PDA

View Full Version : Car-cam bad drivers thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Thaco
07-03-2014, 06:34 PM
let me just stop in the middle of the road here.

9gXfxtvB8bQ

TomcoPDR
07-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Looks like the guy/gal just mis-timed turning out, then realized you're coming up pretty fast; so they stopped and respected your right of way. If they would had completed the turn, then they'd be cutting you off.

jaeden
07-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Looks like the guy/gal just mis-timed turning out, then realized you're coming up pretty fast; so they stopped and respected your right of way. If they would had completed the turn, then they'd be cutting you off.

Ya but looks like that was a stop sign too, and they barely slowed down let alone stopped.

avishal26
07-03-2014, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Jro
Episode #4 - Enjoy!

iBHldgo4IuE

I take it you live near the Sobey's in Evanston... what do you drive? and what colour? :D

You drive very similar routes that I do and I live near the Sobey's in Evanston - just wanna make sure I don't show up in one of your videos :rofl:

Thaco
07-04-2014, 08:31 AM
Looks like the guy/gal just mis-timed turning out, then realized you're coming up pretty fast; so they stopped and respected your right of way. If they would had completed the turn, then they'd be cutting you off. there was no way i could make my turn around her, maybe if i went past and basically u-turned around her, either way don't enter the intersection until it's clear to exit it, especially if someone is making a left in to your path...

Originally posted by jaeden

Ya but looks like that was a stop sign too, and they barely slowed down let alone stopped. also, that...

rp_guy
07-08-2014, 05:24 PM
BH6cjUq2dpM&t=30s

FF to 30s for the action! lol

Thaco
07-08-2014, 06:29 PM
MzkUYjnf3Ng

Maxt
07-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Hmm, what does that big flashing arrow point right mean?

-BJQoi0-H7w

Jro
07-08-2014, 07:27 PM
LOL... yes I live very close to the Sobey's in Evanston (so close I could easily walk there). I have two vehicles, so let's keep you guessing, as you just have to look for the dashcam in the windshield :-P

What street are you on?

Originally posted by avishal26

I take it you live near the Sobey's in Evanston... what do you drive? and what colour? :D

You drive very similar routes that I do and I live near the Sobey's in Evanston - just wanna make sure I don't show up in one of your videos :rofl:

roll_over
07-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Maxt
Hmm, what does that big flashing arrow point right mean?

I drove by there maybe 20min later and was wondering what that big black rubber thing was doing in the middle of the road

The_Penguin
07-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by avishal26

LOL I know how you feel. I live near the other Bad Drivers of Calgary guy on Youtube, and keep expecting to see my car in his videos.

Nikola
07-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
MzkUYjnf3Ng

ahh yes go by there every day, people always run reds on that light, there is a police station right by too :dunno:

Thaco
07-09-2014, 07:02 PM
4 drivers almost in a row, who cant read pictures...

Rwn1ckK5_AI

Jro
07-09-2014, 10:01 PM
d-nHCZjoDWQ

jaeden
07-09-2014, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Jro
d-nHCZjoDWQ

Maybe that bike belongs to the dickhead who cracked his throttle on 17th last evening and left my ears ringing for the rest of day.

One can only hope.

codetrap
07-10-2014, 08:58 AM
4 drivers almost in a row, who cant read pictures... So, you're staying that they can't read pictures because there's only a single sign that says left, and people are doing a dual left turn onto Barlow South without interfering with traffic..

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/images/80a.jpg
http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/1999.htm

Is that actually prohibited? The intersection is set up for it, it's just missing the one sign...

Mibz
07-10-2014, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by codetrap
Is that actually prohibited? The intersection is set up for it, it's just missing the one sign... From the page you linked:

When turning right or left where dual lane turns are indicated by pavement markings or signs No markings or signs, no dual turn.

Some people do this going from WB 194 to SB MacLeod and I really don't mind, especially if the line is super long, but that's an exception.

codetrap
07-10-2014, 09:26 AM
Yeah, I guess you're right. I re-read it more carefully. Too used to skimming. :P

"Dual lane turns can only be made where indicated. "

Still not really seeing the issue in this particular circumstance.. it's not like it's slowing down traffic or creating a safety hazard. All the "illegal left dual turns" are being done on an advance turn light.. so *shrug*

Seems kinda nitpicky to me.

