PDA

View Full Version : New Go Kart Track In Calgary Opening

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Squishy
01-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by pockett

:werd: I hated that girl who kept bumping into me and pinning me against the wall. :whipped:

We will just have to go more often to be apart of the top 5 don haha. :burnout:

Some brown guy kept bumping me and he pushed me into the wall too, I wasn't impressed because he basically ruined my whole race.

He was wearing shorts too, the only thing I could look at the whole time were his hairy legs. lol

lamp_shade_2000
01-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Stupid amount of fun. I've been through 3 races now.. best time is 21.706 can't wait for pro speed. might have to get some beyond stickers for my helmet incase there's other beyonders racing.

pockett
01-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Squishy

Some brown guy kept bumping me and he pushed me into the wall too, I wasn't impressed because he basically ruined my whole race.

He was wearing shorts too, the only thing I could look at the whole time were his hairy legs. lol

Sounds like we had just about the same experience.. :guns: gotta go during the weekdays where it isn't as busy. I definitely want that pro speed function as well :drool:

Originally posted by lamp_shade_2000
might have to get some beyond stickers for my helmet incase there's other beyonders racing.

:werd: +1

C_Dave45
01-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Cody D
I went today for my second time, I'm now in the Pro speed carts.

My fastest time for Race speed is 21.565 (5th place as of my sheet) and my fastest for Pro speed is 20.964 (I've only done one race at Pro speed which was my test race).

My race name is "Viper - Lotus Eater", just to bug my buddies with their Lotuses.

Do the Pro speed carts race in the same heat as everyone else? It would be cool to start grouping them. Pro's together for one race and level 1(?) for another.
I'm thinking of heading there this afternoon/evening.

flipstah
01-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by lamp_shade_2000
Stupid amount of fun. I've been through 3 races now.. best time is 21.706 can't wait for pro speed. might have to get some beyond stickers for my helmet incase there's other beyonders racing.

I'm buying a helmet on the weekend and will be doing that! I have a spare one that I saved for a rainy day.

RNB11
01-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

Do the Pro speed carts race in the same heat as everyone else? It would be cool to start grouping them. Pro's together for one race and level 1(?) for another.
I'm thinking of heading there this afternoon/evening.

They all race separately. Beginners will race with beginners, race speed with race speed, and Pro speed with Pro speed. Pro's can also do a race on their own!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Just went for the first time, it's awesome! Got in trouble for going three wide with my buddy coming onto the main straight trying to get around some old lady.

C_Dave45
01-26-2013, 06:59 PM
In my kart.....ready to race!!.....

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-26-2013, 07:01 PM
In my kart.....ready to race!!.....

Musta just missed you as I was heading out!

Kramerica
01-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Went for the first time today. Had a blast but I definitely need to figure out my braking points, I know I'm losing alot of times through those hairpins.

C_Dave45
01-26-2013, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

Musta just missed you as I was heading out!
Haha...I keep looking around to see if there are any beyonders recognizing the fat, old Canucks fan!! I'm going for round two right now. The oldest might try for all 5 races tonight!!

Shitty lap time...got stuck behind a horde of slowpokes. 22.7. Hopefully a smaller field this next race.

This place could be very addictive!!!

fayzed
01-26-2013, 08:49 PM
i just got back, first time, it was fun although i found it a bit disorganized, although 1 week in i'm sure there are kinks to work out.

I did see a white beyond.ca helmet, with a go pro camera on it, would love to see the video.

RNB11
01-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Met quite a few beyonders today, good to see some regulars! fourplusonejay.. Seen him every shift i've worked. Damn you guys are ballin' $$$ :thumbsup:

pockett
01-27-2013, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by RNB11
If any beyonders drop by come say hi! I'm working the pit crew and probably the only Asian there to set me apart :)

Haha I met you yesterday and you did not let me win like you said I would. It was my birthday! :nut: :rofl:

kenny
01-27-2013, 01:59 AM
Tried it out for first time today (I was the one with white helmet + gopro), and was more fun than I expected it to be. It was far too crowded on the track though, especially with the strict rules enforcement. It was pretty much impossible to not bump some people when karts are all grouped together.

