PDA

View Full Version : Condo mgmt company and forced entry into a unit

frizzlefry
08-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Hey all, I have a question regarding a management company being able to force their way into your condo to do a fire inspection. The annual inspection has arrived for my building and the management company slid the notice under our doors. Inspection is happening in a week. In a lovely bolded and often underlined (and highlighted) letter they have advised owners that entry will be gained by any means necessary and someone must be home or you must leave a key with the front desk. Now I understand the need for them to do this but, according the law, the notice must set a date and time for entry and that time must be between 8am and 8pm.

These clowns have set the date and time on their notice as Aug 20 to 23 between 8am and 6pm. That’s not a date and time to me, that's a "sometime". I will be out of town the first 2 days but here on the 3rd day and could easily be available. But they refuse to schedule anything. I was told that if I am not available when they happen to swing by my unit they would get a locksmith and break in.

Is this legal? Of course I was told to just leave a copy of my key with the front desk but the last time a key that opened my door was left with the front desk (contractors were fixing some defects) I was magically robbed. So I don't really feel like leaving a key with anyone. I could easily arrange for a specific time for them to come and have our pet sitter meet them to let them in but, again, they will not schedule a specific time. I would think that when the condo act says a date and time must be specified in the notice, sometime over a 3 day period does not comply...

Any advice? This does not seem legal to me....

guessboi
08-13-2012, 06:11 PM
I just got billed recently for 120.75 for getting a lock smith into my rental the other day for investigating a toilet leak. No calls, no nothing and my tenant was at work.

I called them today and they said if no one is home, they will force their way in...a big FU to my Condo Board.
:banghead:

frizzlefry
08-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by guessboi
I just got billed recently for 120.75 for getting a lock smith into my rental the other day for investigating a toilet leak. No calls, no nothing and my tenant was at work.

I called them today and they said if no one is home, they will force their way in...a big FU to my Condo Board.
:banghead:

I think they can "break in" without notice if its an emergency, like a water leak or something. I am thinking about a) getting one of those sliding magnetic security covers that go over your lock or b) giving in to the wife and getting a great dane.

dannie
08-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Legally, it all comes down to what your bylaws say. Effectively, when you buy a condo, you agree to abide by the bylaws for the building. It's considered a contract even though it's not something you sign. Most bylaws will say that they have to give you 24 hours notice before entering for things such as inspection. But... Yours may be different. Have a peek at them and see what they say.

At the end of the day tho, that amount of time seems far too long. I've never seen notice given for an extended period like that. It's usually done in segments of the building on certain days so the owners don't have to sit at home for days on end.

frizzlefry
08-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by dannie
At the end of the day tho, that amount of time seems far too long. I've never seen notice given for an extended period like that. It's usually done in segments of the building on certain days so the owners don't have to sit at home for days on end.

Last year, it was a week. 8am to 6pm. For a week. Reason was "multiple entries required". I worked from home that week. They came on the first day, sprayed my smoke alarm, made it beep. And left never to return. Took 30 seconds and one visit. And they can't schedule that?

Xtrema
08-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by frizzlefry

Last year, it was a week. 8am to 6pm. For a week. Reason was "multiple entries required". I worked from home that week. They came on the first day, sprayed my smoke alarm, made it beep. And left never to return. Took 30 seconds and one visit. And they can't schedule that?

worst way to test a smoke alarm BTW. Can't they just hit the test button or replace if past expiry date?

e36bmw///
08-13-2012, 08:41 PM
nm

Smartiepants
08-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Long story short, condo bylaws are almost as good as laws, if it's in there they can enter with 24 hours notice, which most I've seen can.

I've been in the same boat, generally I arrange with a couple of neighbours to cover the time period with everyone's keys and leave a note on the door to contact unit ___ to get let in.

elmo909
08-13-2012, 10:08 PM
(6) A person is not entitled to enter a unit under subsection (5) unless
(a) the notice is served on the owner of the unit or an adult person in possession of the unit at least 24 hours before the time of entry,
(b) the entry is made on a day that is not 25  RSA 2000 Section 25 CONDOMINIUM PROPERTY ACT Chapter C-22 (i) a holiday, except that the person may enter on a Sunday if the day of religious worship of the adult person in possession of the unit is not Sunday and that adult person has provided to the person wishing to enter the unit a written notice of that adult person’s day of religious worship, or (ii) the day of religious worship of the adult person in possession of the unit if that day is not Sunday and that person has provided to the person wishing to enter the unit a written notice of that day, and

(c) the entry is between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. (7) A notice under subsection (5) must (a) be in writing, (b) state the reason for the entry, and (c) name a date and time of entry that comply with subsection (6).

