PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Subaru dealerships

2000impreza
08-14-2012, 07:17 AM
I stopped by Subaru of Calgary over the weekend and did not get treated very well. Needless to say I will not be going back and they lost a potential STI sale. Is Centaur any better? or do I have to drive out to Red Deer?

I did look at the Evo at Platinum Mitsubishi as well and slightly prefer the 5 door STI hatch. The sales consultants at Platinum was excellent for the most part.

taemo
08-14-2012, 07:34 AM
from what I heard, yes Centaur is much much better that Subaru Calgary. although I got my WRX from SC I can vouch that their sales people aren't the friendliest.

jetfire
08-14-2012, 07:46 AM
I went to both Subaru dealerships when i was looking to compare prices. When negotiating prices at Calgary Subaru with one of the older sales guys, it felt like he didn't take me seriously, slightly condescending when talking to me, and seemed liked trying to apply extra pressure on the sale whereas dealing with Centaur sales was a much more pleasant experience.

In the end, Centaur moved more on the price so i bought my car from them. Less than a year later i was looking for an additional car for the wife and just went straight to Centaur where they gave me the price i wanted based on the current rebates and typical amount off msrp at that time.

D'z Nutz
08-14-2012, 07:54 AM
I've heard nothing but great things about the Red Deer and Lethbridge dealerships.

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-14-2012, 08:09 AM
I'd say Scott Subaru in Red Deer is the best dealership in the province, by far.

shadowz
08-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Both dealerships have lost sales recently and in the past to me, the neglect and lack of care if astounding

4doorj
08-14-2012, 08:45 AM
^I agree!
Horrible service. I wish bobby still worked at calgary subaru. If he did I would be driving another WRX.

silvercivicsir
08-14-2012, 09:16 AM
I went to Centaur and they treated me great.... Also went to Calgary Subaru, and they weren't bad, but in the end, Centaur gave me the price I wanted..

vadeit
08-14-2012, 11:52 AM
I bought my Sti in 08 at Centaur mostly due to the sales guy, who was great to deal with. Calgary Subaru didn't take me seriously. Which surprised me, especially in Calgary as I don't think I was a rarity getting a car allowance at that age in this city.

Only used Centaur once for service though. Found their service dept to be crappy and the adviser was rude and an idiot. They drove the shit out of my car, I could smell the clutch when I picked it up. I happened to be in the area when they called me saying it was ready, so I was there in less than five minutes. They denied everything, so never went back.

Calgary Subaru service has been ok, mostly due to the service adviser, has been good and honest.

J-hop
08-14-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't know about calgary subaru sales but I have had less than satisfactory service at the parts department. People forgetting to put my order through resulting in a 2 week wait for a part that they told me would come in from their warehouse in a matter of a couple days. Parts guys looking at me with a blank stare when I ask them for a part and then proceed to sit on the computer clicking through parts sheets randomly trying to find the part. Guys that don't know the fluid capacities of engines/trans/coolant etc the list goes on.....

bleu
08-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj

Horrible service. I wish bobby still worked at calgary subaru. If he did I would be driving another WRX.

Yup. I recently got another subaru, but after the service I will not be a repeat customer.

Xtrema
08-14-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm surprised both dealerships are still in business. I guess there are always people who love the abuse in order to own a Subaru in Calgary.

DeleriousZ
08-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Apparently Centaur's been failing lately as well, best to hit up red deer (apparently)

heavyD
08-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I'm surprised both dealerships are still in business. I guess there are always people who love the abuse in order to own a Subaru in Calgary.

Dosen't Subaru ever follow up with complaints about their dealers? These dealerships have been poor for almost a decade now.

Kramerica
08-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by J-hop
I don't know about calgary subaru sales but I have had less than satisfactory service at the parts department. People forgetting to put my order through resulting in a 2 week wait for a part that they told me would come in from their warehouse in a matter of a couple days. Parts guys looking at me with a blank stare when I ask them for a part and then proceed to sit on the computer clicking through parts sheets randomly trying to find the part. Guys that don't know the fluid capacities of engines/trans/coolant etc the list goes on.....

Agreed. I drive an SVX, every time I phone them up for a part (nothing else is really an option since auto-value and everywhere else doesn't seem to carry parts for it) I always somehow end up in an argument with them over something trivial.

My two favorites were when the guy told me that there was absolutely no way my subaru only had one engine in it throughout its run because "all subarus have multiple engines" only to tell me there was only one engine thirty seconds later and then saying I didn't grab the right paint code and that I need to give them my VIN only for him to say the exact same paint code I grabbed once I went through the hassle of giving him the VIN.

I don't really care if they don't know much about a twenty year old car and I don't expect them to. But its infuriating when they act condescending like I don't know what I'm talking about only confirm what I said in the first place without even an apology or "oh I guess you were right".

Mitsu3000gt
08-15-2012, 02:07 PM
I've had two very negative experiences at Calgary Subaru, and would never go to that dealership again. They lost at least one would-be guaranteed sale as well, and all they had to do was let us actually test drive the car we wanted to buy. It was a joke. They also seem to think their STi's are on the same level as a Veyron judging by how difficult it was to get a test drive in one even when seriously considering purchasing the vehicle (Separate incident).

Porsche Dealer - tosses you the keys and doesn't even come with you.

Calgary Subaru - "Sir, this car is equipped with a turbocharger, blah blah blah". Literally had to fight for a test drive on a very mediocre car. I was there with my dad too, and it was for him, not me.

djmr2
08-16-2012, 08:22 AM
FIRST POST!

and I'm gonna waste it talking about a subaru dealership.

Just recently had my car serviced at Centaur, they messed up hard and wanted me to cover the costs since my car will "eventually" need it. Went in for a Type A service, and they did Type C service. Eventually left only paying for Type A but service advisor kept insisting that I messed up. Had to tell him to go look at Subarus own maintenance schedule...

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-16-2012, 08:28 AM
Anytime I need a part, I find out the part number in advance, and call and just request that. I don't tell them the VIN, even though they practically beg for it. Get me my damn part number, and if I ordered the wrong one, I'll deal with it.

Kolbatron
08-19-2012, 11:09 AM
My girlfriend is looking at a new Subaru, perhaps I will lead her to this post, or like metioned above head on up to Red Deer.

georgemagana
08-19-2012, 04:57 PM
I was asked for a $1000 deposit to test drive an Sti that was not even at the dealership at the time! of course when I asked if I get the $1000 back after the drive the answer was no haha! Oh Subaru Calgary... The sales person never thought I was serious about buying the car and was a douche the entire
time!

max_boost
08-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Good cars. Never had a problem with sales and as for service, I don't dealer service my cars unless required.

heavyD
08-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by georgemagana
I was asked for a $1000 deposit to test drive an Sti that was not even at the dealership at the time! of course when I asked if I get the $1000 back after the drive the answer was no haha! Oh Subaru Calgary... The sales person never thought I was serious about buying the car and was a douche the entire
time!

They are still pulling that crap? Its not 2004 anymore. 300 hp cars are a dime a dozen now.

wtf im nameless
08-19-2012, 07:30 PM
I got better service from shady used car lots when I was 17 then either of the Subaru dealers in the city. Last time I was there with my wife who was 7 months pregnant at the time and we were looking for a more family oriented vehicle, the sales guy wouldn't give me a monthly lease price before I gave him an offer in writing, his reasoning? To make sure we're serious... My wife and I literally looked at each other puzzled before we just got up and walked out.

That was at Centaur Subaru in August of 2010 while trying to buy a Tribeca. Ended up buying a brand new F150 Lariat a couple days later from Woodridge Ford.

4doorj
08-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by wtf im nameless
the sales guy wouldn't give me a monthly lease price before I gave him an offer in writing, his reasoning? To make sure we're serious... My wife and I literally looked at each other puzzled before we just got up and walked out.

That's exactly what happened to me at calgary Subaru. They wouldn't give me numbers unless I put 1000 down. So I walked away. this happened years ago (I also got the need $1000 to test drive the sti) and two weeks ago. I thought they would of changed. They lost a sale a few times from me. Ended up buying a different car.
Subaru calgary:thumbsdow

heavyD
08-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj

That's exactly what happened to me at calgary Subaru. They wouldn't give me numbers unless I put 1000 down. So I walked away. this happened years ago (I also got the need $1000 to test drive the sti) and two weeks ago. I thought they would of changed. They lost a sale a few times from me. Ended up buying a different car.
Subaru calgary:thumbsdow

Wow. That's retarded sales tactics. I don't understand how you can sell new cars that way. I will say that in 2009 Calgary Subaru let me test drive an STI and I didn't have to put any money down but it was funny how the salesmen was talking it up the whole time like we were in an exotic car.

heavyfuel
08-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Got mine from Centaur, I despise dealerships but this was a pleasant experience. Red Deer might be a good idea though. Generally friendlier.

cr0n1c
08-21-2012, 01:16 PM
damn.. can't believe Calgary Subaru still pulls this stuff. I was in the same scenario about 3-4 years ago so I ended up buying a civic Si.

flipstah
08-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by georgemagana
time!

Non-refundable test drive deposit?! WTF. :nut:

I've test driven in Volvo, MB, etc. and not once have they asked me for a test-drive deposit.

silvercivicsir
08-24-2012, 08:54 AM
Minus 1 for Calgary Subaru.. Horrible sales guy tried to sell my sister a Hail damaged Forester, as "non Hail Damaged".. Flat out lied to us saying the car wasn't on their lot and in their compound. We were not able to view the said car because the compound is locked at 6pm.

Props to the Business manager who was straight up with us, about the high likely hood it was hail damaged..

I'm never going back to Calgary Subaru..

KRyn
08-24-2012, 09:12 AM
I am getting my STI serviced (diff fluid, transmission fluid and some new keys cut) this afternoon at Centaur Subaru. It took them nearly 3 weeks to get my car in; if I wasn’t so busy I would do it myself. I will report back to this thread about my experience.