PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Oakley Holbrook

BMW Power
08-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Looking to get a pair of Oakley Holbrook sunglasses.

There are several outlets selling them. Which store would beyonders recommend?

Also, if anyone is interested in selling a pair in fairly new condition, PM me.

Nismorphed
08-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Ozone at market mall. They had a few in the sunglasses hut by the apple store

Zan
08-11-2012, 08:28 PM
I like Holbrooks, I even have a small collection of it. Which kind are you looking for? If you're looking for just plain old ones Sunglass Hut wouldn't be a bad place to look. I went for the Stapl and Motocross editions and I had to get them specially ordered thru Spareparts.

PS.
The only ones I couldn't find in the city are the grape juice ones.

theken
08-12-2012, 10:04 AM
why not go to the oakley store in chinook or balzac

Nismorphed
08-12-2012, 11:41 AM
You can now customize Holbrooks on Oakley.ca which is pretty sick

swak
08-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Bow Cycle has a pretty rad Oakley selection too

BMW Power
08-13-2012, 01:38 PM
So I walked into Sunglasshut at Chinook with my mind made up to purchase the Matte Black holbrooks with the standard grey lens. I liked the silver "O" detail on the side and figured I could purchase the silver iridium lens at a later stage and they would match pretty well. However SH dont sell lens and directed me to the Oakley store upstairs.

Got there and saw a very unique "matte rootbeer" colored frame with matching brown lens which blew my socks off....until I saw the price ($265) :cry: which is almost double of the standard black one that I had planned to get.
It looked just like this:

http://omaster.com.ph/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Holbrook-Matte-Rootbeer-Polarized-OO9102-0321.jpg

The only drawback I see with this rootbeer color is that it may not gel well with the other colour lens as the black one would.

Needless to say, I am having a dilemma now and not sure if I should save up a bit more and buy the polarized rootbeer one or just get the matte black one which I originally set out to get.

HNF88
08-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Polarized is definitely worth the money! Especially for long cruises, reduced glare from dusk to dawn.

I have both polarized and non polarized Holbrooks, and I wear the polarized set 98% of the time.

I got these guys Matteblack Purple & MatteBlack Gold Polarized
http://ca.oakley.com/images/catalog/generated/750x350/62/4fcfd0011321c.jpg
http://ca.oakley.com/images/catalog/generated/750x350/a7/4fcfd0acc3785.jpg

BTW

Sunglass Hutt is well known to hike up the prices by $50-$100

08-13-2012, 06:45 PM
I had the rootbeer colored ones, best sunglasses ive ever had. However they were stolen from my car downtown:cry:

cam_wmh
08-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Do yourself better, and get Frogskins.

jampack
08-13-2012, 09:12 PM
I was looking to get a Holbrook as well! I love Oakley sunglasses and is actually, I would say, a collection of mine. I tried one earlier and they are really nice. I just can't decide which colour I would get or I may go custom. Maybe a red with Red/Ruby iridium lens? And polarized lenses are worth the extra charge.

Zan
08-14-2012, 05:50 PM
I find owning a few with different lenses works best. I have a few pairs for overcast and a few for really bright days. Among all of oakley's lenses my favorite would have to be ruby iridium, next will be a classic gray. Having said that, you can swap out Holbrook lenses quite easily and a pair of non polarized one is only 60 bucks.