so if I win I'd like to give the Meister to him as a gift and surprise him :) (Hope this isn't considered breaking the rule)

My watches:
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/7310/calgary2012072600355.jpg

Left one is one of my first watches ever, it is a Spazio watch SZ-170 and I got it from my grandma as a gift when I was a kid. I don't use it anymore.

In the middle is a fake Ferrari Rattrapante watch my friend got for me from China or Hong Kong quite a few years ago. It's pretty sweet and looks nice. I love the fact that it is kinetic, however it doesn't keep track of time accurately so I don't wear it.

On the right is a Seiko 7N43-9070 my dad gave me. Even though it's not a baller watch, it's the nicest watch my dad's ever owned and he gave it to me earlier this year. It's got a simple and clean design which I don't mind. I still have everything that came with it, the box, manual, certificate of guarantee and the original receipt from 2001.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2526/calgary2012072600356.jpg
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1006/calgary2012072600358.jpg
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/2973/receiptsw.jpg

EG6boi
07-26-2012, 04:28 PM

EDIT:

more info on these

It's big as a G-shock; That's awesome. I have huge wrists lol and I look like an idiot with small 38mm watches.

MrSector9
07-26-2012, 04:55 PM
I never took a picture of a watch since I honestly do not have one, Never been a watch guy until I started browsing this forum and that is what makes me want a nice watch.

Choices for my first purchased watch would be either a MSTR or a Lumtec.. as much as I wish I could spend huge dollars on a watch $500 would seriously be pushing it for me (xmas gift maybe)

Number of posts on watches in this forum is (with this one) 2, the other was saying how I would actually buy a beyond MSTR. More of a lurker but normally check out any of the watch threads to live vicariously through others :)

My choice would be #1 as it is the biggest and I have big wrists and want to look flashy :) .. second would be any of the round face so 2-4, just not huge into the square face style.

Also still on board for a beyond edition watch.

nykz
07-26-2012, 05:32 PM
I’ll start with my first watch ever... This was back when I was in elementary; my parents bought me my first watch from Walmart for my birthday, I believe it was some sort of Casio. I wore it every day, no matter what I did, to the point where the fabric strap reeked of sweat. Eventually I had stopped wearing it as it wasn’t deemed fashionable or “cool” amongst other children at the time. Since then I have never had a watch, but have always been fascinated with how they work, and always had a soft spot for them.

But like any hobby, you have to pay to play. Unfortunately due to student loans I haven’t been able to purchase anything I like or wanted for quite some time now. I started paying off my debt instead of spending my income on luxurious items like a watch or on other hobbies like modifying the car. Until recently when I couldn’t resist any longer after lurking the Fashion and Luxury forum every day, seeing all the watches Beyond Ballers wore… particularly Rage2’s collection. :love:

So I bought my first watch for myself, it was a mechanical face – automatic Fossil watch ($195), now after owning this watch for about a week… my dad who had never owned a watch more than $50 in his life in order to provide for us, wanted a similar one. I decided to give it to him, once again… I was without a watch. A few days later my girlfriend decided to surprise me with a Fossil watch since she knew I couldn't afford another one, and now I wear it everyday (posted below).

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/25/fossil.jpg

I feel I should win one because this will be the start of my watch collection, and will allow me to become a contributor to the Fashion and Luxury forum. It would be awesome to be able to have a Beyond giveaway watch as my first post in the Wrist Shot Friday thread. It would be quite meaningful to me as I've learned a lot throughout the years of lurking on Beyond, surprisingly.:clap: The choices I've made in terms of my academic and occupational careers were based on what I've learned from reading other members experiences.

I would love the Ambassador (#4), my second and third choices would be the Diver (#1) and Prodigy (#3).

Now regardless if I win or not... I would still love a Beyond edition watch if there was one made! :love:

That's it for my sad sobbing story of why I should win, good luck everyone, and thank you Rage for the giveaway opportunity.

