PDA

View Full Version : New Go Kart Track In Calgary Opening

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

MGCM
02-21-2013, 06:30 PM
wtf they accept open face helmets if i bring goggles? count me in if thats true!!!!!!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long
Haha...I'm nothing like PandaKing and all them that pretty much live there from the looks of it...I overheard that FourplusoneJay just did his 100th race...I'm at like 25 I think? my RPM rank is till in the high 100s.

I want to bring my camera one night and get some pictures. Also, love the idea of a blue tooth audio system in the helmet...I might have to just wear my ipod under my helmet...

A bunch of the people with their own helmets ride too, so it's not like I own a helmet just for Go Karting...that would be weird.

I have my own helmet but its pretty shitty after a couple years ATVing with it, I should get a new one since ill need a new one for auto x this year anyway.

Graham_A_M
02-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by MGCM
wtf they accept open face helmets if i bring goggles? count me in if thats true!!!!!!
They do. one guy in our group was doing just that. I think even ski goggles would work as well, they dont have to be genuine "motocross" goggles or the like.

MGCM
02-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

They do. one guy in our group was doing just that. I think even ski goggles would work as well, they dont have to be genuine "motocross" goggles or the like.

hurray, no more headsock!!!!!

Go4Long
02-22-2013, 04:18 PM
I saw a guy there with one of the ones with no chin guard portion on the helmet too...admittedly I was surprised that they let him out there with it, but whatever.

I think I am going to go back for a race or two tonight again, I'm addicted, and it's cheaper than the other choices :P

Sprockett
02-22-2013, 04:25 PM
FWIW, a friend and I showed up with our DOT and Snell aproved HJC FS-3 helmets both with full face visors and they refused their use on account of them being open faced and made us use loaners.

http://qrgarage.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/hjc-fs-3.jpg

bjstare
02-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by MGCM

Motocross helmets aren't open face.. haha

pfis300
02-22-2013, 06:54 PM
I got down to a 21.402 on normal speeds... anybody know where you can get all your races or your total R.P.M index? I'd like to see where I stand against friends. Or can you only get your average R.P.M? :(

pfis300
02-23-2013, 09:17 PM
I kept racing against a guy named jdmgt ... i think he's a member on here.

Transp0rt3r
02-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by pfis300
I got down to a 21.402 on normal speeds... anybody know where you can get all your races or your total R.P.M index? I'd like to see where I stand against friends. Or can you only get your average R.P.M? :(

It's on their website, under Media -> Calgary scores. You can login using your email address and check your scores:

http://www.speeders.ca/calgary-online-scores

Go4Long
02-23-2013, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Transp0rt3r

It's on their website, under Media -> Calgary scores. You can login using your email address and check your scores:

Cool, I didn't know that.

4th in Reverse pro speed (funny enough the top 8 pro speed reverse are all from the same race),
24th forward pro speed,
27th in Race Speed forwards,
11th in race speed reverse (I think I've only done that once)

MGCM
02-23-2013, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Transp0rt3r

Sweet thanks man, checked my times, my best is 21.8 so far

maxtrbo93
02-23-2013, 11:27 PM
That's sweet thanks for the link. JDMGT is like top 5 and I beat him today *sheds a tear* ... I'd like to thank my family, for always believing in me.

jdmgt
02-23-2013, 11:54 PM
I kept racing against a guy named jdmgt ... i think he's a member on here.

I only did one race tonight. It was just to busy, never going back on a Saturday again.

Go4Long
02-24-2013, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by jdmgt

I only did one race tonight. It was just to busy, never going back on a Saturday again.

It was crazy there mid afternoon too. They told us 90 minutes wait to get a race in. Luckily for us they messed up getting one of the big groups called, so the race that was on track was just coming back in to the pits and the next group of 12 hadn't even got to the pit desk yet, so we got a 4 person Pro Reverse race in between the two races...

