PDA

View Full Version : How to Fight "All Show and No Go"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

scboss
08-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Well as requested by a bunch of beyonders I will be starting a thread dedicated to my training over the next while. Feel free to ask any questions or tips fitness related

My original goal was to get jacked as shit Period (2008-2009), i could care less about strength, cardio, flexibility etc.

I was a mere 160 lbs and at 6'2 I was literally a twig head to toe. I can actually remember a time when my wrist was the same size as my bicep/tricep :bigpimp:

I did the dumbest routines off of bodybuilding.com for at least 2 years before I discovered the bread and butter. Dorian Yates blood and guts. It was the first time I got some serious gains, I was hooked. Then I plateaued hard.

In pure desperation I actually went and took the PFT program out of mount royal, not to be a personal trainer but to better my own knowledge. I was sick of gimmicks, BS trainers and shitty ass 'Gym Rat' Knowledge. Little did I know it would lead me into an awesome career.

From university to now I went from 180-205 (1 year) all from my own programs and trial/error. This is me from beginning (08-09) all the way up to 3 months ago.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4417/beforeafterm.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/beforeafterm.png/)

I thought I had good results but I was easily mistaken. Why? Because my goals had changed.
Awesome I look big now what? haha maybe it was out of shear boredom but I needed a change. I hated seeing myself as that guy, benching 2 plates but unable to squat 2 plates ass to grass, having so many weaknesses. Fast forward 3 months

Current Goals
Get Strong as Shit
Get heavy as Shit
Stay Ripped
Maybe get a tan hahahahaha

Current Stats as of August 16th According to my new revised Program

Flat Bench 230x5
DB Row 80x8
Dips 10
Back Squat 200x5
Power Clean 135x3
Shoulder Press 125x4
Pullups 25 lbsx5
Hang Clean 105x6
Deadlift 285x3 305x1 (grip failure)
Front Squat 170x4
Stay tuned!

Update as of dec 13

Back Squat 260x3
Power Clean 195x3
Deadlift 350x2
Bench Press 250x3 (tested 3 weeks ago)
DB Row 120x8

Been doing ALOT of grip training stay tuned.

scboss
08-09-2012, 12:03 AM
Also here is a taste of what ive been doing now
Sumo Deadlift
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2904/sumodeadlift315.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/sumodeadlift315.jpg/)

My back after a couple months of olympic lifting
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4662/trainingpic1.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/trainingpic1.jpg/)

eglove
08-09-2012, 12:21 AM
No matter what this will come out gay (but no homo). But finally a "build" thread with before/after shots. That's what provides the motivation IMO, more than the weightxreps going up and omg quinoa and Greek yogurt is the bomb diggity.

scboss
08-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by eglove
No matter what this will come out gay (but no homo). But finally a "build" thread with before/after shots. That's what provides the motivation IMO, more than the weightxreps going up and omg quinoa and Greek yogurt is the bomb diggity.

Yeah keep in mind that they are using the threads to motivate themselves and hold themselves accountable. I think its great when they post meals because it shows how hard they are working because eating is half if not more of the battle. Most people dont have before and afters haha why? Because they quit.

My only motivation comes from myself. If im not being educated or training my body I feel like im wasting time. Some people spend thousands on shit to make them happy. Why the hell would you not spend time to make yourself, the very thing you are everyday the shit? It blows my mind

scboss
08-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Im still in my break week from heavy lifting. My workout today was

3x8 Deadlift (just 135)
200 Pushups
100 Pullups
100 Jump squats

Ab curcuit
20 leg raises
20 oblique Crunches (per side)
20 situps
20 bicycles (per side)
20 knee tucks
x5 rounds equalling 700 reps :barf:

Cannot wait for monday to start lifting heavy again. Im periodizing 4 weeks on 1 week off to allow my CNS to recover!

KRyn
08-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Can you post the program you plan to follow for the next 4 weeks of your heavy block?

liquidboi69
08-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Damn you take a deload after 4 weeks? Must be going SUPER heavy in those 4 weeks. I don't really think u need to deload, I've done 6 months of periodized 3's without burning out until I started doing circa max stuff with bands/suited work.

scboss
08-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
Can you post the program you plan to follow for the next 4 weeks of your heavy block?

Originally posted by liquidboi69
Damn you take a deload after 4 weeks? Must be going SUPER heavy in those 4 weeks. I don't really think u need to deload, I've done 6 months of periodized 3's without burning out until I started doing circa max stuff with bands/suited work.

Monday
Clean/Jerk 5x3
Weighted Pullups 5x5
Overhead Squats 3x8-10
Incline DB Press 3x8-10
Close Grip Pushups/rev Curl 3x8-10

Tuesday
Burpees
Turkish Getups
3 way glute ham raise
Cardio

Wednsday
Front Squat 3x5
Clean Low Pulls 3x3
Flat Bench 5x5
DB Rows 4x15-20 (workin the grip)
Face Pulls/ Tricep Pushdown 3x8-10

Thursday
Big Slams
Good Mornings
Ab Curcuit
Cardio

Friday
Deadlift 3x5
Push Press 3x5
Back Squats 4x8-10
Lat Pulldown 3x8-10
Dips/EZ curl Bar 3x8-10

Saturday
Prowler Sled
Glute Ham Developer
3 way plank
Cardio

Plus I have a couple 2adays because of Muay Thai
This is why I deload every 4-6 weeks haha

Edit
updated reps/sets
Breaks are 2min main lifts/ 1:30 for secondary stuff

liquidboi69
08-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Well Tuesday's just a cardio day, Thursdays basically an assistance day, Saturday is another assistance/cardio day.

You are really only lifting heavy 3 times/week, and depending on what your percentages are...you should be ok. I lift 5 days a week on the power lifts, for three hours, up to 90% x 3, and there's some weeks where I run 7k or I swim for an hour.

Don't underestimate what your body can handle, most people don't ever reach the point of overtrianing.

KRyn
08-09-2012, 02:23 PM
How do you define "strong as shit"? In my opinion your program has way too many things going on for you to ever get strong. Will your strength increase? Of course, will programming like that make you strong... doubtful.

lint
08-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by warcaster
Clean and Jerk 115x8 (still working on form)

sets of 8 with the quick lifts will most likely hurt your form, form suffers as you fatigue. go with 8x1 or 4x2 or 3x3

From university to now I went from 180-205 (1 year) all from my own programs and trial/error.

