PDA

View Full Version : Car alarm sticker

RNB11
07-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Hey guys, just looking for a car alarm sticker, mainly a small compustar sticker or anything will do. If you know where I get one or if someone has a spare one I appreciate it.

Will give a few bucks for it!
Thanks

G-ZUS
07-27-2012, 03:38 PM
You try eBay?

HHURICANE1
07-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Try The Source, they used to have generic ones.

J-hop
07-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by HHURICANE1
Try The Source, they used to have generic ones.

right beside the "all valuables removed from vehicle" signs. I don't know OP if your intention is to deter would be thiefs I don't think that will have much effect.

s2k_boi
07-27-2012, 05:46 PM
I might have one or two kicking around. I will check when I'm home tonight.

Resurrected RA
07-28-2012, 03:47 AM
I have a couple CompuStar stickers.

dj_rice
07-28-2012, 09:47 AM
You might get better results hitting up the install bays at Visions/Bestbuy/Futureshop etc and asking the alarm installer guys if they can hook one or 2 up. They usually just throw them away

Kijho
07-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Lol, what's the point in putting an alarm sticker on your car to "deter" thieves when you can have absolute peace of mind by investing the $500 in buying a REAL alarm setup. :dunno:

thetransporter
07-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Kijho
Lol, what's the point in putting an alarm sticker on your car to "deter" thieves when you can have absolute peace of mind by investing the $500 in buying a REAL alarm setup. :dunno:

i invested that much into a compustar... they didnt even connect to door ajar sensors..

the factory one - seemed more advanced.

Kijho
07-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by thetransporter

i invested that much into a compustar... they didnt even connect to door ajar sensors..

the factory one - seemed more advanced.

So you have a compustar alarm, that didn't come with stickers?

But the alarm is hooked up, it just doesn't have door open/closed censors? What's the whole point in that alarm then, does it at least have shock / tilt censor etc. ?

I'm assuming you didn't get it done professionally then, because anybody in their right mind would bring their car back to X vendor and say I purchased a $300 Compustar and you didn't even hook up the main component to it.... the doors?

Or, if you did it yourself, shoulda did a bit more reading.

I paid a wicked price from a buddy I know who works at a vendor, got me Viper 5901, 2x LCD fobs, keyless entry (95 JDM RHD had to do some crafty work.) remote start on 10 minute timer, turbo timer built in, garage door opener, defogs, temp censor, shock censor, tilt censor, all 4 door censor.
Only thing I didn't get was a proximity censor, which just beeps continuously whenever a person is within a couple feet of your car. (Figured it would be going on 24/7 where I work in the parking lot)

But seriously dude, you can find stickers at any futureshop/ best buy's audio garage, just walk in hand a guy a $10, or even find them on the web, go to Staples $10 for a pack of sticker paper and print some out and do whatever you like with them :poosie:

But in all big seriousness, if your alarm isn't properly setup, spend the money on actually getting it done right instead of hoping and praying a sticker will warm people off. It's funny, the people WITH big alarms do not put the stickers on their windows -- the people without alarms are the ones with stickers.

If I have that knowledge, imagine the social engineering knowledge a person who goes out stealing cars knows.

Invest my friend invest!!!
:clap:

RNB11
07-29-2012, 12:18 PM
I have stock alarm, and I believe it's a hassle to bypass the stock alarm on a Volkswagen. As soon as I took off the previous sticker I seemed to get vandalized almost instantly!

J-hop
07-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by RNB11
I have stock alarm, and I believe it's a hassle to bypass the stock alarm on a Volkswagen. As soon as I took off the previous sticker I seemed to get vandalized almost instantly!

Don't think the alarm thing is your issue, alarms won't deter vandals. The stock system is pretty good actually, and with the headunit needing a security code to activate I don't think too many thieves target VWs.

The red flashing light beside your door lock pin shows the world that the system is armed much better than any sticker that is unreadable at night or from a distance. Unless you want a sticker that covers your whole back window you really aren't going to make it anymore apparent that you have an alarm system.

Maybe look into surveillance or parking your car somewhere else??

Mar
07-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by RNB11
You're not bypassing anything, you wire it in the same if there's a stock alarm or not.

Sugarphreak
07-29-2012, 06:17 PM

Swank
07-29-2012, 09:35 PM
I avoid using the sticker, just tells a thief for which system they need the schematics. I don't rely on the siren for much, but the 2 way remote has gotten me out of bed a couple of times. I turn on every light and activate panic mode on my house alarm on the way to the window so they can see me with a machete, a hand gun, a ski mask, and a lust for blood. Cat usually hops off my hood pretty quick after that, probably just finished it's nap :zzz:

My alarm satisfies my level of comfort, that's all I want.

RNB11
08-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Just picked up a couple stickers off s2k_boi! Thanks guys. :thumbsup: