PDA

View Full Version : Network Technician books? help plz!!

Ali20
08-15-2012, 05:05 PM
I'll be taking NT at sait, and my teacher told me the first topic will be hardware and computer fundamentals so you i should review the A+ curriculum online or get books by Jean Andrews who has written a number of good books on this topic.

ive looked online everywhere for both, and cant really find much, and i'd hate to study the wrong thing.

anyone that studied in NT or could pass some advice, i'd really appreaciate it.

revelations
08-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Not sure about IT specifically, but I find the DUMMIES and IDIOTS guide books quite helpful.

Ali20
08-15-2012, 06:32 PM
lol, come on man, need some advice here.

Mibz
08-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Don't bother.

The 1st semester of the IT program, if it hasn't changed in 4 years, is seriously the entriest of entry level shit. If you can't grasp it, change programs.

EDIT: Err, wait, are you doing ITNS or the Network Tech Fast Track?

temptazn
08-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Hm, well to be honest with you, the hardware course during first semester of ITNS was a joke. It was easy, and sorta pointless, mind you the lab's were sorta decent. But honestly, I think you'll do fine so long as you pay attention during lectures, so really you don't need to do a review before school starts. I would review over Cisco/CCNA & Java materials, unless you're okay with it, Cause I had some troubles with those two classes.

Mibz
08-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Honestly, it's school. You're not supposed to know everything before you go into it. If you struggle with something, work harder on it, ask for help, do what you need to do to figure it out.

I'd never touched a Cisco device before I went in and I walked out with a CCNP. It's possible, you just have to work for it.

Ali20
08-16-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm not taking ITNS, taking the Network Technician, the 32 weeks fast track certificate program.

Isn't ITNS completely different?

Mibz
08-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Yeah, sorry, it is. I can't help you :P