Also curious about this point. With all the tried and true, tested beginners programs out there (starting strength, various 5x5s etc) why waste a year of trial and error on your own programs?

Darkane
08-09-2012, 02:36 PM
LiquidBoi69 and KRyn are the "Strong as shit" guys on here.

I'd listen to them.

Also, Warcaster this is where I got my Prowler - You were looking for one eh?

I got mine from UFgyms:

http://www.ultimatefitnessgyms.com/catalog/item/5128211/5217534.htm

It's pricey, but cheaper than EliteFTS. They wanted to charge me 300 bucks for shipping.

If you can look up build spec sheets online and take it to welder friend or metal shop. They will be able to build one for cheap. And you can custom tailor it to fit in your civic.

liquidboi69
08-09-2012, 02:37 PM
In my opinion, you need less cardio, more heavy lifting, less "I'm gonna overtrain" mindset.

If you're scared of frying your CNS, just do some linear prioritization, or conjugate your exercise selection and do heavy stuff.

Have some structure to your program more than just the [shoulders/back/legs/chest] routine you got going on everyday + half your days being cardio. Exercise selection should be based off of your weaknesses when you're doing strength training...not the generic bodybuilding bodypart exercise selections. Identify muscular weaknesses, write a program that will strengthen those weaknesses.

Also, you say you want to be strong. But in what way? Olympic lifting/powerlifting/functional strongman type? If you want to be strong...you have to be strong at SOMETHING. The thing you'll find about strength is it's very specific to movements. And if you aren't specializing your movements and trying to be overall strong...I guess that would be considered strongman type strong. But understand that you will never be a good of oly lifter or pl'er unless you specialize your strengths and techniques to specific lifts. You can still be good, but you won't be as good.

If you're gonna be good overall strongman style, do all the lifts (shoulder press, deadlift, bench, squat, oly lifts.) One lift a day, go heavy on them as long as your forms good, do assistance based off of your weaknesses on those lifts. If you really want, do cardio after. Periodize based off max's/form.

Also thx Darkane lol. We are still getting our asses handed to us though in competitions. 205lbers squatting and deadlifting 700lb in the IPF single ply...

KRyn
08-09-2012, 03:01 PM
In my opinion, you need less cardio, more heavy lifting, less "I'm gonna overtrain" mindset.

If you're scared of frying your CNS, just do some linear prioritization, or conjugate your exercise selection and do heavy stuff.

Agreed, if you actually want to get strong you have to lift heavy ass weights day in and day out. You need to work as heavy and as hard as you can for the next year and actually attempt to over train. For the average gym goer over training is impossible. The only things you will ever really over train (or beat up) are your tendons, joints, ligaments and maybe your CNS (you can only be so lucky). Over training of muscles is impossible in my opinion. In order to move heavy weight and become strong you have to have an excellent support system in place. Stop wasting your time with fruity ass exercises and pick up some heavy shit.

scboss
08-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
LiquidBoi69 and KRyn are the "Strong as shit" guys on here.

I'd listen to them.

Also, Warcaster this is where I got my Prowler - You were looking for one eh?

I got mine from UFgyms:

http://www.ultimatefitnessgyms.com/catalog/item/5128211/5217534.htm

It's pricey, but cheaper than EliteFTS. They wanted to charge me 300 bucks for shipping.

If you can look up build spec sheets online and take it to welder friend or metal shop. They will be able to build one for cheap. And you can custom tailor it to fit in your civic.

Yeah I ended up getting a econo prowler for 200 bucks and man did it kick my ass last saturday. 40 yard sprints with 205 never felt so dirty.

This program has already been tested by me in the last 3 months and it has increased all of my lifts/endurance significantly. I never want to compete in lifting but when I play sports, go to wrestling or muay thai I want to be on another level.

I couldnt even do 20 burpees in a row 2 months ago lol now I can do 100 :thumbsup:

I found when doing 5x5 programs my cardio/muscular endurance took a huge hit. These programs also do not cater to my weakness's (bloody front/overhead squat) :facepalm:

Im still training on my break weeks mostly to give me a break mentally. 2 adays take its toll and I will not go down that route again. I focus on my mobility, flexibility and footwork during my break and re-assess my program.

Sorry forgot to include sets reps on my exercises haha will edit that.

Darkane
08-09-2012, 04:51 PM

I found when doing 5x5 programs my cardio/muscular endurance took a huge hit. These programs also do not cater to my weakness's (bloody front/overhead squat) :facepalm:

The Beauty now is you CAN focus on lifting while letting the Prowler take care of the conditioning.

Also your legs will explode from all the concentric pushing of the prowler.

Tip for Quads: buy Ropes or some sort of straps (I have EliteFTS Blast straps) and attach them to the front of the prowler. Pull it backwards in a 135 Deg crouched position for an insane VMO burn on the quads.

As for Overhead squatting, ditch it. Unless you plan to compete, and you don't, it's not worth it.

Instead focus all your attention on Front squatting (use a heels elevated on 10lb plateS) and back squatting (Could use Box squats to really hammer the posterior chain).

This this squat "split" you will make more over all 'squat' progress. The overhead just isn't worth it.

liquidboi69
08-09-2012, 04:52 PM
So your goals are actually not to be strong and heavy as shit, or to be good at lifts, but to be have good endurance, decent strength, and to be good at muay thai at wrestling then.

That is what you shoulda said to begin with if that's the case.

scboss
08-09-2012, 05:00 PM
So your goals are actually not to be strong and heavy as shit, or to be good at lifts, but to be have good endurance, decent strength, and to be good at muay thai at wrestling then.

That is what you shoulda said to begin with if that's the case.

My goal is long term. I will get strong as shit it will just take longer, in the end I want the big 3 to be at 2.5x my body weight. My goal is to be able to do this by time I'm 30 (I'm 27 now). I have 3 years and I think that's more then reasonable. In the last 3 months I've added

35lbs to my deadlift
40lbs to my squat
30lbs to my bench
35lbs to my overhead press

I guess your version of strong as shit and my version are 2 different things lol.
I can currently jog 10k with no issues and I'd like to keep it that way haha

scboss
08-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

The Beauty now is you CAN focus on lifting while letting the Prowler take care of the conditioning.