I think they need to work on their scheduling of groups a little better personally, having 3 big groups there at once, and then basically giving them ownership of the track is a little silly, and really not what you're charging them for...You're charging them to have a group, not to reserve the facility (which in my opinion would cost a lot more than they're charging), Friday-Sunday + Wednesday should be one group at a time, and then run a public race between each of the group's sessions...but what do I know?

It's a teething process regardless, they'll get it figured out. They've definitely got a product that people want, they just need to figure out how to manage it so that everyone that wants it can have it.

One other thing I've noticed is that people really aren't told what exactly pro speed is, a lot of people don't even know it exists, let alone how to get it.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are dead there btw, Wednesday nights are really busy (but I still go down and get three races in because it's cheap), and of course the weekend is packed, yesterday at 2:00 the lineup was all the way back to the washrooms.

xnvy
02-24-2013, 11:19 AM

Cool, I didn't know that.

4th in Reverse pro speed (funny enough the top 8 pro speed reverse are all from the same race),
24th forward pro speed,
27th in Race Speed forwards,
11th in race speed reverse (I think I've only done that once) How you so fast bro? :confused:
Teach me the error of my ways lol

TommyEK4
02-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Man, I need to come out and race with some of you guys! Its too fun.

pf0sh0
02-24-2013, 12:05 PM
I went last weekend. Soooooo much fun!! That's all. Totally worth it. Everyone should go!!

Go4Long
02-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by xnvy
How you so fast bro? :confused:

Not sure if serious...lol. There's some people on beyond that are a lot faster than me (errchry comes to mind, and I believe pandaking is on here too)

I'm not that fast in either of the speeds in forwards in my opinion...

Heru-Farukon
02-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by xnvy
How you so fast bro? :confused:

Yo man, you gotta buy them locked tunes ! :guns:

pfis300
02-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Errchry ... challenge is on.

I was super disappointed when they wouldnt allow me to gopro suction the kart.... laaaaame

Go4Long
02-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Probably more concerned about the GoPro ending up as debris.

maxtrbo93
02-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Too many G forces from my excessive badassness... I concur. Lolz

Go4Long
02-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
It's not average but the best lap you've done. Consistency isn't the key and neither is passing people.

Just going back through the thread, and I have to say I disagree with this...well, part of it. In the full races how you work traffic is definitely the key to getting a better lap time...sure you can wait until the straight to get flagged by the guy that's holding you up, but what if you catch up to them in turn 3? that's a whole lap scrapped. And in the 12 man races even if you're capable of lapping half a second or more faster than the other people on the track, you'll be held up on almost every lap if you can't pass.

Once again, I'm not the fastest guy in any of the speed settings, but my lap times are pretty consistent even while working traffic. The only time they fall off is if I get in behind the guys that just tool around through the middle of the track from turn 3 - 5. I'll stuff people into 3 and 5 all day long if they give me room to, come up the inside when they swing wide and don't give them the option to turn in on me, little bit of brakes and you can hug right against the inside and they'll have no choice but to watch you go by. I've also passed around the outside of 4, but if they run wide you're in trouble.

I've heard people discussing me being an asshole after the races, but I'm ok with it :drama:

coop3rr
02-26-2013, 09:11 AM
I should probably check out my standings. Haha and btw Steve, 4+1 jay I'd at like 106, I'm at around 70.

Not doing overly bad, 3rd in prospeed reverse, 19th in pro speed forward. race speed is terrible cause i havent done it in a while haha, 50th?

I need to do some race speed to get more RPM points, always get stuck with jay and pandaking all the time and get raped. ahahahahah

wow, im also 99th in RPM points in standings with edmonton. crazy,

Go4Long
02-26-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm really close to making the top 100...probably make it this week.

I'm also determined to get in to the 19's in pro speed forwards...20.099 is my best.

S-FLY
02-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Watched fourplusonejay run a 21.177 last night... I'd like to be chasing to find out what lines he's taking.

Ran 21.423 last night which made fastest 100 :burnout: But still room for improvement. Last night a bunch of people were spinning out and crashed into the barricades in turn 3 which moved them... anyone notice your times get slower because of the subtle changes to the track configuration? :confused:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Noticed I am #91 on race speed, still a longggggg way to go :burnout:

Cos
02-28-2013, 10:35 PM

Redlined_8000
02-28-2013, 10:56 PM
My best is 22.1...

