PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing Car Parts for EG

AA2001
08-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Hey guys,

So I've owned a few modified cars in my day and have always been able to use a single source for all car my car parts. These 2 web sites were perfect for me. Descent pricing with good delivery time.

WRX - http://www.rallysportdirect.com/
Jetta VR6 - http://www.ecstuning.com/

I've owned an EG before but never needed to buy anything extra because the previous owner (94_S14) had impressively modified the car to be perfect. Nothing was ever needed.

Now that I've purchased another EG, I've been looking on the internet and found a whole bunch of sites with different pricing, different shipping dates, different everything! :banghead:

Where do most honda tuners buy their parts? I need a few specific things to start out with.

Shifter Bushings
Oil Pan D16
Carbon Fiber trunk and hatch
Brembo Blank rotors with PBR Pads

Just wondering where people are buying there parts and if they have any tips for me.

Thanks everyone!

JAARemedy
08-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Speed Options can get most of that stuff for you. Not to mention they know their Hondas pretty well too.

Mopac believe it or not can also get you most of the performance parts you need (Not too sure, but I dont believe they specialize in aero parts.)

Dont expect them to source you ebay junk though. (ie sickspeed, BWR, etc.) Most of the time, I come with the PN in hand and they'll have in stock or can get it within a couple days.

Ive purchased everything from rotors, padsr bushings, extended lug studs, fluids, etc from them. They would be of the more reputable brands as well, such as Hawk, Brembo, ATE, engergy suspension, earls, Moroso, etc whatever you need.

EDIT:
If youre looking for more of the "JDM" stuff and want to shop online, websites that come to mind are Weksos, JHPUSA, password jdm, THmotorsports and vividracing. Those last two vendors have a greater scope of supply though IMO. They tend to carry more of the reputable brands where you wouldnt necessarily find password jdm stuff on their website.

AA2001
08-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Awesome! I'm gonna start looking at these sites to see if i can find what i need. Thanks JAARemedy!