Read the Condominium Property Act. It prevails over your bylaws.

With that said, I am on the Board of Directors for a large condominium (over 200 units), and I face the same challenges..

Condominiums have maintainable components (water systems, electrical, fan coils, baseboard heating, etc) that all need to be maintained or they can create a significant amount of damage to the building. Unfortunately, relying on people to maintain these components is not practical, hence the need for the condo board to force repairs and/or inspections.

Property managers typically have 10 properties, or even more, and they do not have the willingness or quite frankly the time to deal with the special requests of hundreds of different people due to life circumstances.. Unfortunately the only way inspections can get done is if they are forced, and a locksmith is standing by for people who aren't home. It really sucks and I hate having to break into peoples homes, but you have to realize it's probably saving hundreds of thousands of dollars in the long run.

With that said, they do need to give you a specific date according to the Condominium Property Act, and should at least try to accommodate your request of a specific date.

I've had to break into several peoples units before without notice, in emergencies, to prevent flooding mostly.. Sometimes they're home just passed out in the shower haha :banghead:

frizzlefry
08-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by elmo909

Property managers typically have 10 properties, or even more, and they do not have the willingness or quite frankly the time to deal with the special requests of hundreds of different people due to life circumstances.. Unfortunately the only way inspections can get done is if they are forced, and a locksmith is standing by for people who aren't home. It really sucks and I hate having to break into peoples homes, but you have to realize it's probably saving hundreds of thousands of dollars in the long run.

With that said, they do need to give you a specific date according to the Condominium Property Act, and should at least try to accommodate your request of a specific date.

Thanks for the perspective. I have no doubt it saves money and a lot of tools will refuse to let anyone in. But I do think that the ability to schedule with owners who pick, say a 4 hour window, should be really easy. Day 1 and 2 is for the people who booked a time. Day 3 is break and enter day. Or hell, day 1 is floors 1-6, day two 7-10 etc etc...even that I can deal with.

I do find it funny that the act says a date and time is required on the notice and my managment company said "Ok, sometime within the legal window early next week". Technically there are dates and a time range is mentioned so it does not violate the wording of the condo act but still...really...? Not sure if the condo act could be used to shoot down the notice as the time frame on the notice does not vilate the wording of the act but, I think, flies against the intention of it. If the act intended to allow entire days to be an acceptable time window for a notice then why does the act specify date and time instead of just a date?

Last years fire inspection was the first to specify "multiple entries required" and was used as the reason they can't book a time with owners. There was a major issue with the fire system ie they lost a certification and had to re-do the initial inspection or something. Either way they entered my unit once for 30 seconds during the week long time window they gave us. Now this notice says the same thing, "multiple entries required" even though its just a basic inspection...I call BS. I think they just say that in order to have a lame excuse to not be organized and book time windows based on floor or something.

sexualbanana
08-14-2012, 12:57 AM
I'm just gonna play devil's advocate here, and say that maybe the notice is worded as such to allow for more flexibility?

Perhaps last year's fire inspection was simple for yours, but who's to say that the other units in your building were just as easy? Or, if a serious issue does occur this time around that they might need to enter your unit multiple times?

I don't have a property management background, or experience in anything remotely related, but I could see how they may just be trying to stay flexible in case things do take longer, or are more complicated, than they originally expected.

frizzlefry
03-09-2014, 10:59 PM
Hey all,

Sorry to resurrect a thread from the dead but more has come out of this. We recently had carpet replaced in the hallways of our building. So the board, yet again, posted a notice for a week long "give us your keys or be home the whole week or we break in" notice.

I don't want to be a pain in the ass and I have the luxury of being able to work from home. So I stayed home. The whole week. Nothing. Then on the 2nd to last day of their notice (family day so I would have been home anyways) they knocked on my door and I opened it so they could install the carpet in the common hallway and flush it up nice and pretty under my door.

I figured cool, they are done, notice was for carpet installation and the carpet was installed. I went to work the next day, which was the final day for their entry notice. I got a "courtesy call" saying they would break in the next day. Apparently they wanted to inspect all the installs so I had to be there for that, no mention of a post install inspection in the notice.

So I got into with them. I told them that what they were doing was illegal as the condo act specifies 24 hours notice of a date and time of entry. Not a week-long entry window. The management chick was speechless for a bit, like she did not know the law. At first they took a hard line with me. Then I sent them the relevant lines from the condo act. Once I did that they softened up. "Oh we weren't sure how long it would be and oh we could not schedule it blah blah".

I do know that I was told by the mgmt company chick that I was one of 16 condos in my building they intended to break into. I fought them on it, and the condo board president came and did the "inspection" himself when I wanted. But they broke into 15 other units illegally, based on the "sometime next week" notice they posted.

So this ramble leads to my next question. I cannot find any mention of this sort of thing in the condo act so I figured I would ask here....I plan on having pick and bump proof medeco deadbolts installed. These suckers cannot be picked and cannot be bumped open. So it would essentially force the condo board to arrange a time with me for entry. Locksmith can't open it.

Is there anything that can be interpreted in the law or condo act that bars me from installing a really good deadbolt that can't be picked?

Burns my ass is all, I stay home all week for this shit in order to let them in for 1 minute of work. I do that and I still get a nasty-gram from the board about getting a locksmith to break in for something that was not on the notice. So I figure best way is to make their locksmith threat completely irrelevant. Force them to provide a notice with a date and time on it or else it ain't getting done...

Mixalot27
03-09-2014, 11:33 PM
So this ramble leads to my next question. I cannot find any mention of this sort of thing in the condo act so I figured I would ask here....I plan on having pick and bump proof medeco deadbolts installed. These suckers cannot be picked and cannot be bumped open. So it would essentially force the condo board to arrange a time with me for entry. Locksmith can't open it.

Or maybe they will break the entire door and then you will be stuck with a bill to replace the door which will be much more than the locksmith charge. :dunno:

jdmXSI
03-09-2014, 11:41 PM
We had a tenant/ owner that want to install a touch pad door lock and had submitted for approval. Being on the board we ALL approved this because it would be easier for the to access in the event of an issue. Perhaps instead of putting up a huge fight and possibly having to replace it in the future, try and work with thwm for a compromise so they wont have to ever call a lock smith ever again!

That being said, I would strongly recommend that you get on the condo board and that way you can have your input towards condo bylaws and decisions from this point forward. It may take 2hrs a month out of your life but you probably also invested $200k+ into your home.

frizzlefry
03-09-2014, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Mixalot27

Or maybe they will break the entire door and then you will be stuck with a bill to replace the door which will be much more than the locksmith charge. :dunno:

Nah. Exterior of my door is considered a common area. My neighbour put a sticker on his warning of his security camera, board made him remove it. Same reason you can't paint the exterior of your door pink if you want. Breaking it down would only mean they damaged common property.

Besides, if they serve me a notice at least 24 hours prior with a specific date and time of entry they won't have to bust it down. My point being they are breaking into units without a notice that complies with the law. They bust my door doing that its on them.

frizzlefry
03-10-2014, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
We had a tenant/ owner that want to install a touch pad door lock and had submitted for approval. Being on the board we ALL approved this because it would be easier for the to access in the event of an issue. Perhaps instead of putting up a huge fight and possibly having to replace it in the future, try and work with thwm for a compromise so they wont have to ever call a lock smith ever again!

That being said, I would strongly recommend that you get on the condo board and that way you can have your input towards condo bylaws and decisions from this point forward. It may take 2hrs a month out of your life but you probably also invested $200k+ into your home.

I have no issue with the condo boards laws so to speak. But I don't have time and could give two shits less about it. But what they are doing violates the Alberta Condominium Act. Which trumps anything they may try and put in the bylaws specific to our building.

I am just looking at ways to force them to obey the laws of our province. Could care less about bylaws they put in specific to our building. How long we can use the gym, do we replace a ping pong ball if its gone...don't give a shit.

I've tried working with them for 11 years on their entry notices to no avail. So I am left with no other choice but to force them to obey the Alberta condo act by nullifying their locksmith threat.

