PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Tristar Cars?

corrode
08-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Has anyone dealt with these guys? All I could find when searching 'Tristar" was some vacuum cleaner scam.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

btimbit
08-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Never heard of them, but a quick glance at their website is enough to make me stay way. Something just seems off about it, the way some of it is written.

Rat Fink
08-16-2012, 07:18 AM

corrode
08-17-2012, 05:39 PM
You're probably right. Also, the voicemail message just sounded like some guy's personal phone. "Hey, it's _____(can't remember) with Tristar cars. Leave a message."

Dang. Is there a used car lot in this city you can actually trust?!

Kolbatron
08-17-2012, 06:43 PM
No, I mean there are barely any new car dealerships you can trust either.

ddduke
08-17-2012, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by corrode
You're probably right. Also, the voicemail message just sounded like some guy's personal phone. "Hey, it's _____(can't remember) with Tristar cars. Leave a message."

Dang. Is there a used car lot in this city you can actually trust?!

I don't know anything about these guys, but just because no one has heard of them and they don't have a receptionist does not mean that they can not be trusted.

If you want a car how about you try this:

stop in and look at it, if you like the way it looks then take it for a 3rd party inspection.

scott@tristar
08-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Hello Everyone,

Scott from tristarcars here.

I understand that it can be difficult finding a good used vehicle to buy out there.

Just like in any industry out there there are small businesses and of course large ones.

My business: tristar is a small business that sells all Makes New and Used vehicles.

We have been in business for just over 12 years now. We deal in only super clean low mileage used vehicles. If you look at our website you can see a year or so worth of vehicles that we have sold.

We are licenced with Alberta Motor Vehicle Council (the governing body for car dealers) thier website is AMVIC.org

We have 2 locations: Calgary and Lethbridge.

All pretty low mileage, really nice stuff.

A little about myself: I grew up on a farm in Southern Alberta (4th generation on the farm). I was trained as a vehicle technician for GM just out of high school. Did that for 6 years then went on to work for an automotive engineering firm out of Detroit.

Started this business because I was tired of seeing these big Franchise car dealerships rip people off. I really love this business.

We have a rules at tristarcars:

1) All cars are inspected by an independant shop and driven (big lots buy them from auction, inspect and put on lot) You really need to drive them to get a feel for things they need.

2) Carproof reports on all cars before we take them in on trade or purchase them.

3) We DO NOT sell life insurance... big lots LOVE to push life insurance on you for HUGE profit!! Buy your insurance from your insurance agent; not a used car dealer lol

4) We DO NOT push protection packages, 3m rock guard and accessories at you at extreme markups. If you want that stuff we can get you booked in with a good shop, you pay them directly. If you want us to handle it for you, we charge a nominal fee for our time.

5) You can have the vehicle inspected on your own if you wish. Must be close to our location. There are probably 15 different shops within a short distance of our location.

Cheers,
Scott

FraserB
08-29-2012, 01:46 PM
I assume you will be becoming a forum sponsor in order to advertise?

:dunno:

scott@tristar
08-29-2012, 02:05 PM
One needs to clarify things on these forums when people are jumping to negative conclusions without merit.

That is simply the nature of forums. That is my right.

People asked the question: Who are these guys?.... I answered.

I think that's fair.

:)

Resurrected RA
08-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by scott@tristar
One needs to clarify things on these forums when people are jumping to negative conclusions without merit.

That is simply the nature of forums. That is my right.

People asked the question: Who are these guys?.... I answered.

I think that's fair.

I agree, if you were posting about sales and/or particular cars, that would be advertising.

Trying to explain yourself or protecting your integrity should be allowed.

BCT
09-03-2012, 08:04 PM
HI
I just thought that I would jump in with my experience with Tristar Cars.
I called and talked with the owner/operator of this small car dealership, told him what I was looking for and within days I had the truck I was looking for. I bought a 2011 RAM 2500 Diesel to pull my fifth wheel. I got an amazing deal and the truck only had 14000 km on it. Dealing with Tristar was an excellent experience, so much so that I have recommended over 10 others to try their excellent, professional services.
If anyone is talking bad about this dealership then obviously they have not had the priviledge of their service.

Bill

1JZ-Soarer
09-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by BCT
HI
I called and talked with the owner/operator of this small car dealership, told him what I was looking for and within days I had the truck I was looking for. I bought a 2011 RAM 2500 Diesel to pull my fifth wheel. I got an amazing deal and the truck only had 14000 km on it. Dealing with Tristar was an excellent experience, so much so that I have recommended over 10 others to try their excellent, professional services.
If anyone is talking bad about this dealership then obviously they have not had the priviledge of their service.

Bill

First post on beyond is this hmm...

master hec0
09-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by BCT
HI

Bill

This makes me not trust Tristar:thumbsdow

GTS4tw
09-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by master hec0

Haha, there's still people new to the internet!

roopi
09-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by BCT
HI

Bill

You should have just signed this Scott@tristar

msommers
09-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Unfortunate how everyone assumes the worst right away.

Guy addressed the question well. Seems like a single plug for the company to get shit sorted. Another blurb and advertising seems necessary.

scott@tristar
09-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by master hec0

Just because a customer feels the need to speak of thier experience, is no reason to attack them or try to embarass him or us.
Notice my name is posted with ph # and the customer ended thier comment by listing his name? Not the type of people who hide behind alias's and post unfounded negativity toward others.

I guess we were all raised differently.

Let's try to refrain from attacking anyone else or their livelyhood for no legitimate reason. If you have a ligitimate concern please feel free to contact me at 403-827-0422. That is my cell number. I have no problems with talking directly to people.

I am always reachable by phone.

Also I do end up in Okotoks every now and then as we do sell and deliver several cars into that area.

Get in touch with me and the next time I am in town I'll buy you a coffee. No better way to build rapport than in person.

Cheers,

Scott

Disoblige
09-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Could be a legitimate customer and reviewer so I wouldn't jump to conclusions so early.

scott@tristar
09-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by msommers
Unfortunate how everyone assumes the worst right away.

Guy addressed the question well. Seems like a single plug for the company to get shit sorted. Another blurb and advertising seems necessary.

Funny you should say that. Before just a few days ago I had no idea what beyond.ca was. I am new to forums... as is probably obvious.

A customer actually alerted me to this forum after they googled our name to get our phone number and this forum came up. Our customers are great people. She wasn't all that impressed with some of the people on here, so she figured she should let me know.

All of our customer's are awesome and we appreciate what they do for us!

Now that I have signed up and looked at the website, I think it's fantastic!! Gives us another medium to help people get to know us.
I will most likely recommend this site to our customers as well.

scott@tristar
09-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Could be a legitimate customer and reviewer so I wouldn't jump to conclusions so early.

Hence my offer to buy him a coffee. This way we can both avoid jumping to conclusions.

scott@tristar
09-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by BCT
HI

Bill

Thanks Bill!! I am glad you are enjoying your truck!! I appreciate you taking the time to post your experiences on this site!!

Our Customers are awesome!!

home_boy
10-04-2012, 09:04 AM
BBB rating C+, which isn't bad really. 3 complaints in 12 years, and only 1 listed as "unresolved" which is probably the same for any small business. Give the guy a break. I think buying privately is far more risky.

:nut:

G-ZUS
10-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by home_boy
BBB rating C+, which isn't bad really. 3 complaints in 12 years, and only 1 listed as "unresolved" which is probably the same for any small business. Give the guy a break. I think buying privately is far more risky.

Hi Scott :rofl:

sr20s14zenki
10-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

Gotta applaud his effort at any rate

94boosted
10-04-2012, 02:30 PM

scott@tristar, BCT & home_boy same IP address? :rofl:

scott@tristar
10-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by home_boy

You must be mistaken as we have had 0 complaints on BBB, therefore have no rating.

Please check your facts and modify your post.

Cheers - Scott

REMEMBER our website is WWW.TRISTARCARS.CA

Visit us and give us a call to get to know us better... I am always here to answer any questions 403-827-0422

Since you are all asking, a little more about ourselves:

We have absolutely wicked deals on amazing late model... low, mileage cars. Nicest stuff you will find anywhere. All Carproof verified cars and fully inspected and ready for the road.

We also get our customers tires and accessories at dead wholesale cost... a big part of being a customer of ours.

WOW tires at COST!!!! Won't get those deals anyhwere else!!

scott@tristar
10-06-2012, 03:50 PM

Hi G-ZUS!!

Nice to see you have taken the time to express interest in our business.

REMEMBER our website is WWW.TRISTARCARS.CA

Visit us and give us a call to get to know us better... I am always here to answer any questions 403-827-0422

Cheers - Scott

kvg
10-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Hi Scott,

General Forum Rules:

#11. Soliciting business is prohibited without approval to do so

cam_wmh
04-21-2014, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by kvg
Hi Scott,

General Forum Rules:

#11. Soliciting business is prohibited without approval to do so

I think he wrote his website URL, to clarify his company with BBB.

BBB is a sham anyway, that nobody should take for face value.

n1zm0
04-21-2014, 12:02 PM
^ why bump it after 2 years? lol

Sugarphreak
04-21-2014, 12:47 PM

CanmoreOrLess
04-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by cam_wmh

I think he wrote his website URL, to clarify his company with BBB.

BBB is a sham anyway, that nobody should take for face value.

I can't get a listing for the company on the BBB website.

Also, any car dealer not publishing their prices is a red flag right off the bat. TriStar has no prices AND lists cars they already sold as SOLD. Waste of time.

Zetsu
04-21-2014, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by scott@tristar

3) We DO NOT sell life insurance... big lots LOVE to push life insurance on you for HUGE profit!! Buy your insurance from your insurance agent; not a used car dealer lol

Cheers,
Scott

How can you guys get Sub-prime customers approved without these options available. Most lenders such as Rifco and others, require Life-insurance, EI, Warranty etc. to get an approval.

Mitsu3000gt
04-21-2014, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
From their website...

"All of our used cars are heavily scrutinized, inspected and test driven on a long term basis to ensure top quality for our customers from day one."

To me, that sounds like they don't bother buying their own personal cars because they just use their own inventory. :rofl:

If I am understanding that correctly, I would never buy a car that has been "test driven on a long term basis" (aka used and likely abused) by dealer staff. When people get to use something that they do not own (aka literally anything in the rental world) it is abused 99% of the time.