PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden July 26 (tonight)

Vagabond142
07-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Who else is going?

This is going to one HELL of an awesome show.... I took a look at the setlist and nearly wet meself, it is so full of awesome :eek:

Here's the tour setlist: (edited to save Swak's precious eyes :rofl: )

-Moonchild
-Can I Play With Madness
-The Prisoner
-2 Minutes to Midnight
-Afraid to Shoot Strangers
-The Trooper
-The Number of the Beast
-Phantom of the Opera
-Run to the Hills
-Wasted Years
-Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
-The Clairvoyant
-Fear of the Dark
-Iron Maiden

Encore:

-Aces High
-The Evil That Men Do
-Running Free

And of course:
-Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

swak
07-26-2012, 01:49 PM
BAhhhhhh... My eyes

*Didnt read*

Am going tonight, so stoked!!!
I've seen them twice already, and have been more than impressed each time.

Stoked!!!!

rage2
07-26-2012, 02:12 PM
haha I'm going! See you fuckers there! Beers on me if you can find me! I'll be the only asian there, can't be hard to spot! :rofl:

I hope Eddie is making an appearance again.

Penis McNickels
07-26-2012, 02:32 PM
I'll be in attendance, but no beers for me before or during the show. I always see Iron Maiden dry ever since the one time I saw them in 2000 in Vancouver and passed out 2 songs into the set...

I was sad.

AudiPWR
07-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Anybody know if tix are still available? I've been wanting to see an IM concert since I was like 12..

Fav song is the wicker man.

Mibz
07-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by AudiPWR
Fav song is the wicker man. They opened with that at one of the shows I went to and I was so happy they did.

Penis McNickels
07-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
They opened with that at one of the shows I went to and I was so happy they did.

Probably on the 2000 tour when they were promoting Brave New World. I remember that because I passed out shortly after that song...

And there were topless ladies dancing to The Number of the Beast... or some I am told, I was out cold.

Mibz
07-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Haha, I only saw them in '07 and '10 :P

Vagabond142
07-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Unfortunately, I was only able to buy in on the second round of tickets, so I will be up in section 214, ~100 meters away from the stage. On the bright side, it will give me a good place to take a couple of cell phone shots of the whole concert :D

Vagabond142
07-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by AudiPWR
Anybody know if tix are still available? I've been wanting to see an IM concert since I was like 12..

Fav song is the wicker man.

AFAIK, the second tier balcony (the one between the lower seats and the nosebleeds) still has lots available (I'm in section 214 :3 ). If you're willing to shell out, I think they might have some general floor admission tickets. I am NOT SURE, however, so don't quote me on that.

Best bet is to check ticketmaster and find the closest retail location to you, bomb STRAIGHT there, get tix, and then get to the Saddledome. Not sure when doors are, but since the concert is slated for 7, I would expect doors at 6 to let people peruse the merch tables.

Vagabond142
07-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Oh, and since we're talking about favorite songs....

Swak, avert eyes here...

I really hope Bruce is up to doing the high pitched wail in Number of the Beast... and for fucking sure I will be singing along to Fear of the Dark :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I wonder if Bruce will conduct the audience singing along with the opening guitar like in Flight 666

Penis McNickels
07-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

AFAIK, the second tier balcony (the one between the lower seats and the nosebleeds) still has lots available (I'm in section 214 :3 ). If you're willing to shell out, I think they might have some general floor admission tickets. I am NOT SURE, however, so don't quote me on that.

Best bet is to check ticketmaster and find the closest retail location to you, bomb STRAIGHT there, get tix, and then get to the Saddledome. Not sure when doors are, but since the concert is slated for 7, I would expect doors at 6 to let people peruse the merch tables.

You think I can upgrade my seat to floor? I'm on hold with Ticketmaster right now.

rage2
07-26-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm in 121, right by the stage. And no I wont buy you beers if you hunt me down at my seats, that's cheating! :rofl:

Should be epic!

Penis McNickels
07-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Upgraded to the floor for 10.50$ more!

Werd

Vagabond142
07-26-2012, 04:38 PM
I suspect a lot of people will "upgrade" to floor :P

ill be happy up high, will give me room to flail about wildly XD

Penis McNickels
07-26-2012, 04:48 PM
I suspect a lot of people will "upgrade" to floor :P

ill be happy up high, will give me room to flail about wildly XD

At the '08 tour I pushed myself up to the barrier and I don't think I can go back to sitting in the seats. I am willing to grind it out with the unwashed masses.

Benny
07-26-2012, 06:13 PM
I'll be there. Free tickets from a friend who works in radio so they might be decent seats. I'm gonna take those savings and get wasted. Looks like a great setlist.

Vagabond142
07-26-2012, 06:23 PM
penis: I never said anything about SITTING ;D

Darkane
07-26-2012, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Penis McNickels

At the '08 tour I pushed myself up to the barrier and I don't think I can go back to sitting in the seats. I am willing to grind it out with the unwashed masses.

1) I hate, HATE all you assholes for being able to go;

2) I was front row and caught Steve Harris' sweaty wristband in '08. I treasure it.

Benny
07-26-2012, 09:58 PM
Cutting off beer sales as soon as iron maiden starts. GAYYYYYYYYY

firebane
07-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Show was fan"fucking"tastic.

Just got home ears are ringing like a fucker due to mostly Bruces damn vocal range and those highs he hits.

