PDA

View Full Version : Car-cam bad drivers thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

DEATH2000
09-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Going up Crowchild to Stoney Tr. I shoulder check to see if its clear to merge over, and as I look back I see jack ass in the honda cutting across four lanes:
MYDJmZHT6a8

No Dual turn lane? Thats okay because I need to get my new BBQ home:
19pR7GFXIqc

I suck at embedding, so if anyone could help me out thatd be great! Thx.

EDIT by Mibz: I got your back, brah

colinxx235
09-05-2013, 09:58 PM
got this one today, unfortunately I didn't scope the guys LP# and I can't see it in the video. No zooming software etc

r3_D1_zGCS4

edit: it appears window video maker destroyed the quality as the clips were split on the blackvue :(

relyt92
09-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235
[B]got this one today, unfortunately I didn't scope the guys LP# and I can't see it in the video. No zooming software etc

I'm usually more surprised when I don't see someone getting cut off there.

Modelexis
09-06-2013, 09:06 PM
KnbbBRX34VQ

Roundabouts 101: Don't be a little bitch, get in there!

Kijho
09-06-2013, 10:11 PM
L6Z3eHavkJw

zieg
09-06-2013, 11:30 PM
^ I thought you were selling that car?

Kijho
09-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by ZiG-87
^ I thought you were selling that car?

Wanted to upgrade to a newer 09' possibly, but after going to Hawaii and Toronto this summer, financially wasn't do-able haha, so keeping it until next year :)

89s1
09-07-2013, 10:20 AM
The black acccord that "cuts you off" at ~30 looks to have had his signal on and you start speeding up to not give him the spot.

I'd have come over on you too... Enjoy your self inflicted road rage. :dunno:

Kijho
09-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by 89s1
The black acccord that "cuts you off" at ~30 looks to have had his signal on and you start speeding up to not give him the spot.

I too noticed he signaled in the video - once.
With his tinted out taillights and my attention being ahead of me accelerating, not paying attention to the side (wide angle FOV dash cam) I wasn't expecting him to cut me off the way he did.

Nonetheless, I did not honk the horn the same way I did at the first clip with the woman who didn't signal at all.

In addition, he cut off another vehicle (white truck) just two seconds later which I'm unsure if you missed? He was clearly driving like a total asshat.

Thanks for the input :)

GTS4tw
09-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by 89s1

No doubt, maybe if you moved over while you arent passing anyone then people wouldnt have to drive around you?

Kijho
09-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Oh god it's going to become a war of a debate lol.
He swerves in and out of additional cars, cutting them off further along in the clip.

I turned in off Stoney Trail in that lane. If you go straight from Stoney, past the construction on Country Hills I was in the same lane the entire time. The lane he was in just started past the Airport on Country Hills.

I do agree though, I could have certainly paid more attention on my half, I just wasn't expecting him to cut in so close with very little notice. Guess it sounds as if I sped up purposefully but I definitely wasn't trying to get hit!

Disoblige
09-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Even if that Accord didn't signal, you know that he's going to be coming in due to how he's closing up on the car in front of him. I would have just let go of the gas a bit and let him through.

**Just saw your edit.

Kijho
09-07-2013, 11:05 AM
I agree, thanks for the input guys.
The Accord ain't as bad as that first Civic in the clip haha, but literally 2 minutes later I was like WTF!!!

The dash cam makes things appear alot further than they actually are, it's this cheapo $30 one from ebay. I'm not sure if a blackvue is the same distorted fisheye look??

Unknown303
09-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Yeah people watching these videos have to realise how incredibly wide the field of view is. On mine I've had a few interesting things recorded and then in the video it doesn't look nearly as bad because of the wide angle of the recording.

snowcat
09-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Even if that Accord didn't signal, you know that he's going to be coming in due to how he's closing up on the car in front of him. I would have just let go of the gas a bit and let him through.

**Just saw your edit.

:facepalm:

speedog
09-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by snowcat

:facepalm: ...says the pot.

haggis88
09-07-2013, 02:33 PM
the white truck doesn't brake...so clearly he doesn't think he was being cut off!

mrsingh
09-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Seriously for some of these videos you guys need to stop getting your panties in a bunch. This isn't a city of 250,000 people anymore, if there is space then people are going to take it. As long as you don't have to slam your brakes hard or swerve it isn't a really big deal.

People do most of these all the time and I do not think twice about it, let alone waste my energy stressing out or honking about it. You end up driving worse yourself and likely lead yourself into an accident.

master hec0
09-07-2013, 05:49 PM
speaking of being cut off.

This happens last night in Okotoks.

some teen girl in the civic. she seemed completely oblivious:facepalm:

iW1LE66h4C4

Cos
09-08-2013, 04:28 PM

amear
09-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Finally had a really good one. Normally I see people pull stupid shit either beside me or behind me.

999fNA5Wsp0

Because NE;)

Cos
09-08-2013, 04:40 PM

Kijho
09-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Lol I was on Country Hills going to opposite direction when I saw that convoy / parade of flags and horns beeping. I assumed it was to do with a sporting event / game that was won ??

Cos
09-08-2013, 06:19 PM

amear
09-09-2013, 12:14 AM
LOL! Yeah Independence Day, Yeah all the people that do it now are no older than 18 and a shit ton of them with there class 7 bombing around. Just a bunch of ricers that destroyed the scene where people would actually follow each other in a single file and do speed limit and have fun.

Modelexis
09-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Didn't even look,
'oh the guy in front of me merged on, must be clear sailing, derp a der a derpp derrr'

fricken knob.

aT3ZvK108A4

http://www.modelexis.com/beyond/vlcsnap-2013-09-10-18h41m34s250.jpg

Quick little scoot over and I'm back on track, just slightly higher heart rate.
:)

Not good enough quality to show a plate though, too bad.

I gotta fuckin' tone it down a bit on the street, hang back and not be such a front runner. Starting to get a bit too comfortable with the handling of the bike and I've gotta start easing back a bit on the riding style.

colinxx235
09-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Had this one in the NE yesterday. I have another 4-5 mintues of footage with him in the middle of the intersection with reverse lights on. Of course once the advanced green came again he shot a few feet back before realizing he was in the wrong gear...

uad1XJjC37o

Modelexis
09-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Of course once the advanced green came again he shot a few feet back before realizing he was in the wrong gear...

Post that!

haha

BerserkerCatSplat
09-13-2013, 05:19 PM
C'mon Audi guy, if you're going to do a no-look lane change during rush hour, at least signal so I know you're about to do something stupid beforehand.

w5ha0ZtoATU

ipeefreely
09-15-2013, 09:00 PM
kSLO5PeYJNk

Zero102
09-22-2013, 11:06 PM
Saw a guy JUST miss getting nailed by a c-train today. He just sailed right through a solid red, it's not like it turned red right in front of him, it was just about ready to turn green!

http://youtu.be/Lw7W45MrFg8
Lw7W45MrFg8

amear
09-22-2013, 11:27 PM
^^That was close

Question, why is your dash cam not centered?

RickDaTuner
09-22-2013, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by ipeefreely
kSLO5PeYJNk

If you're trying to point out that the brake lights were on the whole time, that's due to a problem with the connector at the BCM.

Lol...

Zero102
09-23-2013, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by amear
^^That was close

Question, why is your dash cam not centered?

It's hard to judge depth (i.e. when the guy is still in front of the train) but the guy was down to well under 1 car width between him and the train and the train wasn't able to come to a complete stop until he had passed. If he hadn't swerved to the right he would have been hit by that train for sure. As lucky as he is that the drive of that train was paying attention he is so fucking lucky there wasn't another train coming the other way.

I caught him at the next light and asked him why he was trying to kill his friends (there were 4 of them in the car) but they were so busy laughing all he could muster was "sorry" so I rolled up the window and shook my head at him. When I got to the light he was busy playing with his phone, which is probably why he missed the red light.

The dashcam is not centered because it's mounted in a 4th gen grand caravan which has center wipers. That means they wipe from the center out to both sides so there is a big dirty patch behind the rearview mirror where I would like to have mounted the camera. To make sure it always has a clear view I had to mount it in the swept area of the wipers, and to keep it out of my line of sight that meant way up in the top right corner where the windshield has a bit of a curve to it. I tried to aim it to cut out as much of the sky as possible to help the auto-exposure keep the ground visible, however I wasn't able to mount it high enough to be behind the tinted strip at the top of the windshield.

