PDA

View Full Version : disneyland in sept anahiem advice

95EG6P
07-31-2012, 08:00 AM
So the fiancee and i are going to disneyland in sept in anahiem, we are renting a car so we can drive to other places as well.So does any one have any good palces to eat or cheap shopping like the vagas outlet. Also just wondering if driving in the states are aas bad as what people saying. so any tips are very appreciate:)

DENZILDON
07-31-2012, 08:33 AM
If your not much in to Brand name stuff I found out that Ross has some of the cheapest clothes. Just need to go through the clearance items and you'll find some good cheap stuffs.

95EG6P
07-31-2012, 09:03 AM
ok thanks where is ross located in and did you go to any resturants :thumbsup:

benyl
07-31-2012, 09:04 AM
The closest place that is like the Vegas outlet is just outside of Palm Springs. It is about 90 minutes from Anacrime.

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=6

taemo
07-31-2012, 09:07 AM
good resto that we enjoyed eating are
Midori Sushi in Studio City
Enterprise Fish Co in Santa Monica
surprisingly there was a good all-you-can eat place in Disneyland, the western/country section with unlimited ribs, sausages, corn bread.

you can check this thread too
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/327646/a-californians-guide-to-southern-california/

About driving, I never had any issues it's no different than any metro cities I've been to
Never experienced the so dreaded LA traffic but definitely you will notice more traffic during rush hour, no different than Calgary.

95EG6P
07-31-2012, 09:36 AM
thanks guys for all the tips:clap:

403Gemini
07-31-2012, 12:32 PM
Look up "Block of Orange" , some decent outlets, I usually go there every trip I go down.
http://www.ocstandard.com/The_Block_at_Orange_shop_OC.html

As taemo said, go to Frontierland in disnleyland and look for the bad country music (if you can bear that... which you should being from Calgary ;) ) you can get all you can eat ribs/bbq'd chicken, bread, etc for quite cheap. I ate so much last year I got the meat sweats and didn't sleep well that night :rofl:

FullFledgedYYC
07-31-2012, 01:02 PM
For going to Disneyland and California Adventure, I highly recommend checking out touringplans.com

They offer touring plans that can minimze the amount of time you spend waiting in line. This is not just some wild guess crap... they actually scientifically research what the best way to tour the parks is.

They also have a crowd calendar which will tell you which days are the best to go to each park.

I believe it's $8.95. Wellllllll worth it. It can save you up to 4 hours in line per day!

DENZILDON
07-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Ross has branches all over the US. Just go to the website.

95EG6P
07-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC
For going to Disneyland and California Adventure, I highly recommend checking out touringplans.com

They offer touring plans that can minimze the amount of time you spend waiting in line. This is not just some wild guess crap... they actually scientifically research what the best way to tour the parks is.

They also have a crowd calendar which will tell you which days are the best to go to each park.

I believe it's $8.95. Wellllllll worth it. It can save you up to 4 hours in line per day!

Did u use and it and it worked for the wait line were cut in half

RickDaTuner
07-31-2012, 07:30 PM
Do not get a hotel in Anaheim!!! Despite the fact that Disney land is located there the area is super ghetto. If you don't mind the drive, the get a hotel
In either downtown LA or Hollywood.
Pricelines 4 star hotels are decently price and have great locations. I stayed at lowes of Hollywood a month ago and could not have been happier, it was located just behind the Kodak theater in Hollywood.

Do not rent from fox-rentacar they are absolutely the worst car rental company I have ever delt with.

Try and get reservations at the Greek theater for an awesome experience. Also Hells Kitchen is available to eat at, but you need to book on their website. Write into all the late night tv shows and try and get tickets, they are all free to attend, if you get tickets that is.

The redondo beach pier has the OC dinner if you girl is was into that show. It's blue collar food, but still tasty and a fun quirky experience.

Don't miss out on the pacific play land at the santa monica pier. It's the place with carnival rides over the ocean on a pier, also make sure to get some pictures taken with the pirate and parrots at the top of the pier.

If you've never been to disneyland then I suggest dinner at the restaurant located inside the pirates of the carribean ride. Make reservations early and bring the wallet! $60-$80 per person sans the spirits.

Lastly shopping and dinner or lunch at the grove and farmers market is also a good time, lots of celebrities frequent that place if your into that sort of thing. These are all retail stores though, so bring your wallet.

Hope you have a great time. LA and area is my second home :-)

FullFledgedYYC
08-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by 95EG6P

Did u use and it and it worked for the wait line were cut in half

I don't know about being cut in half... but guaranteed it will save you time. Trust me, for 8 dollars, it is WELL worth it.

The restaurant RickDaTuner is referring to, inside Pirates of the Carribean, is Blue Bayou. I have never eaten there, but everyone says it is very good.

dino_martini
08-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC

I don't know about being cut in half... but guaranteed it will save you time. Trust me, for 8 dollars, it is WELL worth it.

The restaurant RickDaTuner is referring to, inside Pirates of the Carribean, is Blue Bayou. I have never eaten there, but everyone says it is very good.

I definitely recommend reservations for blue bayou. Especially if you want to sit along the waters edge. It's good food, lunch is slightly cheaper. I also recommend Flo's V8 Cafe in California Adventure. No reservations needed for Flo's. They have very good breakfast and lunch/dinner. My gf and I did both, I'd recommendd dinner because then you get to see carsland all neon'd up at night.

Originally posted by RickDaTuner
If you've never been to disneyland then I suggest dinner at the restaurant located inside the pirates of the carribean ride. Make reservations early and bring the wallet! $60-$80 per person sans the spirits.

There is no booze in Disneyland. You can get adult beverages in California Adventure though.

We like the Fairfield Inn, it's pretty much as close to Disney as you can get without staying on the resort.

Don't line up for fast pass for radiator springs racers. Just go early in the morning and get in the ride line right away. My gf and I waited 45 mins for a RSR fast pass, and the return time wAs 5:50-6:50pm.

Have fun!

78si
08-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Check out Honda's ASIMO at Disney.
http://asimo.honda.com/disneyland/