Prelude_dude
07-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Hello Rage2,

Even though I do not post in the fashion and luxury forum much (around half a dozen posts), I am subscribed to the Wrist Shot Friday thread. Wrist Shot Friday was the reason I got into watches. After seeing all the beautiful watches and doing my own research, I decided to join the watch craze, and while the watch I purchased was no where near the ranks of the watches posted, it is a watch I adore and am very proud of.

My first and only purchase was the Christopher Ward Malvern C5 Automatic Watch with the alligator band upgrade. It has been the best purchase ever. Its a dress watch that I wear everyday to work. Unfortunately I do not have a bracelet watch yet that can be my daily out-of-work watch. Winning #4 the ambassador (my favourite) would fill in my daily out-of-work watch void. My second choice would be #3 the prodigy.

Here are some photos of my current and only watch.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z86/Jonnie_5/2012-07-26175151.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z86/Jonnie_5/2012-07-26175230.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z86/Jonnie_5/2012-07-26175427.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z86/Jonnie_5/2012-07-26175455.jpg

Thank you for this generous donation and opportunity.

ramminghard
07-26-2012, 06:48 PM
I would like to win because I buy charity lottery tickets and 50/50 tickets constantly and have yet to win a damn thing! I also need to fill that empty space in the watch box!

My current watch collection consists of (L to R):
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8011/7653416836_7866a4dec0_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/60994895@N03/7653416836/)
DSC_0003 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/60994895@N03/7653416836/) by MPHeynen (http://www.flickr.com/people/60994895@N03/), on Flickr

1. Nixon Capital. Battery is dead for the third or fourth time now so I have set the time to 5pm and wear it when I am out drinking.

2. Nixon "The Player". Battery is again dead and also set to 5pm for the same reasons as above.

3. Casio G-shock. Ordered off the air miles site for 900 air miles. It is the outdoor activity and casual watch that I wear a lot on weekends.

4. Timex Expedition WS4. This is the backcountry watch mainly for the elevation feature. The other stuff on it like the weather and temperature have proven fairly inaccurate. This is the only watch in the collection I have purchased myself.

5. Omega Geneve. This was inherited from a grandfather and the watch repair place in chinook was able to get it working again, replaced the crystal and added a crocodile leather strap. This watch is mainly for occasions and does not see much daily use.

Overall the favorite watch in my collection is the Omega for the sentimental value and it being the only automatic. It would likely be a tie between the G-Shock and the WS4 for second however neither of these are really appropriate for an office setting. The Nixon's don't get worn much as they do not work and I am getting tired of them burning through batteries. They were both gifts from an ex and as such I would not feel right selling them.

Recently I have been looking at picking up a new watch that can be a daily wear watch to work but also work well with jeans and a t-shirt. I have learned from the Nixon's that cannot last 6 months on a battery and the 50+year old omega that is still running that when buying a watch to be more concerned with quality than the name on the face. This has led me to consider a few different Seiko's and Lum-Tec however I have yet to purchase one. I was not aware of Meister prior to this post however I think one would look great in the open spot in the watch box!

If I could choose from the Meister's pictured my preference would be: 4, 1, 2, 3, 5

Couple pics of the Omega an4d one of the WS4 that was for wrist shot friday.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7112/7653419790_94c93eea34_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/60994895@N03/7653419790/)
DSC_0480 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/60994895@N03/7653419790/) by MPHeynen (http://www.flickr.com/people/60994895@N03/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8018/7653426954_d91a384987_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/60994895@N03/7653426954/)
DSC_0511 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/60994895@N03/7653426954/) by MPHeynen (http://www.flickr.com/people/60994895@N03/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7050/6967001783_55f865e135_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/60994895@N03/6967001783/)
20120309_081701 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/60994895@N03/6967001783/) by MPHeynen (http://www.flickr.com/people/60994895@N03/), on Flickr

03ozwhip
07-26-2012, 07:49 PM
updated my post with pics in case it gets missed! lol

Mar
07-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Because I bring entertainment to the forum.

rookie101
07-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Although I don't post in the fashion and luxury section I'll throw my post in the mix as a long shot anyway!