Kijho
09-23-2013, 06:58 AM
I always wondered how dash cams would work well in a car that sweeps from the center. I always just assumed I'd probably mount is dead center of the windshield below the dirty "V" shape on the upper windshield lol

relyt92
09-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Kijho
I always wondered how dash cams would work well in a car that sweeps from the center. I always just assumed I'd probably mount is dead center of the windshield below the dirty "V" shape on the upper windshield lol That's how I had mine mounted on my Civic, sucked though because it ended up blocking a bit of my view and being really visible.

TheHumbleGeek
09-24-2013, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Modelexis
KnbbBRX34VQ

Traffic Safety 101: UPSIDE DOWN TRIANGLE MEANS YIELD!

FYI, you wouldnt have seen the vehicle the driver of the tuxedo black 2012 focus did entering the roundabout by coming up his passenger side... Not to mention, Lane splitting in the province of alberta is ILLEGAL!

Also, calling someone on the internet a "bitch" is generally a pansy-ass thing to do, made by some immature donor-cycle riding monkey who doesn't understand simple traffic rules.... Oh, and flipping the guy off after riding douche-nozzle style like you did, just shows why there are so many damned motorcycle accidents in calgary lately.

Kijho
09-24-2013, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by TheHumbleGeek

Traffic Safety 101: UPSIDE DOWN TRIANGLE MEANS YIELD!

FYI, you wouldnt have seen the vehicle the driver of the tuxedo black 2012 focus did entering the roundabout by coming up his passenger side... Not to mention, Lane splitting in the province of alberta is ILLEGAL!

Also, calling someone on the internet a "bitch" is generally a pansy-ass thing to do, made by some immature donor-cycle riding monkey who doesn't understand simple traffic rules.... Oh, and flipping the guy off after riding douche-nozzle style like you did, just shows why there are so many damned motorcycle accidents in calgary lately.

Hahahahaha who's this guy??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TheHumbleGeek
09-24-2013, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Kijho

Hahahahaha who's this guy??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Given my low post count, Im still relatively new to Beyond.ca (mostly in the beyond chinook car meet thread), and spend my time mostly on other forums and doing this crazy thing called "Work". Mind, all of this doesnt change that lane-splitting is illegal, and cutting around someone without knowing why they've stopped is grade A stupid.

Kijho
09-24-2013, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by TheHumbleGeek

Given my low post count, Im still relatively new to Beyond.ca (mostly in the beyond chinook car meet thread), and spend my time mostly on other forums and doing this crazy thing called "Work". Mind, all of this doesnt change that lane-splitting is illegal, and cutting around someone without knowing why they've stopped is grade A stupid.

:thumbsup:

Cos
09-24-2013, 07:48 AM

TheHumbleGeek
09-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Cos

I approve of this lurker.

I approve of this approval! :thumbsup: :p

Modelexis
09-24-2013, 09:36 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

Butt hurt to the max. You should save that video and study how to enter a roundabout.

Yield doesn't mean stop dead when you have tons of time to enter.

That wasn't lane splitting, that was avoiding a car that is impeding the flow of traffic. :poosie:

(For the record, I didn't flip anyone off.)

Lex350
09-24-2013, 09:44 AM
I don't normally agree with anything Modelexis says but I do have a pet peeve about people that have no clue how to merge. I don't have a problem with what he did.

Modelexis
09-24-2013, 10:14 AM
The move to enter and go around you was nothing personal FYI, I wasn't upset or angry or pissed at you for stopping I just wanted to ride my line and continue on as normal.

You took personal offense to it and I'm sorry you took it that way TheHumble.

TheHumbleGeek
09-24-2013, 10:38 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

Butt hurt to the max. You should save that video and study how to enter a roundabout.

Yield doesn't mean stop dead when you have tons of time to enter.

That wasn't lane splitting, that was avoiding a car that is impeding the flow of traffic. :poosie:

(For the record, I didn't flip anyone off.)

Did you happen to notice the white car entering the roundabout just before the black focus stopped? and FYI, doesnt matter if you think he's impeding traffic flow, its still lane-splitting... If i were to run your ass off the road because you werent going as fast as me, can i claim that you were impeding the flow of traffic?

And yes, i took personal offence, mostly because some asshat on a donor-cycle called me a bitch and a pussy, but also because I drive that black focus you flew past (and almost clipped my mirror, fyi), and after seeing the sheer number of idiots on donor-cycles driving like that, with attitudes like yours, doing stupid stuff like that, i get ticked off... Would it have really killed you to wait the ten seconds or less i was stopped for?

OOOOOO video for you... How to use a roundabout!
COJmvvqLTSg

colinxx235
09-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Watching that video would have been 100x better if Lexis tire kicked out on the painted line or gravel and ate shit :rofl:

TheHumbleGeek
09-24-2013, 10:43 AM
well, yes and no.... cause he probably would have wrecked right into my six-month old first-new-car-ever.... tho, the dashcam footage would have been priceless....

Modelexis
09-24-2013, 10:49 AM
:drama:

Spare me the tears.

TheHumbleGeek
09-24-2013, 11:14 AM
fair enough... but i have zero sympathy for you when you end up as a bloody smear on the pavement...

one final note, for the next time i see you riding like that... :hitit:

revelations
09-25-2013, 12:12 AM
Student driver, 3 fails in 5 seconds.

8-5wIbPzknE

TheHumbleGeek
09-25-2013, 02:35 AM
Love the laugh... jus classic evil villian... "oawa ha ha ha ha"........ I just feel bad that poor focus was so badly victimised....

amear
09-25-2013, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by revelations
Student driver, 3 fails in 5 seconds.

8-5wIbPzknE
:eek: DAMN! that focus got it nicely. Where was? I see that focus around Airdrie alot.

Tomaz
09-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Looked like Bonavista or Acadia areas to me :dunno: Poor guy/gal didn't see that one coming. lol

Tik-Tok
09-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz
Looked like Bonavista or Acadia areas to me :dunno: Poor guy/gal didn't see that one coming. lol

Lake Bonavista Mall. WTF was the instructor doing though? If that was me, I'd be screaming STOP STOP STOP! RED LIGHT! STOP THE MOTHERFUCKING CAR YOU RETARD!!!

speedog
09-25-2013, 08:59 AM
In the community of Lake Bonavista. More specifically, NB Acadia Drive at Lake Bonavista Drive just south of St. Boniface Elemntary School - note ESSO on left and the TELUS Bonavista exchange on the right.

revelations
09-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Yea I felt bad at first to honk at the student driver, but then I saw them go off road into the bus stop and it looked pretty funny. Then I noticed they also ignored the red light.

Dont feel so bad now :nut: (I hope they can get a car with DUAL controls perhaps next time)

roll_over
09-25-2013, 10:01 AM
I'm going to look at a certain focus today

ercchry
09-25-2013, 10:29 AM
thats the identical move to what happened to me when i was on my bike! except i was much closer and they hit me :banghead:

DeeK
09-25-2013, 10:54 AM
When I went through drivers ed, the instructor constantly had his foot hovering over the brake and was ready to grab the wheel at any time. When I asked if I was doing something wrong or making him nervous, he replied with "you wouldn't believe the things people do behind the wheel of this car".

This instructor was clearly asleep.

firebane
09-25-2013, 12:39 PM
KnbbBRX34VQ

I hate that round about.. So many idiots in that one it drives me nuts and makes me SUPER sketchy going through it.

Good reflexes.

colinxx235
09-26-2013, 06:21 PM
This first one isn't bad driving but just a funny video from recent

UyELv7cPpvY

This guy pissed me off, 5+ car lengths behind me and he cuts me off for that turn, and I couldn't see his signal because of pillar (camera shows it though). The camera really makes it look farther than it was with the angle he comes in at.

gFTrBgi_uK0

and speaking of douchey bike riders *cough lexis*
this guy cut me off before we sat at the light for a minute hence not editing that footage in

dAYUpll51xw

Modelexis
09-26-2013, 06:27 PM
That's not lane splitting, that's filtering.

I do it from time to time, want my plate number?

BerserkerCatSplat
09-26-2013, 10:37 PM
That's not lane splitting, that's filtering.

I do it from time to time, want my plate number?

Illegal either way, expect to be pinched off eventually. :dunno: Do you do this as well? Caught this on the way home yesterday.

fRUCTeAN4y4

Modelexis
09-26-2013, 10:51 PM
I don't usually ride the shoulder, depends on my mood.

Like this instance where I had no patience for the traffic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqpROxrKvNs

colinxx235
09-27-2013, 07:29 AM
Call it whatever you want, dude deserves a door slammed into his teeth while he is doing it.

If my car wasn't so nice I'd cut you off or run you off the road lexis ;)

Just because you ride a bike doesn't make you above the law and rules of the road

Modelexis
09-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Call it whatever you want, dude deserves a door slammed into his teeth while he is doing it.

