PDA

View Full Version : c63 amg bow trail crash

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

lint
08-12-2012, 07:30 PM
27yr old in a c63 amg. member here?

http://www.calgaryherald.com/touch/news/story.html?id=7078889&rel=841484

Alcohol and speed are suspected factors in a head-on crash that killed a 38-year-old woman in the city’s southwest early Sunday.

Calgary police say a 2001 Ford F150 pickup truck was heading north on Sarcee Trail S.W. approaching Bow Trail S.W. in the left-hand lane.

A 2009 Mercedes-Benz C63AMG sedan was heading west on Bow Trail S.W. heading toward Sarcee Trail S.W. in the middle lane when it T-boned the Ford on the passenger side in the intersection at around 3:15 a.m.

The pickup truck spun toward the northwest and struck a large power pole about 60 metres from the crash. Both occupants were ejected.

The 38-year-old female passenger of the pickup was killed instantly.

The 50-year-old male driver of the pickup was taken to Foothills Hospital in serious but non-life threatening condition.

The Mercedes spun toward the northwest and ended up on a grass boulevard about 70 metres from the crash site.

The 27-year-old male driver of the Mercedes sustained minor injuries. He appeared to be intoxicated and was arrested at the scene, said police.

Speed is also considered a factor, said police.

Ramandeep Singh Jaswal, 27, of Calgary has been charged with impaired driving causing death, impaired driving causing bodily harm and refusing to provide a breath sample.

He will make his first court appearance on Tuesday.

EMS spokesman Adam Loria said a person who witnessed the crash “and was a little shaken up” was also taken to hospital for precautionary reasons.

The intersection and several nearby roads were closed until Sunday afternoon.

No names have been released.

FraserB
08-12-2012, 07:35 PM
What a piece of shit, so sad that a innocent person died and he walked away with minor injuries.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-12-2012, 07:39 PM
:thumbsdow taking another persons life and injuring another

VWEvo
08-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Ramandeep S Jaswal was behind the wheel of the C63. He deserves jail and should be punished to the maximum the law allows. He refused breathalyzer which now is a pretty bad offense IIRC.

Graham_A_M
08-12-2012, 07:43 PM
^ His lifes over pretty much.

lasimmon
08-12-2012, 07:48 PM
^^ you mean he will get 1-2 years and then be a free man?

FraserB
08-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by lasimmon
^^ you mean he will get 1-2 years and then be a free man?

Then he won't be allowed to drive ever again, but he still will and have no consequences.

Sugarphreak
08-12-2012, 07:52 PM

Cos
08-12-2012, 08:13 PM

Type_S1
08-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Yeah because when he walks out the door at 30 he will be a free man to return to his job that allowed him to buy a 70,000 Mercedes. Not that I condone it, personally I believe in an eye for an eye, but to say a few years and then he goes back to his life is incorrect IMO.

He is a brown dude, none of the young ones work for anything they own in Calgary. His parents bought him that car for sure.

What an idiot though. Needs to be locked up for 10-15 but that will never happen.

RightCoast
08-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by VWEvo
Ramandeep S Jaswal was behind the wheel of the C63. He deserves jail and should be punished to the maximum the law allows. He refused breathalyzer which now is a pretty bad offense IIRC.
Refusing to provide is the same as blowing over as far a penalties are concerned. The operation causing death is way more serious.

black300
08-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1

He is a brown dude, none of the young ones work for anything they own in Calgary. His parents bought him that car for sure.

What an idiot though. Needs to be locked up for 10-15 but that will never happen.

Can't compare one brown person to all of the same race, who knows maybe he landed a good position in his early 20's and made some extra $ for toys but who knows.

Anyways whatever has been done is bad and shouldn't happen again. Punishment is a must.

RIP

Toma
08-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Anyone found the name of the victims?

eglove
08-12-2012, 09:03 PM
I was hoping it was going to that douchecanoe in the white c63 that always does burnouts at the wednesday meets

RY213
08-12-2012, 09:43 PM

:facepalm: :facepalm: generalize much?

FraserB
08-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Just tell him that since he is young and has some nice stuff, his parents must of bought it for him cause only older people can make good money.

P_D
08-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by RY213

:facepalm: :facepalm: generalize much?

That seems pretty accurate. To be honest all people convicted of drunk driving should have there licences revoked for 5 years on the first offence. You kill some one while impared its gone for good + 10 years to the day no chance of early parole as a min.

VWEvo
08-12-2012, 09:59 PM

Hmm, I'm brown, so are alot of my buddies, not a single one of us has our cars paid for by our parents. It's called getting an education and working. But thanks for coming out hero.

sillysod
08-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

Then he won't be allowed to drive ever again, but he still will and have no consequences.

Exactly.

This is the problem I have with the new rules. It doesn't change anything with repeat offenders or people that kill someone. Cracking down on .05 clearly didn't make a difference for him - the only thing that will fix this is to make sure he NEVER drives again.

MrSector9
08-12-2012, 10:06 PM
loss of life over something so stupid.

As far as i am concerned, you get caught 1 time dui, car gets crushed/lose license forever/almost every free minute of your time goes to community service for quite a while. Injure/kill someone and your wages are garnished and proceeds go to the victims family.

More then likely they will drive with no license after but currently there is nothing that can be done about it as the fines/penalties for driving with no license are not very serious.

the only time that the penalties are even somewhat steep is when someone innocent has to die, the punishments have to be dramatically altered so people do not even think about doing it, our current system is to easy on the criminals.

heavyfuel
08-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Just watch his lawyer will cry racism at the way his arrest was handled and he'll get a slap on the wrist. They always seem to play the race card when they're in the wrong.

Zero102
08-12-2012, 10:34 PM
I'm sorry, but wait a second, BOTH OCCUPANTS OF THE TRUCK WERE EJECTED?! Sure the crash should never have happened, but who the fuck doesn't wear their seatbelts? Not to bash the dead and injured here but their death was not solely a result of the decisions made by the driver of the mercedes.

Yes the guy that hit them is a piece of shit and should be sent to jail for life or executed, I couldn't agree more, no I don't know him and no I am not taking his side in any way whatsoever. That said, the lives of the people in the truck would probably have been saved if they had been wearing their seat belts. The truck covered quite a bit of ground before hitting the pole, perhaps if the driver was belted in he might have kept better control of the truck and not hit the pole, plus even hitting the pole they should have both survived. It is an 80km/hr zone, even if they were going 100km/hr it should never have been a fatal collision.

FraserB
08-12-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm sorry. I don't see where in the article they mentioned the speed of the Merc and said it was going 100kph when it hit. Or where it says the occupants of the truck were not belted in. Please point that out to me.

As for the rest, the driver had ZERO time to react probably. He was T-boned so the truck was either spinning or going sideways, how, after just being hit at 100kph+, do you propose he act in a collected enough state to regain control in the span of 4-5 seconds?

As for the passenger, I'd say she was dead as soon as the MB hit. Those speeds right into the door, a seat belt doesnt make a difference.

FiveFreshFish
08-12-2012, 11:22 PM

As for the passenger, I'd say she was dead as soon as the MB hit. Those speeds right into the door, a seat belt doesnt make a difference.
For the driver, it could have reduced the extent of his injuries.

johnboy27
08-12-2012, 11:26 PM
I have two buddies that were both ejected from a pickup truck in an accident. Neither was seriously injured but theri seatbelts were still fastened after the accident happened. It does happen that people get ejected with seatbelts on.

Maybelater
08-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Sad, sad, sad, I can only imagine the pain the survivor must be going through.

The driver instantly killed one of the occupants, but was still self-centered enough to refuse a breathalyzer? You would have thought the guilt and shame would be enough for him to comply fully.

Canucks3322
08-13-2012, 01:09 AM
Too bad he didnt fucking die, I can only hope he one day feels so guilty he offs himself.

gpomp
08-13-2012, 03:53 AM
once again the drunk driver walks away with no injuries :facepalm:

Benny
08-13-2012, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
I'm sorry, but wait a second, BOTH OCCUPANTS OF THE TRUCK WERE EJECTED?! Sure the crash should never have happened, but who the fuck doesn't wear their seatbelts?

A shit ton of people do not wear seatbelts and are ejected in the event of a collision.

toastgremlin
08-13-2012, 07:20 AM
I saw the F150 and the C63 on separate wreckers on Edmonton Trail followed by a handful of cop cars yesterday morning. F150 looked incredibly awful.

Not wearing seatbelts is stupid but I'm not sure it would have helped the passenger much in this situation. There wasn't really enough of the B-pillar left on the passenger side for a seatbelt to have worked.

Sugarphreak
08-13-2012, 07:27 AM

Zero102
08-13-2012, 07:32 AM
I'm sorry. I don't see where in the article they mentioned the speed of the Merc and said it was going 100kph when it hit. Or where it says the occupants of the truck were not belted in. Please point that out to me.

As for the rest, the driver had ZERO time to react probably. He was T-boned so the truck was either spinning or going sideways, how, after just being hit at 100kph+, do you propose he act in a collected enough state to regain control in the span of 4-5 seconds?

I never said the merc was going 100, I said the truck was going 80, but then continued my thoughts to say that even if he was going 100...

Both occupants were ejected, that pretty much never happens if you are wearing your seatbelt properly. Lots of people get ejected when they don't wear seatbelts or wear them improperly however.

As for instant death in the crash bit, a F150 is a lot higher up than a c63, until I see decent side pics I'm going to maintain the passenger had a good fighting chance in the initial collision.

Sugarphreak
08-13-2012, 07:36 AM

KRyn
08-13-2012, 07:43 AM
RIP to the deceased.

Cos
08-13-2012, 07:47 AM

FullFledgedYYC
08-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Just as an FYI to everyone... refusing to blow IN THEORY has the same penalties as blowing over.... however in the end, the penalty is much less.

Been there, done that. (not personally... someone I know)

Maybelater
08-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC
Just as an FYI to everyone... refusing to blow IN THEORY has the same penalties as blowing over.... however in the end, the penalty is much less.

Been there, done that. (not personally... someone I know)

I thought the laws changed with the new .05 law?

flipstah
08-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Yeah but unlike most other cars, the C63 weighs two tons even without a driver... it is a big fat missile. Getting T-boned by that isn't going to leave the truck with much of a chance unless it was jacked up.

Damn. RIP to the deceased.

sputnik
08-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
I'm sorry, but wait a second, BOTH OCCUPANTS OF THE TRUCK WERE EJECTED?! Sure the crash should never have happened, but who the fuck doesn't wear their seatbelts? Not to bash the dead and injured here but their death was not solely a result of the decisions made by the driver of the mercedes.

:werd:

FullFledgedYYC
08-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Maybelater

I thought the laws changed with the new .05 law?

Could be true... but I don't think so. The person I knew refused to give a sample in BC... where those .05 laws were already in place. They lost their car for a month or so and paid the impound fee (which was pocket change to them) and they were on their way... no big deal.

ducaudi
08-13-2012, 10:45 AM
A beautiful car put in the hands of an idiot. RIP to the deceased.

zipdoa
08-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Wow... I wonder what the odds are that this is the guy building a duplex across from my house.

I see this mid-twenties middle eastern guy pull up in a silver c63 amg all the time.

2.2vtec
08-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by zipdoa
Wow... I wonder what the odds are that this is the guy building a duplex across from my house.

I see this mid-twenties middle eastern guy pull up in a silver c63 amg all the time.

He is NOT middle eastern...his name indicates he from India or Pakistan perhaps.

max_boost
08-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Fuck that sucks. RIP.

Modelexis
08-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
He is NOT middle eastern...his name indicates he from India or Pakistan perhaps.

:confused:

max_boost
08-13-2012, 11:27 AM
They all look the same.