Also your legs will explode from all the concentric pushing of the prowler.

Tip for Quads: buy Ropes or some sort of straps (I have EliteFTS Blast straps) and attach them to the front of the prowler. Pull it backwards in a 135 Deg crouched position for an insane VMO burn on the quads.

As for Overhead squatting, ditch it. Unless you plan to compete, and you don't, it's not worth it.

Instead focus all your attention on Front squatting (use a heels elevated on 10lb plateS) and back squatting (Could use Box squats to really hammer the posterior chain).

This this squat "split" you will make more over all 'squat' progress. The overhead just isn't worth it.

I'm just doing overhead squats till I get rid o the pain in my hips from flexibility issues.

I got the rope and a harness with my sled. I tried everything on the weekend, the low push bar was by far the worse thing I have felt in a long time. I gotta get it welded tho cuz I think the shitty bolts are gonna snap if I go over 300 pounds.

Gonna hit this program 4 weeks. If I start plateauing 5x5 here I come :thumbsup:

liquidboi69
08-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Well i was just confused, because you said you wanted to be heavy/strong as shit on your original post. Then you said you are running away from strength programs like 5x5 because your endurance suffers, and that you're excited that you can do 5x the amount of burpees now.

Looks like you mentality is more so 'fit' as shit, not strong as shit. Everyone can make progress at first doing everything, eventually there's only so much you can do, and you'll have to specialize to make it to the next level. Sure you might get stronger AND fitter with newb gains, but you won't be as strong OR as purely fit as you could be specializing on your goals. But I guess i misunderstood your goals as pure strength because it sounded like it on your original post.

And yes I think the majority of the population doesn't understand how strong people out there are.
Unless you are squatting 2.5x BW, benching 1.5x BW, and deadlifting 3x BW like many many people out there...I wouldn't consider it strong. Especially if it's your sport.

scboss
08-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Dbl post

scboss
08-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Well i was just confused, because you said you wanted to be heavy/strong as shit on your original post. Then you said you are running away from strength programs like 5x5 because your endurance suffers, and that you're excited that you can do 5x the amount of burpees now.

Looks like you mentality is more so 'fit' as shit, not strong as shit. Everyone can make progress at first doing everything, eventually there's only so much you can do, and you'll have to specialize to make it to the next level. Sure you might get stronger AND fitter with newb gains, but you won't be as strong OR as purely fit as you could be specializing on your goals. But I guess i misunderstood your goals as pure strength because it sounded like it on your original post.

And yes I think the majority of the population doesn't understand how strong people out there are.
Unless you are squatting 2.5x BW, benching 1.5x BW, and deadlifting 3x BW like many many people out there...I wouldn't consider it strong. Especially if it's your sport.

Yeah I hear ya. Trust me I know my body well, when I plateau I will switch it up. I'm coming off a massive amount of bodybuilding so I'm just trying to get myself to the next level. Once my newb gains disappear I will be done with this.

BB killed my conditioning hard, consider this more my base phase. Once my mobility is 100% and I have more time to hit the prowler sled on weekdays I'm gonna be changing my program up.

I agree with everything your saying tho. Definitely in my future plans to strap down and focus mainly on strength.

scboss
08-09-2012, 05:55 PM
So this is me as of this morning when I got into work. Im weighing in between 198-205 everyday.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6544/photowzq.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/photowzq.jpg/)

Biggest difference is my traps feel like they are exploding haha. None of my dress shirts fit anymore lol. This is with me eating 4000 calories a day.

scboss
08-10-2012, 12:35 AM

Have some structure to your program more than just the [shoulders/back/legs/chest] routine you got going on everyday + half your days being cardio. Exercise selection should be based off of your weaknesses when you're doing strength training...not the generic bodybuilding bodypart exercise selections. Identify muscular weaknesses, write a program that will strengthen those weaknesses.

Also, you say you want to be strong. But in what way? Olympic lifting/powerlifting/functional strongman type? If you want to be strong...you have to be strong at SOMETHING. The thing you'll find about strength is it's very specific to movements. And if you aren't specializing your movements and trying to be overall strong...I guess that would be considered strongman type strong. But understand that you will never be a good of oly lifter or pl'er unless you specialize your strengths and techniques to specific lifts. You can still be good, but you won't be as good.

If you're gonna be good overall strongman style, do all the lifts (shoulder press, deadlift, bench, squat, oly lifts.) One lift a day, go heavy on them as long as your forms good, do assistance based off of your weaknesses on those lifts. If you really want, do cardio after. Periodize based off max's/form.

Also thx Darkane lol. We are still getting our asses handed to us though in competitions. 205lbers squatting and deadlifting 700lb in the IPF single ply...

Man you got me thinking all day haha. You are right I should focus on my weakness's more and like you guys said lift heavy shit and stop messing around.

I think like darkane said now that I have my prowler sled I have to let it take care of my conditioning. Thanks for the advice guys I definitely feel I have to focus more on getting to work and making my weakness's my strengths.

I think the biggest thing i need to work on are
Glute/Ham/Lower Back development
Upper Back Stability (deadlift)
Knee/Hip Stability (squats)
Grip (deadlifts)
Overall "Solid" core strength

Based of of this I think this is looking better

Back Squat 5x5
Cleans 5x3
Romainian Deadlift 3x6-8
Glute Ham Raise 3x6-8
Ab Wheel Rollouts 3x20

Overhead Press 5x5
Weighted Pullups 5x5
Hang Clean 3x6-8
Bicep Curls 3x6-8
Anti Rotation (cable) 3x15sec per side

Prowler Sled

Deadlifts 5x3
Front Squat 5x5
Good Mornings 3x5
Split Squats 3x8(per side)
One Arm Farmers Walks 4x30 yrds

Bench Press 5x5
DB Rows 5x10
Dips 3xmax
Face Pulls 3x6-8
Farmer Walks 4x30 yrds

Prowler sled

Sundays off

LMK what you guys think I should change. I am starting this monday and I am gonna destroy whatever is put in front of me.
Thanks again guys made me focus on what I really need to accomplish in these next few months. Gotta get rid of that bodybuilding mentality (minus the bicep curls):D

liquidboi69
08-10-2012, 03:27 AM
That program looks ALOT better in my opinion. Don't see anything really wrong with it in a strength standpoint. You'll get way stronger on that compared to what you had initially.

Now just focus on form and periodizing, exercise selection looks good. Unless you're still making mad gains where you can go up in weight weekly, make a periodized % program (something where you will hit a big PR only on the fourth week), and make sure you have good form.

Ya like you guys are saying, farmers walks/prowler will be enough cardio. If you wanna add more cardio, you can also do more assistance, and circuit it (minor movements like abs/rotator cuff exercises/arms/low back etc)

PS: Stay flexible while doing strength training!! Don't lose your mobility as you gain muscle/make sure you have enough mobility to perfect technique/be in good lifting positions.

scboss
08-10-2012, 01:24 PM
That program looks ALOT better in my opinion. Don't see anything really wrong with it in a strength standpoint. You'll get way stronger on that compared to what you had initially.

Now just focus on form and periodizing, exercise selection looks good. Unless you're still making mad gains where you can go up in weight weekly, make a periodized % program (something where you will hit a big PR only on the fourth week), and make sure you have good form.

Ya like you guys are saying, farmers walks/prowler will be enough cardio. If you wanna add more cardio, you can also do more assistance, and circuit it (minor movements like abs/rotator cuff exercises/arms/low back etc)

PS: Stay flexible while doing strength training!! Don't lose your mobility as you gain muscle/make sure you have enough mobility to perfect technique/be in good lifting positions.

Yeah mobility/flexibility is my key to staying injury free and it is one of my main focus's now. I've been testing my Olympic lifting shoes this week and man has it ever made a huge difference in my squat.

403Gemini
08-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Awesome work Warcaster! Some hard work for sure and glad you found a program working for you! Always motivational to see these before and after shots

scboss
08-10-2012, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Awesome work Warcaster! Some hard work for sure and glad you found a program working for you! Always motivational to see these before and after shots

Thanks man. Hard work always pays off.

So I got bored tonight and did my day 4 so I wouldnt screw up next week.
For the first time in my life I did 230x5. Usually I stay around 3 reps, I definitly had to fight for every last one lol.

LMK what you guys think of my form (sorry for the crap vid)

H8vQEKzBEQY

So my first day was as follows
Flat Bench 230x5
DB Rows 80x8 (arms were fried from bench)
Dips- 3 sets of 12
Face pulls 150x8
Farmers walks 100x 40yrds

Overall I felt destroyed haha

scboss
08-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Todays workout was so intense. First time doing squats in olympic shoes and first time lifting as heavy as I can with this much volume.

Squats 200x5
Power Cleans 135x3
Romainian Deadlifts 225x8
Glute Ham raise 115x3
Ab Roller 20/20/16

Overall I felt so destroyed haha. Im use to squatting 3 plates a side but that was above 90 :facepalm:.
No more BS, ass to grass for now on. I think once I get a bit better balance at the bottom the weight is gonna skyrocket!

KRyn
08-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Your form from my perspective is horrible. If your goal is to bench as much as possible you are doing it wrong. However, if you are only interested in stimulating as much growth as possible it is fine.

scboss
08-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Man I wish I had time to come down to strive and get a few pointers. I know what your saying. I find it hard to put as much arch into my back as some of the guys I've seen online. What else do you see that is wrong?

When your doing this is your ass touching the bench or are you just driving your shoulders in with your legs?
Edit
I saw your vid. How high is the risk to do the method you used without a belt? I have previously had a very serious back injury. (3 years ago)

KRyn
08-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Man I wish I had time to come down to strive and get a few pointers. I know what your saying. I find it hard to put as much arch into my back as some of the guys I've seen online. What else do you see that is wrong?

When your doing this is your ass touching the bench or are you just driving your shoulders in with your legs?
Edit
I saw your vid. How high is the risk to do the method you used without a belt? I have previously had a very serious back injury. (3 years ago)

The only reason I am wearing a belt while benching in that video is to hold my bench shirt in place. I otherwise never wear a belt to bench in. If nothing else you should be focusing on pulling your shoulder blades back and together. This will keep your shoulders out of the movement and give you a better base to press off of. Other than that try and drive your feet into the ground. I wouldn't worry about trying to arch up as it will actually stimulate less growth.

zipdoa
08-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Todays workout was so intense. First time doing squats in olympic shoes and first time lifting as heavy as I can with this much volume.

Squats 200x5
Power Cleans 135x3
Romainian Deadlifts 225x8
Glute Ham raise 115x3
Ab Roller 20/20/16

Overall I felt so destroyed haha. Im use to squatting 3 plates a side but that was above 90 :facepalm:.
No more BS, ass to grass for now on. I think once I get a bit better balance at the bottom the weight is gonna skyrocket!

You'll love the results you get from squatting ass to grass... I did 205lbs 4x10 last week and I'm hoping to pump out 225lbs 4x10 this week.

My legs are growing fast and I love seeing how striated they get week after week. Quads are my new favorite muscle group.

403ep3
08-14-2012, 11:43 AM
+1 never used to go ass to grass and now I know why many people do now:D

scboss
08-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

You'll love the results you get from squatting ass to grass... I did 205lbs 4x10 last week and I'm hoping to pump out 225lbs 4x10 this week.

My legs are growing fast and I love seeing how straited they get week after week. Quads are my new favorite muscle group.

Yeah ROM is everything to me now. I've noticed huge growth in my legs in the last 2 months. I have limited myself to only owning 3 pairs of jeans at a time. I'm already wearing a 34-36 waist even tho I'm a 32 haha. Damn quads, soon I'll only be able to wear hammer pants and shorts haha

scboss
08-15-2012, 12:53 AM
Had to workout late tonight as I had alot of clients today. Felt a bit fatigued but powered thru the workout.