I feel I should win a watch even though I don't post a ton, I do try to make all my posts friendly and helpful if possible. I started to hang around quite a few years ago due to the fact that I'm an automotive technician and well, it is a car forum. Started out mainly using the market place (and still have 100% user rating) but haven't used it in a few years.

Most important reason I feel I need a watch is I haven't had one since high school, and that was almost twenty five years ago! Yes I'm old.....:thumbsup: I'm on the skinny side of things, so given the choice my pick would go 4-3-2.

Thanks for all the entertainment Beyond has provided over the years!

Aaron

darthVWader
07-26-2012, 08:55 PM
I've posted two watches in the Friday section but yet to get a "nice watch" from Rage2. I only bought those watches to fit in here at Beyond :cry: But know one will give me the time of day.
Before I bought those two watches I had none. My daughter is 1/8 Indian (feather not dot) so I would send her out to look at the sun and tell me what time it was.
Also grade 4 were the best three years of my life.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd416/travel4trout/IMG_20120720_101539.jpg

I'll take what I can get. 1,4,?,?,?

ExtraSlow
07-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Because of the ghetto wal-mart Timex that I put in the wrist shot Friday thread. Wrist Shot Friday - Keeping it real (http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/wrist-shot-friday/showthread.php?s=&postid=3826899&highlight=Wrist+shot+friday#post3826899)
Plus the fact that even when I'm being a dick, I at least have decent spelling.

I do try not to be a dick all the time, and sometime I give stuff away in my "ExtraSlow freesale" thread. I even tried to get some people jobs at my company, although that didn't pan out . . . .

I'm not really OG, but I've been around for a while. I have Beyond stickers on my pickup and my minivan.

I prefer the look of watches 2 and 5, but any of them would be miles better than my current watches, and would get a lot of wear at the office.

sgouki
07-26-2012, 10:50 PM
I'll throw myself into this contest. I'm a pretty big watch lover like most people. What usually attracts me to a watch is not only design, but how it functions. I've had a few watches in the past. Started when I was about 7 years old with a Leonardo ninja turtle, rubber strap watch where the shell could conceal the time so you had to open it up. Very cool at the time. Then I moved to a few timex brand digital watches as I moved to the later part of elementary and onwards to high school as I liked the lap time features. I did a lot of sports so it was a huge asset.
My latest, most recent watch I purchased on my first year of university.
http://www.cartierwatchuk.com/images/cartier-watches/Tommy-Hilfiger-Watches-6654.jpg
A tommy hilfiger watch. Kept that for over half a decade till it was stolen :(. Looked great, grabbed a lot of attention from it's red backing and it was unique amongst everybody.
I really like items that function well and have that pop effect. I've been on the search for a replacement for a number of years(no more watch tan line atleast) and actually came across Meister a few months back. Is it sold in the Underground clothing store? Pretty sure I saw one there. If not then it was another store but I remember walking by and the carbon fiber caught my eye. Really unique and incredibly stylish. I took the name down and have been reviewing them on and off against Seiko and entry Rolex's. I don't really frequent specific watch forums unless it has the watch I'm looking for.

I'd love for the opportunity to rock and support such an awesome looking line of watches and posting up reviews on fashion forums(who i don't actually post on) and my existing forums that have fashion sections. I think these watches look awesome and I'd probably buy one anyway for it's amazing presence. But it's got to be the carbon fiber face.

My ranking from most amazing to amazing is:
4, 2, 1, 3, 5 (But I would wear any one of those with pride. They are all really well developed)

-Rich

natty54
07-26-2012, 10:52 PM
just posted up a little thread of my collection

my choices are : without handling the watches

4 / 2 / 1 possibly 3

Sugarphreak
07-26-2012, 11:45 PM

D'z Nutz
07-27-2012, 01:13 AM
May as well put in my entry....

I used to be really into watches when I was a lot younger until my dad gave me shit for getting so many then I stopped. After high school, he gave me his Rolex Datejust which I wore just about everyday up until 2 years ago. I lurk on the watch threads quite often and when I saw the Hublot F1 watch, I went on Youtube to see what the power reserve meter looked like in action. I didn't find it, but I saw some promo videos on the Tourbillon. After some discussion with rage2, I ended up buying a nice rep of one and retiring the old Rolex.

I'm certainly not the watch aficionado some of the members here are, but I really appreciate a well designed timepiece. For the most part, I really don't like watches just cause they look flashy or have an expensive price tag on them. I tend to like watches because of the mechanics behind them and designs that reflect the engineering behind it (that's why I have no interest in digital watches).

I've actually been wanting to building a rig just to photograph watches, but it's kinda pointless when I only have a few watches at the moment. Even if I didn't win any of the watches, I'd still love to photograph them!

Watches I own:
- Rolex Datejust
- Hublot Big Bang Tourbillon rep
- an Armani watch

It's a meager list, but I should have a few more to add to it by the end of the year if I can stop wasting my money on other things haha! Watches aren't like underwear. You should have at least a couple in possession so you can wear a different one everyday.

I only had time to do photos of my daily watch.

http://www.typicalfish.com/images/beyond/hublot_20120806_0014.JPG

http://www.typicalfish.com/images/beyond/hublot_20120806_0030.JPG

http://www.typicalfish.com/images/beyond/hublot_20120806_0031.JPG

http://www.typicalfish.com/images/beyond/hublot_20120806_0040.JPG

The watches in the order I like: 4, 1, 3, 2, 5

rage: since you have a direct line to the owner, any chance he'd listen to some design ideas?

taemo
07-27-2012, 08:19 AM
updated my entry.

flipstah, that seiko pepsi bezel with orange strap is sick and priceless, especially since it belonged to your dad.

flipstah
07-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by taemo
updated my entry.

flipstah, that seiko pepsi bezel with orange strap is sick and priceless, especially since it belonged to your dad.

Thanks. :)

It's definitely one of my favorites in my collection. It's sad that you're not keeping your Steinhart!

It's a beaut. :drool:

lint
07-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Oh, my, god. Becky, look at his watch.
It is so big. [scoff] He looks like,
He could bludgeon someone with it.
But, you know, who understands those horologists? *scoff*
They only talk to him, because,
They want to know what time it is.
I mean, his watch, is just so big.
I can't believe it's just so round, it's like,
you could read it from space!
It's just all black!

I like big clocks and I can not lie
You other balla's can't deny
That when a guy walks in with a tickity tickity tock
And a watch as big as a clock
You get sprung, wanna act all tough
'Cause you notice that bezel was buffed
Under the cuff he's wearing
Hublot? I can't stop staring
Oh Baby G, I wanna get with you
And take your picture
My homeboys tried to warn me
But that watch you got makes me so horny
Ooh, alligator skin
You say you wanna get in my Benz?
Well, wind me, wind me
'Cause I ain't got a battery
I've seen them flashin'
Flashy complications
Watches on Beyond
Got it goin' like a tourbillon
I'm tired of magazines
Sayin' little watches are the thing
Take the average Beyonder and ask him that
Panerai or Patek?
So, Ballas! (Yeah!) Ballas! (Yeah!)
Has your girlfriend got a watch? (Hell yeah!)
Tell 'em to shake it! (Shake it!) Shake it! (Shake it!)
Shake that auto watch!
Big Bang All Black!

I own a couple of Lum-Tec Tungstens (not a scratch still), 3 Seiko Kinetics, a Swatch Chrono, G-Shock and a Nixon Banks. Pics randomly strewn through out the Fashion and Luxury forum

Edit: looking at them more closely, I like the Commander (#2) the best. Then the Chief (#5) and the Diver (#1)

Mibz
07-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by lint
It's just all black!

And take your picture
Ooh, alligator skin
Well, wind me, wind me
I've seen them flashin'
Flashy complications
Watches on Beyond
I'm tired of magazines
Panerai or Patek?
Shake that auto watch!
Big Bang All Black!