403_Calgary
08-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Modelexis

:confused:

India = South Asia

flipstah
08-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
They all look the same.

Says the Asian guy. :rofl:

Modelexis
08-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by 403_Calgary
India = South Asia

Wiki:

The Greater Middle East is a political geographic term used since at least 1980 [1] to refer to the traditional Middle East with the addition of several nearby countries, specifically Iran, Turkey, Afghanistan and Pakistan.[2] Various North African and Central Asian countries are sometimes also included.

Some speakers may use the term to denote areas with significant Muslim majorities, but this usage is not universal.

Mibz
08-13-2012, 11:45 AM
They all look the same. Hilarious, coming from a Japanese guy :D

Neil4Speed
08-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by heavyfuel
Just watch his lawyer will cry racism at the way his arrest was handled and he'll get a slap on the wrist. They always seem to play the race card when they're in the wrong.

Do you have examples of this ever happening in court? I'm curious how I can optimally take advantage of my "race card".

403_Calgary
08-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis

Wiki:

That doesn't say anything about India or change the fact India is in south Asia. Middle Eastern ethnic groups are the following:

Arabs, Turks, Persians, Jews/Israelis, Kurds, Assyrians (Chaldo-Assyrians), Arameans-Syriacs, Egyptian Copts, Armenians, Azeris, Maltese, Circassians, Greeks, Turcomans, Shabaks, Yazidis, Mandeans, Georgians, Roma, Gagauz, Berbers, Mhallami and Samaritans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East#Etymology

His last name is Jaswal. That is an Indian name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaswal

Also for the record Pakistan is considered part of South Asia.

According to the United Nations geographical region classification, Southern Asia comprises the countries of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Alternatively, Afghanistan, Burma, and Tibet are also sometimes included in the region.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Asia

Sugarphreak
08-13-2012, 12:12 PM

djstorm
08-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Based on what you can find online - Ram is from privilege. Went to Rundle College Private school, then U of C, worked as a bank teller and sales rep for some bank and now "runs" a family property development company called J Squared developments. Was bragging on Facebook July 17th about "the new shoes", his sparkling new C63 AMG. No idea where the money came from, family or otherwise, but doesn't change that he got drunk (allegedly) and wrote the car off less than a month after getting it.

www.facebook.com/ram.jaswal.14

Disoblige
08-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Do you mean brown guys or C63 drivers... because I can spot a C63 driver a mile away just by the sunglasses and permanent puckered lip expression alone ;)
Guidos drive C63s now? :rofl:

max_boost
08-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Hilarious, coming from a Japanese guy :D :rofl: :thumbsup:

colinxx235
08-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Guidos drive C63s now? :rofl:

:dunno: guess so. But than again the opinion comes from a hummer driver sooo take it for what it's worth ;)

Sugarphreak
08-13-2012, 12:43 PM

Modelexis
08-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by 403_Calgary

haha, I was just trying to make the point that not everyone is in full agreement on what is exactly considered the 'middle east' and that it can sometimes be used as a generalization term for a lot of countries.

Zipoda was probably just using the term within a generally speaking context, not as an exact pinpoint term.

If he knew exactly the country he would have used specifics, but he used a general term that includes many different countries, it's not that serious that it's 100% accurate.

'Middle East' is a term sometimes used by white people to describe a place where brown people live without trying to sound racist. :D:rofl:

rated_R
08-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Damn I used to work with Ram at ATB, that's messed up that he would do something this fucking stupid that will haunt him for the rest of his life
RIP to the victim

GREENBOY
08-13-2012, 02:40 PM
The Calgary Police Service is releasing the name of the woman killed in a fatal collision on Sunday, Aug. 12, 2012.

Kelli-Jo Denise SMITH, 38, of Calgary, sustained fatal injuries when the vehicle she was riding in collided with another vehicle at the intersection of Sarcee Trail and Bow Trail S.W. at approximately 3:16 a.m.