It's nice they ask people to let others pass if they are holding up traffic but I think they do it too much. I was having some fun chasing down someone today when he was asked to let me pass. 1 lap later, I get a warning for making the pass (I think it was directed at me), then immediately after that I am asked to let the same guy pass me again. Why? We were obviously closely matched.

I think my best lap time was 22.3.

Forsale
01-27-2013, 02:12 AM
went earlier today...gotta say i am getting faster lol race speed 21.858 then i went for my pro speed 20.725 kinda enjoying it more now lol

cycosis
01-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Managed a 22.5 something. Hah my poor girlfriend needed the booster seat and pedal extenders. At least she could race :)

Mibz
01-27-2013, 10:57 AM
HEY BUH_BUH!
HOW FAST DID YOU GO YESTERDAY?!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Looks like bart did a 21.531 as of yesterday when I was there. Not sure what names all you beyonders are using?

C_Dave45
01-27-2013, 11:15 AM
I can't wait to do a group race. Your own group on the track...3 races for $69 sounds good.
My second race I dropped 7/10's of a second. So much fun!!
I can't believe it's taken someone this long to get something like this going in Calgary. Sure hope the owners are making good money on it!
They need something to occupy your time between races. Air hockey, pooltable, more seats, coffee. Man, even a little cafe of some sorts. I could spend the whole day there then.

I like those two little pugs behind the counter.

flipstah
01-27-2013, 12:33 PM
Its a great alternative to speeding tickets.

I had a quick chat with the owner and arcade is in the works to pass the time while waiting.

I think I'll change my name. They're not pronouncing CPTNSLW properly.

Squishy
01-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by cycosis
Managed a 22.5 something. Hah my poor girlfriend needed the booster seat and pedal extenders. At least she could race :)
Ha! I raced once and no one asked me if I needed anything and the second time the lady manager asked if I needed it. I kinda facepalmed. I'm 5'3", I'm surprised I didn't need pedal extenders to be completely honest with you.

My best time was 22.302. It was the first time I've ever used a go kart before.

danno
01-27-2013, 03:23 PM
I went today probably 50 people there today while I was there. Put up a 21.9 in my first 3 races. Gotta drop a few pounds to get my times down.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-27-2013, 05:34 PM
22.011 my first race today, I need to get better!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-27-2013, 06:09 PM
21.767 best I could do today, saw a couple other beyonders there today!

My_name_is_Rob
01-27-2013, 09:54 PM
I was there today and geez! i must run a terrible line or something. my lap times were awful. how many racers are usually on the tracks when you guys are running these low times? We had 9 racers in all on the track, and it seemed like i was always stuck behind somebody. Maybe I have to drive more aggressively?

I got more excuses too, but im sure you guys dont want to hear them... :rofl:

jwslam
01-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
I think I'll change my name. They're not pronouncing CPTNSLW properly.
Dude I told you so! "no vowels"....
Being the guy who has to interpret names is just as bad as being the dean at a 600 people graduation.

Sure hope the owners are making good money on it!
They need something to occupy your time between races. Air hockey, pooltable, more seats, coffee. Man, even a little cafe of some sorts. I could spend the whole day there then.
They said it's in the works.

danno
01-27-2013, 11:11 PM
The guy ranked number 1 looked like he was settling in for a full day of racing. Haha. I did my 3 and left. They have it set up so you are in and out pretty fast. Ill go again during a weeknight and see what that's like.

Cody D
01-27-2013, 11:42 PM
20.4 on Pro speed, I had a great night. It was great meeting some of you tonight.

EM1FTW
01-28-2013, 12:03 AM
Went for the first time today! Got in 5 races and got my times down to a 21.735

Not bad for 225 pounds and constantly bouncing my knuckles off my knees. Why dont go carts have seats that move back!

kenny
01-29-2013, 02:07 AM
Heres the video from my first day out. I'm all over the track trying out different things, hopefully I can improve next time I'm out there.

