PDA

View Full Version : FS: Shuttle SN41G2 system

li Arc
07-29-2012, 11:58 AM
I have a Shuttle SN41G2 system that I would like to part with.

- Athlon XP 2500+ Barton CPU
- 512MB Kingston PC3200 400MHz DDR RAM
- 200GB Samsung Spinpoint hard drive
- ATI Radeon X800 All-in-Wonder AGP card
- Pioneer DVD Drive
- 240W Shuttle PSU

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-wo1Y8CXzY68/UBRxhskyJqI/AAAAAAAABAM/Y_U2wrGDEpk/s640/1343515975631.jpg

A couple notes:

- the original PSU was a noisy 200W unit that was replaced with this 240W unit; Shuttle power supplies are notoriously efficient and have equivalent performance to higher rated units
- the 65mm fan on the vid card is very noisy upon startup, and only slightly noisy during regular operation: you can find replacements on eBay if you'd like
- the BIOS backup coin cell may be dead, so it might take some fidgeting with the RAM (or something else that will affect BIOS) upon first power on to get it to POST. But if you keep it plugged in after it'll be fine. I can show you what I mean.
- I might not have the breakout cable for the AIW
- power LED isn't working

I know this is an old system that's not good for gaming but it still works well file serving or browsing/office docs and streaming/video playback, and it's in fantastic shape, and the G2 is the best looking Shuttle case in history with its 5mm thick aluminum plate at the front. Just the case, power supply, and cooler alone are worth a bunch since many Shuttle motherboards are interchangeable between cases. But its got some sentimental value, so I'd rather have it go to someone who can use it as is. Up until a year ago, I was still using it as a file server. The price reflects its condition as well as its usefulness.

$100

li Arc