PDA

View Full Version : spray gun

voodoo
08-14-2012, 03:01 PM
im looking for a spray gun to do some painting around the house. anyone know where i can find a decent one for a decent price, or recommend me a particular one that i can buy locally.

i dont need a professional one, as im not looking to paint a car, just some furniture, fencing, garage exterior (stucco) etc....

please and thank you

Modelexis
08-14-2012, 03:08 PM
how much do you want to spend?

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/search/searchResults.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-2512432554914382988&%2Fatg%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FQueryFormHandler.searchRequest.docSort=strprop&_D%3A%2Fatg%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FQueryFormHandler.searchRequest.docSort=+&%2Fatg%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FQueryFormHandler.searchRequest.docSortProp=score&_D%3A%2Fatg%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FQueryFormHandler.searchRequest.docSortProp=+&%2Fatg%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FQueryFormHandler.searchRequest.docSortOrder=descending&_D%3A%2Fatg%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FQueryFormHandler.searchRequest.docSortOrder=+&%2Fatg%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FQueryFormHandler.searchRequest.pageSize=15&_D%3A%2Fatg%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FQueryFormHandler.searchRequest.pageSize=+&%2Fatg%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FQueryFormHandler.searchRequest.saveRequest=true&_D%3A%2Fatg%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FQueryFormHandler.searchRequest.saveRequest=+&%2Fpal%2Festore%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FArchivedProductQueryFormHandler.searchRequest.pageSize=1&_D%3A%2Fpal%2Festore%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FArchivedProductQueryFormHandler.searchRequest.pageSize=+&%2Fpal%2Festore%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FArchivedProductQueryFormHandler.saveRequest=true&_D%3A%2Fpal%2Festore%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FArchivedProductQueryFormHandler.saveRequest=+&question=spray+gun&_D%3Aquestion=+&%2Fpal%2Festore%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FArchivedProductQueryFormHandler.search=+Search+&_D%3A%2Fpal%2Festore%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FArchivedProductQueryFormHandler.search=+&%2Fpal%2Festore%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Ffilesystem%2FDocumentQueryFormHandler.search=+Search+&_D%3A%2Fpal%2Festore%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Ffilesystem%2FDocumentQueryFormHandler.search=+&%2Fatg%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FQueryFormHandler.search=Search&_D%3A%2Fatg%2Fcommerce%2Fsearch%2Fcatalog%2FQueryFormHandler.search=+&_DARGS=%2Fpal%2Finclude%2Fheader.jsp.searchForm

GTS4tw
08-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by voodoo
im looking for a spray gun to do some painting around the house. anyone know where i can find a decent one for a decent price, or recommend me a particular one that i can buy locally.

i dont need a professional one, as im not looking to paint a car, just some furniture, fencing, garage exterior (stucco) etc....

please and thank you

Rent a good one, it will make the job faster, easier, and have a better finish. They will show you how to operate it and it is as simple as having the right tip and pressure for the right paint. The electric hand held ones you can buy are complete crap.

Shouldnt even be a discussion though as brushing it is cheaper, imo easier for a beginner (mostly due to less risk), and looks better when finished! Whatever you do, dont use the sprayer to apply your finish, except maybe on your furniture, always roll the paint off with a roller to give an even finish. This includes stucco.