PDA

View Full Version : Rec hockey team looking for new players!

s3v3n
08-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Hey all!

Looking for some more players for the upcoming winter season and still have a couple spots available for people that may want to sign up. Great group of guys and a good chance to get out, have some fun (and sometimes a couple beers), get some exercise, and play some hockey! Very relaxed atmosphere and everyone is always super friendly.

Not looking for veteran high-level players as this team is mostly for newer-ish and intermediate players, maybe people that haven't played a lot of organised hockey before, or those that are looking to get back in the saddle and dust off the ol skates. Focus is just on having a good time and everybody getting better etc. Games are still competitive of course, but we will be playing in the lower divs so you dont have to worry about 9 guys on the ice skating circles around you.

Games, schedules, results, player stats, standings, etc are all tracked online. Games are played at various rinks throughout the city.

If you or somebody you know may be interested, post up or shoot me a PM with email addy if you want more details!

alien
08-02-2012, 02:27 PM
what league?

My_name_is_Rob
08-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Sounds interesting.

How often do ya play?
And how much is it for the season?

I would be down for something.like this, depending on school this year. :D

TurboMedic
08-02-2012, 07:20 PM
What league and division?

Sorath
08-03-2012, 01:40 AM
interested, send me a pm with details

r3ccOs
08-03-2012, 08:00 AM
interested... pm me

ae92gts
08-03-2012, 08:04 AM
pm'd

got_mike33
08-03-2012, 09:59 AM
I'd be down too, send me a pm with deets!

hamkered
08-03-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm interested.

s3v3n
08-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Hey guys thanks for all the interest. I think that I have emailed/pm'd everyone that posted or msg'd me. If I missed anyone, let me know (sorry!).

For those wondering, we play in HNA. Have been playing in this league for a few seasons and it is pretty solid. We usually play in one of the last couple divs, but for those familiar with the different leagues, HNA also tends to have a bit better level of play than many other leagues. HNA also has a lot of teams so the divs are quite evenly matched which is nice.

There will always be a spread of skill levels within the team, but if you're used to playing competitively in the top 2/3rds of the divs, you will probably be a bit bored (or a superstar haha) at the level we play at :)

bourge73
08-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Im def. Interested in playing again. D man here!

civicrider
08-10-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm already on a team but wouldn't mind a little more ice time. If you could use a part time player or a spare let me know

got_mike33
08-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Definitely interested, PM replied too!

vtec
08-10-2012, 05:26 PM
sorry to jack the thread,

but i need a goalie to join my team. CAHL weeknight
div E

pm me

TYMSMNY
08-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Usually how many players per side? guessing if it's a league, what's it capped at? Don't know too much about leagues therefore the Qs.

Thanks.

Interested by the way. :D

s3v3n
08-12-2012, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by bourge73
Im def. Interested in playing again. D man here!
dmen are great! especially because i am terrible on d haha
pm'd ya

Originally posted by civicrider
I'm already on a team but wouldn't mind a little more ice time. If you could use a part time player or a spare let me know
yeah that might work! pm'd ya

Originally posted by got_mike33
Definitely interested, PM replied too!
replied!

Originally posted by TYMSMNY
Usually how many players per side? guessing if it's a league, what's it capped at? Don't know too much about leagues therefore the Qs.

Thanks.

Interested by the way. :D
I actually don't know if there is a cap. I have played on teams with what felt like a LOT of players... like 20-25+. The problem is that you dont get any icetime when the teams are huge (or space on the bench... or space in the locker room haha).

I never felt like I was really in the game when I only got 1-2 shits per period.

Because our team is able to control our own roster, I try to keep the number of players down. Around 15 full-time players means that you have at most 3 lines available for any given game which gets everyone lots of icetime.

Anyway, that's the idea with this team :)

s3v3n
08-31-2013, 09:37 AM
Bumping this back up...

Winter season is starting up again in Sept and I have room for a couple more players this season. Lemme know if you're interested.

got_mike33
09-05-2013, 10:29 AM
And you'll get lots of ice time cause s3v3n never shows up on time....

s3v3n
09-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by got_mike33
And you'll get lots of ice time cause s3v3n never shows up on time....
If I came early and was on the ice for every warm-up I'd probably be too tired to finish the actual game :rofl:

s3v3n
10-08-2015, 02:30 PM
Bumping my old thread again! Need another Beyonder to play some hockey with us this season :thumbsup:

We had a player that needed to drop out so we now have another opening available on the team. Season has just started, but costs will be pro-rated for whoever fills the vacant spot.

Come play some hockey, get some exercise, and have some beers with an awesome group of guys!

PM or post if you are interested or have questions!

max_boost
10-08-2015, 04:40 PM
Details? Schedule?

s3v3n
10-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Details? Schedule?
30 regular season games + playoffs. We usually play about once/week on average. Games are in the evenings obviously. Rink locations are spread around town. Season just started and goes through until the Spring. No games over the holidays etc.

Since this season just started up, we are still playing seeding games. The full schedule for all of our regular season games won't be released until seeding is completed in case some teams change within the div etc.

This league is also no fighting (you'll get suspended/booted) and no hitting (although there is contact). League is run quite well and refs are pretty solid. Good parity within divisions.

Team itself is pretty laid back and everyone gets lots of icetime. Good group just there to have fun and joke around so it's pretty low pressure and nobody gets too bent out of shape. Still fairly competitive though, I think we came in 2nd last winter.

Hope that helps a bit? Let me know what else you'd like to know! Sorry I don't have a full schedule for all 30 games yet.

C_Dave45
10-18-2015, 11:09 AM
Curious about this league. Looked on their site and couldnt find info on the divisions. How come the Men's starts at Div 4? Is the lower number, the better the division?

How much per player is your team asking for? Did I read that right...about $10,000 per team to join??? How much sponsorship does the average team get?

I used to run two Mens leagues back in BC. One full-contact league and one non-contact league.

league fees were around $6,000 per team for 34 games plus playoffs. Three referee system (1 ref, 2 linesmen).
We even carried dental insurance for the players. (Of which I was mighty grateful to be a recipient!!) :angel: