PDA

View Full Version : shxt......!!!!!!!



Prelude
02-08-2004, 03:10 AM
i was driving my prelude on the nose hill.............and the road kinda of slippery......so when the light turned to green, i spin my tires at 1st and 2nd gears, and a cop's car follow me and pulled me over.....gave me 2 tickets....one is $172, another one is $402.....wtf......:whipped: .....
is anyone here know i will lose points on my license or not? if i dont pay it what will happen? its too much money for me......

Kaos
02-08-2004, 03:15 AM
if you dont pay it, you pay the consequences. Like hmm sum jail time? Go in talk to the judge explain your situation about how it was slippery out and nose hill is on a slant and you didnt mean for you to spin your tires.
He'll understand but you will need to pay the fine for sure.

ramminghard
02-08-2004, 03:18 AM
what is the $172 for?

The $402 is a stunting and you could probably get it reduced. from what i remember it is a big demerit ticket too.

FiveFreshFish
02-08-2004, 03:19 AM
What are the offences on the tickets?

ryder_23
02-08-2004, 03:26 AM
1 will be stunting = 6 demeritts
if its not stunting its driving with undo care and attention = 5 demeritts...both around same price so not too sure until you tell us more....

172 = not seatbelt maybe :dunno:

Prelude
02-08-2004, 03:55 AM
yeah.....one is stunting......$402
the other one is something produce INS, i cant really read his writting......

if i go to courtroom, if i win, will i still lose the points?

FiveFreshFish
02-08-2004, 04:17 AM
If you win, no points.

Is the $172 for failing to produce insurance?

Ben
02-08-2004, 04:35 AM
Well the stunting ticket is at least 3 demerit points (depends on the HSA Number on the ticket)

The Failure to produce ins. is no demerits points but are pretty cut and dry. I could see you getting the Stunting reduced to say a Noise violation ticket or something, no demerit points but is still 172 bucks. I'd say you're looking at 344 bucks in fines realisticly, but with no demerits.

Do a search for "prosecutor" lots of threads on this topic with some great info.

Foz
02-08-2004, 12:26 PM
WTH? You can get a stunting ticket for spinning your wheels when it's icy/snowing conditions out??

legereandrew4
02-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Foz
WTH? You can get a stunting ticket for spinning your wheels when it's icy/snowing conditions out??

I agree that is horibly retarded... dosnt even make noise... I woul dget a video camra and go to those lights and fild the million other cars spinning and present it to the judge....

Zero102
02-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Well, the lesson here is learn to winter drive. EASE it from a stop, and spinning your tires in second? go easy on it. And get some winter tires.
It's people who spin their tires that make the intersection icy for the next guy.
Now the tickets are a little steep, so try and get rid of the points, otherwise your insurance will be even more expensive.
The crown prosecutor is usually quite reasonable.

air_mikey
02-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
Well, the lesson here is learn to winter drive. EASE it from a stop, and spinning your tires in second? go easy on it. And get some winter tires.
:werd: when i see that the road is bad i usually start in second. dont want to make the roads even worse by spinning out.

Foz
02-08-2004, 04:33 PM
I've got winter tires and fortunately AWD so traction helps taking off. AWD doesn't do anything for stopping; the winter tires help for stopping though.

Now I'm wondering if the CPS will pull me over/fine for taking off at the intersections.. They should get winter tires themselves.

On another note, if I'm driving within the maximum speed limit under poor road conditions and my vehicle can handle it (driving normal without being aggressive), I heard it's possible CPS will pull you over and fine you for driving recklessly? :drama:

If that's the case, I'd like them to go and invest in AWD and winter tires and stop giving out tickets and do real Police service.

CPS is pretty lame compared to other larger Canadian municipalities.

5.9 R/T
02-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Foz
I've got winter tires and fortunately AWD so traction helps taking off. AWD doesn't do anything for stopping; the winter tires help for stopping though.

Now I'm wondering if the CPS will pull me over/fine for taking off at the intersections.. They should get winter tires themselves.

On another note, if I'm driving within the maximum speed limit under poor road conditions and my vehicle can handle it (driving normal without being aggressive), I heard it's possible CPS will pull you over and fine you for driving recklessly? :drama:

If that's the case, I'd like them to go and invest in AWD and winter tires and stop giving out tickets and do real Police service.

CPS is pretty lame compared to other larger Canadian municipalities.

A lot of CPS hating go on around here lately.

So Prelude spun his tires through two gears and got a ticket. Why would anyone spin their tires through two gears on ice when trying to go from a stop other then a 'stunting' type of action, unless he really really doesn't know how to drive? Deserved.

Then Prelude failed to produce insurance and got another ticket. I've been there. Pretty easy ticket to avoid really, but you feel stupid for not doing it. Deserved.

Wow CPS is really being unfair here, we should all write to our MLA's and aldermen. :rolleyes:

T5_X
02-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

So Prelude spun his tires through two gears and got a ticket. Why would anyone spin their tires through two gears on ice when trying to go from a stop other then a 'stunting' type of action, unless he really really doesn't know how to drive? Deserved.


WTF? It is damn near impossible to NOT spin your tires through 2 gears on a very limited traction/uphill launch with an open diff and non-winter tires (assuming that was the situation here).

Maybe the city should spend the money on more sanding rather than paying a cop to hand out retarded tickets and tying up the legal system.

richardchan2002
02-08-2004, 08:37 PM
The failure to produce ticket is a load of crap. Even the Crown Prosecutor thought so when I went to see him. The CP told me that a lot of cops hate giving them out too since they had nothing to do with setting the increased fines, but they still need to fill their quota.

rice_eater
02-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by T5_X


WTF? It is damn near impossible to NOT spin your tires through 2 gears on a very limited traction/uphill launch with an open diff and non-winter tires (assuming that was the situation here).


i could do it just fine in my neon with cheap ass stock tires on :dunno: and it's not like it's completely gutless either :devil:

angierideswitme
02-08-2004, 09:52 PM
still, you'll get off, I lit my tires up through first second and third(like just smoke everywhere, lol), got a stunting ticket, I went to where I worked and got a receipt for a new clutch, and new tires, then i got prove I had the vehicule for less then a month, and Had been drving for less then a month. then I got a picture of the Road where i spun my tires (the road was brand new and had lots of rocks on it from a driveway) and took it to court, judge looked at all my evidence and threw the ticket out, didn't even talk to the officer!

:poosie: :poosie: :rofl:

Foz
02-08-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

So Prelude spun his tires through two gears and got a ticket. Why would anyone spin their tires through two gears on ice when trying to go from a stop other then a 'stunting' type of action, unless he really really doesn't know how to drive? Deserved.


Okay, I agree if he was doing a burn out, then he deserves what he gets. However, I'm saying if it was slippery (which is quite common with most intersections after it snows), he shouldn't be pulled over for that.

I definately don't want to be fined or pulled over just because my wheels were spinning on ice/snow.





Then Prelude failed to produce insurance and got another ticket. I've been there. Pretty easy ticket to avoid really, but you feel stupid for not doing it. Deserved.



100% agreed.

5.9 R/T
02-09-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by T5_X


WTF? It is damn near impossible to NOT spin your tires through 2 gears on a very limited traction/uphill launch with an open diff and non-winter tires (assuming that was the situation here).

Maybe the city should spend the money on more sanding rather than paying a cop to hand out retarded tickets and tying up the legal system.



Originally posted by Foz


Okay, I agree if he was doing a burn out, then he deserves what he gets. However, I'm saying if it was slippery (which is quite common with most intersections after it snows), he shouldn't be pulled over for that.

I definately don't want to be fined or pulled over just because my wheels were spinning on ice/snow.



My point is this; if he had spun a little through first and a little through second the cop shouldn't have given him a ticket. But in all likely hood he lit them up all through first and probably most, if not all, of second to get that ticket.

I can understand a little wheel spin, especially in low gears at throttle tip in but come on, spinning all the way through first and second doesn't deserve a ticket just because it was icy? Normal people let up on the gas when their wheels spin on ice. Whats next, he didn't deserve the ticket cause he had bald tires??? :rolleyes:

t3rry
02-09-2004, 09:30 AM
take the tickets, goto court, tell the gudge your story, mot liekly he will make you pay the $$$ but will waive the points just because you took it to court.

