PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Pools

dibbz
08-12-2012, 12:04 PM
So with the Olympics going on I'm starting to think about getting back into swimming for my cardio. I haven't really checked out any pools in Calgary so I'm wondering which are the best pools out there? Both Public (Calgary Rec) and private/membership?

swak
08-12-2012, 12:12 PM
I like the Talisman pools. On Sundays they take out the pool divider and you get 50m lengths. :thumbsup:

max_boost
08-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Talisman is good!

Also check out the City's website for the local pool hours. They have adult lane swim. I usually go to Renfrew.

dibbz
08-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by swak
I like the Talisman pools. On Sundays they take out the pool divider and you get 50m lengths. :thumbsup:

Yeah Talisman seems to work well for me since I live downtown. I'm thinking early morning swims. Anyone know what Talisman pools are like during the week at the 5AM opening?

swak
08-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Peak hours the pool gets pretty busy - especially when they have parts of their pools blocked off for polo training, or what have you...

Most of the time, they're good though, i often have a lane to myself when i go. im usually there weekday morning though.

98type_r
08-13-2012, 09:21 AM
I think all pools have good and bad times. In my experience the noon hour swims and right after school/work are the busiest times. Renfrew is probably the least busy of the ones I've been to. Thornhill is full of seniors who have no concept of how to circle swim when a lane is busy, or what the FAST sign at the end of the lane means.
Stay far far away from Cardel, it's just absolute crap if you cant to get some decent lengths in. Water is too warm and too many kids swimming across the lanes. If Airdrie isn't too far then Genesis Place is very nice and quiet during the adult swim.