Thaco
07-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I guess you're right. I re-read it more carefully. Too used to skimming. :P

"Dual lane turns can only be made where indicated. "

Still not really seeing the issue in this particular circumstance.. it's not like it's slowing down traffic or creating a safety hazard. All the "illegal left dual turns" are being done on an advance turn light.. so *shrug*

Seems kinda nitpicky to me. the issue is, it's not allowed....

people who are turning legally, would not expect you to be there, since you shouldn't be, and may make a wider turn because they should be able to, and cause a collision, because you shouldn't be there.

Not too sure what's difficult to understand about the signage and lights dictate the rules... reguardless of your opinion.

Unknown303
07-10-2014, 09:37 AM
If they don't have the sign they shouldn't be making the turn. If I'm not mistaken.

rage2
07-10-2014, 09:39 AM
Off topic, but since we're talking about markings for multiple turn lanes...

http://goo.gl/maps/ejvLy

From 7am-9am, the 3rd lane is a turn lane (the sign flips to indicate that). I arrived today stopped in the 3rd turn lane at a red light, and lo and behold, the damn sign flips to straight only.

Am I still allowed to make the turn in the 3rd lane?

Thaco
07-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by rage2

From 7am-9am, the 3rd lane is a turn lane (the sign flips to indicate that). I arrived today stopped in the 3rd turn lane at a red light, and lo and behold, the damn sign flips to straight only.

Am I still allowed to make the turn in the 3rd lane? that's a pretty funny situation... i would think legally, no... since the sign indicated straight only when you entered the intersection, but i dont know what the call would be for sure.

codetrap
07-10-2014, 09:44 AM

Am I still allowed to make the turn in the 3rd lane? According to Thaco, HELL NO!! Just like in Dragon Poker (https://sites.google.com/site/rulesofdragonpoker/the-rules-of-dragon-poker/the-modie) you MUST follow all the rules. Otherwise, you will pay the ultimate price!!

Thaco
07-10-2014, 09:45 AM
According to Thaco, HELL NO!! Just like in Dragon Poker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Poker) you MUST follow all the rules. Otherwise, you will pay the ultimate price!! lol, because your opinion doesn't overshadow the laws... you get mad... and somehow it's my fault... alright buddy.

codetrap
07-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Thaco, I'm just jerkin yer chain a bit. :)

rage2
07-10-2014, 09:52 AM
that's a pretty funny situation... i would think legally, no... since the sign indicated straight only when you entered the intersection, but i dont know what the call would be for sure.
Yea, I've always wondered what would happen in that scenario. 15 years driving that intersection it's the first time it's happened. I turned anyways, hope Thaco didn't catch me on dashcam. :rofl:

Unknown303
07-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Thaco, I'm just jerkin yer chain a bit. :)

I wish someone would jerk my chain :poosie:

Thaco
07-10-2014, 10:18 AM

Yea, I've always wondered what would happen in that scenario. 15 years driving that intersection it's the first time it's happened. I turned anyways, hope Thaco didn't catch me on dashcam. :rofl: i dont do downtown, so you're safe :)

codetrap
07-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303
I wish someone would jerk my chain :poosie: If you got the money honey, I got the time... :bigpimp:

clem24
07-10-2014, 11:41 AM
Yeah that turn is weird.. Since the lane reversal stops at 8:30 and the sign doesn't flip till 9. In any case, I find people use that lane for whatever - go straight, turn, and I generally don't care because 5th has more than adequate lanes to turn into, and if they choose to go straight when it's turn only, no harm done either.

I remember one morning there was some serious crash somewhere and people (me included) were using the lane reversal lane at 8:45 because it was soooo backed up. People coming onto the bridge in the other direction had to slam on the brakes after they realized they everyone was blocking the lane. :rofl:

nissanK
07-11-2014, 08:06 AM
Speaking of turns.....
98Hh6JN2dLY

Jro
07-11-2014, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by nissanK
Speaking of turns.....
98Hh6JN2dLY

That last clip... :facepalm: I just can't believe people, someone should track him/she down, and rip the keys out of their car, and put them down the sewer system.

rage2
07-11-2014, 08:16 AM
^ nothing wrong with the 2nd half of the video. If you aren't aggressive in your turns and look for pedestrian gaps in downtown, you're not going anywhere.

Edit - thinking about that intersection again, I'm pretty sure there's no left turns allowed there. I don't take my comment back for downtown pedestrians.

Thaco
07-11-2014, 08:17 AM
^ nothing wrong with the 2nd half of the video. If you aren't aggressive in your turns and look for pedestrian gaps in downtown, you're not going anywhere. it's just funny that it was the cabby *not* running people down.

rage2
07-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Haha didn't even notice the cab there. Not gonna lie I might've done the same thing if that was a legal left.

snowcat
07-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by nissanK
Speaking of turns.....
98Hh6JN2dLY

No left turn there on the second half of the clip.

Thaco
07-11-2014, 04:58 PM
wife had the opportunity to squish a bug on the way home from work today...

This is from her car so it's taken by the the Ojocam Pro 1 camera. (not the pro2) (i snipped out most of the audio)

xp5qES-RyPI

snowcat
07-11-2014, 05:11 PM

This is from her car so it's taken by the the Ojocam Pro 1 camera. (not the pro2) (i snipped out most of the audio)

xp5qES-RyPI

I hate that. What's the immediate need to be in that lane? None.

schocker
07-11-2014, 05:15 PM
My favorite are the clueless people who drive into you, you lay on the horn, and instead of moving back into their original lane they keep going :rofl:

16hypen3sp
07-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Close call today due to me being in the wrong place within the lane. However, I noticed she doesn't signal nor does she shoulder check.

Second clip is the standard pedi crossing the street against the green light.... dummy.

HD it up...
watch?v=euHXZSo9CQ4

roll_over
07-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Sorry for going off topic but speaking about dodging people reminded me of this

L-9aS5AmrUQ

16hypen3sp
07-11-2014, 09:07 PM
^ what a fucking joke.

Nikola
07-11-2014, 11:09 PM
good reaction time tho...

TheHumbleGeek
07-12-2014, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
^ what a fucking joke.

Howso?

The stupid drivers not yeilding to a pedestrian? or the fact that the guy keeps walking back and forth across the same crosswalk and people STILL don't yield for him...

revelations
07-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Close call today due to me being in the wrong place within the lane. However, I noticed she doesn't signal nor does she shoulder check.

Second clip is the standard pedi crossing the street against the green light.... dummy.

HD it up...
watch?v=euHXZSo9CQ4

Couple of things, you didnt maintain your lane dominance and you failed to use the horn to notify the driver that they are a moron.

Also, do you wear black coloured-gear?

clem24
07-12-2014, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by snowcat
I hate that. What's the immediate need to be in that lane? None.

Hate to be stereotypical but some women are just NOTORIOUS for this. Crowchild seems to have lots of these. They get on to Crowchild and first thing they do is cut all the way over to the left lane and settle in at exactly 80 km/h.

And not sure what it is but when people (ahem i mean a specific sex) want to be in a specific lane, they will do anything to get there (and usually for absolutely no reason whatsoever).

revelations
07-12-2014, 11:52 PM

xp5qES-RyPI

This is why Stoney Trail (with no intersections) has crashes on perfect, clear days.

16hypen3sp
07-13-2014, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by TheHumbleGeek

Howso?

The stupid drivers not yeilding to a pedestrian? or the fact that the guy keeps walking back and forth across the same crosswalk and people STILL don't yield for him...

Both. The whole situation is fucked.

Originally posted by revelations

Couple of things, you didnt maintain your lane dominance and you failed to use the horn to notify the driver that they are a moron.

Also, do you wear black coloured-gear?

Let me see if I understand what your saying... are you implying that I should have just stayed in the lane where I was and just use the horn instead of taking evasive action? Or are you saying that I was in the wrong place in my lane (which I completely agree with) and causing myself to be less visible?

As for the gear, look at my sig.