Standing Shoulder Press 125x4 (strict form with someone queuing me)
Pullups BWx5 (lower chest to bar)x2
25x5 (upper chest to bar)x3
Hang Cleans 105x6
Bi Curl 70x7
Rotation Resist 35lbs x 15 seconds

Sick workout. Almost have all my starting numbers

scboss
08-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Couldnt use the prowler sled last night so I did intervals on the stepper

Final Test Day
So im gonna update my numbers at the begining of this thread based off this program

Deadlift 295x3 305x1 (grip failure)
Front Squat 170x4
Good Mornings 65x8
Split Squats 25x8 (per side)
1 arm Farmers walks 80x3

wintonyk
08-17-2012, 12:57 AM

Yeah ROM is everything to me now. I've noticed huge growth in my legs in the last 2 months. I have limited myself to only owning 3 pairs of jeans at a time. I'm already wearing a 34-36 waist even tho I'm a 32 haha. Damn quads, soon I'll only be able to wear hammer pants and shorts haha

I feel your pain. Small waist and big quads. I have such an issue buying jeans that fit.

bigbadboss101
08-17-2012, 08:01 AM
I was listening to 66 CFR this morning and they talked about people with big legs, bum like hockey players. hockey bum has jeans that are designed for people like that.

dj_patm
08-17-2012, 05:36 PM
I can actually remember a time when my wrist was the same size as my bicep/tricep :bigpimp:

Well thats me basically lol.

If I straighten out my arm and have my palm facing the sky my arms literally get wide at my elbows and then go back down to the width of half way up my forearm and then stay that width while getting thicker as you go up to my shoulder.

Basically the widest point of my arms if you look straight on face to face with my palms facing you are my elbows. Only from a profile do you see my triceps and biceps making my arm wider then my forearm.

I hate it. How do I widen my arm lol

scboss
08-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by dj_patm

Well thats me basically lol.

If I straighten out my arm and have my palm facing the sky my arms literally get wide at my elbows and then go back down to the width of half way up my forearm and then stay that width while getting thicker as you go up to my shoulder.

Basically the widest point of my arms if you look straight on face to face with my palms facing you are my elbows. Only from a profile do you see my triceps and biceps making my arm wider then my forearm.

I hate it. How do I widen my arm lol

Dont worry about your arms. Get into the gym and train everything. The worst thing I did was wait so long to start I could be a beast right now. I started when I was 23 and im 27 now. The older you get the longer it takes to recover and grow so you should start ASAP.

I train a guy right now that did a 265x3 deadlift today and he is only 19 haha. Ive literally been training him for 5 months 3x per week and he started under a plate per side with shit form.

Todays workout was good
Cleaned up my bench form and focused on my shoulders being tight. Went lighter but used the same weight for all 5 sets.
Bench 205x5 (felt way better in the shoulders)
db rows 85x8
Dips 12/11/9/8
Face Pulls 150x6
Farmer Walks 100x3 (Gonna increase next week)

Im really enjoying strength so far. Really tests your mental toughness to lift heavy shit :thumbsup:

89coupe
08-21-2012, 12:28 AM

The older you get the longer it takes to recover and grow so you should start ASAP.
:

I will be 40 this year and I'm the biggest and strongest I have ever been. I recover just fine.

Maybe not the leanest, lol, but hey, I had a 29" waste when I was 27 too...LOL

scboss
08-21-2012, 11:48 AM
What kind of program are you on and how long have you been working out? When you are younger it's way easier to jump start you metabolism plus you have way higher energy levels.

When I stop working out I shoot up to 220 and my bf will go from 12-15 up to around 20 within a couple weeks. I use to have a great metabolism but it is slowly going away hahaha.

bigbadboss101
08-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe

I will be 40 this year and I'm the biggest and strongest I have ever been. I recover just fine.

Maybe not the leanest, lol, but hey, I had a 29" waste when I was 27 too...LOL

Hey add me on FB ! ;)

I have 3 years on you. With age I do notice things get sore more often. Not necessarily muscles, but everything else.

89coupe
08-21-2012, 01:24 PM
What kind of program are you on and how long have you been working out? When you are younger it's way easier to jump start you metabolism plus you have way higher energy levels.

When I stop working out I shoot up to 220 and my bf will go from 12-15 up to around 20 within a couple weeks. I use to have a great metabolism but it is slowly going away hahaha.

I'm not on any kind of program. I have been working out since I was 15. I keep it super simple.

5 sets of 5
3 exercises per muscle group, nothing more.

Chest & Bi's on Mon

Tri's & Legs on Tues

Shoulders on Wed

Back on Thur

Fri,Sat,Sun rest.

I'm 6' 205lbs presently.

I do agree that when I was 27 I could eat anything, drink anything and never gain an ounce of fat.

dj_patm
08-21-2012, 01:34 PM
I was usin' the ol' google machine and apparently wider arms will only come by gaining fat. Which makes sense when you think about it. Biceps and triceps tend to grow up more then they grow out to the side.

:dunno: <----- My arms. To Scale.

And I have been working out regularly for about 3 months now. A pretty basic 5x5 program. Put on 5-7 lbs and haven't really been eating more or better.

scboss
08-21-2012, 02:26 PM
I was usin' the ol' google machine and apparently wider arms will only come by gaining fat. Which makes sense when you think about it. Biceps and triceps tend to grow up more then they grow out to the side.

:dunno: &lt;----- My arms. To Scale.

And I have been working out regularly for about 3 months now. A pretty basic 5x5 program. Put on 5-7 lbs and haven't really been eating more or better.

No way man. Bodybuilding gets your arms thick. 5x5 programs don't have a arm day because for strength it's a waste of time.

If you want huge Arms you must isolate like crazy

89coupe
08-21-2012, 02:42 PM

No way man. Bodybuilding gets your arms thick. 5x5 programs don't have a arm day because for strength it's a waste of time.

If you want huge Arms you must isolate like crazy

Huh?

5 sets of 5 for building big arms is perfect!

What are you talking about?

dj_patm
08-21-2012, 02:46 PM

Huh?

I think he means that 5x5 programs dont do any isolated arm days. They don't focus on them at all which in my case is true.

Only real isolated arm work outs I do are Barbell Curls and Skull Crushers and I only do them once a week.

I think I'm going to switch it up in a month or two and do more isolated workouts for my arms and chest but still obviously keep Squats, Deadlifts and Bench. I'll have to look for good workout online.

My stregnth is coming along okay(ish) but I would like to add some size soon. the 5-6 lbs I added in the last (almost) 4 months aren't very noticeable.

