PDA

View Full Version : TRX Training

myanda
08-13-2012, 01:51 PM
So I have recently dicovered TRX and have purchased one for my home. I wanted to start a thread and find out if anyone else does this type of training. Also, maybe we can share some workout ideas, that way we can get the most bang for our buck..

So if you have never seen a TRX system before here is what it looks like...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vnaN1fScH9o/T7FUmGWBeaI/AAAAAAAAAHY/7m_EdKsqjRY/s1600/trx.jpg

My TRX came with a door anchor, so I looked on you tube for some helpful videos. Here is one I found that I enjoyed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUXR58li1s8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUXR58li1s8&feature=related

Tarrantula
08-13-2012, 02:07 PM
How about... pushups?

This thing looks dumb. No offence. Actually, I take that back. Offence intended.

myanda
08-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Have you ever tried it...?? It's actually pretty awesome!

Tarrantula
08-13-2012, 02:23 PM
I dont have to try it to see that its basically a rope attached to a wall mount. Why would anyone buy this when they could make there own out of bungie cords even?

ZorroAMG
08-13-2012, 02:44 PM
HAHAHA Bungie cords, Tarrantula? Clearly you have no idea what this is and you are just posting to read your own comments.

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n562/ZorroAMG1/hosting/CoolComment.jpg

403ep3
08-13-2012, 03:48 PM
+1 I don't use it but I have tried it before and it's definitely not a slouch workout.

troll

flipstah
08-13-2012, 03:52 PM
I actually tried this out and it's harder than it looks.

Like all workouts. :rofl:

myanda
08-13-2012, 04:59 PM
It's pretty intense and if you're creative and not a complete retard, you can get some great results.

msommers
08-13-2012, 05:05 PM
It's been alright for conditioning but for overall muscle strength and size, gym anyday. Squats, deadlifts, shoulder press are non existant. Bench is awkward. Flexibility stuff can be accomplished via yoga. Plank exercises I don't think you even need a TRX either. I love it for rows though.

Don't get me wrong, I get a sweat going. But it doesn't replace the gym, at all.

ZorroAMG
08-13-2012, 05:46 PM
TRX is the BOMB for stretching after a big workout.

A790
08-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula
I dont have to try it to see that its basically a rope attached to a wall mount. Why would anyone buy this when they could make there own out of bungie cords even?
Major fail, bro.

jsn
08-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Don't think he's saying it's not a work out. I think he's just pointing to the fact that you can make your own instead of spending 200 dollars and buying the trx branded version.

i.e., http://www.instructables.com/id/Home-Made-TRX-bodyweight-suspended-training-syste/

There's many sites and tutorials on how to make one online.

I tried it out for a little bit. Definitely harder than it looks, but it wasn't my cup of tea. Alot of the positions for different exercises felt awkward and there are some muscle groups this system doesn't cover at all. I don't think its worth the $200+ price tag.

myanda
08-14-2012, 09:50 AM
I didn't buy the TRX, I bought a cheaper knock off brand called Axis. It was half the price and the same thing.I would much rather purchase something with warrenty and made well, then trust myself to make it.

I am not saying to replace the gym, it's a piece of equipment and I was looking for a thread to make ideas for how to use it. Obviously this forum is not the place to post for fitness related things. I have not one one reply on here that is what I was looking for. Thanks to the people who posted nice, and helpful things. But to those of you who were complete assholes. Get a fucking life..

403ep3
08-14-2012, 10:32 AM
That girl using trx is hawt but where is bodyrock tv?

msommers
08-14-2012, 10:33 AM
:rofl: Sounds like someone's estrogen levels need to be checked.

Tarrantula
08-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by jsn
Don't think he's saying it's not a work out. I think he's just pointing to the fact that you can make your own instead of spending 200 dollars and buying the trx branded version

^This

All I was trying to point out is that this is nowhere near as useful as an actual gym. Why not spend 200 on a membership.

scboss
08-14-2012, 12:42 PM

^This

All I was trying to point out is that this is nowhere near as useful as an actual gym. Why not spend 200 on a membership.

True but IMO it is one of the best devices for building a strong rotator cuff and building that base when your first start out.

BTW most gyms have at least one of these kicking around.

nixon45
08-14-2012, 02:29 PM
I have used the TRX at my gym a few times. It is a good tool if you are willing to push yourself. I see so many people half assing rows and pull ups etc.

Recca168
08-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by warcaster

True but IMO it is one of the best devices for building a strong rotator cuff and building that base when your first start out.

BTW most gyms have at least one of these kicking around.

Seems like a lot of gyms are locking up the bands now. You can't use them unless you sign up for the TRX session

holden
08-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Recca168

Seems like a lot of gyms are locking up the bands now. You can't use them unless you sign up for the TRX session

That's what I thought was happening at my gym, but it turned out that the locked up ones were for classes and they had ones available at the desk to sign out.

jsn
08-15-2012, 12:56 AM

Why not spend 200 on a membership.
I bought a cheap knock off version for 70 bucks or something. The only appeal it had for me was that I don't have regular access to the gym when I'm out in the field. I tried this out for a little bit, but like I said, I'm not a big fan of it. I just bring out some weights instead.