PDA

View Full Version : Best iPad covers/cases/screen protectors?

FixedGear
07-31-2012, 06:44 PM
I just got a 64gb iPad as a gift, and want to get a case and a screen protector (do people use screen protectors on these?). Can anyone offer any recommendations? I have a pretty good screen protector on my Nexus phone, I can't remember the brand but it's the one in the yellow box that you see everywhere.

Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

Nismorphed
07-31-2012, 06:52 PM
I have had my iPad for 6 months no scratches on screen and I use the smart cover. There is a smart cover now that covers the whole iPad which is pretty nice. I have the belkin snap cover for the back that works with the smart cover

FixedGear
07-31-2012, 06:58 PM
^^hey, thanks! that smart cover looks totally rad. I'm gonna get one of those. I see you can buy them on the apple website, but do you know if they are available for cheaper from anywhere else (?). I'm super cheap LOL.

chibwack
07-31-2012, 07:20 PM
Don't know if they're available cheaper, but yeah I've had four different covers and I keep going back to the smart cover. its just too easy. I use an invisishield on it too since I often just pop the cover right off anyway. The only reason I wouldn't get a screen protector would be if you use a stylus as they can stick to it sometimes.

Kavy
07-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Smart covers are dirt cheap online.

I wrapped by in a zagg shield front and back then use the smart cover. Easy and no bulk.

FixedGear
07-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Kavy
Smart covers are dirt cheap online.

I wrapped by in a zagg shield front and back then use the smart cover. Easy and no bulk.

Hey, where can you get them cheap online? ebay, or can you recommend a good site? thanks dude!

FixedGear
07-31-2012, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by chibwack
Don't know if they're available cheaper, but yeah I've had four different covers and I keep going back to the smart cover. its just too easy. I use an invisishield on it too since I often just pop the cover right off anyway. The only reason I wouldn't get a screen protector would be if you use a stylus as they can stick to it sometimes.

I though the invisibleshield was a screen protector... or is there a difference? sorry, i'm kind of an idiot when it comes to stuff like this!

I have the invisibleshield on my phone, and it works awesome.

Kavy
08-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by FixedGear

Hey, where can you get them cheap online? ebay, or can you recommend a good site? thanks dude!

eBay or Amazon works.

Remember on eBay however you may not always be getting an Apple product. I have seen the knock offs and they function identical to the apple smart covers and look identical. I would assume the only difference would be build quality which isn't really an issue with something you will have for 1-2 years before upgrading your device.

FixedGear
08-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Kavy

eBay or Amazon works.

Remember on eBay however you may not always be getting an Apple product. I have seen the knock offs and they function identical to the apple smart covers and look identical. I would assume the only difference would be build quality which isn't really an issue with something you will have for 1-2 years before upgrading your device.

Yeah, I'm kind of worried about buying on eBay for that reason. so many counterfeit products are sold there, I got sold a conterfeit pair of Puma shoes once on eBay and was pretty steamed about that LOL.

It seems like the ones on amazon aren't counterfeit, but are off-brands. Are you guys using the actual official Apple smart covers, or off-brands?

I'll be in Oregon next week, I think I'll probably just pop into a Best Buy and get an Apple cover then. They sell them for like $50.