Just because you ride a bike doesn't make you above the law and rules of the road

These comments about running people off the road should be ban worthy.
Where did I say I was above the law?

GTS4tw
09-27-2013, 08:43 AM

Would you really though? Dangerous lane splitting can be annoying, but would you really risk murdering someone over it?

Serious keyboard warrior alert.

colinxx235
09-27-2013, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

Would you really though? Dangerous lane splitting can be annoying, but would you really risk murdering someone over it?

Serious keyboard warrior alert.

Stupid sarcasm detector broke alert much? I thought that is what ridiculous statements with a wink represented.

Wannago
09-27-2013, 10:30 AM
This jackass split a group of pedestrians in a crosstalk actually making the second fellow (talking on his phone) stop for him. I guess that's one of the privileges of driving a truck with your "handle" on the door in electrical tape!

9ZK3SFriKho

Edit - won't embed: http://youtu.be/9ZK3SFriKho

*Edit...fixed the youtube link...thanks Colin/ercchry

colinxx235
09-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Wannago
This jackass split a group of pedestrians in a crosstalk actually making the second fellow (talking on his phone) stop for him. I guess that's one of the privileges of driving a truck with your "handle" on the door in electrical tape!

9ZK3SFriKho

Wannago
09-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Thanks Colin...are you saying the video was embedded for you? I still can't see the vid in my post, although I can in your quote

?

ercchry
09-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks Colin...are you saying the video was embedded for you? I still can't see the vid in my post, although I can in your quote

?

he fixed it for you you need to put just 9ZK3SFriKho in the [ youtube] brackets

TheHumbleGeek
09-29-2013, 04:23 AM

Actions speak louder than words... By your own admission you ride like that alot, either because you "lose patience with traffic" or you think people are "pussies" and "bitches" for taking time at a roundabout, or any of the other reasons you've posted on your youtube channel that you don't like calgary traffic... Im sorry, but if you keep riding close to people (like that pedestrian on 16th ave you almost clipped), lane splitting, riding the shoulder and basically riding like an entitled prat, thats the way people are going to treat you. Ride respectful, ride safe without being a moron and people will stop assuming that you'll end up as a smear on the roadway sooner or later...

speedog
09-29-2013, 07:47 AM
So we have in our midst a most stereotypical example of what would be giving a certain segment of of the population a bad name in the general public's eye.

Modelexis - you are an embarrassment to the motorcycling community and even though you might admit that what you're doing is not right or cool, it pains me to know that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of motorcyclists who are trying to do the right thing but will only find themselves to be accused of being some fucking idiot on a motorbike because of a lone fool such as yourself.

Odd thing is that you're probably an intelligent enough person to have those near to you like your family believe that you're that motorcyclist that is behaving and doing all the right things and they'll be mistakenly angry at that motorist who might exact some revenge upon you in the future after another bonehead move on your motorbike.

So uncool Modelexis, just so unfucking cool.

speedog
09-29-2013, 07:52 AM
You haven't but your actions and the way you carry yourself would certainly indicate otherwise to most.

Modelexis
09-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by speedog
You haven't but your actions and the way you carry yourself would certainly indicate otherwise to most.

You could say exactly the same thing about someone that drives 5-10k above the speed limit on deerfoot.

A bunch of lunatics that clearly think they're above the law. How dare they break the LAW, the law is bible after all.
They give slow drivers such a bad name, and are just asking to cause an accident, just asking to be killed in a horrific accident.

Give me a break dude, what a bunch of nonsense.
:rolleyes:

How dare I tarnish the already flawless name bikers have in the community. :rofl: :rofl:

Community perception of bikers was at an all time high, moments away from becoming the most respected hobby in history and then I come along and ruin all this progress!
There goes my chances at winning the 2013 award for most respected beyond member...

Wannago
09-30-2013, 02:56 PM

You could say exactly the same thing about someone that drives 5-10k above the speed limit on deerfoot.

A bunch of lunatics that clearly think they're above the law. How dare they break the LAW, the law is bible after all.
They give slow drivers such a bad name, and are just asking to cause an accident, just asking to be killed in a horrific accident.

Give me a break dude, what a bunch of nonsense.
:rolleyes:

How dare I tarnish the already flawless name bikers have in the community. :rofl: :rofl:

Community perception of bikers was at an all time high, moments away from becoming the most respected hobby in history and then I come along and ruin all this progress!
There goes my chances at winning the 2013 award for most respected beyond member...

