PDA

View Full Version : Healthy take out on 17th??

ekguy
08-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Seeing as i am now working two jobs again and training 5 times a week I barely keep groceries as shit goes bad before I can eat it.

Sick of subway.

What is healthy, quick and able to be taken to go on 17th?

CompletelyNumb
08-13-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm sure I know the answer to this, but E or W?

JRSC00LUDE
08-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Tubby Dog, Dawg.

ekguy
08-13-2012, 04:42 PM
west.

I'm scared to try tubby dawg cuz I know i'll love it...Just tried Clive burger on my walk home from work the other night...not a good thing for sure haha.

msommers
08-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Wok box extra meat?

Your take-out choices are pretty limited unfortunately. Most restaurants down there are sit-down style. There is a pho place as well but I wouldn't really consider that healthy. Neither is Subway I guess so it's all relative.

CompletelyNumb
08-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Nothing is truely healthy I can think of. Depends what you're trying to avoid...cals, fat, etc...

Tai Thai is good. Probably high sodium and sugar in the sauces though.

ekguy
08-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Damn it. Thought maybe beyonders would prove what I already thought was probably going to be truth...

So let's take way the possibility of take out. Where now would someone eat healthily on 17th?

msommers
08-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Well even then there is a lot of pub food. 1410 has great sandwiches & salads, Farm has some great choices, Melrose actually makes good salads. I'm sure I'm missing something but yeah, still a lot of pub food.

dannie
08-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Kale salad at Una
Chicken skewer and Greek salad at Opa
Salad rolls at Thai Thi
If you wanna go a little outta your way - Sunterra on McLeod and there is a takeout place in Marda Loop called Forage

G-ZUS
08-13-2012, 05:26 PM
What about Little Lebanon?

adamc
08-13-2012, 05:54 PM
The Coup is going to be your best bet.

North side between 8th and 9th streets.

http://www.thecoup.ca/pdf/lunch_menu.pdf

fourrings
08-13-2012, 06:55 PM
Wokbox is gone under and wasn't really healthy.

Shawarma knights is where it's at.

black13
08-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Try one of the shwarma places. I'm pretty sure they are fairly healthy as long as you get very light sauce or none at all.
The one by PizzaHut is decent. Haven't tried the other one by Thai Thai.

Extreme Pita is another one. Flat baked pita's are good just tell them to go light on the cheese.

And not sure if Edo's is considered healthy. There's one on 10 ave. Although looking at the fact sheet for the chicken yakisoba, seems like there's alot of cholesterol there. FML.

But I know the feeling, finding healthy food outside, let alone take out is a bitch.

ekguy
08-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Well id lost 65 lbs and i hit a plateau and now i know dieting is the next step...but i definitely do not have the time with 2 jobs working 7, days to make my meals...

bleu
08-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
Well id lost 65 lbs and i hit a plateau and now i know dieting is the next step...but i definitely do not have the time with 2 jobs working 7, days to make my meals...

Congrats! I know there is some organic place by the Chocolate Bar that my friend often gets things from. It is between the Chocolate Bar and Menace Clothing.

ekguy
08-14-2012, 04:51 PM
sweet thanks...last night went in a completely different direction and got clive's...fml

so good though.

adidas
08-14-2012, 09:28 PM
My go to meal on 17th has got to be the thai tai combo 3(i believe its number 33 on the menu). 2-3 cups of rice, chicken breast and substitute the fried spring roll for a salad roll. Tell them to hold the sauce on the chicken. Its by far the healthiest/cheapest/satisfying meal i could find. Make sure u order from the thai tai that is closer to mcdicks as theirs tastes much better than at the other location.

Graham_A_M
08-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Crete greek food. Very close to 28th street on 17th ave.
Its part of the gas bar, with white banners.

(Sorry, even though I literally live 1 block south of there, I forget the name, G & B fuels is it? )

It sounds like a fucking hole, but they have wicked take out. Their open until 9 I think most if not all of the week. I always stop there if I'm in a pinch. Wicked Greek food, and its fairly reasonable with decent portions, especially for the money.
:thumbsup:

I have a good friend that lives a few blocks east on 17th, and he goes there a lot more then I do. Only he's had a couple bad experiences (meat wasn't particularly fresh), where as I haven't so, :dunno:

max_boost
08-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by adidas
My go to meal on 17th has got to be the thai tai combo 3(i believe its number 33 on the menu). 2-3 cups of rice, chicken breast and substitute the fried spring roll for a salad roll. Tell them to hold the sauce on the chicken. Its by far the healthiest/cheapest/satisfying meal i could find. Make sure u order from the thai tai that is closer to mcdicks as theirs tastes much better than at the other location.

Yea I do that a lot, very convenient.

Been eating more sushi recently too. A lot of sashimi.

Smartiepants
08-15-2012, 09:24 AM
On a similar note, any recommendations for healthy delivery to the 17th ave area?