Any tips from the 21sec guys?! Ive tried almost everything! I lean into each corner, I try late apex, I try hard brakes, soft brakes mid corner... whats the secret? lol

Go4Long
02-28-2013, 11:09 PM
no brakes.

in race speed you just do a tight line around every corner pretty much. mid track entries into 3 and 4, wide through 5.

flipstah
02-28-2013, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Went with a couple beyonder's and my neighbor tonight. Got 22.003. Was really hoping to break 21 but my next race was worse. :(

next week

The more people use the track before us, the stickier the track is. Tonight was slick; could not get grip.

This is the best I've done and I'm struggling to recreate it:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n205/dj_flipster/WP_20130228_002_zpse44263be.jpg

no brakes.

How?! Especially on the last turn before that big straight near the start line.

I go far left then into the corner but I go wide if I don't hit the brake early then pump the gas.

Go4Long
02-28-2013, 11:17 PM
turn in, wait for it to start sliding, then let off then back on the throttle.

you can tap the brakes for 5, some of the faster people do, you also can do 3 without brakes but it's not the fastest way to go.

pfis300
03-01-2013, 06:20 AM
My fastest race (21.408) was when the track had 7 others, I find I continually race better when I'm constantly trying to gain on the person in front of me, my slowest time (21.9) was when the track was only 2 others on it. That could very well be the key, or as others have said the more people the stickier the track. I'm 5'11, 175lb.

The only time I use the brake is a small small tap at 5, then it's mid corner hug with a tight finishing apex, I take 3 very wide and stay on the gas almost the whole corner.

My girlfriend who is a wicked driver who is like 5'7 and 120lbs has a fastest time of 21.55, she has continually took my exact line and technique and can't break my record. I'm beating her consistently by .2 to .3 every race. (5 In a row)... Regardless of where my time falls. I think some of it comes down to the track, the karts (I've noticed some have a grooved tire, and some steering is tighter)

But who really knows, it is fun - that's for sure.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-01-2013, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000
My best is 22.1...

Any tips from the 21sec guys?! Ive tried almost everything! I lean into each corner, I try late apex, I try hard brakes, soft brakes mid corner... whats the secret? lol

Ive run a 21.413.

My technique is only a quick dab of the brakes in a straight line for the last corner. The other two I let of slightly just before turning in and then get right back on it.

pfis300
03-01-2013, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000

Any tips from the 21sec guys?! Ive tried almost everything! I lean into each corner

How are you leaning? Tighten that harness up haha. I make mine so I pretty much can't move an inch.

xnvy
03-01-2013, 12:06 PM
How are you leaning? Tighten that harness up haha. I make mine so I pretty much can't move an inch. Itshay... I'm too skinny to do that lol

Twin Cam, I'll try what you posted next time I go, hopefully I can get under the 21 second mark.

georgemagana
03-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

Ive run a 21.413.

My technique is only a quick dab of the brakes in a straight line for the last corner. The other two I let of slightly just before turning in and then get right back on it.

Exactly what I do. Got a 21.8 on my second day :) lol

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-01-2013, 12:52 PM
To add to the conversation on times, last week me and two buddies did 3 back to back races with only a 1 race break in between, one of my friends felt his first cart was understeery...until he got into the second one that clearly had fresh rubber on the rear and well worn rubber on the front, his fastest time in the second cart was 0.5 seconds slower, then he picked up in the last race.

I can feel the differences in handling in each cart, you really have to learn on the first lap what the characteristics of the cart are and work with it, I can usually set pretty consistent best times each race withing 0.1-0.2 seconds of each other.

georgemagana
03-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
To add to the conversation on times, last week me and two buddies did 3 back to back races with only a 1 race break in between, one of my friends felt his first cart was understeery...until he got into the second one that clearly had fresh rubber on the rear and well worn rubber on the front, his fastest time in the second cart was 0.5 seconds slower, then he picked up in the last race.

