PDA

View Full Version : Exterior home painter recommendation

The_Penguin
08-03-2012, 05:39 PM
I need some trim painted on a 2 storey home. Most of the ground-level work is done, just need the high stuff done.

Can anyone recommend a company?

Thanks.

alissayoung03
08-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Maxx Mazda
08-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Friend of mine works for 1-800-WOW-1DAY

Try them.

Tripz
08-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Let me know if the above mention is good and reasonably priced. Looking to get mine done as well!

phreezee
08-27-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm in the same boat. Still have the paint too. What do they charge for just the very top part if you also supply the paint?

codetrap
08-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Why not rent a cherry picker for a day and finish it yourself. Probably will be cheaper than hiring someone else.

The_Rural_Juror
08-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Same here. Also looking for interior painters.

InRich
08-28-2012, 10:35 AM
never seen so many fucking cheapo's... so let me get this straight... you guys paint the bottom half of your houses (LOL), leave the upper half unpainted (LOL again), cause your either too lazy, or too cheap to buy a decent ladder, and expect a good and reputable company to come out to FIRST give you an estimate, have you think it over, AND plz make sure you get a few more, just incase someone costs 100 bucks more then the guy before, and then come back and spray the rest of your home? you guys are seriously pathetic! If any of you called me, I'd laugh at you, i'd make sure to get a really good laugh at your expense too, make you feel like a fucking idiot on the phone, and then hang up cause your wasting my time. buncha beyond clowns...

ExtraSlow
08-28-2012, 11:14 AM
For the first time I can recall, I'm going to agree with InRich.
If you want your house painted by a professional, get your whole house painted by a professional with the paint proveded by the professional.
No reputable professional I can think of would be intrested in painted half a house with paint that they can't trust.

codetrap
08-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by InRich
never seen so many fucking cheapo's... so let me get this straight... you guys paint the bottom half of your houses (LOL), leave the upper half unpainted (LOL again), cause your either too lazy, or too cheap to buy a decent ladder, and expect a good and reputable company to come out to FIRST give you an estimate, have you think it over, AND plz make sure you get a few more, just incase someone costs 100 bucks more then the guy before, and then come back and spray the rest of your home? you guys are seriously pathetic! If any of you called me, I'd laugh at you, i'd make sure to get a really good laugh at your expense too, make you feel like a fucking idiot on the phone, and then hang up cause your wasting my time. buncha beyond clowns... Sorry. I was working on painting the top level of my house but the ladder failed and I fell. Unfortunately I broke my hip so I'm in a wheelchair now until I can heal enough for the hip replacement surgery. The wife is absolutely terrified of heights, so she's unable to do it. I would really like to get the house finished before winter.

codetrap
08-28-2012, 01:52 PM
InRich: This is where you delete your post, and put a comment saying "Sorry, I'm a fucking tool for spouting stupid shit when I have idea of the circumstances of the posters."

Oh, and I'm fine. I just wanted to make a point.

InRich
08-28-2012, 03:09 PM
^ u sound upset... simmer down, at the end of the day I'm still gonna laugh at you.

codetrap
08-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by InRich
^ u sound upset... simmer down, at the end of the day I'm still gonna laugh at disabled people. I'm not upset, I'm disappointed. I figured that you had more class than that. Sorry, my mistake.

phreezee
08-28-2012, 07:40 PM
I don't mind, when someone points it out that way, it does seem a bit silly.

To put it into perspective, I was quoted $1300 to do my house. I bought the paint for <$200 and completed 93.333% of it. The section I couldn't do isn't safe to get a ladder to, and now that codetrap mentions it, a cherry picker is probably the only way. So if saving over $1100 is considered cheap, then yes, I'm cheap.

So thanks codetrap, I will take your advice and get a cherry picker to finish the job. :thumbsup:

codetrap
08-28-2012, 10:35 PM
No worries m8. Always glad to help.

GTS4tw
08-29-2012, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by phreezee
I don't mind, when someone points it out that way, it does seem a bit silly.

To put it into perspective, I was quoted $1300 to do my house. I bought the paint for &lt;$200 and completed 93.333% of it. The section I couldn't do isn't safe to get a ladder to, and now that codetrap mentions it, a cherry picker is probably the only way. So if saving over $1100 is considered cheap, then yes, I'm cheap.

So thanks codetrap, I will take your advice and get a cherry picker to finish the job. :thumbsup:

What part of the job do you think constitutes most of the $1300....

You must not have a lot of trim, I average $2500 for trim alone on an average 2 storey with hardy plank walls.

Im with Inrich on this one...

ExtraSlow
08-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I still don't think codetrap has really made any point.

Still sticking with InRich here. Reputable companies don't normally work with customer supplied material or accept jobs when the homeowner has done the first half himself.
That also goes for electricians, framers, drywallers and roofers.

lilmira
08-29-2012, 08:58 AM
Don't you need to have an operator's ticket to use a boom lift/cherry picker? Just curious.

InRich
08-29-2012, 10:29 AM
One time this guy called me to paint the trim on his house... This was my 2nd year in business, so I did want the job, but this house looked like shit. the stucco was blue, trim was moldy, flaking and peeling everywhere... So I told him straight up on the drive way.

"ya know I'd love to paint the trim on your house, but it all honesty, your wasting your money, cause the rest of your house looks like shit"

haha swear, I said that exact line... Guy looks at me and awe, I can tell hes never been talked to like that before. looks at me, looks at his house, and asks me how much. We signed the contract right there. haha.

Today when people call me to paint the window trim on their houses I tell em, its not worth my time, and politely tell them to find another company.

JRSC00LUDE
08-29-2012, 10:38 AM
InRich is right, his delivery just leaves something to be desired. Call College Pro paingint because that's about the only outfit you're going to get other than some drunk who works out of his van..... :nut:

dirtsniffer
05-07-2019, 01:21 PM
bunch of LOL in this thread.

But, my window trim is flaking pretty good on most windows and there a few that are quite hard to get to, definitely outside my comfort zone.

Who should I use?

phreezee
05-07-2019, 02:57 PM
Wow, quite the bump. To update, I ended up buying an extension pole and finished the job myself. (Was $72 when I bought it. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00187362I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

nj2Type-S
05-07-2019, 03:36 PM
bunch of LOL in this thread.

But, my window trim is flaking pretty good on most windows and there a few that are quite hard to get to, definitely outside my comfort zone.

Who should I use?

PM'd!

dirtsniffer
05-09-2019, 08:15 PM
Is it normal that college pro would want to wear a harness on the garage roof to paint some second story windows? They would have to drill into through the shingles which seems weird to me.

ExtraSlow
05-09-2019, 08:36 PM
Is it normal that college pro would want to wear a harness on the garage roof to paint some second story windows? They would have to drill into through the shingles which seems weird to me. Well, I don't think most trades bother, but the law says heights of 3m or more require fall arrests, so yeah, they are following the law. Best bet to avoid that is to find a sketchier company I guess.