BokCh0y
07-13-2014, 07:35 PM
Train crossing arm nails Acura SUV in the roof. Pedestrians laugh:

U-YwJUNOQNY&feature=youtu.be

Fool fails to stop at a stop sign. Luckily I'm aware and not going fast so I stop to let him go, otherwise whamo:

p8N-R8AgJDA&feature=youtu.be

Lady in Civic goes down the wrong side of the road during non-peak traffic hours - Centre Street Bridge lower deck:

bRV-o_m15s0

TomcoPDR
07-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
Train crossing arm nails Acura SUV in the roof. Pedestrians laugh:

U-YwJUNOQNY&feature=youtu.be

Fool fails to stop at a stop sign. Luckily I'm aware and not going fast so I stop to let him go, otherwise whamo:

p8N-R8AgJDA&feature=youtu.be

Lady in Civic goes down the wrong side of the road during non-peak traffic hours - Centre Street Bridge lower deck:

bRV-o_m15s0

haha to the Acura SUV. What an idiot at parking lot stop sign. That lady just pure :banghead: wtf she thinks traffic just stopped for fun or something?

16hypen3sp
07-13-2014, 08:52 PM
Hey bokchoy, why are your headlights flashing? I noticed it in the lady in civic video.

BokCh0y
07-13-2014, 09:56 PM
Hey bokchoy, why are your headlights flashing? I noticed it in the lady in civic video.

I picked up a set of those LED 9005/9006 bulbs to replace my regular halogen 9005/9006 daytime running lights. So now my front lights are white instead of yellow.

The LED's flash and the flashing is picked up only on video, but you can't see it in person. Weird but true.

16hypen3sp
07-13-2014, 10:22 PM

I picked up a set of those LED 9005/9006 bulbs to replace my regular halogen 9005/9006 daytime running lights. So now my front lights are white instead of yellow.

The LED's flash and the flashing is picked up only on video, but you can't see it in person. Weird but true.

Hmm. Interesting.

TheHumbleGeek
07-14-2014, 12:29 AM
wouldnt it be more likely that what you are seeing is actually the frame rate on the camera approaching the frequency of the pulse-width modulated dimming of the headlights? this would explain why you can only see it in video and not in person. Google "persistance of vision" and it'll make more sense.

That said, the acura doesnt surprise me anymore (site right close to that), the parking nimrod woulda got a horn from me, and the civic probably doesnt know that its only one direction during rush times, and is bi-directional the rest of the time...

16hypen3sp
07-14-2014, 02:36 AM
So myself and my brother decide to head out for a midnight ride. We had just pulled into the station so I could wipe a few bugs off my shield when this happened. Not exactly sure what caused it... my guess is a truck in the centre lane went to turn left thus causing the SUV in left lane to make contact. Nothing too major. RCMP showed up and I thought I seen an ambulance heading that way a few mins later. No serious injuries from what we could see. SUV had serious damage to front passenger side... probably a write off.

Something odd... I have been driving since 2005. From then until this year, I have never seen a collision unfold in front of me. But this year, I have seen two so far. Maybe drivers actually are getting worse. :dunno:

Remember - HD. Sorry for the bug on the GoPro housing. Didn't get to wipe that one before this occurred.
watch?v=ROVytcSJhYg

BokCh0y
07-14-2014, 10:36 AM
wouldnt it be more likely that what you are seeing is actually the frame rate on the camera approaching the frequency of the pulse-width modulated dimming of the headlights? this would explain why you can only see it in video and not in person. Google "persistance of vision" and it'll make more sense.

That said, the acura doesnt surprise me anymore (site right close to that), the parking nimrod woulda got a horn from me, and the civic probably doesnt know that its only one direction during rush times, and is bi-directional the rest of the time...

Thanks for that Humblegeek :thumbsup:

16hypen3sp
07-14-2014, 09:13 PM
Another vid for you guys.

Ford Fusion changed lanes once then goes back to my lane and pushes me out.

Dodge driver is just using the ambulance to bypass traffic.

watch?v=XqcC2P2Xq3k

cherpintow
07-14-2014, 09:40 PM

Howso?

These are the types of tactics that can contribute to the resentment of traffic cops. I think it adds a distrust of those in uniform as well, it's like they are playing a game and "gotcha!". They should add some flashing lights to the intersection if safety is a concern, but it's easier to just make a few thousand dollars in fines and be on your way.

revelations
07-14-2014, 11:53 PM

Both. The whole situation is fucked.

Let me see if I understand what your saying... are you implying that I should have just stayed in the lane where I was and just use the horn instead of taking evasive action? Or are you saying that I was in the wrong place in my lane (which I completely agree with) and causing myself to be less visible?

As for the gear, look at my sig.

Yea, gear unfortunately makes a GIANT difference - I switched from gray to Yellow/Black jacket and the change was IMMEDIATE.

As far as lane positioning, yeah personally in that specific situation I would have been on the opposite side of that lane - closest to merging traffic so that they could see you. Being in the far side of the lane sometimes makes people think youre in another lane.

msommers
07-15-2014, 12:28 AM
Another vid for you guys.

Ford Fusion changed lanes once then goes back to my lane and pushes me out.

Dodge driver is just using the ambulance to bypass traffic.

watch?v=XqcC2P2Xq3k

The biggest reason I'm scared to get on a bike - idiots on the road who can so easily take you out. Yikes, glad you're OK and double checking everything.

TomcoPDR
07-15-2014, 05:24 PM
UUZ-373 needs to learn how to merge. (headsup, long video for first minute 1:00; just to show unprovoked)

Getting off Deerfoot South (moron was wayyyyyyy in front of me)

Either moron brake checks me unprovoked merging onto Southland Drive West bound.. or just needs to learn how to merge. One of the IMHO easiest merges in Calgary to pre-scan your roads/traffic yet most fucktards have times with this Calgary engineering marvelous .

Gets all mad and fingery passing him after he merged with both his thumb up his ass. Later on, learns he's pounding down some sunflower seeds; presumably semen flavour.

gLrH3zlxUMI&list=UUVPnqgiFlsKI9tRkJEh0zTA

BokCh0y
07-15-2014, 05:51 PM
UUZ-373 needs to learn how to merge. (headsup, long video for first minute 1:00; just to show unprovoked)

Either moron brake checks me unprovoked merging onto Southland Drive West bound.. or just needs to learn how to merge. One of the IMHO easiest merges in Calgary to pre-scan your roads/traffic yet most fucktards have times with this Calgary engineering marvelous .

Gets all mad and fingery passing him after he merged with both his thumb up his ass. Later on, learns he's pounding down some sunflower seeds; presumably semen flavour.

bwahahaha semen flavor.

The fuck is up with buddy...clear area to merge, has to brake check you with no traffic? Maybe he got scared seeing an Asian on his ass haha.

mazdavirgin
07-15-2014, 06:00 PM

That's so weird. I don't even understand how he would be pissed off? Just looks like he randomly decided to mash the breaks?

TomcoPDR
07-15-2014, 06:06 PM

bwahahaha semen flavor.

The fuck is up with buddy...clear area to merge, has to brake check you with no traffic? Maybe he got scared seeing an Asian on his ass haha.

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

That's so weird. I don't even understand how he would be pissed off? Just looks like he randomly decided to mash the breaks?

Didn't tailgate him nothing... He was 1km ahead exiting deerfoot southbound. Just pure moronic; but evidence in this thread in this city shouldn't surprise anyone. Carry on, good for a laugh. :whocares:

colinxx235
07-15-2014, 08:16 PM
well this isn't a video, but walking down the street in mission I was about half a block away when I heard a girl scream "omg stop" as an suv ran right through a stop sign and ran over this biker

was not a pleasant thing to watch... driver of the suv is a dipshit and hopefully biker will be ok

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/480x640q90/745/52dc40.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/480x640q90/745/0119f1.jpg

mazdavirgin
07-15-2014, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235
well this isn't a video, but walking down the street in mission I was about half a block away when I heard a girl scream "omg stop" as an suv ran right through a stop sign and ran over this biker

was not a pleasant thing to watch... driver of the suv is a dipshit and hopefully biker will be ok

Almost the same scene around the brentwood area tonight @ ~7:00. For a second I thought it was the same scene till I noticed the part about mission. Spooky...

ipeefreely
07-16-2014, 07:44 PM
Nothing too exciting from last month...
L-ORNG0LIfU

TomcoPDR
07-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by ipeefreely
Nothing too exciting from last month...
L-ORNG0LIfU

Thanks for sharing. Yeah either just not paying attention or signage. At least the person realized and went on their merry way.

n1zm0
07-17-2014, 07:37 AM
Thanks for sharing. Yeah either just not paying attention or signage. At least the person realized and went on their merry way.

Had rental plates too, last week it was rental plate mayhem for dashcam screw ups downtown, but I was driving the car without it unfortunately :/

On a side note, i'm thinking of bringing my cam to SE Asia next month, maybe I'll get some good footage of the chaos down there :D

relyt92
07-22-2014, 06:00 PM
vEPFsc8iXV0

BokCh0y
07-22-2014, 10:54 PM
Not sure what this dbag's prob was. I passed him in regular speed, he then insists on passing me, changing lanes into my lane then brake checking me. Then he pulls up beside me and waves his fists and shit before turning off to market mall. If you look while I passed him, my speed wasn't excessive nor did he have his signal on otherwise I would've let him change lanes. Oh well....just another dbag.

vid:
toCgOQSq-BY&feature=youtu.be

Crazy ass aboriginal lady starts crossing the road. dude in BMW clearly didn't see her till the last minute. She freaks out and swears, then continues to cross the street. fingers were exchanged. We laughed. Too early to be drinking...

vid:
VwPeNU3pbr0&feature=youtu.be

Dumbass just cuts me off. No signaling, no nothing.

vid:
Z-_SNL_IgsY&feature=youtu.be

Fool in acura mdx almost runs yield sign potentially taking out biker in front and myself and my broad. luckily he stops at the last minute. close call but no bricks were shit.

vid:
lTpGBf6boB0&feature=youtu.be

TomcoPDR
07-23-2014, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by relyt92
vid

Thanks for sharing... There are ppl out there who can't time their left turns

vid

- asswipe in black Nissan Murano, some ppl just entitlement owning the road

- So funny she's on roller skates, where's her horse?

- that biker dude super lucky

TheStigz
07-23-2014, 08:23 AM

vid:

Cutoff lol?

It looks to me he/she just went into your lane in advance without signalling?

This is being cut-off..

Example of cutoff (http://youtu.be/bB2Gig566TA)

Aznshadow85
07-25-2014, 03:43 PM
Cut off to get to the far lane. There was plenty of room behind me.

cXsdXbzBKjc

16hypen3sp
07-25-2014, 03:48 PM

vid:

The funniest thing about this video is whats being said on the radio.

colinxx235
07-25-2014, 06:19 PM
It would seem with changing work locations my videos have reduced quite a bit... Unfortunately the video with the morning sun/lighting didn't catch the plate

hb23WVbbu5o

TomcoPDR
07-25-2014, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Aznshadow85
Cut off to get to the far lane. There was plenty of room behind me.

cXsdXbzBKjc

Never understood these types of people. No cars behind, but must cut in front of you to get over. :thumbsdow

relyt92
07-25-2014, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235
It would seem with changing work locations my videos have reduced quite a bit... Unfortunately the video with the morning sun/lighting didn't catch the plate

That's an Infiniti not a BMW. BMW drivers are smarter than that.

JaffX
07-25-2014, 11:24 PM

I think he was talking about the BMW SUV not letting in the Infiniti.

relyt92
07-26-2014, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by JaffX

I think he wasw talking about the BMW SUV not letting in the Infiniti. Well shit.

colinxx235
07-26-2014, 12:42 AM

Yah the bitch in the bmw accelerated when the G gave plenty of time to move lanes. Thankfully my brakes work well :rofl:

definitely know my cars tho :devil:

gx12
07-26-2014, 04:30 AM
this happens too often, even at low speed with highbeam on and blue/black jacket blue bike helmet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuLh_plZph4

bjstare
07-26-2014, 07:55 AM
^If you always ride with your highbeam on, you should smarten up. Riding defensively is going to be way more effective in avoiding a crash than blinding other motorists is.

Mista Bob
07-26-2014, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by gx12
this happens too often, even at low speed with highbeam on and blue/black jacket blue bike helmet.

In those situations where you aren't sure if the other driver has seen you, move left n right within your lane a few times. Lateral movements work better than anything else for getting seen.
This sorta thing almost completely stopped happening once I started doing this.

Think the highbeam thing is mostly just a myth that it does something. And once it starts to get any darker out the highbeam actually makes it harder for other motorists to judge your distance and thus make problems more likely.

16hypen3sp
07-26-2014, 10:10 AM
^ Don't motorcycle school tell you to ride with the high beam on?

I always used to but stopped doing it a few years ago. Didn't notice any increase or decrease in the amount of close calls.