Maybelater
08-13-2012, 02:43 PM
They all look the same.

o no u didnt :whipped:

GOnSHO
08-13-2012, 03:33 PM
looks like he went out to watch the fights and decided to drive after the fact..

last updated on facebook "come on frankie"

RIP to deceased

JustGo
08-13-2012, 08:14 PM
From a good friend who had the unfortunate job of attending the scene, it was not a pretty sight. From what he described, I would have lost sleep. RIP to that poor woman, and I certainly hope her husband can manage to carry on with his life after what he had to see.

Christ... Not sure when people are going to figure it out.

Disoblige
08-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by JustGo

Probably never. Too many people with the "That won't happen to me" mentality.

Xtrema
08-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Wow, are those 2 not wearing seatbelts to get ejected?

The cab looks intact and should be survivable.

bastardchild
08-13-2012, 08:54 PM

Truth hurts.

C_Dave45
08-13-2012, 08:59 PM
From a good friend who had the unfortunate job of attending the scene, it was not a pretty sight. From what he described, I would have lost sleep. RIP to that poor woman, and I certainly hope her husband can manage to carry on with his life after what he had to see.

Reports on tonights Global said they were both thrown almost 200 feet. He managed to drag himself across the pavement with a broken back and two broken legs and held his dead/dying wife in his arms...

Why the fuck can't these idiots (Jaswal) wrap themselves around a lightpost instead, and not kill innocent victims?

So sad for the surviving husband. :(

Graham_A_M
08-13-2012, 09:46 PM

hahaha, I know of a LOT of people in their 20's rolling in Ferrari's, Maserati's & Lambo's that they've paid for themselves.

Some people are just lucky to end up in ultra-high paying jobs, despite not being overly smart or good at what they do. Thats pretty much it. Sickens me to my core, you have no fucking idea. :facepalm:
I try not to think about it, its just too frustrating. :nut:

Nismorphed
08-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

Reports on tonights Global said they were both thrown almost 200 feet. He managed to drag himself across the pavement with a broken back and two broken legs and held his dead/dying wife in his arms...

Why the fuck can't these idiots (Jaswal) wrap themselves around a lightpost instead, and not kill innocent victims?

So sad for the surviving husband. :(

Wow, truly heart breaking. I couldn't imagine going through something like this.
Rip, hope that idiot has a hard time sleeping for a very long time.

you&me
08-14-2012, 07:28 AM

And a good friend of mine was one of the first civilians on the scene prior to ems. What he described was heart-wrenching and disgusting at the same time.

Condolences to the husband. RIP to the victim. Fuck the idiot that caused all of this.

BMW Power
08-14-2012, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by djstorm
Based on what you can find online - Ram is from privilege. Went to Rundle College Private school, then U of C, worked as a bank teller and sales rep for some bank and now "runs" a family property development company called J Squared developments. Was bragging on Facebook July 17th about "the new shoes", his sparkling new C63 AMG. No idea where the money came from, family or otherwise, but doesn't change that he got drunk (allegedly) and wrote the car off less than a month after getting it.

www.facebook.com/ram.jaswal.14

Seems like he has closed down his FB account. I imagine he must have gotten a ton of hate mail.

As far as I am concerned, this has nothing to do with the race/gender/ethnicity of the person, as these kind of things seem to be common amongst a lot of wealthy families which seem to have money than sense.

Either way, he is a fool but I also blame mommy and daddy for buying their immature son such a powerful car. It's only obvious what the consequences are going to be when you put that kind of power in the hands of an inexperienced driver. Good luck living with somebody else's blood on your hands for the rest of your life.

94boosted
08-14-2012, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by you&me

Condolences to the husband. RIP to the victim. Fuck the idiot that caused all of this.

This ^

parapara_vince
08-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Are you allow to refuse to take a breath sample after an accident? Wouldn't situation like this be mandatory to determine if alcohol is the cause on scene? So the cops ask you to blow on to this and you can just say "no thanks"?

JRSC00LUDE
08-14-2012, 08:36 AM
You guys whining about how he got his car, where he got his money, that he shouldn't have that fast of a car, etc. are a bunch of fucking retards.

