PDA

View Full Version : New Protein Shake idea (i'm addicted)

Dumbass17
08-08-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm not a huge fan of coffee but around 230pm at work everyday I find myself hungry AND needing a little boost.

So lately i've been making a protein coffee shake.

i use about 1.5scoops of chocolate protein powder, with about a half cup of water, shake that up, then add ice, and then use the coffee Nespresso machine at work with those capsule things and i add a capsule of it to my concoction and shake again. they're very good!

also at home, for brekky some days i'll have just a shake.
half a banana, protein powder, tsp of peanut butter, frozen berries (blue and rasp) ice, water (instead of milk) oats and a tsp of coffee grounds, throw into a magic bullet for a few seconds and i can drink it on the way to work.
BOOM

just thought i'd share..take it or leave it:poosie:

Pacman
08-18-2012, 09:34 AM
I usually toss some All Bran Buds in my shake each morning. I let them soak for a few minutes as they tend to blend better.

davidI
08-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Nice. Sounds good.

I just started juicing this week (hear me out..)

Veg Juice Shakes. Loads of broccoli, carrots, cucumber plus usually a banana or apple & pomegranate & lemon juice. I don't have any whey with me now (I'm in Dubai for work and shit is insanely expensive here) but the veg shakes for lunch have been pretty good.

jaysas_63
08-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
I'm not a huge fan of coffee but around 230pm at work everyday I find myself hungry AND needing a little boost.

So lately i've been making a protein coffee shake.

i use about 1.5scoops of chocolate protein powder, with about a half cup of water, shake that up, then add ice, and then use the coffee Nespresso machine at work with those capsule things and i add a capsule of it to my concoction and shake again. they're very good!

also at home, for brekky some days i'll have just a shake.
half a banana, protein powder, tsp of peanut butter, frozen berries (blue and rasp) ice, water (instead of milk) oats and a tsp of coffee grounds, throw into a magic bullet for a few seconds and i can drink it on the way to work.
BOOM

just thought i'd share..take it or leave it:poosie:

i do something similar:

in my magic bullet i blend 1.5-2 scoops of protein, 2 tsp of instant coffee, frozen strawberries, half banana, and fill the cup with skim milk. tasty and great pre/post workout drink!