PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know companies that transport Cars?

R-Audi
02-08-2004, 06:55 PM
I need to get a car shipped from Toronto in the next few weeks, and I would like to check around for prices......
Thanks! Oh, i would prefer if it were covered..:nut:

hjr
02-08-2004, 07:10 PM
train. hansen i believe the company called.

Redlyne_mr2
02-08-2004, 07:23 PM
I had my car shipped from Toronto to Calgary with Hansens, it was done all by rail. Im not sure if you can request that they cover it. They were the cheapast around I think with gst and transport tax it came to $749, here's the car ready to ship

heavyD
02-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Don't use SeeRail Transport!!! Those f!@#ers wrecked the spoiler on my car and added numerous scratches. They didn't give me any money to fix it as they said it fell under their clause of "minor dents & scratches" It cost me $500 to ship the car from Toronto & $1600 to fix the damage they caused.:(

R-Audi
02-08-2004, 07:50 PM
What about on Trucks? Anyone have experience with trucks?

Redlyne_mr2
02-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
What about on Trucks? Anyone have experience with trucks?
It will probably cost you over $1000 with a truck much more expensive than train due to operating costs

nit78
02-08-2004, 08:34 PM
I used SeaRail once and those bastards stole all sorts of little things from inside my car. I suggest checking with CP

R-Audi
02-08-2004, 10:16 PM
I am waiting on a quote from Hansens, they look pretty good. I have a family friend in the moving business, maybe i wil ask him for advice..
There wouldn't be too much to steal on the inside, stereo is out, it would mostly be body and engine I would worry about. It says no cost insurance on the website......I wonder if that covers scratches and similiar damage.

sxtasy
02-08-2004, 10:18 PM
see if you can have the car covered, rail dust is kind of a bitch

/////AMG
02-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Last time I checked SeaRail covers you and they tell you to take everything out of the car anyway. I got a quote for $780+GST with SeaRail from Ottawa to Calgary.

westcoastguy
03-17-2004, 12:06 AM
don't use searail. we use searail because they where cheaper, but our car came weeks later being really late and half the time they said their computer is broken down. also when we received our car, the front car had to be painted and badly chips and damaged spoiler. also someone went thru our car and mess everything up and stole many of our hidden stuffs including change in the ashtrays. Their customer service people on site were aweful and told us if we continued to be fustrated with our concern that we would be kick off their property, also if we submitt a claim to searail, we would have to pay a $500 deductable to Searail insurance for them to fix our car. Its much better to use someone else than searail. we are considering taking Searail to court. this incident happen this March 2004. why do you think you have to pay Searail first? because they have so many problems with peoples vehicles with misuse. Also, when you ship your car with Searail they leave your car unlock with the keys in the your car while its being transported. Trust me, your car isn't safe with unlock doors and keys inside your vehicle when your somewhere else.

you decide if you want to use Searail?? i know i 'll never use them

///M3
03-17-2004, 01:29 AM
i would protect my car myself, maybe with some foam lol

mx73someday
03-17-2004, 02:16 AM
We just shipped a Mini to Edmonton from Vancouver with Hansen's, it should've taken around 10 days, but it's been around 20. We're getting it dropped off tomorrow, but when they phoned today, they said that a car crunched into the back of ours and did "substantial" damage to it. They offered to pay for all the repairs, but I haven't received the car yet to know what kind of damage was done and it'll be a while before I'll see if they come through with paying for the repairs.

Before this incident, I had used them once and heard nothing but good things. If they come through with these repairs, despite the damage, I'd probably use them again.

chrissa
03-17-2004, 09:43 AM
Jesus, at $750 to $1000 with no guarentee of a damage free transport, it'd be cheaper to fly out there and drive it back yourself. WestJet charges $130 to $160 for a one way ticket, and if you pay any more than $80/night in hotel, you're getting ripped off. Figure three days to drive back. And you could better control what happens to the car while you drive it back.