I can feel the differences in handling in each cart, you really have to learn on the first lap what the characteristics of the cart are and work with it, I can usually set pretty consistent best times each race withing 0.1-0.2 seconds of each other.

That's right, i had a cart that was super shaky when braking and it would understeer more than my previous cart.

pfis300
03-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Would it be too far if I brought my racing gloves?

8-)

A2VR6
03-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Would it be too far if I brought my racing gloves?

8-)

You wouldnt be the first guy....

stretch
03-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Is the track faster than it was opening weekend? I see some guys running about 0.5 second faster than they were then. Just curious if that's driver improvement or not.

pfis300
03-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Some people are thinking its faster, due to the crew at Speeders pushing the barricades back into place after people hit them. That and from people nudging them when they corner im sure they move slightly, who knows.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Did a couple races yesterday, I was about 0.1 seconds slower than my fastest time, I felt like my lines were cleaner but I just couldn't push the cart any faster.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Went out and did three races today, set second fastest time of the week so far but I'm still not happy with my times.

Three first places though and on two races the guy behind was 0.007 seconds behind.

georgemagana
03-07-2013, 01:41 AM
Did a 21.470 today :) cant wait till I unlock the fast or pro speed or whatever the name is !

Go4Long
03-07-2013, 10:27 AM
I haven't been in almost a week. going through withdrawal.

91Accord
03-07-2013, 01:57 PM
http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/03/07/speeders-indoor-prokart-racetrack-opens-in-ne-calgary

Go4Long
03-07-2013, 02:03 PM
article link says I need to be a sun + subscriber. not gonna do that.

Mibz
03-07-2013, 02:10 PM
"The action is fast and furious at"*close*

Cos
03-07-2013, 08:54 PM

FraserB
03-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Third last lap and I finally have a clear track and a guy wearing a go pro spins HARD and smokes the corner sending it out into the straight and they finish our race.

I was right behind this guy and had the choice to either keep my line a T-bone him hard or eat the inside barriers and only scuff him.

Really wish I had hammered him looking back, might have knocked that stupid go pro off his head.

pfis300
03-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Damn thats lame! That Player 1 guy had a sick time! Is that on Pro-Speed?

FraserB
03-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Race speed

Cos
03-08-2013, 07:06 AM

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Gonna try out pro speed this weekend finally, can't wait!

pfis300
03-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Ugh I've been away at work for 10 days now, going through kart withdrawal. Blehhhhhjh

Go4Long
03-08-2013, 06:59 PM
I was hoping to go last night, but the hot tub set up took way longer than anticipated. Now I'm back to work for the rest of the weekend night shifts, hopefully be able to make it out maybe next wednesday and thursday.

Got down to a 20.001 on pro speed, which is of course just enough to drive me crazy. Lol.

gpomp
03-08-2013, 08:24 PM
^ i hear ya. i'm at 20.010 on pro speed :banghead:

danno
03-08-2013, 11:01 PM
I was there for 4 races today took 4 hours to get them in. 2 pro, 2 race speed. 19.868 pro, 21.145 race. First races at pro speed and I have to say its a lot more fun. There feels like there is a challenge now. From what I heard its a difference of 10kph.

EG6boi
03-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by danno
I was there for 4 races today took 4 hours to get them in. 2 pro, 2 race speed. 19.868 pro, 21.145 race. First races at pro speed and I have to say its a lot more fun. There feels like there is a challenge now. From what I heard its a difference of 10kph.

I was there today too and there was apparently 23 races ahead of me; it was booked up with tons of 10 party events lol.

How do you get to pro speed? do you need a certain RPM?

22.9 was the best I could get today considering some 15 yr old kid kept crashing into the sidings and, at one lap, drifted out of control. Out of the 14 laps, I only got 5 of the 14 averaging at 22.9-23.6, and the rest was over 55 lol.

Go4Long
03-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by EG6boi

I was there today too and there was apparently 23 races ahead of me; it was booked up with tons of 10 party events lol.

