PDA

View Full Version : Beyond.ca's Official Jeweller

Justing
08-01-2012, 10:41 AM
As Beyond.ca’s newest sponsor I thought I’d provide a quick background of who I am!

First of all, my name is Justin and I am the owner of Gem by Carati. I’ve been a Beyonder for a quite a few years and having opened my store in December of last year, I thought it would be a good time to become a sponsor!

Carati
Second level Stephen Avenue Place
#234, 225-7th Avenue SW
403-264-5557
My sister opened Carati in 2003, I spent a couple of years running this store while my sister was on maternity leave.

Gem by Carati
Second level Bankers Hall
#221, 315-8th Avenue SW
403-264-8772
I opened Gem in December 2011. This store being my baby, I tend to spend most of my time here.

(Edited Nov.2018, to update addresses)

On a personal note, I grew up in in the business and have been involved in some capacity since I was about 15. After university I continued my education in the industry by becoming a Graduate Gemologist, accredited by the GIA. In a nutshell, this means I’m able to grade diamonds, identify gemstones, and generally be an expert in all things jewellery.

We specialize in diamonds, coloured stones and custom designs. By sponsoring beyond I hope to be able to provide the community with a source of information on jewellery and diamond buying.
Currently for watches, I carry Tissot, Hamilton and Longines.
There will be exclusive beyond.ca deals, so stay tuned!

If you have any questions, please email me directly at: [email protected] or give me a call at 403-264-8772.

Thanks!
Justin

flipstah
08-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Justin,

I'm excited for your 'new' business! Since you carry Hamilton and Longines, I'll definitely look for you first when I plan to snipe my next watch. ;)

rizfarmer
08-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Was in Justin's store for some watch repair, very effecient and friendly service! Looked like they had some good pricing on some of the Victorinox and Hamilton's.

rony_espana
08-01-2012, 02:25 PM
I've dealt with Justin and his jewellery store, excellent guy and service! :thumbsup:

JVR1
08-01-2012, 02:29 PM
I've dealt with Justin and his family for over a decade.

Fantastic service and quality products. Would recommend him to everyone.

ddmmak
08-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Cool! Will check your store out!!

Are there Beyond discounts? Thanks!!

Justing
08-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Sounds good Flipstah, drop by or email me when you're ready!

Thanks for the accolades guys, really appreciate it!

ddmmak, yes for sure, stay tuned!

Euro_Trash
08-01-2012, 05:45 PM
I bought my wife's engagement ring from Justin ~4 years ago, awesome guy to deal with. Deifnitely looking forward to any deals on Hamilton's in the future

nykz
08-01-2012, 07:03 PM
I will definitely be keeping an eye in this forum now, been looking to get my second watch lately... and have been looking at some Hamiltons, perfect timing!

Wish you and your business the best :thumbsup:

gyu
08-01-2012, 07:14 PM
My friend's interested in getting new watch, will show him this

D'z Nutz
08-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Sweet, I might pop by after work today if I remember :)

shakalaka
08-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Do you guys have a website at all? Will deff. look forward to some watch offers you guys have going on in the future.

Justing
08-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks guys!
For sure I'll be doing beyond exclusive deals for watches!

Shakalaka, the website is still in the works, I'll post it as soon as it's ready to go!
We do have our facebook page up and running: http://www.facebook.com/GemByCarati

03ozwhip
08-24-2012, 03:00 PM
what are your hours of operation Justin?

bourge73
08-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Maybe you could do a Beyond weekly deal with the watches? post up pics of the watches,and prices with all the watch whores on here you'll be busy to say the least haha :dunno:
I feel the urge for a new watch..

LongCity
08-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
what are your hours of operation Justin?

I got this haha

Monday - Wednesday: 9:30 - 5:30
Thursday/Friday: 9:30 - 7:30
Saturday: 9:30 - 5:30
Sunday by appointment.

Justing
08-24-2012, 05:12 PM
^ haha, thanks man!

CompletelyNumb
08-24-2012, 05:35 PM
I'll just be the oddball here. How do you pronouce Carati? Because I say karate. And I don't want to look silly if I come in. :nut:

Justing
08-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Care-a-tee :thumbsup:

bourge, that's sort of what I do now, I'll continually post new and interesting watches coming through the store. I just can't post the discounts publicly.

Justing
10-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Our first facebook contest is up!
http://www.facebook.com/GemByCarati

Enter to win a $50 gift certificate to the store.
Bigger contests to come, if you've entered in this one you'll still be eligible to enter for future contests :thumbsup:

Justing
11-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Last month's facebook contest winner has been announced and her prize has been claimed!

Time for November's contest: a $100 Gift certificate to Gem by Carati!
Enter to win here: http://www.facebook.com/GemByCarati :clap:

TunerF1
11-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Just wanted to give another positive review for Justin. Had a friend looking for a Hamilton watch and Justin looked after him right away with excellent service and a price that was great! He is a class act and was a pleasure to deal with! Highly recommended!:thumbsup:

EG6boi
11-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Justing
Last month's facebook contest winner has been announced and her prize has been claimed!

Time for November's contest: a $100 Gift certificate to Gem by Carati!
Enter to win here: http://www.facebook.com/GemByCarati :clap:

Am I SOL if I don't have Facebook?

D'z Nutz
11-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Care-a-tee :thumbsup:

uLeTbKDLj0s

Justing
11-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by TunerF1
Just wanted to give another positive review for Justin. Had a friend looking for a Hamilton watch and Justin looked after him right away with excellent service and a price that was great! He is a class act and was a pleasure to deal with! Highly recommended!:thumbsup:
Thanks James, I always appreciate a referral!

Originally posted by EG6boi

Am I SOL if I don't have Facebook?
Unfortunately, yes.
For now it's just a facebook contest. I'll be sure to have beyond.ca exclusive contests in the future. :thumbsup:

D'z Nutz.... you don't tell me what kind of pizza to like!

[GaGe]
04-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Just bought a pair of earrings from Justin last week... I usually hate gift shopping, but he made it quick an easy for me this time. Great guy to deal with.

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Nufy
04-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Can you recommend a good gold smith.

I need to have the ring portion of my wife's engagement ring re-built due to wear n tear. (It was my Moms before she passed away)

PM or reply here.

Thanks.

flipstah
04-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Nufy

I need to have the ring portion of my wife's engagement ring re-built due to wear n tear. (It was my Moms before she passed away)

PM or reply here.

Thanks.

+1. Looking to repair a gold lobster claw bracelet.

A790
04-08-2013, 10:41 AM
I've probably spent close to 20k with Justin now and every dollar gets the same attention and courtesy as the first one did.

Justin/Charolotte have always be professional and classy when I've gone in. I hope to continue to business with them for as long as my wallet can afford it. :)

Justing
04-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Nufy

PM or reply here.

Thanks.

Originally posted by flipstah

+1. Looking to repair a gold lobster claw bracelet.

We have a goldsmith that does all repairs on-site :thumbsup:

Thanks [Gage] and A790, much appreciated!

flipstah
04-08-2013, 01:22 PM

We have a goldsmith that does all repairs on-site :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: What about an engraver?

Justing
04-08-2013, 02:09 PM
^ Not on-site, but I use a hand engraver in town that does amazing work.

flipstah
04-08-2013, 03:10 PM
^ Not on-site, but I use a hand engraver in town that does amazing work.

Sweet. Might be stopping by this week to drop off something. :)

flipstah
04-19-2013, 07:28 PM
Just dropped off my bracelet today and maybe I shouldn't have...

Saw your Hamilton stock today. :drool:

flipstah
04-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Thought I'd emphasize the great and quick service I received from Gem by Carati.

He's now my go-to shop for gold repair. He repaired my bracelet quickly and made it look brand-new again.

Engraving is very good and exactly what I wanted. Thanks, Justin! :thumbsup:

Justing
04-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Glad we could help, thanks again for coming in!

03ozwhip
05-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Thanks again for the help with the B-Day present for the wife Justin, now just put that Pan-Europ on ice for me! ;)

Neil4Speed
05-28-2013, 12:37 PM
A big :clap: to Justin, sourced the watch that I wanted from Toronto, amazing customer service per the usual.