T5_X
02-09-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

My point is this; if he had spun a little through first and a little through second the cop shouldn't have given him a ticket. But in all likely hood he lit them up all through first and probably most, if not all, of second to get that ticket.

I can understand a little wheel spin, especially in low gears at throttle tip in but come on, spinning all the way through first and second doesn't deserve a ticket just because it was icy? Normal people let up on the gas when their wheels spin on ice. Whats next, he didn't deserve the ticket cause he had bald tires??? :rolleyes:

True, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here.

And normal people don't let off the gas when thier tires spin, normal people are retards :rofl:

Zero102
02-09-2004, 10:10 PM
I thought I was going to be alone on that comment.
I drive up slippery hills all the time, as soon as your tires slip, let off a bit and they will grab again. You get going MUCH faster if you keep traction. I think it is more likely that you just kept on the gas trying to get going because you saw a cop in the mirror.

Prelude
02-10-2004, 05:43 PM
lol
thx all u guys
today i went to downtown and talked to DA
and the most wonderful thing is that cop didnt put the court date on!!!!hahaha.....they said this stunting ticket is automatic gone.....dont need to pay and dont lose the points......
so lucky....
and the INS problem ticket i need to pay it, but i only need to pay $60 cuz i dont waste their time and i dont go to the court.

thx all u guys again.

cman
02-10-2004, 08:59 PM
just wondering prelude, what intersection was it at and were you heading northbound or southbound?
if at nosehill and crowfoot way heading northbound then i, and anyone else familiar with the area will agree, that intersection is slippery as fuck. go from stop to start on a fairly steep hill on a road that handles a fair bit of traffic.

Prelude
02-10-2004, 09:28 PM
i dont know its north or south....:D
i was going go YMCA place....
and from silver spring......

missblondie
02-10-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by EacydeLude
:english: are you 12 years old??? gees.. I think you made the whole thing up and not to mention... :whocares:

what a waste of time... how many post do we need on this juvenile shit... really?? What happened to the idea of creating a separate forum for "TEENS". This is one of the reasons I dont "visit" very often..... .

he is asking because maybe someone on this forum has gone through the same thing... and it is a good way to get advice. isn't that what this forum is for:dunno:

Prelude
02-11-2004, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by EacydeLude
:english: are you 12 years old??? gees.. I think you made the whole thing up and not to mention... :whocares:

what a waste of time... how many post do we need on this juvenile shit... really?? What happened to the idea of creating a separate forum for "TEENS". This is one of the reasons I dont "visit" very often..... .

i have been in canada only for 1yr.....thats why....

403Gemini
02-11-2004, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Prelude


i have been in canada only for 1yr.....thats why....

why come here if you cant :english: ? sorry but thats my opinion.

if you spin your tires so harshly in 1st gear and decide to put it in 2nd and gun it and still get no traction, well my friend you need to learn how to winter drive. until you do this, please stay off the roads cause i dont like the intersections gettin big holes in them or polishing up the ice for the guys behind you. its assholes like you that tie up intersections so only 1-2 cars get through.

(sorry im bitchy its late and ive been up since 6:00 am lol im going to bed)

SPEC_CELICA
02-25-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Prelude
i was driving my prelude on the nose hill.............and the road kinda of slippery......so when the light turned to green, i spin my tires at 1st and 2nd gears, and a cop's car follow me and pulled me over.....gave me 2 tickets....one is $172, another one is $402.....wtf......:whipped: .....
is anyone here know i will lose points on my license or not? if i dont pay it what will happen? its too much money for me......


Go to court and talk to the Judge...Dress nice and look presentable...by making an effort and explaining the situation you might be able to get the demerits taken off or if your really lucky the fines could be reduced...depending if your a student...Go for sympathy...But dont cry...the video camera thing would be a good idea...doing that little extra research for yourself could help you out and it wouldnt hurt....dont be lazy unless you really want to pay the fines...which I dont think you do. Good luck