I own a couple of Lum-Tec Tungstens (not a scratch still), 3 Seiko Kinetics, a Swatch Chrono, G-Shock and a Nixon Banks. Pics randomly strewn through out the Fashion and Luxury forum
The Chief (#5) would be a nice addition. I also like #1 and #2 Sorry JRSC00LUDE. New winner. Magnificent.

flipstah
07-27-2012, 01:42 PM
It's just all black!

And take your picture
Ooh, alligator skin
Well, wind me, wind me
I've seen them flashin'
Flashy complications
Watches on Beyond
I'm tired of magazines
Panerai or Patek?
Shake that auto watch!
Big Bang All Black!

The Chief (#5) would be a nice addition. I also like #1 and #2

I had to sing part of the verse out loud to see how you got to fit the word 'tourbillon' in the song.

Needless to say, I got judged by passer-by's. :rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
07-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Sorry JRSC00LUDE. New winner. Magnificent.

That IS awesome. Well done sir! :clap:

lint
07-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
I had to sing part of the verse out loud to see how you got to fit the word 'tourbillon' in the song.

Needless to say, I got judged by passer-by's. :rofl:

:thumbsup:

ga16i
07-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Sorry JRSC00LUDE. New winner. Magnificent.

I concur. This man should be the winner of all watches. Bravo!

flipstah
07-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by ga16i

Whoa... Hold your horses there, chief.

lint
07-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ga16i

nah, spread the wealth. Writing shit like that is fun.

max_boost
07-27-2012, 04:11 PM
that was a crayz effort by lint. nuts.

ercchry
07-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Rage just needs to get Swat Team back together and produce that shit! :rofl:

lison
07-27-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm starting to be a young gentleman and being a gentleman one can only show youth and class through a watch they appreciate and represent. Oh and also I've been told about Meister way back by someone related to rage2 but at the time I was too young to appreciate the role of a classy gentleman. I did rock a few of their computer wallpapers before! Although I haven't posted in the watches forums yet, I believe it is time.

Why I should win: It's time for me to wear a watch that stands out in terms of creativity, class and uniqueness. Plus, I should get that watch replaced.

The models I'm interested in are: 4,3,1,2,5

http://i50.tinypic.com/24c9yts.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/whb0pc.jpg

Illusive 4-2
07-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Alright I'll bite and throw my name into the bag as well:

I'd like to win one to add to my watch collection; MSTR has some unique design features that set them apart from other watches in my collection.

My collection started when I graduated from High School; I received a Movado timepiece from my parents as a gift. Through university, I never really looked into a new watch until I was between my 3rd and 4th year on internship when I started to notice the unique watches my co-workers were wearing. It became a great ice breaker and really eased the "new guy" tension on the team.

During internship, I picked up a Tissot PR50 as a new daily watch. With the black leather strap and contrast red stitching, it was a sharp timepiece that I was proud to wear all the time.

After finishing my degree and doing more and more research into watches, I made my first purchase above the 3 figure mark and picked up a Breitling Chrono Colt. I was looking for a higher end quartz as a new daily watch that I could rely on.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5244/5250425205_39d1d8eaf2.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5169/5250425933_518d667c10.jpg

Happy with my Breitling Colt as a daiily, I got my first mechanical watch the year after. Initially looking at an Omega Seamaster, I came across the Tag Heuer Aqua Racer Full Black at CJ and immediately fell in love with the design. The full black was a nice contrast to my collection of stainless watches. It's become my new go to watch as it keeps a low profile because of the full black look and fits perfectly on my wrist.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-38JS1M8QvWI/T7_m3aYRdZI/AAAAAAAAAPE/He3holyOIH4/s1037/IMG_20120525_140850.jpg

After returning from a half year stint in Houston, I came back to Calgary engaged to my girlfriend of 5 years. As an engagement present to me, she allowed me to pick a new watch as she knew how much I loved my watch collection. So the hunt was on and I almost pulled the trigger on the special edition Omega Seamaster James Bond 50th Anniversary. However, I've always been attracted to the Cartier Roadster. The unique shape caught my eye and the classic design of the face and strap drew me in further. Hitting up all of the major stores in Calgary, I stumbled across a great deal on a new Cartier Roadster Chrono which I promptly picked up.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-sTEr-mTmVhg/T9vKVswOUcI/AAAAAAAAAQw/hAkqrPTm4Vw/s778/IMG_20120615_175034.jpg

I'm always on the lookout for unique watches to add to my collection, an MSTR watch would definitely find a permanent home in my watch box (I still have 10 spots available hah!).

Can't say I've made many posts in this section of the forum, but I've made a few (probably around 10 haha) here and there. Pictures aren't great either, but I've never really tried to take some good shots of them. Will have to practice up for the MSTR!

Watch Ranking: 5, 2, 4

turbotrip
07-28-2012, 03:16 AM
I want the watch in the middle. Or maybe the right-middle one.
I dont have any watches right now because I cannot afford any.
I've got madd posts on watches in this section.

thx

civic_stylez
07-28-2012, 11:56 AM
I never used to understand the whole watch phenomenon when i was younger. I couldnt grasp how anyone could drop $1000.00 let alone hundreds of thousands of dollars on something that does the same thing as a $40.00 timex. As I got older and had jobs at Ferrari of Alberta and Bentley of Calgary, I got to meet some amazing clients that had some absolutely stunning time pieces. I realized that a time piece is a defining piece. A watch makes a statement about what type of person you are. Sort of like rims on a car. From blingy, flashy wheels down to the 15" lightweight Japanese wheels. Its a defining item. Some fashion oriented, some function. Women are always checking out other women with handbags and shoes. For guys, its all about the watch. If you are lucky enough to know much about the VERY difficult watch world, its great to have conversations with other people about their watches. It would be my pleasure to display and discuss one of these great time pieces. Ive been fortunate enought to slowly crack my way into the watch world with a TW Steel Grandeur Tech. I also wear a Diesel DZ series watch.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i19/hautsauz/watch.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ZLrpEY95OZk/Tg9Q2yAfypI/AAAAAAAAG20/lK-BqyUvQbQ/dz4192-1.jpg

All of the Meister watches are beautiful but my preference goes 2,3,4,1,5.

rob the knob
07-28-2012, 03:53 PM
meisterbater :facepalm:

nykz
07-28-2012, 07:04 PM

Damn that was sick:thumbsup: :clap:

Canmorite
07-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Damn, great looking watches on their site. Definitely going to look at these, well priced too :thumbsup:

Go4Long
07-29-2012, 08:11 AM
ooo, I need another watch to add to the collection.

I only have two watches in my collection, one is a cheap citizen eco drive that I got from the wife, the other one is a Hamilton Jazzmaster that I bought and told the wife I paid much less than I did. Here's some pictures I took of it:

http://www.stevenszabophoto.com/photos/i-44J5Pvq/0/L/i-44J5Pvq-L.jpg

http://www.stevenszabophoto.com/photos/i-Dxgpmrj/1/L/i-Dxgpmrj-L.jpg

http://www.stevenszabophoto.com/photos/i-WdVRRxn/0/L/i-WdVRRxn-L.jpg

http://www.stevenszabophoto.com/photos/i-QJ43QNk/0/L/i-QJ43QNk-L.jpg

I'm more of a lurker on the fashion forum, and most of my watch related posts have been more questions than answers, but I do like watches.

I'm also a bit of a grammar nazi, other than my addiction to the use of ... which is excessive but I have it under control.

And I like 4, 1, 2, 3

spikerS
07-29-2012, 02:31 PM
just out of curiosity, and I may have missed it, but Rage2, when are you planning to give these away?

rage2
07-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Sometime in the next week.

speeed
07-30-2012, 03:23 AM
I'll start off by saying I have close to no history with anything watch related. Prior to this, I've always been amused with watches, however I did not have the luxury to play around with them, as we all know watches can be some of the most expensive accessories. So unfortunately, I have never had the chance to post in the "Wrist Shot Friday!" thread.

Since Beyond started a new "Fashion and Luxury" sub-forum, and having it be mostly filled with watch related threads, it has expended my knowledge about different brands, styles, movements, and etc. This is one of the biggest reasons I now find these timepieces that much more fascinating.