Like cj said... defensive driving is key. Just be prepared for the shit to hit the fan.

revelations
07-26-2014, 11:00 AM

horn dude!!

gx12
07-26-2014, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by cjblair
^If you always ride with your highbeam on, you should smarten up. Riding defensively is going to be way more effective in avoiding a crash than blinding other motorists is.

^ Don't motorcycle school tell you to ride with the high beam on?

I always used to but stopped doing it a few years ago. Didn't notice any increase or decrease in the amount of close calls.

Like cj said... defensive driving is key. Just be prepared for the shit to hit the fan.

i always ride defensively, I was half expected him to move as I was keeping an eye on his truck, as you saw i moved away at the same time as his truck started rolling out. nothing dangerous there.

as for high beam, i only have it on for day riding. it helps a little bit in a way.

Originally posted by revelations

horn dude!!

i revv just to see if my exhaust is loud enough for the cager... apparently not. lol

wildrice
07-27-2014, 02:23 PM
Spotted a Audi Grand Am!

http://i.imgur.com/OHEDZDY.png

master hec0
07-27-2014, 05:31 PM
just an old video from winter. This could have gone much worse for him. very lucky

hlTdf8zmU5Y

snowcat
07-28-2014, 06:54 AM

i revv just to see if my exhaust is loud enough for the cager... apparently not. lol

Your exhaust is pointed behind you, and it's quiet as hell. Not going to do anything.

Not saying this is going to help in this situation, but you have poor lane position. You should be riding close to the dotted line and take control of the lane.

OneGreasyHobo
07-28-2014, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by snowcat

Your exhaust is pointed behind you, and it's quiet as hell. Not going to do anything.

Not saying this is going to help in this situation, but you have poor lane position. You should be riding close to the dotted line and take control of the lane.

I always thought left hand portion of the lane.. Was told that was proper from the school long ago too. DMV book said that too...

Ride with highbeams on? What kind of inbred motorcycle school's does calgary have now.

In the end.. You can ride in the left, right and middle position of the road and still not be seen. Fuck, jesus could be fucking a midget on your rear seat and you still wont be seen.

Ride like your invisible. Bikes are small, people are dumb.

120Comm
07-28-2014, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by master hec0
just an old video from winter. This could have gone much worse for him. very lucky

hlTdf8zmU5Y

Northbound Métis onto westbound Stoney?

Can you peel the potato you were filming with, it might improve things. :D (j/k)

nissanK
07-28-2014, 08:58 PM
sJ2s1r9zzwM

codetrap
07-29-2014, 03:48 PM
nissanK, you can remove that Vico-Tag text from your camera in the settings, and change it for anything you'd like.

codetrap
07-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by OneGreasyHobo
Fuck, jesus could be fucking a hot naked midget model riding a unicycle on your rear seat and you still wont be seen.

Ride like your invisible. Bikes are small, people are dumb.

Fixed that for you....

nissanK
07-29-2014, 08:22 PM
nissanK, you can remove that Vico-Tag text from your camera in the settings, and change it for anything you'd like.

Yeah, I keep forgetting about it lol.

TheHumbleGeek
07-31-2014, 01:44 AM
*sigh* anyone else notice that chrysler only had one and one-third functional brake lights????

gx12
07-31-2014, 02:23 AM
wtf is wrong with these assholes?
I've heard this happen to a co-worker before, as he works in the NE quite often too.

they are definitely not undercover police of any kind, I manage to spot 2 drivers(looks like east Indians) in casual clothes. all normal looking trucks.
out for a truck-night cruise maybe?:banghead:

it's by 64ave & Metis trail NE at 1:05am.

emuEcuAZ9sM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emuEcuAZ9sM

16hypen3sp
07-31-2014, 02:43 AM
^Wow, wow, WOW!

There is so much going wrong here... That first truck looks almost like it makes its left turn into oncoming traffic. Third truck goes speeding past the second truck mid-turn. And they just keep on coming through the red light.

Jesus...:facepalm:

Thanks for sharing that.

TheHumbleGeek
07-31-2014, 03:17 AM
*sigh* id love to defend this.... but I cant.... Thats my neck of the woods.... I keep telling the GF i need a push bumper, but she won't let me... something about going on a rampage while ranting about reducing stupidity...