Can't recommend Gem enough, great selection of Tissots/Hamiltons too!

Justing
06-21-2013, 08:57 AM
Due to the flooding, all three stores will be closed today.
Sorry for any inconvenience, please email me at [email protected] if necessary.
Stay safe everyone!

Justing
08-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Today marks one year of being a beyond sponsor. :clap:
I want to sincerely thank beyond for all the support and all the great reviews we've received. It has been awesome meeting so many of you!
As a sign of appreciation, check out this thread: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/372986/hamilton-watch-and-prize-pack-giveaway/

I'm also happy to announce that we finally have our website up and running!
http://www.gembycarati.com/
Please check if out if you get a chance.

Huge thanks to A790 and http://www.suavesites.com/ for his patience as we bombarded him with pictures and different requests and tweaks for weeks on end. :thumbsup:

Justing
11-22-2013, 07:10 PM
Just a heads up that Gem by Carati will be open from 12pm - 5pm on Sunday, from now until Christmas.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Justing
12-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is now available for download on our website: http://www.gembycarati.com/

Also, make sure you enter to win yourself or a special someone a pair of Ed Levin earrings: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/377081/ed-levin-earrings-giveaway-from-gem-by-carati/

The winner will be announced on Monday Dec. 9

bigboom
12-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Instead of starting a new thread, just wanted to give a shout out to Justin and Gem by Carati. Bought my wife a watch for her birthday and had nothing but positive experiences there, didn't feel rushed or pressured at all even though my wife is quite picky. Justin even traded in my T-Touch for me so that I could get one of the new ones.

Great place to do any jewellery shopping!

Thanks Justin!

Justing
12-09-2013, 03:16 PM
^ Thanks, much appreciated!

As of today we are open for extended Christmas hours:
Monday - Friday: 9:30am - 7:30pm
Saturday: 9:30am - 7:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:30pm
Dec.24: 9:30am - 5:00pm

As long as the store is open I'm working so if you're looking for me, I'm here!
Or you can contact me at [email protected] or PM me on here.

For any information please visit:
http://www.gembycarati.com/

navdeep
12-09-2013, 04:07 PM
I want to thank justin for helping me pick a couple of watches. Super easy to deal with , and responds back to email or phone call ASAP

Thanks Justin

Justing
12-13-2013, 04:01 PM
^Thanks Nav!

For anyone who watches movies at Chinook, Westhills or Crowfoot theaters, look out for our Forevermark commercial playing before the movie starts!

http://3rdstrandllc.wistia.com/medias/qfwallvt1r

K3RMiTdot
12-13-2013, 04:50 PM
i see this commerical on youtube all the time!

Justing
12-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Merry Christmas beyond.ca! :clap:

Gem by Carati will be having a '"boxing week special" exclusive to beyond.ca members only!

Hamilton:
Usual beyond exclusive discount plus your choice of:
1) A free Hamilton deployment buckle ($50 value)
or
2) A free Hirsch leather strap up to a value of $60

Tissot:
Usual beyond exclusive discount and a free Hirsch leather strap up to a value of $60

Longines:
Usual beyond exclusive discount and a free Hirsch leather strap up to a value of $60

Gucci:
No GST on the usual beyond discount

Offer is valid only to beyond members from December 26 – 31, 2013.

Please pm me with any quotes, or better yet e-mail me at: [email protected]

Justing
12-30-2013, 09:55 AM
^ Two more days to take advantage!

[GaGe]
01-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Visited the store for the 2nd time over Christmas break with Justin helping me pick out a Hamilton watch for a gift. Nothing but positive experiences here - quick responses to e-mails and great service from everyone at the store.

Thanks again!

seer_claw
01-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Pm'ed.

Justing
11-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Just a reminder that there's one week left to submit your custom orders to be completed in time for Christmas. :thumbsup:

Please pm or email with any inquires. Thanks!

