PDA

View Full Version : Lost Mercedes Benz Keys in Whitehorn, Westwinds and Prairie Winds Park Area

JMaj7
08-14-2012, 01:48 PM
These things cost like $350 and a couple of days to replace and I think I stored the spare so securely that even I can't remember where I put it. This is a last resort.

I was rollerblading (trying to get back in shape, gime a break) along the bicycle paths behind Annie Gale all the way up through Whitehorn, across the overpass and into Westwinds, along the paths by the Police Building, over by the Mosque into Prairie Winds Park and back. I did a couple of laps over the hill along the track thing on the hills face. This all occurred at around 8:30 pm yesterday. I dropped my keys somewhere and I haven't been able to find them after 5 visits. I'm offering a $50 reward to whoever finds them.

Spoons
08-14-2012, 02:29 PM
For a second there I thought I read "Lost Mercedes Benz".

All I could think of was, "how the fuck do you lose a car? Stolen yes, but lose?"

I have friends that live in that area, one jogs all over. I'll tell her to keep an eye out.

bourge73
08-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Too bad that Dave guy isnt on here anymore,he would be scouring the neighbourhoods for that $50 (for gas $)
:rofl:
Good luck man :thumbsup:

JMaj7
08-15-2012, 08:43 AM
I've been out there five times and have been looking for the spare so thoroughly that I've found all kinds of weird things. It is not motivating when you start to recognize the litter before finding what your looking for, when you find the long lost battery cover for a 10 year old wah wah pedal and a Jazz CD that you didn't think made the move 8 yrs ago. Wish there was a better way. It gets worse. My wallet and registration are lock inside and I need it to order a new 400 dollar key. Fml

speedog
08-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Cover your ass - looks like someone else has lost a Mercedes key in the NE (link (http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-community-lost-found-lost-mercedes-key-W0QQAdIdZ394397857)). Unrelated for sure, but it would suck if someone found your keys and then started poking around the postal code you supplied on your Kijiji ad (not the ad above) and they actually figured out where your car is parked and got into it. Postal codes are usually good to narrow things down to about a one block area or less in urban areas - best to use a generic postal code like the Calgary Tower's so as to keep your location somewhat hidden on Kijiji.