How do you get to pro speed? do you need a certain RPM?

22.9 was the best I could get today considering some 15 yr old kid kept crashing into the sidings and, at one lap, drifted out of control. Out of the 14 laps, I only got 5 of the 14 averaging at 22.9-23.6, and the rest was over 55 lol.

Yes, the weekends are busy there. If you want to get in in a decent amount of time you can either go in in a small group (if I go alone I usually just camp out by the desk and look for an empty Kart in a row and try to get myself thrown into the race), or go on non weekends. Tuesday and Thursday nights are the two quietest nights. Wednesday is a total crap shoot, usually if you get there before 6 it's dead, then after 7 it gets really busy.

The pro speed question has been answered numerous times in this thread. You have to do 12 races on race speed then a test.

Especially on the weekends it can be hard to get a good race going in Race Speed. It's actually one of the advantages to Pro Speed. More so than just the speed is the fact that since everyone has experience, probably over 75% of the time you'll go through an entire race without a flag, and if you do get a flag it's short lived since everyone knows how to operate the reverse and get back moving again.

I find Race Speed races are fun most of the time, but frustrating because every 14 year old (and a bunch of inbred nascar fans) thinks they're the worlds greatest driver and try to not let you by, or will turn in to you mid corner because they're just not paying attention.

FraserB
03-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Met go4long tonight and managed a 21.910

Cos
03-13-2013, 07:50 PM

bjstare
03-13-2013, 08:07 PM
^Unfortunately, no. Regular lookin dude, taller than average.

Sprockett
03-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Obviously some dudes karting here with some interest and talent for racing cars. Curious, you guys ever considered autocross? If not, why not?

Cos
03-13-2013, 08:51 PM

Go4Long
03-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Cos
^^ does he look like a big train like his avatar picture supposes?

lol.

Got down to a 19.877 in Pro Speed, 19.791 in Pro Reverse tonight. Yay.

Then got in a heated discussion with some of the staff...and got lectured on "drifting" by one of the mechanics. All in all a good night :poosie:

A2VR6
03-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Sprockett
Obviously some dudes karting here with some interest and talent for racing cars. Curious, you guys ever considered autocross? If not, why not?

Yep, Run Auto-x regularly during the summer if I can make them.

Is that you Ryan?

Got down to a 19.877 in Pro Speed, 19.791 in Pro Reverse tonight. Yay.

Then got in a heated discussion with some of the staff...and got lectured on "drifting" by one of the mechanics. All in all a good night

Interesting, is the track getting faster again? I managed to pull at 19.805 in pro speed at the beginning of the month but haven't been back since.

Should really try reverse next time!

Go4Long
03-13-2013, 09:37 PM
The actually made the track tighter again, but it also seems to make it faster by forcing you in to better lines (that's my opinion, and I could be totally wrong), the track really is a little different every race.

FraserB
03-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Got down to 21.705 Reasonably happy with that for now.

I don't see why the talked to you about drifting, it sure didn't look like you were. Was that on the reverse race?

Go4Long
03-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
I don't see why the talked to you about drifting, it sure didn't look like you were. Was that on the reverse race?

I'm not sure if he okd it with management before lecturing me, and honestly don't really care that much. My second to last race I was raging pretty bad as it was after they told me (at 6:30) that they wouldn't sell me a three pack of races because I wouldn't get them in before the night was over (I would have very easily. I got two races in, and then after the second race the track sat empty for 15 minutes while the group was getting set to go), so I was sitting there raging inside my helmet and driving like an angry person, sliding in to every corner...it was fun, but in reality, shouldn't abuse their equipment...that being said, I generally don't go out there and put effort into sliding around corners, usually I'm trying not to as it's not the fastest way around the track but there's some times where it's legitimately hard to not slide, and some of the karts are a lot worse for it than others. The Kart I had in my second race of the night for example I couldn't even come close to the lap time I got in the race before because the thing just wouldn't grip.

