PDA

View Full Version : Crazy drunk driver in citadel almost killed me and others

georgemagana
07-26-2012, 03:54 PM
So there was a crazy accident at the 3-way stop in Citadel coming from Nosehill Drive!! I'm still in panic mode but super glad everyone was ok!!

So here it goes! to make the story super short, I was driving on the main road on citadel on my way to crowfoot and the gf was driving behind me on her cobalt and for some reason she started doing 35-40km/h on the road which is a 50km/h zone. So I started to slow down to wait for her since our side of the road was completely empty!

Then I got to the 3-way stop on the main entrance in Citadel and waited 2 extra seconds so my gf could catch up. Then when I checked for cars I noticed this Saturn on the wrong side of te road coming into Citadel. The car hit the sidewalk, a bus stop, a mail box and a tree and kept going north still on the wrong side of the road! I was at the stop sign about to turn left and when I saw him still going forward I started reversing and this asshole kept going into the park and hit a fence and stopped!!

I immediately called 911. My gf parked and came to my car so I gave the phone to her and I went to the car to help the driver! I got there and there were already 5 people there that were on the park and to my surprise, the driver was drunk out of his mind! He was ok with no injuries as well! Then a few other people got there and told me how he was on the wrong side of the road for a while on Nosehill Drive.. crazy shit and drinking and driving again!!

Glad everyone was ok. So everyone drive safe out there!!

clem24
07-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Ouch... My brain hurts from reading that.

JRSC00LUDE
07-26-2012, 04:00 PM
This is a paragraph is almost Beyond comprehension.

So I wrote it a matching sentence.

Disoblige
07-26-2012, 04:04 PM
First person on scene should have punched him in the face and make it look like it happened from the crash.

Free punches!

FullFledgedYYC
07-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Wow.....

:english: :english: :english: :english: :english:

Take those extra 30 seconds to re-read what you are about to post.... please!

georgemagana
07-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Sorry it just happened and I was on my iPhone... Of course beyonders care about grammar over how almost 5 people almost got ran over.

dansmith11
07-26-2012, 04:14 PM
the part of the story i didn't understand is how you watched a car driving on the wrong side of the road hop a curb, take out a mailbox, and smash into a fence, and then you were surprised to find the driver was drunk.

Feruk
07-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by georgemagana
for some reason she started doing 35-40km/h on the road which is a 50km/h zone
Yowza, sounds like she was slowing you down! You allow this nonsense?

georgemagana
07-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by dansmith11
the part of the story i didn't understand is how you watched a car driving on the wrong side of the road hop a curb, take out a mailbox, and smash into a fence, and then you were surprised to find the driver was drunk.

It was all way to fast like all that happened in about 4-5 seconds max and for some dumb reason the thought that he couldn't stop the car came to my mind first :dunno:

***First post edited. Yes, my grammar was horrible :facepalm:

Kg810
07-26-2012, 04:20 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disoblige
07-26-2012, 04:26 PM

***First post edited. Yes, my grammar was horrible and im on my iphone :facepalm:
You must be on your iPhone every time you post on Beyond then. :rofl:

I kid.

dansmith11
07-26-2012, 04:27 PM

It was all way to fast like all that happened in about 4-5 seconds max and for some dumb reason the thought that he couldn't stop the car came to my mind first :dunno:

***First post edited. Yes, my grammar was horrible :facepalm:

lol i was just bustin' your chops dude. thats pretty crazy.

did your GF see the guy in advance and thats why she was slowing down?

georgemagana
07-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by dansmith11

lol i was just bustin' your chops dude. thats pretty crazy.

did your GF see the guy in advance and thats why she was slowing down?

Haha all good! No she didn't. She was about 300ft behind me. She said she had a bad feeling and thats why she was driving under the speed limit. If it wasn't for her doing that, I'm sure that guy would of hit me..

speedog
07-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC
Wow.....

:english: :english: :english: :english: :english:

Take those extra 30 seconds to re-read what you are about to post.... please! Nice first post on Beyond - how to win friends and influence people, eh.

Boat
07-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Do you drive a smart car? If not, I don't see how you would have died in that situation

Redlined_8000
07-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Boat
Do you drive a smart car? If not, I don't see how you would have died in that situation

OP turns into drunk drivers lane not seeing him. Head on collision. Drunk driver could have easily been speeding.

psycoticclown
07-26-2012, 05:03 PM

Head on collision with both cars at 50kmph... pretty sure that would kill most people :dunno:

georgemagana
07-26-2012, 05:06 PM

You are brilliant... After hitting all that, somehow he was still doing 30-40km/h

Amysicle
07-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
First person on scene should have punched him in the face and make it look like it happened from the crash.

Free punches! +1

OP, did you guys make sure the drunk driver stayed at the scene until police arrived?

georgemagana
07-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Amysicle
+1

OP, did you guys make sure the drunk driver stayed at the scene until police arrived?

Yea, the driver did not get out of the car and like 5 other people and me stayed there. Cops arrived in like 3 minutes, I was really pressed.

JRSC00LUDE
07-26-2012, 05:34 PM

Yea, the driver did not get out of the car and like 5 other people and me stayed there. Cops arrived in like 3 minutes, I was really pressed.

For time? Or, IMpressed?! :angel:

georgemagana
07-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Haha I give up using my phone :( lol

Heru-Farukon
07-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

:rofl: :rofl:

revelations
07-26-2012, 06:50 PM
What "impressed" me more is the lack of PHOTOS in this thread.

Iphone? Camera anyone? :confused:

Canucks3322
07-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Amysicle
+1

Fuck this would make me so mad too....fuck the driver its a real shame theyre never the ones that die either....how much you wanna bet this piece if shit will be out driving drunk again in a couple weeks?

georgemagana
07-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Pics later tonight