Stage setup and props was very well done.

Temperature in the area by the end was almost unbearable.

Awesome show!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-26-2012, 11:34 PM
So sick! Had balcony seats at the perfect angle to the stage, first row too!

swak
07-26-2012, 11:38 PM
bahahaha.... Nice edit vagabond :poosie:

Show was soooo damn sick though!
3rd Maiden show, never let me down!!

Penis McNickels
07-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

1) I hate, HATE all you assholes for being able to go;

2) I was front row and caught Steve Harris' sweaty wristband in '08. I treasure it.

Made it all the way to the front again.

Dave, Adrian, Steve and Bruce all gave me the bedroom eyes. I stayed away from Prancin' Janick.

I didn't catch anything thrown out at the crowd. But I think I may have caught clamydia from a sweaty neckbeard... no wait those guys don't have sex. It's probably eczema.

I also saw two asian dudes sipping bubble tea, they probably thought they were at a Edison Chan concert.

Vagabond142
07-26-2012, 11:42 PM
That was nigh on a religious experience. I can't hear shit, probably due to the wails that Bruce belted out during the songs. when Eddie came up during 7th Son, the entire place lost its shit. My first Maiden show, and damn they made it a great one.

ArjayAquino
07-27-2012, 09:16 AM
god damn it, i wish I could have gone! I'm a big fan of Coheed too so that would have made it better.

Vagabond142
07-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by ArjayAquino
god damn it, i wish I could have gone! I'm a big fan of Coheed too so that would have made it better.

I have to say, at the start of the opener, I wasn't really feeling it. But Coheed and Cambria apparently had a plan, and kept getting more and more into the heavy/power stuff as their miniset went on, culminating in a 6 minute long closer that pumped the fuck up out of everyone. The lead singer/guitarist went mental too, doing over-the-head shredding, plucking with his teeth, etc. Was a good opener :thumbsup:

As to Maiden themselves, I can't really pick out a favorite part. Number of the Beast was excellent. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son had the entire arena chanting with Bruce (seeing it from up on high was epic... just a sea of upped irons :D). Aces High during the encore had half my section losing its shit, everyone was head banging and bouncing around.

We even had a mini-mosh up in the passageway between 214 and 215, a group of about 6 people going wild for half the concert, and the usher was awesome enough to just let it go, only stepping in if someone needed to get past.

I think my favorite part of the night, however, was Fear of the Dark. Not only is it one of my alltime favorite Maiden songs, Bruce did the classic "Fear oofff the darkkk.. <City name here in evil voice>... Crowd: FEAR OFFFFF THE DAAAARKK... Bruce: Muaaaahahahahahaha" XD Then, when the riff started right after, I swear that I saw every head in the arena, probably 8000 people, bang as one. Those are the moments that make it fucking metal, people.

Sorry to wax poetic about it, but it was my first live Maiden concert and it exceeded my expectations. That blew Amon Amarth and Nightwish (the other two metal concerts I've been to in Calgary) right out of the water.

rage2
07-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Coheed needs to work the crowd better. They have the talent, their music and skills are top notch, but man, they didn't interact with the crowd whatsoever. There was 1 thank you to the crowd in the middle of the set, and that's it.

By the end when they had a huge crowd, they closed with the Rock Band special Welcome Home that everyone seems to know, but they ended the song playing the ending only 1 time when the crowd started chanting the notes. Even the rock band version plays thru that a solid 8 or 10 times, with some soloing and riffing while the crowd sings along. Crowd would've gone a lot crazier. Was surprised at how they ended it so abruptly.

That was nigh on a religious experience. I can't hear shit, probably due to the wails that Bruce belted out during the songs. when Eddie came up during 7th Son, the entire place lost its shit. My first Maiden show, and damn they made it a great one.
Too bad you missed out on the Somewhere Back in Time concert in 08. That show was epic!

JRSC00LUDE
07-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Too bad you missed out on the Somewhere Back in Time concert in 08. That show was epic!

I went to that one, or so I was told the next day.....

Vagabond142
07-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by rage2

:cry: :cry: I remember learning about that show day-of. I went to find tix, and it was completely sold out. I was unable to go to the 2010 show too, due to medical issues. This is the first Maiden show that fate has not conspired against me to fuck up my life :P

powerslave
07-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Damn what a great show, we had floor tickets and were pretty close to the stage! That was my fourth time seeing Maiden and it was amazing. My voice and my hearing are gone for the next few days

The setlist was perfect, included stuff I've never heard live before. :thumbsup:

Vagabond142
07-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Found a picture on another site of Eddie on stage

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/557522_10151124906878115_963634002_n.jpg

And this is just plain awesome

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/314001_10151124906483115_1655683451_n.jpg

Seventh Son Bhudda-Eddie:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/524064_10151124907333115_1050863297_n.jpg

Vagabond142
07-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by powerslave
My voice and my hearing are gone for the next few days

WHAT??? (wiggles pinky in ear) WHAAAAAT? (does sign language)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm with you on this one. I was screaming my fucking nuts off up in my section, so my voice is half-gone already today and I can't hear out of my left ear very well. Of course, my job is as a first point of contact for IT service for clients.... yay -_- One of my techs even asked if I was sick, to which I answered, I replied "no, just Maidenized." He didn't understand :banghead: My neck and shoulders are also starting to lock up, which is awesome :D Means I had a good time :D