But whatever, I can sit here and be angry all I want, I'm still going back tomorrow, so I'm not really accomplishing much...I'll cry myself to sleep now :P

Sprockett
03-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by A2VR6
[B]

Yep, Run Auto-x regularly during the summer if I can make them.

Is that you Ryan?

Yup :)

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-14-2013, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Sprockett

As soon as I use my last two races tonight, probably wont be back till next fall as I will be putting that money towards auto x and brakes/tires this summer.

Cant wait to take these shitty winter tires off my god.

FraserB
03-14-2013, 07:36 AM

Then got in a heated discussion with some of the staff...and got lectured on "drifting" by one of the mechanics. All in all a good night :poosie:

Skipped the part where it was one of the mechanics that lectured you, I think they should be focusing on maintaing the carts if that's their job.

I only say this becuase of what I was told after my race and getting a fucked cart. The whole back end was wobbling and was doing a "whump, whump, whump" the whole race, so I went to let them know and found out that they are aware the bearings are failing. But they won't be replacing them soon becuase they "are not that bad", when I mentioned it costs people time, got no real answer.

In the long run, it's not cheap to go here and you're raking in a ton of cash each time you run a race. It would be cheap to keep the carts in good condition.

Cos
03-14-2013, 08:32 AM

danno
03-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Pro speed is so much more fun. But like most others unless the place is run a little better I won't be buying anymore. Kart 49 had a thumping noise in the front end the first time I was there and it was still there last week.

FraserB
03-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by danno
Pro speed is so much more fun. But like most others unless the place is run a little better I won't be buying anymore. Kart 49 had a thumping noise in the front end the first time I was there and it was still there last week.

That's the exact kart I had last night. So they do know it's an issue but they aren't fixing it.

Good to know it wasn't just me.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by FraserB

That's the exact kart I had last night. So they do know it's an issue but they aren't fixing it.

Good to know it wasn't just me.

Had that kart as well a couple times, still drives ok though.

I had another kart that pulled so hard left, still managed 21.4s on Race Speed.

Go4Long
03-14-2013, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Cos
I have had some shitty races and the GM guy is turning into a real dick. Sexist, racist, and just arrogant. You know you are a GM of a go karting place right? The girl who runs the carts earlier in the day is cool. She warns you or talks to you but isnt freaking out and cutting your power every 3 seconds.

Seriously me and the wife only have 2 races left before I am pro speed and if my next experience sucks I wont be buying anymore.

Just so you're up to speed, the "older" white guy that tells people he's the GM is actually one of the owners, and he's really good shit once he gets to know you. Keep in mind that every drift, every bump, etc comes out of his pocket, so maybe he was just having a bad day...He's pretty good with me and my buddy, but yes, if you're driving to aggressively for his mood at the time, he'll cut your Kart...but on the flip side of that, he's awesome for if someone ignores the let kart pass sign, he cuts their kart and lets you by.

I know there's some questionable things. I've driven probably 75% of the karts, and if anyone tries to tell me they're all the same, I'll tell them they're full of it. But in relation to Kart world and what not they're much better.

Keep in mind this is all a teething process. They haven't been open for long, and they're still learning how to manage their business model effectively.

Maybe the mentality that the groups are king works in Edmonton, maybe there's not as many regulars in Edmonton. I gather the Edmonton one has been open for like 2 years? and there's people from Calgary that are in the top 20 RPM in 6 weeks, so that's got to tell you that maybe Edmonton doesn't get the same number of regulars as we get here in Calgary.

I'm not trying to claim that they do no wrong, obviously I don't think that. But I do say that they are doing well, and when I approached the guy that drives the EVO (at least I'm pretty sure he's the one that drives it) with my concerns he seemed to be legitimately engaged in what I was trying to tell him, and legitimately wanted the place to succeed. I did my best to explain to him that at the end of the day, the regulars that are complaining aren't complaining for them, because a lot of us are going to keep going back regardless (although many of us will be cutting down during the summer due to other hobbies), we're complaining because we want the place to succeed, we want new people to be happy and to keep coming back, because just the regulars isn't enough to keep the lights on at that place, and we've all seen places with a good idea go belly up because they didn't make the opportunity work for them.