So onto the watches I own..
I would have had nothing to post but this past weekend I picked up my first watch. After many hours of browsing online, and in stores for something appealing to me but also in my price range, I ended up picking a watch which was more versatile since it was going to be my only watch, I wanted it to be one I could wear with pretty much anything. Here's the Hugo Boss watch I purchased at Watch It! Nothing too fancy, Quartz chronograph movement with a black leather strap.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2554/img2012073000703.jpg

So far, I've been wearing it everyday but since there are endless possibilities of nice watches out there, I definitely want to expand on more than just one. I first heard of Meister Watches when Fatlace had a special edition ambassador which really caught my attention. From there Meister was one of the brands I've kept my eyes on, but because I wasn't able to try them on locally I didn't want to risk ordering it online and not liking it. With that being said, my favorites from the Meisters collection are the Ambassador(4), Commander(2), Prodigy(3), Chief(5), and lastly the Diver(1) simply because a 50mm watch would be way too big for my wrist.

Thanks to rage2 for the giveaway opportunity and best of luck to everyone participating!

Dumbass17
07-30-2012, 05:08 AM
i just want it

does that count?

this isn't fair, by the way, just after i post in two threads askign about Meister watches, here comes rage2 with a giveway.
smartass!:poosie:

Spoons
08-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ZLrpEY95OZk/Tg9Q2yAfypI/AAAAAAAAG20/lK-BqyUvQbQ/dz4192-1.jpg

I'm not a fan of Diesel at all, but I really like this watch. I take it the face glows as well?

civic_stylez
08-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

I'm not a fan of Diesel at all, but I really like this watch. I take it the face glows as well?

Sure does. Glows really well at night as well. I was never big into the diesel watches but i saw this one at the Diesel store in Switzerland and i picked it up. Havent had any issues with at and im surprised how many people ask about it!

npham
08-01-2012, 08:14 PM
I'll throw my name into the hat as well. I've been into watches ever since I was young. I would lose one every single year, but that same Christmas, I knew there would be a Timex under the tree. Those Velcro straps were swapped into every single one!

My first real watch per se came in the form of a high school graduation present from my parents who just happened to visit Vietnam and bring my brother and I back two Seiko's. I got the Kinetic titanium with black face while he got the silver faced one. This started the small collection I have today. Years later I would make the habit of buying a new watch each time I left the country. The Kenneth Cole was bought in New Port Beach and the Lacoste was from Vegas.

http://i.imgur.com/BNUYml.jpg

Next up was getting my girlfriend to enjoy watches like I do. It started with a pink ceramic Michael Kors chronograph that we picked up along side the gunmetal oversized chronograph during our 2nd visit to Vegas. She constantly is asked when we enter Michael Kors resellers where we bought it(limited quantities). I gave her the rose gold mother of pearl face MK watch as a gift a year later. She also wears the Seiko now from time to time.

http://i.imgur.com/dP36Kl.jpg

The last two watches in my/our collection are newer pick-ups. The TW Steel was a birthday gift and the Seiko was an impulse buy because I had a friend use his employee discount to buy it. Too bad he doesn't work at the store any more. Both are seeing the most wrist time lately, but the TW Steel has been my favourite.

http://i.imgur.com/KMACBl.jpg

I am a huge watch guy, and I've turned my girlfriend into a watch wearing girl as well. I'd like to think I'm a good ambassador for watches. While my collection isn't as high end as some, I'll be purchasing an Omega Speedy Pro or Tag GC in the next few months, to bring the stock up.

Given the choice, I'd love to add any of them, but my order of preference would have to be #5, #4 and then #2.

Spoons
08-03-2012, 09:22 AM
I could really use the watch now so I can look good while in court for my "distracted scratching" ticket. :rofl:

chibwack
08-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Add me to the list! I currently have one nice watch...but am saving up to get another. The addiction has started! Mom always said I liked pretty things :D

quick_scar
08-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Thought I would throw my hat into the ring last minute.

Here is the collection as it stands today:
http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x383/quick_scar/Wrist%20Shot%20Friday/DSC_0003.jpg

Top left you have a Casio Forester. This was basically my first watch that I bought myself from way back in the day.

Top Center you have a Bulova Accutron. I bought this from an old place of employment for stupid cheap. Was my first "Dress" watch.

Top right is a FAKE "Breitling for Bentley Motors". Funny story behind this one (or not so much for my dad). This one was purchased in the Bahamas when my parents were getting married from a jewelry store in downtown Nassau from what we thought was a up-and-up place. Well it turns out, the watch is a complete fake, we paid almost real price for it, and it was dead before we even left the resort at the end of our vacation. Live and learn I guess. Still wear it once and a while for show, but it doesn't work worth a damn.

Bottom left is my Nixon Banks. This was a Christmas gift to myself a couple years back if I remember correctly. I really like the contrasting face and the white on black really pops.

Bottom center is the current crown jewel of my collection. It is a Skagen. Super thin, light, and I just love the look. This was a gift from my dad a couple years back, and I absolutely love this watch. Pretty much my go to watch when I am going anywhere.

Like others here, I have 1 spot left in my show case. Hopefully it can be filled with a new "Crown jewel". My preference is #4, #1, #2. Today was my first post to "Wrist shot Friday", but hopefully I will be making many more! *wearing one of these beauties!!!** :D

dj_rice
08-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Who are the winners rage2?

rage2
08-03-2012, 09:30 PM
I'll be contacting the winners after the long weekend.

cet
08-03-2012, 09:43 PM
If it's not too late for an entry here's mine:

We used to go back to the UK to visit family every two years when I was younger. On this trip my grandma us grandchildren about £300. I was about 14 at the time and this was this was quite a bit of money to me. I used the majority of it to buy my first watch. It’s made by a British company which was started in 1946 called Accurist. At the time I loved the colours and the complications I don't wear it much any more because I feel the face is too small for my wrist.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8011/7708204800_5361362a63_b.jpg

I’ve always loved pocket watches so when I was around 17 or 18 I bought myself my next watch. A pocket watch made by Colibri. Unfortunately, this one doesn’t get a lot of use as I don’t have many occasions where a pocket watch would be warranted.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8292/7708204680_ce409a8328_b.jpg

The newest watch I own is a Concord Saratoga that I bought for a friend.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8282/7708204932_ba7926d9d2_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8013/7708205048_e44b228cca_b.jpg

I’ve always loved watches but other things (house, car, daughter) have always got in the way of expanding my collection. I’ve been on the look out for a more casual watch that can be worn when out and about with jeans or shorts. The Meister Chief would be perfect. The square shape reminds me of the Bell & Ross Aviation Series which was the next watch on my list to acquire and the white is perfect for a casual outfit.

The order of preference for the Meister’s is 5, 1, 3, 2,4.

FraserB
08-03-2012, 10:31 PM
I currently only own 1 "nice" watch, a Tag Heuer Formula 1 that I got myself as a grad present a few years ago. I like it since its not too flashy but I can still wear it pretty much every day to work or out with friends. It is actually a US watch that my sister went to considerable trouble to bring back for me after I had ordered it. I wear it pretty much all the time, except for the half dozen or so times I have lost it in my truck or if I'm working on my car.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd316/fraserbrown1986/Tag2.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd316/fraserbrown1986/Tag1.jpg

Over the last year I have been looking for another watch to buy and have finally narrowed it down to a Tissot SeaStar, Black Monster or a Tissot PRC200. Now that I have seen them, the Meister Commander or Diver 1 have been added to the short list.

For the watches I'd like to win, from left to right; 1, 3, 4, 2, 5

I'd love the chance to sport one these watches and will probably end up with one even if I don't win one. Probably sooner rather than later as I'll be down by the Bay on Saturday and will be stopping by to try a few on.

lint
08-07-2012, 12:48 PM
winner, winner, chicken dinner?

AaronK
08-07-2012, 02:51 PM
have the winners been announced yet?