PDA

View Full Version : Portland

Speed_69
08-10-2012, 12:22 AM
So I have a week booked off of work at the end of August and I'd really like to go somewhere but I'm on a budget so I'm leaning towards driving from Calgary to Portland. Looks like a cool city to check out.

Does anybody have any recommendations or places I should visit or things to do? Any food cart and restaurants/bar recommendations? or even a route I should take from Calgary to Portland?

Thanks!!

rage2
08-10-2012, 12:53 AM
Skip the strip clubs, all the girls there have A cups. True story. :rofl:

googe
08-10-2012, 10:57 AM
There is not much noteworthy in Portland. If you've tried to look up things to do, you probably got shit like voodoo donuts and the book store. That should tell you something :)

I think the strippers are overrated because other states have super conservative laws, so to them it seems special.

Dave P
08-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Skip Portland, head straight to Seattle.

300rwhp
08-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Portland is great, prefer it to Seattle.

This is where Food trucks really got their start in North America. Think super good cheap food that does not take 20 mins to make.

38 microbreweries in the city limits

9 microdistilleries

Some of the best cocktail bars in the country

Solid restaurant scene

A real do it yourself/hipster attitude.

I really enjoy visiting portland.

Booze is cheap.

flipstah
08-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Portland is awesome! It's really clean and quiet.

Plus, lots of trails if you're a runner. :)

Graham_A_M
08-11-2012, 08:45 PM
^ Yeah man, Portland is fucking amazing, personally I like it better then Seattle.

In Portland, just chill out downtown, tons of shit to do. Everybody is really laidback, and you can talk to anybody. TONS of awesome places to eat, and tons of beer. Everything is really cheap too. Thats one American city I'd love to live in.

Seattle is worth visiting too. A friend of mine took watchmaking school down there a number of years ago. He's told me some pretty amazing stories of that place. I wish he was here to tell about some of them, that place has quite the history.

brucebanner
08-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
In Portland, just chill out downtown, tons of shit to do. Everybody is really laidback, and you can talk to anybody. TONS of awesome places to eat, and tons of beer. Everything is really cheap too.

This.

I went to Portland last year to watch a couple basketball games. The people were great, food was good and just walking around downtown doing & going random places was a good time! Planning on going back again this year!