PDA

View Full Version : Photo Radar - two tickets, one photo!

Davan
08-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Anyone ever have this happen? I recall the flash of the camera, and a little later received TWO separate tickets in the mail. Both tickets have the exact same picture of my car going through the intersection at 14th street and Northmount drive. The time/date/speed along the top of both photos are identical.

However I have two separate Violation Ticket numbers. The description on each ticket differs by exactly 20 minutes, and one is 3kph higher than the other.

What do you think?

My court date for this is tomorrow, so I figure I'll just show up and ask them what's up. Is that the correct course of action or should I be doing something else?

Thanks for your comments!

lilmira
08-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Two identical pics with two tickets? Send them two identical cheques.

Sugarphreak
08-16-2012, 09:39 AM

Davan
08-16-2012, 09:42 AM
I think it would be a stretch to get both tickets tossed... however the one ticket where the time and speed differs from the photo should be easy to have thrown out.... no? yes? :D

Sugarphreak
08-16-2012, 09:48 AM

Zero102
08-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Davan
Anyone ever have this happen? I recall the flash of the camera, and a little later received TWO separate tickets in the mail. Both tickets have the exact same picture of my car going through the intersection at 14th street and Northmount drive. The time/date/speed along the top of both photos are identical.

However I have two separate Violation Ticket numbers. The description on each ticket differs by exactly 20 minutes, and one is 3kph higher than the other.

What do you think?

My court date for this is tomorrow, so I figure I'll just show up and ask them what's up. Is that the correct course of action or should I be doing something else?

Thanks for your comments!

So the pictures show the same time/date/speed as each other, but the violation tickets show different times and speeds? Does either of the tickets match the information in the picture?

FraserB
08-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Seems like it should be easy to get both tossed. Does any of the ticket info match the photos?

Davan
08-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by FraserB
Seems like it should be easy to get both tossed. Does any of the ticket info match the photos?

One of the tickets matches the photo. The other is off by time (20 minutes) and speed (3kph)

Zero102
08-16-2012, 12:59 PM
They'll toss the incorrect one for sure, you could try to get the other one tossed but likely they won't.

Stealth22
08-16-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm guessing they wrote the second ticket for you by mistake when it was meant for someone else.

They'll toss the incorrect one, but the other is probably going to stand.

DeleriousZ
08-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Can always try the "but if one is incorrect, how are you sure the other one is correct as well?" angle. Worth a try.

bignerd
08-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ
Can always try the "but if one is incorrect, how are you sure the other one is correct as well?" angle. Worth a try.

This, they should toss both, how do they know which one is actually correct?

Davan
08-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Well, here's how it ended up. I was down there for four hours this morning. Back and forth and back and forth between the JP Counter, up to a court room, back to the counter, over to see the crown, back to the counter, and finally at the cashier.

The incorrect ticket was withdrawn and the correct one stood.

What a headache. Next time I'll save the four hours and just pay both damn tickets. Sheesh.

Kolbatron
08-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Sucks man. Did they say anything about the validity of the correct ticket once the validity of the other was called into account?

CanmoreOrLess
08-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Davan
Well, here's how it ended up. I was down there for four hours this morning. Back and forth and back and forth between the JP Counter, up to a court room, back to the counter, over to see the crown, back to the counter, and finally at the cashier.

The incorrect ticket was withdrawn and the correct one stood.

What a headache. Next time I'll save the four hours and just pay both damn tickets. Sheesh.

That is their MO, grind you down and you'll just pay next time. At least you have a story for your four hours of work. Does the four hours include parking, to and from the court, etc? I have been seeing a few cars with bike racks on their hitches, no bike, cannot read the plate. Just an idea.

Davan
08-20-2012, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

That is their MO, grind you down and you'll just pay next time. At least you have a story for your four hours of work. Does the four hours include parking, to and from the court, etc? I have been seeing a few cars with bike racks on their hitches, no bike, cannot read the plate. Just an idea.

Hahah parking was another 21 dollars. LoL. Fuckers.

Stealth22
08-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Stealth22
I'm guessing they wrote the second ticket for you by mistake when it was meant for someone else.

They'll toss the incorrect one, but the other is probably going to stand.
Told you. :burnout:

By the way OP, just outta curiosity if you don't mind me asking, how much were the amounts on the tickets?