Mixalot27
03-10-2014, 12:14 AM

Nah. Exterior of my door is considered a common area. My neighbour put a sticker on his warning of his security camera, board made him remove it. Same reason you can't paint the exterior of your door pink if you want. Breaking it down would only mean they damaged common property.

Besides, if they serve me a notice at least 24 hours prior with a specific date and time of entry they won't have to bust it down. My point being they are breaking into units without a notice that complies with the law. They bust my door doing that its on them.

The condo board's position would be that it was you who caused the damage to the common property (door) by changing the locks and forcing it to be broken down. If they can charge you for a locksmith, they can likely charge you for a door repair/replacement if necessary.

Now I don't know if your condo board would go so far as to break down the door in the case of you not allowing an inspection. But in an emergency situation such as a flood or a possible fire, they definitely will.

And I wouldn't be surprised at all if they charged you for the new door. You can argue all you want but all they have to do is send you a bill and if you don't pay, they can register a caveat against your title. Then the onus would be on you to take them to court to have the caveat removed.

In my building, one of the owner's smoke detector or some kind of alarm malfunctioned and kept beeping while they were away. One of the neighbors called the fire dept. Fire dept came and broke the door down. Owner had to pay for door replacement even though its technically common property.

frizzlefry
03-10-2014, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Mixalot27

The condo board's position would be that it was you who caused the damage to the common property (door) by changing the locks and forcing it to be broken down.

Now I don't know if your condo board would go so far as to break down the door in the case of you not allowing an inspection. But in an emergency situation such as a flood or a possible fire, they definitely will.

And I wouldn't be surprised at all if they charged you for the new door. You can argue all you want but all they have to do is send you a bill and if you don't pay, they can register a caveat against your title. Then the onus would be on you to take them to court to have the caveat removed.

In my building, one of the owner's smoke detector or some kind of alarm malfunctioned and kept beeping. One of the neighbors called the fire dept. Fire dept came and broke the door down. Owner had to pay for door replacement even though its technically common property.

If it's an emergency. Absolutely. Bust my door down. I'll pay. Of course, in an emergency, a locksmith may not have time to work on a normal lock so it may get kicked in regardless. 5 minutes is a lot if there is a busted pipe and it may take 5 minutes to bump the home depot lock he bought.

BUT my concern is non-emergency entrance requests that do not comply with the law. They commonly ask people to hand over their keys or be at home for a week. The law says a specific date and time is required. This last carpet install time I was home it being family day and all. A security guy came by and unlocked all the doors on the floor and pulled the deadbolt in order to hold them open. A dog got out. I had about 15 minutes in which I could have walked into any neighbours place without being seen and taken whatever the hell I wanted (security made it easier for the installers by opening all doors on the floor at once and just leaving them open, whole carpet process took about 45 minutes). Leave a key with them my ass. Schedule a time as per the law I say.

Mixalot27
03-10-2014, 12:48 AM
I totally understand your position and the condo board does seem pretty unreasonable. It's just that the condo board has all the power in these cases. They can pretty much charge you whatever they see fit, and then if you don't pay they can file a caveat on your title. Your only recourse is to take them to court to have it removed. Which in a case like yours, very likely may happen. But it would be one hell of a pain in the ass. The Alberta condo act is stacked very heavily against individual owners in the favor of the condo boards.

My building also recently got new carpeting. We were told to be home any one of 3 consecutive nights between 5-7pm or pay for the locksmith. Our last fire inspection we were told to be home a certain day between 8am - 5pm. There was no option to leave a key for anyone. You just had to be home or have someone there to let them in. We received 4 days notice and it was during the summer. Several owners were away on vacation and had there units entered by locksmith. Not sure if they ended up having to pay for the locksmith but probably.

ZenOps
03-10-2014, 05:30 AM
I think my condo board is allowed to break down my door if the units chained fire alarm goes off.

But I've also had my water meter moved from outside to inside (with one of those squarish lunchbox looking wireless transmitters) and my gas meter from inside, to outside... Lol.

Both required me to either be there, no rescheduling option. Now that its all done though, I can imagine there won't be any more interruptions - That is, until the government changes the rules again.

Touchpad lock is the way to go for a condo. On all the ones I've seen you can set a second code, that you can erase the next day. Any guests that you might bring over can leave whenever they want by simply pressing the lock button, even if you are drunk or otherwise sleeping. Californication approved :thumbsup:

KappaSigma
03-12-2014, 05:58 PM
SO wait....let me get this straight (and yes I use to live in a condo)....you buy a condo...and knowingly buy into a condo and a condo association which already has set policies and guidelines...and you probably failed to even read the documents or understand how things work...and then when something is not convenient for you...you get all pissed....yet the whole thing is setup to try and accommodate the majority versus the single person... who once again bought a property which is part of a larger association.

That sound about right?

nutella
03-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Your management company seems a tad unreasonable

I have 4 buildings (132 units all together) and when it's time for the inspection, the notices say:

Day 1 - Building 1; 9 am to 12 pm
Day 1 - Building 2; 1 pm to 3 pm
Day 2 - Building 3; 9 am to 12 pm
Day 2 - Building 4; 1 pm to 3 pm

Option to be at home or leave a key with the management company. We do get the odd unit that requires the locksmith but generally speaking it literally takes 30 secs for them to complete the testing

If you have a larger amount of units, of course it will take longer but a week is too long imo

That.Guy.S30
03-12-2014, 09:52 PM
So what happens if they "break" into your condo and your valuables go missing?

frizzlefry
03-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by KappaSigma
SO wait....let me get this straight (and yes I use to live in a condo)....you buy a condo...and knowingly buy into a condo and a condo association which already has set policies and guidelines...and you probably failed to even read the documents or understand how things work...and then when something is not convenient for you...you get all pissed....yet the whole thing is setup to try and accommodate the majority versus the single person... who once again bought a property which is part of a larger association.

That sound about right?

There was nothing in the policies and guidelines about requiring to let them in without consent within a week long window. Because its illegal. It violates the Alberta condominium act.

Even if they did put it in there and I signed it. Still does not matter. Extreme comparison would be "But I have a legal document saying I can buy this baby for $200 worth of meth! That meth-head bitch signed it!" That would still be illegal. Contract/agreement or not.

So no, what you said does not sound about right.

*edit* I should clarify. Its not illegal to ASK if people wouldn't mind please handing over their keys or be home. I have worked from home every time to be accommodating. What's illegal is using a locksmith to enter a unit based on that week long notice.

You want to "force" your way in you need to hand over a written notice to the owner 24 hours in advance with a specific date and time you are going to enter.

frizzlefry
03-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by That.Guy.S30
So what happens if they "break" into your condo and your valuables go missing?

Same thing that happened last time I left my key for contractors to access my unit for a week....I get robbed. 300 DVDs, TV, receiver, computer and speakers.

That's why I am kinda a jerk about it. I'll drop my key off in the AM and grab it when I come home no problem. These outages require your key with them for the week. They don't want to deal with influxes of people handing em in and getting them back every day.

frizzlefry
03-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by nutella
Your management company seems a tad unreasonable

I have 4 buildings (132 units all together) and when it's time for the inspection, the notices say:

Day 1 - Building 1; 9 am to 12 pm
Day 1 - Building 2; 1 pm to 3 pm
Day 2 - Building 3; 9 am to 12 pm
Day 2 - Building 4; 1 pm to 3 pm

Option to be at home or leave a key with the management company. We do get the odd unit that requires the locksmith but generally speaking it literally takes 30 secs for them to complete the testing

If you have a larger amount of units, of course it will take longer but a week is too long imo

Yeah we have 96 units all in one building.

ZenOps
03-12-2014, 10:34 PM
Condo dwellers usually do not store valuables inside a condo unit.

Maybe there is the odd one that has a 300-pound safe (that is - made of reinforced steel, and weighs 300 pounds before you put anything in it) Otherwise, most have valuables stored in a bank where you have to have a key, a code, a signature and or another set of PIN numbers that must be used (or all of those)

Thats why I like condos, everyone else usually does not have anything of high value - and you tend to get a more communal open door feeling.

I was a little worried when I got a 55" HDTV four years ago, but nowadays a new one is so cheap, its not a biggie.

TomcoPDR
03-13-2014, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by ZenOps
Condo dwellers usually do not store valuables inside a condo unit.

