PDA

View Full Version : ah the joy of getting mail!

marc
08-16-2012, 11:47 AM
one of the greatest things in the world to me is getting mail (that isn't bills), none more awesome then a box of car parts.

new, used, oem, aftermarket, its all so great!

just thought i would share with the masses that don't care.

....i think i need to change careers and become a shipper/receiver

G-ZUS
08-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by marc
one of the greatest things in the world to me is getting mail (that isn't bills), none more awesome then a box of car parts.

new, used, oem, aftermarket, its all so great!

just thought i would share with the masses that don't care.

....i think i need to change careers and become a shipper/receiver

Pics?

DeleriousZ
08-16-2012, 12:13 PM
It's like christmas in the middle of august!

Except I almost never get boxes, I get those goddamn 'we missed you' letters and then I have to wait ANOTHER day to go get it from the post office.

CMW403
08-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah the only ones I have ever been at home to receive from the shipper were my rims and that was pretty awesome.

azian_advanced
08-16-2012, 12:19 PM
yup.. getting a shipment of new car parts arrive at your door feels like christmas everytime!

toastgremlin
08-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ
Except I almost never get boxes, I get those goddamn 'we missed you' letters and then I have to wait ANOTHER day to go get it from the post office. The worst is when it's FedEx and they hold it up at the airport for you. I really need to start getting my crap shipped to work.

btimbit
08-16-2012, 01:20 PM
can never concentrate at work when I know there's some new toys at home!

mugensix
08-16-2012, 03:33 PM
I hate that^ your tracking says its in the city and you have to work that day. -.- i get so depressed and slow! But then its like opening presents!

Zhariak
08-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Bla, I wish I got my effin mail :(

I've gone 3 days without mail now.

Tik-Tok
08-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by marc

Waiting on some new shoes for the Audi now... I've been wanting to buy some for 5 years (since purchase), but could never justify it until I wore out the 17's all seasons.

CANT F'ING WAIT!!!!

DeleriousZ
08-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ
It's like christmas in the middle of august!

Except I almost never get boxes, I get those goddamn 'we missed you' letters and then I have to wait ANOTHER day to go get it from the post office.

Wow speak of the devil, I came home to one of these in my mailbox. Crazy!!

marc
08-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Getting stuff shipped to work is probably the greatest! The lunch time delivery always makes my day too, come back from lunch and bam! package sitting on my desk!

Me--- "Carol, cancel my afternoon meetings"
Carol --- "why?"
me --- "i just got a new package and i cant focus on anything but getting home and ripping through it!"
Carol ---- "..... ok..... but what about the meeting with the foreign investors?"
Me---- "tell them i have the bird flu or something, reschedule it for tomorrow"
Carol----"but..."
Me----"damn it carol! your breaking my google searching focus!"

and then i found out i had no job the next day.

Although one day i probably checked ups delivery status a half dozen times i was so excited, and low and behold i see 3 UPS trucks out side my office but not one of those ass hats (no offense beyond ups drivers) had my package, ended up they forgot it at the depot and i had to wait till the next day. Picture below to prove my excitement
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f336/crxmarc/IMG_02321.jpg

that was like santa forgot about x-mas morning and left presents for me to find boxing day morning.

mugensix
08-16-2012, 06:15 PM
You got fired :0 ?

marc
08-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Haha not really

95teetee
08-16-2012, 07:35 PM
I had some stuff coming in in April, It was due to be delivered on the 24th (by UPS). So, I'm watching the tracking, and it hits Calgary on the 18th. Woo hoo, early stuff for a change.

So I wait, and the status doesn't change (from 'at depot in Calgary' or the equivalent) until the 24th, when it shows 'out for delivery'.

Yep, they held it for six days to make the expected delivery date.

Assholes.

Ymerej472008
08-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Almost hugged the UPS guy when this one showed up :D
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k71/ymerej47_2006/askjdn.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k71/ymerej47_2006/IMG_2012.jpg

btimbit
08-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Ooohhh... Shiny