89coupe
08-21-2012, 02:54 PM
I don't dedicate any days to arms alone, my arms are pretty big for my size. Unless of course you are looking for an unnatural bodybuilder look? In that case you might need to involve some PED's LOL

dj_patm
08-21-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't dedicate any days to arms alone, my arms are pretty big for my size. Unless of course you are looking for an unnatural bodybuilder look? In that case you might need to involve some PED's LOL

Days was the wrong word, I ment workouts

89coupe
08-21-2012, 03:12 PM

Days was the wrong word, I ment workouts

All I do for Bi's is

Straight bar curls
Preacher curls
Standing dumbbell curls

That's it.

For Tri's

Dips
Cables (push down)
Reverse bench

That's it

dj_patm
08-21-2012, 03:17 PM

All I do for Bi's is

Straight bar curls
Preacher curls
Standing dumbbell curls

That's it.

For Tri's

Dips
Cables (push down)
Reverse bench

That's it

Yeah so like I said I need to switch to some isolation workout soon I think. Get some size.

All I do currently:

Bar Curls (standing)
Skull Crushers
and I guess Dips but those aren't really isolation workouts?

89coupe
08-21-2012, 03:23 PM

Yeah so like I said I need to switch to some isolation workout soon I think. Get some size.

All I do currently:

Bar Curls (standing)
Skull Crushers
and I guess Dips but those aren't really isolation workouts?

I would ditch the skull crushers, useless exercise for building size IMO

403ep3
08-21-2012, 03:38 PM
When I was doing isolation workouts I did both preacher curls and skullcrusher workouts. My arms are a good size, def not small anymore.

Depends what kind of weight you are doing though. Go heavy or go home!

scboss
08-21-2012, 04:29 PM

Huh?

Yeah but that's sorta like saying you can drive 20km per hour and get to the same destination at the same time as someone driving 100km per hour. You don't need PED to get that bodybuilding look either. I train tons of all natural guys that are ripped and jacked as shit.

5x5 training main effects
- strength/CNS adaptation
Secondary effects
- size

Bodybuilding training 8-12 reps 4-10 sets effects
-size/definition
Secondary
- strength

Will you get size doing 5x5 yes of course. Is it the most effective way? Hell no

89coupe
08-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Why put so much effort into something when the basics work just fine?

Unless you are getting paid to achieve the absolute best results it seems like wasted time and energy to me.

Explain to me the benefits?

How many hours/days do you committ for working out?

scboss
08-21-2012, 04:38 PM

All I do for Bi's is

Straight bar curls
Preacher curls
Standing dumbbell curls

That's it.

For Tri's

Dips
Cables (push down)
Reverse bench

That's it

When it comes to training arms it's easy. Your hands can only go in 3 directions. Palms ups, palms down and hammer grip.
A typical bodybuilding program for arms would look like this for my clients

Warmup lat pull down superset with close grip pushups 5x8-12
Straight bar preacher curl 3x8-12
Alt Hammer db curls 4x8-12
Reverse straight bar curl 4x8-12
Tricep push down 3x8-12
Dips 4xmax
Tricep push down (reverse grip) 4x8-12

All with 1-1:30 min breaks. Hitting 27 sets in roughly 1 hour

scboss
08-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Why put so much effort into something when the basics work just fine?

Unless you are getting paid to achieve the absolute best results it seems like wasted time and energy to me.

Explain to me the benefits?

How many hours/days do you committ for working out?

I have some guys training 6x per week and some of them have cardio at night. I train guys that compete and some guys that just want to get jacked. I've had 2 first place finishes and one 3rd with one of my clients on this program.
Some people only care about getting big and nothing else. Take it for what it's is. I use to be the same and I'm transitioning to a more "functional" training style as we speak.
I literally had shit strength when I was doing bb but I've never been more ripped in my life.

89coupe
08-21-2012, 04:51 PM
My workout is roughly 45-60 min 4 days a week, that's it. I have a family and friends that I would rather be doing things with. I workout mainly for health and to keep a decent physique. Other exercise comes from riding, swimming, badminton, or Judo. All family involved things.

Just saying you don't need to spend countless hours working out to achieve a nice physique if it's jut for that.

scboss
08-21-2012, 04:59 PM
My workout is roughly 45-60 min 4 days a week, that's it. I have a family and friends that I would rather be doing things with. I workout mainly for health and to keep a decent physique. Other exercise comes from riding, swimming, badminton, or Judo. All family involved things.

Just saying you don't need to spend countless hours working out to achieve a nice physique if it's jut for that.

Yeah but there is a big difference between a nice physique and the next level. As a trainer I can't just give people a "nice" physique or I would go broke. I do train guys that are just starting out but I also get clients trying to go to the next level.
For you your satisfied with how you are and that fine because that works for you. Try telling that to a guy that gets 2nd place to someone after training his heart out for 3-6 months for bb or even strength.
You maintain your health with training, a lot of my guys live to train and that's the difference. I'm in a result buisness so I have to use the absolute best things to my knowledge to get them to goals ASAP

89coupe
08-21-2012, 09:10 PM

Yeah but there is a big difference between a nice physique and the next level. As a trainer I can't just give people a &quot;nice&quot; physique or I would go broke. I do train guys that are just starting out but I also get clients trying to go to the next level.
For you your satisfied with how you are and that fine because that works for you. Try telling that to a guy that gets 2nd place to someone after training his heart out for 3-6 months for bb or even strength.
You maintain your health with training, a lot of my guys live to train and that's the difference. I'm in a result buisness so I have to use the absolute best things to my knowledge to get them to goals ASAP

Ahhh, I didn't realize you were a personal trainer. I thought this was just your own personal workout routine, LOL.

bigbadboss101
08-21-2012, 09:33 PM
I learned a lot from Warcaster. When I first started we went to low weights on all lifts so we can get the form right. Made some nice progress. I am on my own now and will get my discipline in line and continue with the progress. I'll post something later this year.;)

scboss
08-21-2012, 09:33 PM

Ahhh, I didn't realize you were a personal trainer. I thought this was just your own personal workout routine, LOL.