It doesn't matter or have any relevance. A god damn corrola or rusted out 1985 chev pickup can still go 150, a person can still get drunk and choose to drive and someone can still die if they hit them. That person can be rich or poor, it has no real bearing on anything.

If the guy was street racing like a maniac with a car he couldn't handle then you might have an argument about the power of the vehicle but right now how about stick to the facts which seem to be that a guy got drunk, drove and killed someone. His car, money and how they were obtained have no relevance to the situation.

Mibz
08-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
You guys whining about how he got his car, where he got his money, that he shouldn't have that fast of a car, etc. are a bunch of fucking retards.

It doesn't matter or have any relevance. A god damn corrola or rusted out 1985 chev pickup can still go 150, a person can still get drunk and choose to drive and someone can still die if they hit them. That person can be rich or poor, it has no real bearing on anything.

If the guy was street racing like a maniac with a car he couldn't handle then you might have an argument about the power of the vehicle but right now how about stick to the facts which seem to be that a guy got drunk, drove and killed someone. His car, money and how they were obtained have no relevance to the situation. BUT HE'S LUCKIER THAN WE ARE, HE DESERVES TO BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN

roopi
08-14-2012, 09:00 AM

If the guy was street racing like a maniac with a car he couldn't handle then you might have an argument about the power of the vehicle but right now how about stick to the facts which seem to be that a guy got drunk, drove and killed someone. His car, money and how they were obtained have no relevance to the situation.

:thumbsup:

clem24
08-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Wow, are those 2 not wearing seatbelts to get ejected?

The cab looks intact and should be survivable.

Did they even say how fast the Mercedes was going? For all we know, he could've been doing 150. Remember the force of the impact spun the truck 60 metres from the crash site AND it struck a pole, probably still hurtling at 50-80km/h. Who knows. All I know is, that's a LOT of trauma for any human body, no matter what the cab looks like.

Smashing into the side of a car, typically it's weakest point, at 150, is likely unsurvivable in any kind of car, even with airbags.

FullFledgedYYC
08-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by parapara_vince
Are you allow to refuse to take a breath sample after an accident? Wouldn't situation like this be mandatory to determine if alcohol is the cause on scene? So the cops ask you to blow on to this and you can just say "no thanks"?

Yes you can refuse.

benyl
08-14-2012, 09:25 AM

It doesn't matter or have any relevance.

It does have relevance. Rich people think that they can do anything they want and rules do not apply to them.

Are rich people more unethical? (http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/27/health/rich-more-unethical/index.html)

Drivers with shinier, newer, and more expensive cars were more likely to cut off other motorists at a busy four-way stop and less likely to yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk. Roughly 45% of people driving cars the researchers deemed "high status" ignored a pedestrian, compared to just 30% of those in more modest vehicles.

rage2
08-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Drivers with shinier, newer, and more expensive cars were more likely to cut off other motorists at a busy four-way stop and less likely to yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk. Roughly 45% of people driving cars the researchers deemed "high status" ignored a pedestrian, compared to just 30% of those in more modest vehicles.
I'm glad my car's not shiny.

AudiPWR
08-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Me too :rofl:

rated_R
08-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
BUT HE'S LUCKIER THAN WE ARE

Fuck that, I rather be piss poor than be in his situation right now...

Or for the rest of his life for that matter

VWEvo
08-14-2012, 10:05 AM
I love how everyone is commenting about how this inexperienced, young, driver should not be driving such a powerful car. I'm curious, at what age should you be allowed to drive a 400+ hp car???

I'm glad someone pointed out, that this accident could have been any car, and its the neglectful fact that alcohol had a lot to do with this, not how much money was in his parents bank account.

colinxx235
08-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by rated_R

Fuck that, I rather be piss poor than be in his situation right now...

Or for the rest of his life for that matter

:facepalm: you really missed what those few were talking about

Disoblige
08-14-2012, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by VWEvo

I'm glad someone pointed out, that this accident could have been any car, and its the neglectful fact that alcohol had a lot to do with this, not how much money was in his parents bank account.
:werd: Not too long ago, a woman driving a Yaris crashed into a Mercedes on Country Hills Blvd, killing the 20 year old driver of the Mercedes and the 20 year old passenger of the Yaris.

Amie Nottebrock, 25, received minor injuries. She was arrested on Tuesday and charged with two counts of impaired driving causing death and two counts of dangerous driving causing death.

lasimmon
08-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Only on beyond can a thread about a drunk driving fatality turn into a class war.

:thumbsdow :banghead:

WhippWhapp
08-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Unfortunate this guy could afford a nice ride, but not cab fare home after a night out.

VWEvo
08-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by lasimmon
Only on beyond can a thread about a drunk driving fatality turn into a class war.

:thumbsdow :banghead: :werd:

m10-power
08-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Bet he wasnt 0.05 over, seems like the laws dont work, better make new ones that grab headlines...
Ban these people from driving forever, not sure why we as a society put up with this sort of shit. If people that feel they can do this sort of thing knew they would lose their ability to drive, maybe that would be enough of a deterrent. If not perhaps a mob stoning.

FullFledgedYYC
08-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Jaswal was granted bail and will be back in court in mid-September.

Read more: http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/driver-accused-in-fatal-crash-in-court-1.913374#ixzz23Xt0LZBi

Sweet.

Sugarphreak
08-14-2012, 12:44 PM

randomCalgaryguy
08-14-2012, 12:52 PM

Sweet.

I fail to see the "sweet" part about that piece of shit getting bail as I prepare to bury a great friend of mine.

colinxx235
08-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by randomCalgaryguy

I fail to see the "sweet" part about that piece of shit getting bail as I prepare to bury a great friend of mine.

Sarcasm detector broken? jeez.... :facepalm:

This thread is full of retardation

Mibz
08-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235
Sarcasm detector broken? jeez.... :facepalm:

This thread is full of retardation Brand new user, probably just scouring the internet for discussions on this story.

m10-power
08-14-2012, 01:14 PM

Sweet.

Originally posted by randomCalgaryguy

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/232/4b8/39a/resized/fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-not-sure-if-sarcasm-or-serious-e14739.jpg

Kritafo
08-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by WhippWhapp
Unfortunate this guy could afford a nice ride, but not cab fare home after a night out.

this is exactly what some friends and I were just saying

Zhariak
08-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I actually drove by you today on 17th when you were turning off it around 11:30-12:00. Nice ride by the way, sexy...

(In the 200,000km I've done in the last 4 years, I'm surprised I haven't spotted your ride/plate until now)... hahaha

sillysod
08-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by benyl

It does have relevance. Rich people think that they can do anything they want and rules do not apply to them.

Grew up in Pump Hill, my neighbour got a viper for his 18th b-day and totalled it a week later - so his parents got him a TT Stealth instead. It's true you feel totally invincible when mommy and daddy throw $$$ at your problems.

That being said people do stupid shit with/without money.

The interesting thing will be to see how much that $$$$ will help when he gets balfour der and this thing goes to court. That will be the true measure of $$$ vs. broke.

Xtrema
08-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by clem24

Did they even say how fast the Mercedes was going? For all we know, he could've been doing 150. Remember the force of the impact spun the truck 60 metres from the crash site AND it struck a pole, probably still hurtling at 50-80km/h. Who knows. All I know is, that's a LOT of trauma for any human body, no matter what the cab looks like.

Smashing into the side of a car, typically it's weakest point, at 150, is likely unsurvivable in any kind of car, even with airbags.

I don't know. There is probably a lot of force. I'm not questioning the cause. I'm questioning the effect.

Cab is intact. From the all photos or video, contact seems to be made at the front quarter instead of passenger door. This really make ejecting with seat belts on questionable.

Of course dying not wearing seatbelt is less of a story than killing by a 27 yr old drunk driver with a $50K performance car who is brown.

Just saying.