Just remember to sign your organ donor card!

TheHumbleGeek
10-01-2013, 07:42 AM

Just remember to sign your organ donor card!

Organ donor card? Nah, you'll make more money selling them on the black market ;)

<sarcasm>

For Sale:

One Human Brain

Mint Conditon, Almost nevr used!

Must sell mine as are movring to suburbs...

It is okay to contact this user for solicitation because lets face it, If it feels good, Do it!.

</sarcasm>

Just Jokes...

colinxx235
10-01-2013, 06:46 PM
LP# KHD-833, not sure if you are on here, but fuck you should take it easy in a 60 zone at 8am in this area. Made two people behind you swerve then I'm sure this guy at the lights was happy as well. Oh and sweet 328i, sick race car....

Unfortunately this video misses the clip where he cuts right by my mirror.

3cvrZVdUps0

If you are wondering why I back up in the clip it is because the SUV he almost hit pulled a bit up beside me and wanted to see his LP#

Unknown303
10-01-2013, 07:53 PM

These comments about running people off the road should be ban worthy.

I'd definitely cut you off so you'd skip off the side of my truck. Then we'd exchange insurance since you'd be in the wrong when I was trying to get off the road for an emergency and you were just riding the shoulder like a douche.

m10-power
10-02-2013, 11:02 AM
I don't usually ride the shoulder, depends on my mood.

Like this instance where I had no patience for the traffic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqpROxrKvNs

Wow nice videos, you and snowcat must be pals

Nothing like a self righteous motorcyclist showing the world how they are wrong, like in your fail to yield video

aT3ZvK108A4

where you race off the line and vastly break the speed limit as you cut past that person who actual did yield by the letter of the law. You sure showed them, maybe next time they will head straight to the next lane and wipe you out.

Or how about the lesson on yielding in a traffic circle

KnbbBRX34VQ

I rode and raced bikes for years, buried a number of friends along the way doing stupid shit and feeling above the rules. You seem to assume, from watching your videos, that offensive riding is the answer. Likely you will find out how wrong you are, hopefully you don't carry passengers...

:thumbsdow

snowcat
10-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by m10-power

where you race off the line and vastly break the speed limit as you cut past that person who actual did yield by the letter of the law. You sure showed them, maybe next time they will head straight to the next lane and wipe you out.

:thumbsdow

"Vastly break the speed limit". What are you? A exaggerating media outlet? An old man?

Yielding, "by the letter of the law" is yielding to ALL traffic not facing the sign. It does not matter how fast one accelerates, there is no law defining rate of acceleration.

That road is a 100KM/H stretch that merges onto deerfoot. He wasn't speeding, you can clearly see that.

Enough of the self-righteous motorcyclist comments. The motorcycle, whom I do not know in person, but from simply viewing a video you can see the vehicles could have seen AND yielded to ALL the traffic not facing the sign.

As a driver, you expect them to be much quicker in acceleration. Even in a vehicle that yield is notorious for idiots just flying around the corner not looking or giving a flying fuck.

Jesus fuck.

However, the roundabout video is clearly not okay with filtering on the inside around another vehicle, even though yielding doesn't necessarily mean stop.

m10-power
10-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by snowcat

&quot;Vastly break the speed limit&quot;. What are you? A exaggerating media outlet? An old man?

Yielding, &quot;by the letter of the law&quot; is yielding to ALL traffic not facing the sign. It does not matter how fast one accelerates, there is no law defining rate of acceleration.

That road is a 100KM/H stretch that merges onto deerfoot. He wasn't speeding, you can clearly see that.

Enough of the self-righteous motorcyclist comments. The motorcycle, whom I do not know in person, but from simply viewing a video you can see the vehicles could have seen AND yielded to ALL the traffic not facing the sign.

As a driver, you expect them to be much quicker in acceleration. Even in a vehicle that yield is notorious for idiots just flying around the corner not looking or giving a flying fuck.

Jesus fuck.

However, the roundabout video is clearly not okay with filtering on the inside around another vehicle, even though yielding doesn't necessarily mean stop.

Really 100km/h zone on barlow trail, while I agree it's is eventually a merge onto deerfoot, I don't agree that it's a 100km/h zone after the light. Nothing wrong with that yield, they looked and proceeded into the lane, if you want to accelerate hard where people yield learn to expect that situation.