It is my old routine when I was doing more bodybuilding style workouts. I was putting on 2 lbs of lean body mass per month after my newb gains for the last year or so.

I'm more focused on strength now to challenge myself and get out of my comfort zone. I use to workout for size but I find it easy to do and needed a more challenging test for my body/mind.

For me putting on size was all about dealing with pain (lactate acid). Now it's a whole new animal because I just stand there looking at the weight thinking "holy shit I have to lift that".

89coupe
08-21-2012, 09:47 PM

It is my old routine when I was doing more bodybuilding style workouts. I was putting on 2 lbs of lean body mass per month after my newb gains for the last year or so.

I'm more focused on strength now to challenge myself and get out of my comfort zone. I use to workout for size but I find it easy to do and needed a more challenging test for my body/mind.

For me putting on size was all about dealing with pain (lactate acid). Now it's a whole new animal because I just stand there looking at the weight thinking &quot;holy shit I have to lift that&quot;.

I see, so how is your strength now?

Here is a photo of me from last week after a workout. Its a little artsy, as I'm into photography as well :D

I'll be 40 this year.

http://www.bradstaylor.com/images/nopainnogain.jpg

scboss
08-21-2012, 09:54 PM

I see, so how is your strength now?

Here is a photo of me from last week after a workout. Its a little artsy, as I'm into photography as well :P

http://www.bradstaylor.com/images/nopainnogain.jpg
It's getting there, to be honest a lot of my workouts are still about getting my technique down and taking care of weakness's built up from bb.

Btw sick pic. Dunno if it's the lighting but you look way bigger then 205 haha

89coupe
08-21-2012, 10:03 PM

It's getting there, to be honest a lot of my workouts are still about getting my technique down and taking care of weakness's built up from bb.

Btw sick pic. Dunno if it's the lighting but you look way bigger then 205 haha

Thanks

Where do you work out?

scboss
08-21-2012, 10:16 PM

Thanks

Where do you work out?

Currently I train/work out of WH sunridge.

scboss
08-25-2012, 08:40 PM
So far almost everything has increased in weight, couple have just increased by reps. I'm very happy with the progress so far

Today I ran up and down a hill with a 70lb vest on for my cardio. So so filthy, but highly reccomended

scboss
08-27-2012, 10:25 PM
A little off topic but my boy made the highlights for the INBF. His name is Karan Bath and he won Amateur Fitness Model.

GJ1PjfSTP4w

scboss
09-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Seeing some awesome progress with this program, I changed one thing moving the dips to day 2 and removing bicep curls. I then added incline DB press in place of Dips for day 5.

I havnt hit incline in over 2 months and still busted out 85'sx8 last night so I was happy with that.

Grip is also getting way better did a 105 per hand farmer walk for 40 yrds last night. Deadlift is at 305x2 and 295x3.

Weight now hovers between 202 and 207

brucebanner
09-03-2012, 09:41 AM
I was just wondering if you had a stats update. Saw the post on FB and had to check. Nice numbers man!

scboss
09-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Its test week so here are the numbers for day 1

Overall compared to when I started way better, core is solid. Any critique is greatly appreciated. Im still kicking my ass for squating 365 above 90 for so long but this is a work in progress.
225x2
ftLYGHsmQw0
Felt super easy
DPPM_6vUn3M
Have a nasty sticking point to work on. Got lots of support at work so its only going to get better. Lots of motivation.
Power Cleans 155x2
Romainian Deadlifts 265x7
Laying GH Raise 135x8
Ab Roller 20x3

So far im very happy with the results. Wish I had a before pic of my legs cuz they look crazy now. Will post pics later

scboss
09-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Test Day 2
Standing Shoulder Press 135x2 (no swaying)
Pullups 2x25 lbs (bar hitting mid chest)
Hang Clean 130x5
Dips 12/12/10
Anti Rotation 45 lbs x 10 sec

Getting good gains across the board so far. Here is a pic of my legs (sorry for the whiteness hahahaha)

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7484/sept3o.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/sept3o.jpg/)

Measurement wise ive put a inch and a half in the last 2 months.

My boy is training for INBF and im gonna be switch to bodybuilding soon to train with him for 6 weeks. Gotta enjoy this while it lasts! If you guys want I can post updates on those workouts to.

bigbadboss101
09-05-2012, 07:06 AM
Holy tree trunks! Good work.

Little Dragon
09-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Hey Steve, when squatting are the knees supposed to go pass the toes?

zipdoa
09-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Little Dragon
Hey Steve, when squatting are the knees supposed to go past the toes?

That's a big nono.

lint
09-05-2012, 09:08 AM
That's a big nono.

incorrect. depends on the style of squat

scboss
09-05-2012, 11:58 AM
I was always taught that as long as your knees track, feet don't move and you can keep your chest high your fine.

If your knees are not going over your toes then you have a big problem

zipdoa
09-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Really good chunk of info here... I'm embarassed that I was a victim of a heresay myth.

http://www.bodybuilding.net/training/knees-over-toes-myth-12253.html

Coles Notes:

Keeping knees behind toes slightly decreases torque on knee joint, but greatly amplifies hip and lower back torque.

scboss
09-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Really good chunk of info here... I'm embarassed that I was a victim of a heresay myth.

http://www.bodybuilding.net/training/knees-over-toes-myth-12253.html

Coles Notes:

Keeping knees behind toes slightly decreases torque on knee joint, but greatly amplifies hip and lower back torque.

Yeah trust me tons of trainers still think that knees behind toes is the only way. My problem is its not natural for me to sqaut below 90 like that. If you look at any olympic or heavy lifter you will see that the main points of concern are

Solid Base (feet have zero movement)
Depth
High Chest
Knees Track Over feet

scboss
09-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Test Day 3

Best day by far today, co-workers were hyping me up and I destroyed my old personal bests

Deadlift 315x3
Front Squat 195x2
Good Mornings 95x8
Split Squats 30x8
1 Arm farmers walk 100x40 yrds

This is literally the best my back and core has felt in months. Grip felt awesome and all of the lifts were easy.

shadowz
09-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Great numbers keep it up

scboss
09-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
Great numbers keep it up

Thanks man, today is actually my last day of strength training for 6 weeks as im helping one of my boys prep for the INBF competition in November. Gonna be pulling 2adays 6x per week for the next bit.