Chris.

heavyD
03-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by westcoastguy
don't use searail. we use searail because they where cheaper, but our car came weeks later being really late and half the time they said their computer is broken down. also when we received our car, the front car had to be painted and badly chips and damaged spoiler. also someone went thru our car and mess everything up and stole many of our hidden stuffs including change in the ashtrays. Their customer service people on site were aweful and told us if we continued to be fustrated with our concern that we would be kick off their property, also if we submitt a claim to searail, we would have to pay a $500 deductable to Searail insurance for them to fix our car. Its much better to use someone else than searail. we are considering taking Searail to court. this incident happen this March 2004. why do you think you have to pay Searail first? because they have so many problems with peoples vehicles with misuse. Also, when you ship your car with Searail they leave your car unlock with the keys in the your car while its being transported. Trust me, your car isn't safe with unlock doors and keys inside your vehicle when your somewhere else.

you decide if you want to use Searail?? i know i 'll never use them

I agree. In fact if I'm ever in Vancouver I may look up Tim McGee and lay a Todd Bertuzzi on him. He's the manager and was the biggest A-hole I've ever done business with. I was so pissed I was close to jumping on a plane and confronting him in person. Only use Searail if you don't like your car or want to wreck someone elese car.

heavyD
03-17-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Porsche_944
Last time I checked SeaRail covers you and they tell you to take everything out of the car anyway. I got a quote for $780+GST with SeaRail from Ottawa to Calgary.

Be very careful with Searail. They make you sign an agreement that says "SEARAIL will not be responsible for items below and will ship your vehicle in "as is" condition. One of the items says; "4. Minor dents, scratches, chips or scuffs attributable to normal wear and tear".

They broke my spoiler, scratched the whole passenger side of my car to the tune of $1600 damage. When I sent them two body shop estimates, they came back to me and said they consider that "minor dents & scratches". I took them to the Better Business Bureau as many have done before but it ends up with them recommending you take them to court. With them being in a different province, they know most people won't bother and they laugh it off. I talked to the manager and I can tell you that he is not a person you can rationaly deal with. Don't use them no matter how cheap they are!!!!!!!!

1badPT
03-17-2004, 11:59 AM
I'll drive it if someone has another vehicle that needs to be shipped to toronto.

$600 each way and a signature on a liability waiver. 3 days for the toronto delivery - a week for the toronto to calgary dropoff.

jumaga
02-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

I agree. In fact if I'm ever in Vancouver I may look up Tim McGee and lay a Todd Bertuzzi on him. He's the manager and was the biggest A-hole I've ever done business with. I was so pissed I was close to jumping on a plane and confronting him in person. Only use Searail if you don't like your car or want to wreck someone elese car.

F***. I wish I had this information last year. You are SO RIGHT about Tim McGee. I hired SeaRail to ship my car and after I received it, it had sustained approx $4000 in damage. Instead of owning up and repairing it SeaRail refused. Tim said "We don't cover under body damage". As***h***!

I have since taken them to small claims court, and WON.
The judge threw out their contract clause which exempts under body damage, because you can't contract out of gross negligence.

Don't ship with Searail!!! You've been warned.

Go4Long
02-21-2005, 05:21 PM
hansens is usually very good, we used to use them all the time for shipping our auction cars from out east. however when it came to shipping my rx from vancouver it ended up that allied systems was cheaper and faster(and really good customer service, I told them as a joke that they should get the driver to call me when he was close to calgary so that I could come by and see it arrive, and the driver actually called me. side story to that is I ended up driving out to canmore to see my car where the truck was parked over night)

Supa Dexta
02-21-2005, 06:22 PM

R-Audi
02-21-2005, 06:56 PM
Well, this thread was originally posted in March.....almost a year ago. SHipped with Hansens, worked out great!

tango
05-15-2006, 04:02 PM
jumaga,

I sent you a pm but not sure you have received it. Would you be able to send me a pm with your email address? I am also going to be going to small claims with searail and would like to ask you a few questions if you dont mind. Thanks for your time.

tango