I also know that some of the management reads the forum...I've got no problem with them knowing how I feel, and my name there is the same as here, so it's not like they don't know who I am.

georgemagana
03-14-2013, 11:56 AM
^^^ That guy is awesome. He is really good to me and my friend too and he was even telling us how
to drive faster and all that the other day. Maybe he was having a bad day but everytime I'm there he is really nice !

Cos
03-14-2013, 12:18 PM

georgemagana
03-14-2013, 12:28 PM
^^ Yea I'm talking about the same guy, brown hair and usually running the remote, that's a horrible experience man! He was nothing like that to me. Sorry to hear that !

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Cos

No, older white guy with white hair? Is that your friend? If he is he is fucking killer. Doesn't wear a Speeders shirt, usually wears all back, shorter, usually working on the cars? He is super nice. Chatted with him a bunch and really like him.

I am talking about the 30-40 year old guy with brown hair and is usually running the controller.

Some people were running 30's and my wife tries to pass them (running low 22's in the first couple race speed laps) and he looks at us and calls her a 'dumb broad' and rolls his eyes. He didnt put out the pass flag but she tried to pass anyways and this lady cut over. He then said she went into corner 3 (I think) the first decent right hander too fast. When I spoke to my wife aftershe said after a couple of laps to give her space and get comfortable she tried to just lift off and go around that corner. No brakes. There was another guy up her ass to bumped her once already. Not to mention that is how EVERYONE on here takes that corner. No brakes. He then cuts everyones carts and proceeds to give them a 5 minute lecture all stopped on the track. Then makes fun of her to the entire group of people standing in the viewing area. Then he decides to ask if any of us know her. I say she is my wife. Then he starts to lecture ME on what SHE did wrong. Then he tells me he is marking MY file because of her and obviously we told her to drive like that. He FLIPS out on FraserB and I after that. When my wife got out of her cart after he looks at her and is like 'I saved your life, I hope you see that'. My wife doesnt want to return.

I have dropped $500-$600 there so far. I know it is his pocket but my wife and I are big car people. We both raced AMRA and my wife knows how to conduct herself on a track.

I went to the front desk and asked who the guy running the controller was and the younger girl said he was the GM.

Wow thats not cool. If its the guy im thinking of ive never had any problems with him and hes usually really nice and has chatted with us and given us the thumbs up before. He did get mad on my very first race when we went three wide onto the main straight, but I was leading and was passing on the right which is fine, other two guys got an earful.

Mibz
03-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Wow, that's brutal.

Cos
03-14-2013, 12:36 PM

A2VR6
03-14-2013, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Cos

OK yeah that is the guy then. Too bad I was hoping the white haired guy was the owner. Lol.

I haven't told all of the stories I have had with that guy but that isnt my only bad experience with him either. Maybe he just doesnt like the way I look. Lol

That really sucks man. That guy is really cool to me and whoever im with when we go too. He actually knows me on a first name basis now haha.

Go4Long
03-14-2013, 12:57 PM
that's the owner.

funny enough the guy with the white hair is the guy that was lecturing me on "drifting"

Cos
03-14-2013, 01:11 PM

FraserB
03-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Cos
He seems really nice to people that know him. I have also been on the positive side of him. If you are stuck in a race with slow people I think he thinks you are dangerous if you are fast. A fast group goes out and he just lets us go and lets us have fun. I dont want to think it is ALL negative with him or anyone. I dont keep going because it sucks. I have been out with all of us are within 0.5 seconds of each other and we are ripping around, lots of space, a bit of sliding, not even a peep from him. Just thumbs up or smiles. I think it is when you get a mis-match of skill levels that he gets edgy.

I think this is a pretty good assessment. That last race you and I were in with him as marshal I talked with him a few minutes after (the crash race). Then he remembered me last night and chatted for a bit and then said bye when he was leaving.