Today was awesome and I actually hit one of my goals that I made when I first started working at this gym. DB row the heaviest weight we have.

Flat Bench 245x2 (new PR)
DB Row
zWK4EtG148c
Incline DB Bench 85x8
Facepulls 140x8
Farmer walks 110x about 30 yards

All in all I was very happy with the overall gains and im definitly gonna resume after my boys competition.

I will be posting up some of the dirty ass bodybuilding workouts starting next week!

scboss
09-11-2012, 12:23 AM
First day back to bodybuilding and all I can say is holy shit did my strength ever go up. 6 weeks of this then back to strength. Really hyped to be training my friend for his first INBF Amateur Bodybuilding contest

My current split looks like this

Monday
AM Chest Quads
PM Calves/Core/Cardio (HIT)

Tuesday
AM Back Hamstrings
PM Recovery Cardio

Wednesday
Core/Calve/Cardio(HIT)

Thursday
AM Shoulders/Traps
PM Recovery Cardio

Friday
Quads/Hamstrings

Saturday
Chest/Back/Arms

Sunday
Light Cardio

Holy shit was I ever hungry today ate around 4500 calories. As for dieting im going to be doing
1.5g protien per BW so 300g
2-2.5g of complex carbs so around 400-500g
Time to whip out the tupperwear :rofl:
I will be supplementing with
Animal Pack
Isoflex Protein
Extend BCAA

Hopefully I hit a lean ass 210 (im currently 204 in the morning) by then end of this before going back to strength. Just have to maintain my mobility and I should be fine

Lightweight!

zipdoa
09-11-2012, 08:21 AM
Question: When you say 85x8 incline DB press for instance, do you mean you're doing 85x8reps for 3 sets, or just one set of 8 reps or what?

scboss
09-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Question: When you say 85x8 incline DB press for instance, do you mean you're doing 85x8reps for 3 sets, or just one set of 8 reps or what?

3 sets of 8 with 85 pounds. Once I had my working weight I pretty much stayed there accept when I did new PR's which I only ever tested on the first 2 exercises of each day unless I hit 10 reps with my accessory lifts easily on the previous week.

My upper body has always been my strong point lol when I had my back injury I literally trained upper body almost everyday haha. When fresh I can actually do 90 lbs x10 for incline db haha

Edit
Also I've been doig bodybuilding style workouts since I started working out so I'm use to 1-1:30 min breaks. Taking a 2 min break made me feel fully charged and repeating the same weight over and over was so easy. That was the one thing I really hate about strength training tho such long breaks, so easy to get distracted by people

KRyn
09-13-2012, 10:49 AM
It looks like you got some serious competition there...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2202054/Meet-real-life-Popeye-31-inch-biceps-big-grown-man-s-waist.html

scboss
09-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by KRyn
It looks like you got some serious competition there...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2202054/Meet-real-life-Popeye-31-inch-biceps-big-grown-man-s-waist.html

Haha man that looks so nasty. Wtf made his arms like that synthol or juicing? So stupid lol.

We got a new bf% tester in yesterday and it's pretty sick. It is a scale that has a place to grip onto, Apparantly it's 98% accurate. Good thing about it is that it tells you everything even your basal metabolic rate.

I'm 13.5% bf
2077 cal bmr
44l of water
Haha funny thing is according to my BMI I'm borderline obese lmao

duaner
09-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Haha man that looks so nasty. Wtf made his arms like that synthol or juicing? So stupid lol.
Has to be synthol. I don't think you could make your arms look like that with roids if you tried.

The funny thing is the reporting of it: "Biggest biceps" and "31 inch biceps." Do the triceps not count even though they are the larger muscle group, or should be?

Loving those forearms. lol Guy is a moron.

BTW, how close should DB rows and flat DB press be in terms of weight? Is there an ideal for back to chest weights or does it just depend on the individual? I can get 105 x 5 (4-6) for five sets on DB rows but can't bust past 85 x 5 (4-6) for 5 sets on flat DB press (75lbs on incline).

scboss
09-14-2012, 03:15 PM
I think it all depends on your body type and your training habits, I found once I started pushing some serious weight for my standing shoulder press benching got wqy better
First leg day tonight for bb, something tells me I'm gonna get destroyed haha

bigbadboss101
09-14-2012, 03:30 PM
6 x 8 squats butt to grass?

scboss
09-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Tonight is gonn be dirty everything has 1:30 break but last exercise
Leg extension light warmup 3x20
Squats 4x12/8-10/8-10/6-8 (now ass to grass)
Stiff legged deadlift 4x12/8-10/8-10/6-8
Lunges 4x8-10 per side
Hamstring curl 3x12
Leg press 7x8-10 (45sec break)

lint
09-14-2012, 08:28 PM
are the squat vids on page 4 what you consider "ass to grass"?

KRyn
09-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by lint
are the squat vids on page 4 what you consider &quot;ass to grass&quot;?

Hahaha

scboss
09-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by lint
are the squat vids on page 4 what you consider &quot;ass to grass&quot;?

Haha nope. I'm doing 4-1-2 tempo now bro, ass to grass

scboss
09-14-2012, 09:59 PM
Btw if any of you guys want to get your bf% measured the new equipment we have takes 3 minutes. As long as its a saturday I can do it. Just shoot me a pm

Edit
Apparantly it's 98% accurate

brucebanner
10-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Hows your training going Steve?

shadowz
10-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Btw if any of you guys want to get your bf% measured the new equipment we have takes 3 minutes. As long as its a saturday I can do it. Just shoot me a pm

Edit
Apparantly it's 98% accurate

PM sent

scboss
10-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by bruceod
Hows your training going Steve?

Always good, I'm actually going back to strength starting tomorrow but I will still be doing 2adays (conditioning/abs at night). I can't wait for the inbf next month, although its my friends first show he is looking crazy.

I'm gonna be going back to the program I did before. Time to start grinding some of my new goals are
Deadlift 405x2 (no straps/double overhand)
Squat 315x2
Bench 275x2
And finally power clean 225x1

I'm still quite a bit off of these numbers but I'm extremely motivated to hit these now. Took me forever to get my form/flexibility in check so I should be seeing consistant gains now.

Should have updates soon