PDA

View Full Version : Critique my golf swing beyond.

swak
07-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Been practicing my golf swing for a long time, and as a lefty i keep smoking the ball left field (soo annoying!).
I know this means im hitting it from outside in - giving the ball a spin going left, but any tips on how to fix this from the video?

Keep in mind, the tee on the mat i'm practicing on is much too high for me (thus, im slicing a few balls)... couldn't get a smaller tee as you can imagine.

fMKfMcg2qTE&feature=channel&list=UL

Kijho
07-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Can't really see footwork / armwork / posture / hands etc. :dunno: :dunno:

max_boost
07-27-2012, 12:47 AM
Not bad. It looks better than this. haha

s50K65PNeBU

trieuth
07-27-2012, 02:07 AM
Agree with kijho. I get the tee is too high for you, but address the ball with the club where you want it to hit. On the first one you're way under it.

jsn
07-27-2012, 06:45 AM
Can't really critique what you can't see.

dirtsniffer
07-27-2012, 07:35 AM
ya, you totally hit the ball. nice :D

FullFledgedYYC
07-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Definitely need a better view of YOU. The golf swing completely begins with your stance. If you don't have a decent stance, nothing else really matters.

~Leah~
07-27-2012, 01:36 PM
What everyone else said. Hitting the ball is the least of your worries, it's the overall swing we would need to see.

Chandler_Racing
07-27-2012, 01:58 PM
The angle make it impossible to critique the swing.

The only thing I noticed was the position you addressed the ball seems way off.

It was almost as if you were addressing the ball on the inside heal of the club?

swak
07-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Not bad. It looks better than this. haha

s50K65PNeBU

BAHAHAHA.... Thanks for that :rofl: :rofl:

I'll get a better shot tonight if i can make it out.
My dad's pretty much my golf coach - but still hooking left as a lefty is a huge annoyance!! :banghead:
So, looking for another set of eyes.

jaylo
07-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Looks like you are opening the club face on the down swing

You may be gripping the club too hard. Think of it as if you are holding a bird, not too tight, not too loose

Also, try to put your weight at the ball of your feet

Try to perform a clean, wider sweep, your right arm as straight as possible on the upswing and bend a little at the top of your swing.

Accelerate on the down swing smoothly, (don't be flash gordon on the downswing)

Hit through the ball!

JustGo
07-28-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm no pro, but from one lefty to another, looks like you're standing too close to the ball, and subconsciously going outside->in to compensate.

Try moving back 1/2 a step, addressing the ball a bit closer to the toe of the club, then you won't have your mind telling you that you need to keep the club closer to you, resulting in that outside->in motion.

I had a terrible slice, but since I started backing up a bit, it seems to have straightened out a bit. Still hit the odd one, but it's not every time like before.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Oh, and the other thing, I can't really tell from the video, but I was having an issue with this: Try not to turn your hips too soon on your fore swing. Try to keep your hips going forward as long as possible without twisting. I found I was turning my hips too soon, also causing a bad swing pattern. I can't tell if you're doing that, but something to think about.

CanmoreOrLess
07-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Take a one on one lesson. In an hour your game will improve greatly, shave months off trial and error. All the pros have a coach for a reason.