Justing
12-08-2014, 10:39 AM
We will now be open extended hours for Christmas:

Monday - Friday: 9:30am - 8:00pm
Saturday: 9:30am - 6:00pm
Sunday: Noon - 6:00pm

Anytime we're open, I'm working, so please don't hesitate to ask for me. Sometimes I'm in the back office or at one of the other stores but I'm always around.

Thanks!

Justing
12-26-2014, 12:28 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Beyond!!!

Our boxing week special was really popular last year, so lets do it again!

Hamilton:
Beyond discount plus your choice of:
1) A free Hamilton deployment buckle ($50 value)
or
2) A free Hirsch leather strap up to a value of $60

Tissot:
Beyond discount and a free Hirsch leather strap up to a value of $60

Longines:
Beyond discount and a free Hirsch leather strap up to a value of $60

Offer is valid from December 26th - December 31st, 2014.

For any quotes, please pm me or email me at [email protected]

natty54
01-06-2015, 09:25 PM
I doubt I will ever shop anywhere else. Justin is very professional and overall amazing. I talked to him for a very long time with hundreds of questions. Each time Justin responded timely and with all the information I needed.

Thanks again for a great experience!

Cos
01-06-2015, 09:55 PM

Justing
01-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated!! :love:

Canmorite
01-08-2015, 09:19 AM

Justing
02-17-2015, 11:32 AM
A couple of announcements for today:

1) Due to the volatility of the Swiss Franc as well as our own dollar, we'll be seeing a price increase from Tissot, Hamilton and Longines.
The price change will be effective March 1st.

2) We'll be closed this week from Feb 18th to 20th for some minor renovations. We'll be re-open on Saturday the 21st.
If you have any questions or need to get in touch with us, please feel free to email me at: [email protected]

Thanks!

bjstare
02-17-2015, 01:35 PM
Couple questions: Will the average price increase be on the order of 5% or 20%? Or somewhere in between? Also, if you don't have the watch in stock, will orders placed prior to March 1 be on the old pricing? Feel free to return my answers via PM if you'd prefer.

Justing
02-17-2015, 02:07 PM
cjblair, average price increase will be about 5%.

If the watch needs to be ordered from Switzerland, orders will have to be based on the increased price. If the watch is in stock in Canada, orders will be based on old pricing.

bjstare
02-18-2015, 01:31 PM
:thumbsup: I might head down to see what you have in stock on Friday.

Justing
02-20-2015, 11:43 AM
Sounds good, cjblair.

We're ahead of schedule for our reno so we'll be open by about 3pm this afternoon. :thumbsup:

bjstare
02-22-2015, 01:19 PM
Again, received great service from Justin. Showed up with my gf a little before he was ready to open, he still let us into the store for our own little private shopping experience haha. He was more than patient with me when I asked him to pretty much empty out his hamilton case so I could try a bunch of watches on, and as usual gave me a great price.

Another big :thumbsup:

Justing
02-23-2015, 11:04 AM
Thanks man, enjoy the new watch!

Justing
12-07-2015, 12:03 PM
Christmas hours start today!

From now until Christmas, our new hours:
Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm

I'm here everyday before the stores open and after we close so please don't hesitate to ask for me if you come into the store.
Thanks everyone, for your continued support! :clap:

Justing
12-07-2015, 12:59 PM
Christmas hours start today!

From now until Christmas, our new hours:

I'm here everyday before the stores open and after we close so please don't hesitate to ask for me if you come into the store.
Thanks for your continued support! :clap:

Justing
12-26-2015, 11:10 AM
Merry Christmas beyond.ca!

Boxing Week deals: Save the GST on top of the beyond discount from December 26-December 31.

Valid on all in stock watches and jewellery.

We have also a handful of discontinued Tissot watches at 40% off!

Justing
02-16-2016, 03:32 PM
Update!
Effective March 1st, Hamilton and Tissot will be raising prices on all pieces due to the exchange rate.
On average, it's about a 5% increase.

Please feel free to pm or e-mail me with any questions or quotes.

03ozwhip
02-19-2016, 02:20 PM
So I've been bugging Justin about the Pan-Europ for probably I dunno 2 years lol and every single time I say I'm ready to grab it, I don't, for one reason or another.

This time, I actually pulled the trigger on one. I would like to thank Justin for being so patient and understanding about all of the questions over the years. He has been by far the best salesman I have ever dealt with in any situation and I will gladly go back if I am looking for anything else watch, or jewellery related.

Thanks again Justin, much appreciated. I love my Hammy!

Swank
02-19-2016, 05:32 PM
I just started working with Justin on a most important ring for the little woman, he's been super helpful, knowledgeable, and responsive, I definitely feel that I'm in good hands :thumbsup:

Jlude
11-13-2016, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Swank
I just started working with Justin on a most important ring for the little woman, he's been super helpful, knowledgeable, and responsive, I definitely feel that I'm in good hands :thumbsup:

This is good to hear, I am also. Guess I'll see what these guys can do.

403ep3
11-14-2016, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Swank

GL! hopefully the gal doesn't browse beyond :nut:

carson blocks
11-17-2016, 03:43 PM
Do you do custom rings, JustinG? I need a wedding band with a curve in the top to match the shape of an engagement ring. It seems like a simple ask, but I got quoted a price higher than I expected for a plain band with a little bend in it. If not, can you recommend someone who does?

Justing
11-17-2016, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by carson blocks
Do you do custom rings, JustinG? I need a wedding band with a curve in the top to match the shape of an engagement ring. It seems like a simple ask, but I got quoted a price higher than I expected for a plain band with a little bend in it. If not, can you recommend someone who does?

Absolutely!
We have a 3D printer in house, so we'd create a design using CAD and print a model for you before final approval.

Please email me at: [email protected] if you have any questions!

89coupe
11-24-2016, 01:48 PM
Another thumbs up for Justin.::thumbsup:

Helped me out again, great service, great price, timely matter.

Brad

quick_scar
11-24-2016, 02:46 PM

Absolutely!
We have a 3D printer in house, so we'd create a design using CAD and print a model for you before final approval.

Please email me at: [email protected] if you have any questions!

I was hoping you did custom pieces. You have an e-mail good sir :)

Justing
12-06-2016, 12:39 PM
^^ Thanks guys!!

Christmas hours are in full swing:
Saturday: 9:30am - 6:00pm

Please don't hesitate to pm me or email me at [email protected] with any questions.

Jlude
12-21-2016, 09:43 PM
Have to give Justing a :thumbsup: Flew in to view some diamonds, he had everything ready to go, took care of all aspects, did everything required to ensure the process went smoothly. I was looking for quality over quantity, he understood exactly that and delivered. The (soon to be) wife loves her ring, and I would recommend him for your diamond needs.

403ep3
12-22-2016, 08:05 PM
All these beyond ballers buying from Justin. Must be racking in the dough haha

Justing
12-22-2016, 08:11 PM
Thanks again Jlude, really appreciate you making a trip to see me!
Congrats on the engagement!

Jlude
12-24-2016, 11:23 AM
Thanks again Jlude, really appreciate you making a trip to see me!
Congrats on the engagement!

Thank you. Lots of compliments on the ring/diamond.

b_t
03-03-2017, 01:38 PM
Shoutouts to Gems for hooking up a good deal on a Hamilton Khaki Field day/date auto... thanks guys!

I'd post a pic but Imgur doesn't work at work

Justing
03-03-2017, 07:38 PM
Good choice!!
Sorry I missed you, I'm in HK this week.

dirtsniffer
03-04-2017, 07:10 PM
You guys do custom right? A good buddy of mine was given a heirloom wedding ring, but does not want to give it as is. I told him to use the diamonds in a new setting. Could you help with that?

Justing
03-06-2017, 09:11 AM
Absolutely!
We do a lot of redesigns with heirloom jewellery. If it works with the new project we can incorporate the old the gold as well.

Please ask him to email me at [email protected] or drop by the store at anytime and we can come up with some ideas.

Thanks!

dirtsniffer
03-08-2018, 09:55 AM
Another great experience with the team at Gem By Carati!

I'm going to have to buy myself a watch one day. Those Hamiltons look great.

luuluu
03-09-2018, 09:21 AM
I can attest to this! i'll have a review later on :). Justin has been great!