TQuon
03-14-2013, 05:47 PM
I haven't had a good experience with the brown hair gentleman either. Last month - Mid Feb. I went with large group of 10 friends including me, and at the last minute they stuck 2 randoms with our group which isn't a big deal. Full track of 12 people it gets pretty tight out there. Long story short, we had the first 5 warm up laps no problems, goes onto race speed for less than 5 seconds and somebody spins out - it was the random. After doing another 2 laps of warm up speed because of the spin out, he puts it back to race speed and bam, less than 5 seconds somebody slams into the wall - it was the random. The brown hair guy got so pissed off he just let's us finish the rest of the laps in "warm up" speed. He then brings us all into the briefing room and tells everyone pretty much tells us none of us know how to drive and he red flags everyones account and nobody can do "race speed" until we prove him wrong.

I haven't been back since.

georgemagana
03-14-2013, 08:39 PM
Did my best time on race speed at 21.282 today and tried pro-speed for the first time. The difference is crazy and seems like it would take a few races to get used to it.. Saw a few beyonders too.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Go4Long was there tonight, Errol whooped my ass in my last race, few beyonders out tonight.

danno
03-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by TQuon
. He then brings us all into the briefing room and tells everyone pretty much tells us none of us know how to drive and he red flags everyones account and nobody can do "race speed" until we prove him wrong.

I haven't been back since.
i saw them do that to a group of asian girls, they couldn't even get out of the pits without hitting a wall though. but if i was in a bad group and they did that i wouldn't go back either. overall i like going but i do see ways they can improve. i'm sure in time they will. but this might just be the stepping stone into auto cross for me.

EM1FTW
03-14-2013, 09:57 PM
I was there tonight and somehow pulled a 19.492 out of my ass on pro speed reverse!

Also saw Go4Long get bitched at by some random guy for some reason hahaha

Go4Long
03-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by EM1FTW
Also saw Go4Long get bitched at by some random guy for some reason hahaha

haha, yeah, that was epically hillarious to me :P

He was a fuckin moron (which explains how he managed to have pro speed unlocked and still have an RPM in the low 1300's), I'm coming up the inside of 2 behind him, he brakes mid corner, starts drifting and I tag the back of him and he spins then makes some angry hand motions at me mid spin, then tries to spin me in 3 (unsuccesfully) so I straight lined the chicane down the back straight and he was to the left and about half way up my Kart, I didn't move over and just ran him straight into the wall at the far end of the chicane which for some reason he blamed on me...

Fuckin northeast with its violence :P

Impressive time man...I improved my forward pro speed slightly to 19.821. No improvement to my reverse time.

The owner also gave me a victory lap with the checkered flag after one of the races for some reason. I wasn't going to turn it down...who doesn't want to do a lap with a checkered flag once in their life? :P

Unknown303
03-14-2013, 10:22 PM
So do you guys really miss Race City or what...?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-15-2013, 06:33 AM

haha, yeah, that was epically hillarious to me :P

He was a fuckin moron (which explains how he managed to have pro speed unlocked and still have an RPM in the low 1300's), I'm coming up the inside of 2 behind him, he brakes mid corner, starts drifting and I tag the back of him and he spins then makes some angry hand motions at me mid spin, then tries to spin me in 3 (unsuccesfully) so I straight lined the chicane down the back straight and he was to the left and about half way up my Kart, I didn't move over and just ran him straight into the wall at the far end of the chicane which for some reason he blamed on me...

Fuckin northeast with its violence :P

Impressive time man...I improved my forward pro speed slightly to 19.821. No improvement to my reverse time.

The owner also gave me a victory lap with the checkered flag after one of the races for some reason. I wasn't going to turn it down...who doesn't want to do a lap with a checkered flag once in their life? :P

That guy was hilarious, he was raging so bad but he was terrible, the owner guy had some words with him after too lol.

flipstah
03-15-2013, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303
So do you guys really miss Race City or what...?

Based from what I've read and if Race City were still here, I hope you guys aren't in the same race as me lol.

Bumping? Egad! :eek: