PDA

View Full Version : **PHOTO RADAR** on westbound Glenmore

FraserB
08-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Just a heads up for anyone planning on driving on westbound Glenmore Trail tonight. The police have a photo radar truck set up on the right side of Glenmore just past the exit onto northbound Blackfoot. It is a black Ram pickup that blends in well with the other work trucks there because of the paving going on.

Speed limit from Deerfoot/Glenmore to Glenmore/Elbow is 50kph

btimbit
08-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Right in the construction too. Careful fellas that'd be a big one!

Thanks for the heads up Fraser my girlfriend will be coming that way. Although I might not tell her just to teach her a lesson, she drives like a moron sometimes

black13
08-15-2012, 11:50 PM
woah I just came from glenmore too! Good thing I was merging from Mcleod.

Sugarphreak
08-16-2012, 08:50 AM

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-16-2012, 08:52 AM
If it was there around 6:45pm last night I got boned I bet.

Tik-Tok
08-16-2012, 09:34 AM
It got me. Probably 10 over. I don't even know why westbound was a 50 zone, it's paved and painted already

KRyn
08-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Hmm it may have gotten me... I don't remember my radar detector going off, but I was driving that way yesterday just after 7:00pm.

Tik-Tok
08-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Probably wasn't up yet. I got hit at almost the exact time Fraser posted. 10:45ish

kenny
08-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
It got me. Probably 10 over. I don't even know why westbound was a 50 zone, it's paved and painted already

For safety obviously! :rofl:

azian_advanced
08-16-2012, 12:46 PM
i was going westbound around 8:00pm last night and i don't remember seeing it there.

on the way home going eastbound around 11:30pm, there was only 1 lane open and was in traffic and i kept seeing flashes go off just under the overpass for blackfoot. i thought it was lightning at first, turns out it was the photoradar going off. it must have gone off once every 5 secs!

Zhariak
08-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Photo radar from a pickup truck?

wow. I usually spot photo radar from a mile away, but it's good to know they aren't using the usual vehicles! This info will probably save me from a ticket or two.

Tik-Tok
08-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by azian_advanced
i was going westbound around 8:00pm last night and i don't remember seeing it there.

on the way home going eastbound around 11:30pm, there was only 1 lane open and was in traffic and i kept seeing flashes go off just under the overpass for blackfoot. i thought it was lightning at first, turns out it was the photoradar going off. it must have gone off once every 5 secs!

Hmm, maybe I didn't get it then. That was the strange thing, I swear the flash hit me on my left side, so maybe it was set up E/B. I hope so, lol.

joyridder
08-16-2012, 01:18 PM
I was travelling there at 8 as well, 10 over, hopefully no ticket. Funny as my gut said to slow down, just my foot never listens ;)

cycosis
08-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Saw it nail someone in front of me which tipped me off to slow down :D

Stealth22
08-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Zhariak
Photo radar from a pickup truck?

wow. I usually spot photo radar from a mile away, but it's good to know they aren't using the usual vehicles! This info will probably save me from a ticket or two.
Recently, I've actually seen it quite a bit. They must have gotten a budget for new vehicles and made smart purchases. It's gotten to the point where I don't trust any vehicle sitting on the side of the road.

Hell, they could save a shitload of money and just buy $800 beaters, and make them look like abandoned vehicles. No one would suspect a thing! Next Top Gear Challenge - Most Speed Camera Tickets for Under 1000 Pounds. :rofl:

I suspect that the fleet of minivans was offered to them at a heavy discount, and the bean counters upstairs just couldn't pass it up. If I worked for the CPS, I would HATE using one of those Caravans, cause they're so damn obvious.

Zhariak
08-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22

Recently, I've actually seen it quite a bit. They must have gotten a budget for new vehicles and made smart purchases. It's gotten to the point where I don't trust any vehicle sitting on the side of the road.

Hell, they could save a shitload of money and just buy $800 beaters, and make them look like abandoned vehicles. No one would suspect a thing! Next Top Gear Challenge - Most Speed Camera Tickets for Under 1000 Pounds. :rofl:

I suspect that the fleet of minivans was offered to them at a heavy discount, and the bean counters upstairs just couldn't pass it up. If I worked for the CPS, I would HATE using one of those Caravans, cause they're so damn obvious.

Ya no kidding! Again, thnx for the heads up! I've never gotten a radar ticket in my life. With this news I'm almost scared I might have some coming in through the mail!

Will definitely be keeping an eye out now!

revelations
08-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Also seen another photo radar truck .... light gray colour I believe. F150?

jdmXSI
08-16-2012, 06:12 PM
I've also seen that truck on west bound memorial by the 14th street bridge and wondered if it also had the noise snare attached. Does anyone know what kind of vehicle the noise snare is on?

DEATH2000
08-16-2012, 06:42 PM
CPS now has a light green Ford Escape outfitted with photo radar. Last saw it sitting under the 33rd Ave overpass on northbound Crowchild Tr.