Tik-Tok
10-02-2013, 12:42 PM

Really 100km/h zone on barlow trail, while I agree it's is eventually a merge onto deerfoot, I don't agree that it's a 100km/h zone after the light. Nothing wrong with that yield, they looked and proceeded into the lane, if you want to accelerate hard where people yield learn to expect that situation.

The only problem wit the yield is that it appears the orange pylons are blocking their view of the oncoming traffic, so they should have taken it a bit slower. They likely would have seen a car, but not a bike.

It was pretty apparent they weren't stopping though, bike could have slowed down easily enough.

Modelexis
10-02-2013, 01:00 PM
I rode and raced bikes for years, buried a number of friends along the way doing stupid shit and feeling above the rules. You seem to assume, from watching your videos, that offensive riding is the answer. Likely you will find out how wrong you are, hopefully you don't carry passengers...

Thanks for the advice mom.

You watched a total of 20 seconds of the 3000 kms I rode this summer. Good on you for passing judgement based on 0.01% of my riding.

speedog
10-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Good observation m10-power. Actually, Barlow's speed limit is 70kph and the first 100kph sign doesn't appear until just after the 34th Avenue flyover.

So are you breaking the law by doing 100kph while going down the ramp onto NB Deerfoot on Barlow from Peigan Trail? Certainly there's no signage that exists to say it's a 100kph zone until on Deerfoot for a bit.

m10-power
10-02-2013, 01:11 PM

Thanks for the advice mom.

You watched a total of 20 seconds of the 3000 kms I rode this summer. Good on you for passing judgement based on 0.01% of my riding.

Why would you post stupid videos like that unless that's how you drive?

Seems like a reasonable observation to assume you ride like a douche, no?

Modelexis
10-02-2013, 01:13 PM

Why would you post stupid videos like that unless that's how you drive?

Seems like a reasonable observation to assume you ride like a douche, no?

For the record in the fail to yield video, my lane ends shortly after the lights and the car beside me was matching my speed right up until that car blew through the yield.

So I have a car directly beside me, and a car behind me directly, both at speed.

I have two choices, accelerate and move over and get around the car entering the road illegally or risk being rear ended by jamming my brakes.

I made my choice, in your life you can make your own choices and I'll make my own in my life.

If you want, I can post up an entire commute to work video so you can see how crazy I am on a bike, or maybe you might fall asleep...
I can do it for you this weekend, I'll post an old video, the entire ride to work and home from work.

You can then watch 2 hours of video and then decide what sort of rider I am. Until then, keep your judgements to yourself.

When my two options in a situation riding in traffic are brake hard or accelerate and maneuver, I will pick the latter 99 times out of 100.

I rode to Fernie two weeks ago with swak and a few other riders. You should PM him and ask him what type of rider I am.
Test your judgement.

master hec0
10-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Did any of ya hear about the truck that lost its trailer on 194th ave and Macleod trail yesterday.

I got this at approx 7:30am
zOIB8fxU04s

Buster
10-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Ironically, lane splitting and filtering are a good idea, assuming a jurisdiction adopts it as legal.

Darell_n
10-08-2013, 10:11 PM
I was disappointed with the outcome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Wgsub2ABo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Wgsub2ABo

Darell_n
10-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Rear-ender today:

http://youtu.be/ojoEF8RkM4A

http://youtu.be/ojoEF8RkM4A

amear
10-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Your video is private^^

Darell_n
10-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Ooops. Fixed.

TheHumbleGeek
10-13-2013, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Darell_n
[B]Rear-ender today:

ojoEF8RkM4A

oPwrodxghrw

colinxx235
10-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Don't have a cam recording available. But holy this guys truck and driving made me laugh. How he doesn't get pulled over for all the tire poke/other illegal shit... no clue :rofl:

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8689/tvsb.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/tvsb.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

wildrice
10-28-2013, 07:12 PM
nearly T-boned some idiot
tTtdY00vUjc

colinxx235
10-28-2013, 07:14 PM
People who do this are idiots... as it was I was like, sweet that SUV already ran light and delayed the car. Good thing the roads weren't as bad as yesterday... probably would have locked up onto the curb :(

tgNoWHpoJl0

colinxx235
11-06-2013, 01:20 AM
had another great one last weekend, once again while roads are slippery... you think drivers would pay extra attention with those conditions :banghead:

cv6N-2GNJc4