E30S67fg8fg

Guy right behind me was already on pro speed (racing with us newbs at race speed) and is a regular as you can hear at the start of the video "you again?!". He ends up bumping into me and forcing his way by as we come up to the front straight because I'm too slow haha.

mboldt
01-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Anyone going tonight?

fayzed
01-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Thanks Kenny for posting, that's awesome.

flipstah
01-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Went to get another crack at it tonight.

The best I got out of three races was 21.630 and it feels like that's the best I can get in normal speed.

Mad props to people that can get 21sec. flat because the laps I did felt great and looked clean.

:thumbsup:

danno
01-30-2013, 10:49 PM
They told us they don't mix pro and race speed in the same race. Not sure if that's true but it came from the workers.

cjblair
01-31-2013, 12:02 AM
^It's true they don't.

Went for the second time today. They changed the track a bit and it was a little slower. My best time on saturday was a 21.4XX and tonight was a 21.7XX

Half way to pro speed, can't wait :burnout:

coop3rr
01-31-2013, 12:49 AM
went tonight and beat my personal best. got a 21.329 on race speed, and on pro speed did a 20.429

was a blast tonight, its hilarious when people get kicked off track for being morons and then get mad at the staff for it, pathetic IMO. if you're stupid enough to be bouncing off carts when the race is finished and hitting barriers, id kick you out too!

quite happy with the way the place is run, the next to zero tolerance is great, it keeps the carts in good shape.

A2VR6
01-31-2013, 02:00 AM
Super busy tonight... it was hard to find much clear track to get a clean lap in when we were in heats of 10-12 people. I managed to get a clean lap in at 21.362 by playing around with my lines a little bit.

cjblair
01-31-2013, 09:03 AM
If there's any way you can get down there a bit earlier (i.e. right after work), its awesome. I was actually able to leave work on time and got there around 5:45 - me and my buddy got in 3 races within 40min. Two of them were back to back, and none of them were a full pack. Only about 6 on the track.

mboldt
01-31-2013, 10:22 AM
Yep 5:30-6:45 is the best for sure. Super quiet and you can basically run back to back sessions.

I think I am still top 3-4 on the pro speed / 4-5 on race speed. I seem to run my fastest laps on my first session out in the day. Then I start getting sloppy and lazy the later it gets haha

We had a pretty big 4-5 car collision on pro speed yesterday on the very inner hairpin lol when you are cooking it and get spun sideways and sandwiched between a few people, leaves you sore the next day haha

Definitely a blast! I can't wait to see people start breaking into the 19 second range in pro and under 21 seconds for race... It'll happen!!

I already want a layout change. Anyone know how often they change track setups?

C_Dave45
01-31-2013, 10:27 AM
I've only done two races. How do you know when your on "Pro/Race" speed setting? Do they tell you? Do you automatically advance to Pro after 5 races? Do you choose which setting/race you want to be in?

Squishy
01-31-2013, 10:43 AM
I've only done two races. How do you know when your on "Pro/Race" speed setting? Do they tell you? Do you automatically advance to Pro after 5 races? Do you choose which setting/race you want to be in?
I think its 12 races until you can become Prospeed. You can choose if you want regular or prospeed once you're eligible for it.

Mibz
01-31-2013, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by mboldt
I already want a layout change. Anyone know how often they change track setups? Damnit man, I've only gotten two races in, give me a chance, haha!

flipstah
01-31-2013, 11:08 AM

I think its 12 races until you can become Prospeed. You can choose if you want regular or prospeed once you're eligible for it.

:thumbsup:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-31-2013, 11:14 AM
Will be there tomorrow with a bunch of guys for my buddy's birthday, im only 3 races in so far.

jibber
01-31-2013, 11:15 AM
Dammit, I've got the bug to go do this. I used to race all the time at the Indoor Grand Prix on 16th Ave by 19th St NE. Loads of fun. Anyone heading up there this weekend to get in some track time?

300zxfairlday
01-31-2013, 11:19 AM
during the day is awesome. Did back to back races on tuesday around 4pm pm and me and my friend were the only once on the track

C_Dave45
01-31-2013, 11:26 AM

Ahhh....thank you. (I see it was mentioned already, I just missed it)

Originally posted by 300zxfairlday
during the day is awesome. Did back to back races on tuesday around 4pm pm and me and my friend were the only once on the track
Verrrry interesting. I might head up there early this aft and do a couple.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-31-2013, 11:28 AM
One thing I found annoying is that multiple people can have the same name on the track or as a member.

flipstah
01-31-2013, 11:34 AM
FWP. You got bigger shit to deal with like shaving off a second on your personal best!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-31-2013, 11:38 AM
FWP. You got bigger shit to deal with like shaving off a second on your personal best!

I dont make ridiculous amounts of money so I have to limit myself to 2 races a week :D

Im only about 1/2 second off from what it sounds like right now. I managed to drop 1/2 second already from my first race and ive only done three races.

I just found it annoying that there was two The Stigs in my race last time and the other one was astupid girl wearing all pink that I had to push into the barriers to finally get past :banghead:

MGCM
01-31-2013, 12:30 PM
yay for payday, probably will drop in tonight for some laps

DannyO
01-31-2013, 12:37 PM

I just found it annoying that there was two The Stigs in my race last time and the other one was astupid girl wearing all pink that I had to push into the barriers to finally get past :banghead:

I thought that they had someone marshalling the racers so that if you were close behind someone, after a lap or so they get a blue flag to indicate they have to let you pass?

I hope there are rules for this, as a buddy and I want to start going almost everyday for lunch.

Mibz
01-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Yeah, they've got a "Move left, allow kart to pass" sign that they used liberally when we were there.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-31-2013, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by DannyO

I thought that they had someone marshalling the racers so that if you were close behind someone, after a lap or so they get a blue flag to indicate they have to let you pass?

I hope there are rules for this, as a buddy and I want to start going almost everyday for lunch.

They do but it doesnt mean that they will, usually they ignore the flagger out of spite. I think this girl just didnt want to be passed by the person with the same name ;)

Disoblige
01-31-2013, 02:39 PM

They do but it doesnt mean that they will, usually they ignore the flagger out of spite. I think this girl just didnt want to be passed by the person with the same name ;)
If that's the case, that person's a douche and should get in trouble.
You're always going to get a few bad apples in these types of activities.

cjblair
01-31-2013, 04:00 PM

They don't have a choice to let the faster person past.

Last night we were watching, and the slow dude hadn't moved left by corner 3, so the marshall cut his power for a couple seconds and the fast guy made an easy pass. Spent about 1/2hr after we were done watching and chatting a bit with the marshall. I like him, he's got his shit together.

Also, bumping past someone is bush league. Just sayin

bart
01-31-2013, 04:04 PM
if they hang a big ass nascar poster i am expectin some rubbin

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-31-2013, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by cjblair

They don't have a choice to let the faster person past.

Last night we were watching, and the slow dude hadn't moved left by corner 3, so the marshall cut his power for a couple seconds and the fast guy made an easy pass. Spent about 1/2hr after we were done watching and chatting a bit with the marshall. I like him, he's got his shit together.

Also, bumping past someone is bush league. Just sayin

Don't care if its bush league, im not gonna waste $15 sitting behind some bitch that intentionally not gonna let me by and get my fast laps in, its not a GP style race, it goes by lap time, no reason to keep blocking someone.

'93 SR-V
01-31-2013, 07:02 PM
For those of you who have been how long do the races last? It looks like they are all 14 or 16 laps but how long does that take? If you go in and want to do two races do they let you do them back to back or if there are people waiting do you have to space them out?

bart
01-31-2013, 07:06 PM
average lap is 22s, so 6 mins max of racing

you get to spend another 6 mins sitting in the kart waiting to go out, and before that 6 mins waiting in the corner to sit in the waiting go karts lol

you cant go back to back because they have beginner, experienced and pro races, usually the first 2 alternate and you will get the occasional pro race

another reason you cant go back to back is because as you end your race and are pitting the next group is already driving onto the track

they are trying to maximize time vs profit basically, once everyone gets bored of the place back to back will be easy

Go4Long
01-31-2013, 07:56 PM
going with a buddy this weekend to check it out...think I will take my own helmet as I'm not a big fan of wearing a rental helmet...plus...weight savings? :poosie:

Mibz
01-31-2013, 08:53 PM
Went today from 2:30-4:30. Place was empty. 3 other people came in about halfway through and did a couple races while we rested. I don't think I'll ever go on a packed weekend again. It was really nice, not only getting to race as often as I wanted but having an open track.

I can't figure out how people are hitting 20.9 though. I think I've got enough in me to do a 21.4 but that's it. I'd love to know what lines these people are taking.

Seikencube
01-31-2013, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Went today from 2:30-4:30. Place was empty. 3 other people came in about halfway through and did a couple races while we rested. I don't think I'll ever go on a packed weekend again. It was really nice, not only getting to race as often as I wanted but having an open track.

I can't figure out how people are hitting 20.9 though. I think I've got enough in me to do a 21.4 but that's it. I'd love to know what lines these people are taking.

If you were the guys that one of you has a white helmet? I'm assuming that was Heru-Farukon, a buddy and I haha! Felt good having a whole track with just your buddies!:D

MGCM
01-31-2013, 09:29 PM
down to 21.9 but i still have much to learn

v2kai
01-31-2013, 10:28 PM
checked it out tonight. 21.873
good fun!

flipstah
02-01-2013, 12:13 AM

IMO, there's no way they're hitting 20's in normal speed. Has to be pro speed.

Most of us were pushing it and we could only get low 21's. That's with clean lines, decent spacing, and no noobs on the track.

kenny
02-01-2013, 01:02 AM

Most of us were pushing it and we could only get low 21's. That's with clean lines, decent spacing, and no noobs on the track.

Wait those "Best of the Week" times are not just times in your own class? I thought since I'm on Race Speed it's only showing times for Race Speed. They range from 20.956 - 21.421 and I'm at 21.566.

I was wondering how I'd have to shave off another 0.6s

bart
02-01-2013, 01:27 AM
no, the best of the week are only for your class

once i got to pro speed i was able to knock off another 1.2s

Mibz
02-01-2013, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Seikencube

If you were the guys that one of you has a white helmet? I'm assuming that was Heru-Farukon, a buddy and I haha! Felt good having a whole track with just your buddies!:D Yup, that was us.

Most of us were pushing it and we could only get low 21's. That's with clean lines, decent spacing, and no noobs on the track. As mentioned, some guy hit a 20.9 on Race speed according to our "Best of Week" times.

As for lines. I found that clean or proper lines weren't always the fastest. The karts have so much grip on Race speed that the first two corners seem faster by just hugging the inside. You don't lose any speed and you're taking a shorter line than starting the corner wide.

From there, I can't tell what's fast and what isn't.

I peaked early yesterday, did 3 or 4 races after my 21.5 and they were all 21.6-7. Tried a bunch of different things but nothing seemed to work. I really need to find somebody faster than me to learn from.

cjblair
02-01-2013, 09:04 AM
I think the karts are getting a little slower as days go by. Apparently they're almost due for their bi-weekly maintenance, which should help out.

Would make sense too. My best time yet was set last saturday (21.4XX) and last night I was only able to get down to 21.5XX, even though I know I'm racing better.

Talked to a guy who has his pro speed for a bit last night (maybe he's a beyonder?). He says you can get through an entire lap on race speed without using the brakes, save for a little tap into corner 3. I wasn't able to do this, but his suggestions on lines helped me out a bit i think.

2 more races til pro...

A2VR6
02-01-2013, 09:56 AM

Talked to a guy who has his pro speed for a bit last night (maybe he's a beyonder?). He says you can get through an entire lap on race speed without using the brakes, save for a little tap into corner 3. I wasn't able to do this, but his suggestions on lines helped me out a bit i think.

I heard this too and I tried it... ended up being a bit slower than the way I usually drive.

MGCM
02-01-2013, 10:52 AM
I think the karts are getting a little slower as days go by. Apparently they're almost due for their bi-weekly maintenance, which should help out.

Would make sense too. My best time yet was set last saturday (21.4XX) and last night I was only able to get down to 21.5XX, even though I know I'm racing better.

2 more races til pro...

race speed only brake at corner 3? how do ppl manage that? Do they weight 80lbs?

cjblair
02-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by A2VR6

I heard this too and I tried it... ended up being a bit slower than the way I usually drive.

Yeah, i was definitely slower than my usual times. I think I'm a little faster out of the second hairpin now, but i still can't tie down the last corner. I can get through it without brakes, but i have to take a super wide exit to keep the front from hopping, and I'm almost positive its slower than taking a little bit tighter turn after braking just a bit.

Having said that, he was between .2 and .5s faster than me on race speed, so who knows. Maybe I'm just not as skilled. haha

EDIT: @MGCM - two guys that drive that way are pretty small, including the one that gave me tips...but there's one guy that's like 6'3" and he can't be less than 180lb i imagine... and he was just as fast. :dunno:

MGCM
02-01-2013, 11:54 AM
i keep understeering while trying to hold speed, im not sure if my wheels are turned to sharp or not sharp enough........is my weight THAT much of a handicap? lol

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-01-2013, 12:23 PM
I find if i go in to fast the front wheels will "hop" and it ruins everything.

Mibz
02-01-2013, 12:27 PM
If you're going too fast, you're gonna understeer, that's all there is to it. If you're plowing through corners then you're entering them too quickly.

kenny
02-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by MGCM

race speed only brake at corner 3? how do ppl manage that? Do they weight 80lbs?

The heavier guys probably don't need to brake as much as they have more grip in the corners and have slightly less speed on the straights.

But I could be totally wrong... haha

I think the karts are getting a little slower as days go by. Apparently they're almost due for their bi-weekly maintenance, which should help out

One of the karts felt really shaky on the straight, must've been in a few collisions. Almost felt driving a car with ice/snow stuck on one of the wheels.

A2VR6
02-01-2013, 02:11 PM

Yeah, i was definitely slower than my usual times. I think I'm a little faster out of the second hairpin now, but i still can't tie down the last corner. I can get through it without brakes, but i have to take a super wide exit to keep the front from hopping, and I'm almost positive its slower than taking a little bit tighter turn after braking just a bit.

I take the last hairpin wide in, tap the brakes, gas on, hit apex as tight as possible, wide out.

Seems to get me some decent speed down the straight. The key is to get on the power as soon as possible IMHO (ie. before you hit the apex).

Mibz
02-01-2013, 02:16 PM
I take the last hairpin wide in, tap the brakes, gas on, hit apex as tight as possible, wide out.

Seems to get me some decent speed down the straight. The key is to get on the power as soon as possible IMHO (ie. before you hit the apex). Where are you apexing? If I'm doing anything wrong on that corner it's that I'm turning in too early and using too early of an apex, but I don't know.

Cody D
02-01-2013, 08:12 PM
I'm 195lbs and I ran a 20.2 tonight so I don't know how much weight can matter. I'm sure it must to some degree but the electric carts have good torque.

A2VR6
02-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Where are you apexing? If I'm doing anything wrong on that corner it's that I'm turning in too early and using too early of an apex, but I don't know.

I'd say between 1/3 and halfway is where I apex.

Originally posted by Cody D
I'm 195lbs and I ran a 20.2 tonight so I don't know how much weight can matter. I'm sure it must to some degree but the electric carts have good torque.

Im assuming this is on pro speed?

Cody D
02-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Im assuming this is on pro speed?

Yes it's on Pro speed, I haven't raced at Race speed since I moved to Pro. I think next time I go back I'll try Race speed to see what I can get.

s dime
02-02-2013, 01:13 AM
21.8xx Race Speed,

I need pro speed!

And damn Wiebester, always faster than me haha.

flipstah
02-02-2013, 03:11 AM
Yup, that was us.

As mentioned, some guy hit a 20.9 on Race speed according to our "Best of Week" times.

As for lines. I found that clean or proper lines weren't always the fastest. The karts have so much grip on Race speed that the first two corners seem faster by just hugging the inside. You don't lose any speed and you're taking a shorter line than starting the corner wide.

From there, I can't tell what's fast and what isn't.

I peaked early yesterday, did 3 or 4 races after my 21.5 and they were all 21.6-7. Tried a bunch of different things but nothing seemed to work. I really need to find somebody faster than me to learn from.

Ah, my bad. In that case, then he/she must've hit the curves that well and didn't hop.

I'd love to go again and push it hard. :burnout:

TomcoPDR
02-02-2013, 05:13 AM

Ah, my bad. In that case, then he/she must've hit the curves that well and didn't hop.

I'd love to go again and push it hard. :burnout:

Sounds like a cool place to bring a date to.

Mibz
02-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Bitches in headsocks get me all hot.

MGCM
02-02-2013, 10:40 AM

lol x2 the above

kenny
02-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Utilizing the lean like crazy but still can't get a good time haha :P

Y4ujwBZi3uU

21.565 [email protected]#
0yOUapLiPgY

shakalaka
02-02-2013, 12:40 PM
So how does this work for someone who's never been to anything like this?

Mibz
02-02-2013, 02:08 PM
You walk in, register yourself on one of the computers, talk to somebody at the front desk to get your card and pay for races, then go wait for your name to be called. There are a bunch of free lockers to hold your stuff.

If it's your first race they have you do 5 REALLY slow laps to get to know the course, from there you go at what they call "race" speed which is the first tier of fun. After 12 races on race speed you're allowed to bump up to pro speed which, I'm told, is about a second a lap faster.

flipstah
02-02-2013, 02:10 PM
You walk in, register yourself on one of the computers, talk to somebody at the front desk to get your card and pay for races, then go wait for your name to be called. There are a bunch of free lockers to hold your stuff.

If it's your first race they have you do 5 REALLY slow laps to get to know the course, from there you go at full speed.

Not full speed but "race speed", which is a tier below the full speed.

But that's right.

Mibz
02-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Whoops, you're right. Edited for clarity.

Heru-Farukon
02-02-2013, 04:00 PM
My first time there, second race i raced a 22.328. But lines werent super perfect lol

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Sounds like a cool place to bring a date to.

Depends if the date like to race. Cause when i went on thursday for my first time, someone brought their date for a couple races, and she was bored lool

X3 hahah

s dime
02-02-2013, 05:40 PM
21.365!

shakalaka
02-02-2013, 05:51 PM

If it's your first race they have you do 5 REALLY slow laps to get to know the course, from there you go at what they call "race" speed which is the first tier of fun. After 12 races on race speed you're allowed to bump up to pro speed which, I'm told, is about a second a lap faster.

Not full speed but "race speed", which is a tier below the full speed.

But that's right.

Thanks guys.

Just to clarify. Are there two tiers or three tiers? Race Speed, Full Speed and Pro Speed or are the latter two the same thing?

And how do those 12 races work? Total 12 races over a period of time kind of thing? Like every time you go, they add it on your record in their computer or something?

Heru-Farukon
02-02-2013, 05:53 PM
The 12 races are over time. Like how many times you get on the track. The card keeps record on how many races you have done

At least that's what I've come to understand

Mibz
02-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Thanks guys.

Just to clarify. Are there two tiers or three tiers? Race Speed, Full Speed and Pro Speed or are the latter two the same thing?

And how do those 12 races work? Total 12 races over a period of time kind of thing? Like every time you go, they add it on your record in their computer or something? Ignore full speed, that was me being confusing :P There's just 2 tiers, race and pro.

Each race you do (14 laps) counts towards your 12. You don't have to do them all at once.

shakalaka
02-02-2013, 06:10 PM
I wonder how it would work if I visit the Speeders in Edmonton and Calgary. Is it a card that you carry that shows you've had a certain number of races? Thanks!

flipstah
02-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I wonder how it would work if I visit the Speeders in Edmonton and Calgary. Is it a card that you carry that shows you've had a certain number of races? Thanks!

I know someone that was able to carry over their Edmonton races to Calgary but not sure if that's policy or a one-time thing. :dunno: