PDA

View Full Version : Done school, now what... (sales/marketing)

core_upt
02-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Well, it's been a month since I gradumicated from MRC with my (applied) Bachelor's in Small Business and Entrepreneurship (BA) and I've spent a month sitting on the couch and playing video games but I figure it's about time to find a job and get on woth my life.

I'm just wondering where people got started in sales and marketing careers, it seems like you need experience for every place that isn't telemarketing.

Where should I start looking. Any tips, comments, suggestions? Thanks.

silverEL
02-08-2004, 06:37 PM
MC DICKS!
good luck justin

Ben
02-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Get any type of sales job. Experience is key, and it seems like where or what you sold doesn't really matter as long as you've got a year or 2 of experience. Idealy if you were taking that course it would have been good to hold a PT sales job so that you were building experience AS you learned, but this is of course too late.

Hop on the Job sites like Monster and calgaryjobshop.ca and so whats out there and what most places need for you to use your BA to your best ability.

Hope this Helps :dunno:

Pacman
02-08-2004, 10:50 PM
There are many different areas/types of sales. What kind of sales are you interested in?? When you answer that question, you can start developing your game plan.

I immediatly went to outside sales positions when I finished school, as I felt the earning potential was much greater than retail/inside sales.