Maybe there is the odd one that has a 300-pound safe (that is - made of reinforced steel, and weighs 300 pounds before you put anything in it) Otherwise, most have valuables stored in a bank where you have to have a key, a code, a signature and or another set of PIN numbers that must be used (or all of those)

Thats why I like condos, everyone else usually does not have anything of high value - and you tend to get a more communal open door feeling.

I was a little worried when I got a 55" HDTV four years ago, but nowadays a new one is so cheap, its not a biggie.

where do you keep the nickel collection?

BigMass
03-13-2014, 07:02 AM
seems odd to me that they can enter you unit for any other reason by an immediate emergency such as fire or leaking pipe. Anything else they should book at your convenience or not enter at all. Smoke detectors should be tested by owners and you sign a piece of paper at the entrance confirming that you tested it. Just like regular home owners deal with their own smoke detectors, the city doesn't break into your house to check em out. In the end, you should definitely have more rights as a condo owner than just a renter. As a renter you can be subject to inspections, well, because it's not your unit and the owner wants to make sure it's ok. When you own it, it's nobodies business unless you do something to affect those around you. Then again I've living in a condo and have many friends that do and I don't hear any of these stories from them. When I rented for 6 years straight I never once had them enter my unit unless I requested maintenance myself. Guess some condo management companies are a bit too overzealous.

BigMass
03-13-2014, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

he's probably got it shaped into furniture and common household goods to disguise it :p

n1zm0
03-13-2014, 08:07 AM
There was nothing in the policies and guidelines about requiring to let them in without consent within a week long window. Because its illegal. It violates the Alberta condominium act.

I don't know if your board has one but we have a set of bylaws seperate for our complex under the title: "SUBSTITUTIONAL BY-LAWS OF THE OWNER". All bylaws adhering to the AB condo act and then some specifics tailored to out building. If any disagreement the provincial condo act takes over.

For us at least it's a written 24 hr notice for regular inspection and forced entry for emergency obviously:

3. An Owner Shall:
(a) permit the Corporation and its agents, at all reasonable times on 24 hours written notice (except in case of emergency when no notice is required), to enter his Unit for the purpose of inspecting the Unit and maintaining, repairing or renewing pipes, wires, cables, ducts, conduits, plumbing, sewers and other facilities for furnishing of utilities for the time being existing in the Property, or for the purpose of accessing meters monitoring the usage of any utility, or for the
purpose of ensuring that the By-Laws are being observed, or for the purpose of doing any workfor the benefit of the Corporation generally, provided that;

(i) a notice, in writing, stating the reason for the entry, and noting the date and time of entry, shall be served on the owner 'of the unit or an adult person in possession of the unit at least 24 hours before the time of entry;
(ii) the entry is between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM and
(iii) entry be on a day that is not a holiday, except that the person may enter on a Sunday if the day of religious worship of the adult person in possession of the unit is not Sunday and that the adult person has provided to the person wishing to enter the unit a
written notice of the adult persons day of religious worship;

I think you should get on the board, I did so I could hear the goings-on of how they plan to do this and that, with that in mind if you want to get on, some groups can be really clique-minded, befriend them and then ask for application. 1 week wide open window sounds like BS to me overall.

ZenOps
03-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Missle silo of course.

Of course, one could just melt a couple tons of foriegn nickel into a solid I-beam and disguise it with rust paint to make it look like iron, and put it into any structure anywhere. Noone would ever know, people can't even tell that their coinage is iron now.

One ton of nickel = a cube of nickel 48 centimeters each side. So yes, a small but very heavy footstool.

Canada produced 8,500 tons of nickels from 1922 to 1981, which surprisingly, could probably fit in a house and a half (or be used to make the hull of two quality warships) How much silver coinage did the US create in that time? I think it was closer to 60,000 tons.

Pure nickel in nickel coin form is scarcer than silver coinage.

I mean really, people store a one ton piece of movable iron (a car) and even give it a seperate roof (garage) pay extra taxes on the storage space, and yet they think that storing a footstool of nickel is somehow difficult and/or expensive?

The media has completely brainwashed youz all :nut:

Kyle Bass is storing $1 million worth of US nickels somewhere near the University of Texas. Which is 100 tonnes, which is much smaller in area than the smallest of grain silos.

nutella
03-14-2014, 08:44 PM

Yeah we have 96 units all in one building.

Seriously? Should only take 2 days at the most...for a competent company...