PDA

View Full Version : BC man filling garbage bags with gasoline

DeeK
08-17-2012, 06:07 PM
http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article/392919--man-from-bc-may-have-filled-up-gas-in-garbage-bags

There's unsafe, and then there's downright dangerous. Just south of the border, someone may have taken saving money on gas to a new extreme.

It's something you don't see everyday and hopefully we don't again; a concerned parent in Bellingham snapped some photos of a man appearing to fill up black garbage bags with gasoline at a Fred Meyer fuel centre.

He's standing in front of a car with BC plates and it looks like there are several black garbage bags in the back of the vehicle. A witness says the man was putting the tied-up filled garbage bags into duffel bags. The witness also tells us gas station attendants were standing near the man but didn't do anything to stop him.

A manager at the Fred Meyer insists they only allow gas cans to be filled up. A corporate spokesperson for Fred Meyer says the man who was filling up is a regular Canadian customer and is aware of their policy to only fill up approved fuel containers.

Yes, I know this man.

Yes, he's asian.

Yes, he lives in Richmond, BC.

Richmond, where laws, police enforcement, and most importantly, common sense do not exist.

ipeefreely
08-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Gasoline eats plastic.... :facepalm:

When I worked at Petro-Can we had people trying to put gas in the most retarded thing too but plastic bags takes the cake! :nut:

revelations
08-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by DeeK

Yes, I know this man.

Yes, he's asian.

Yes, he lives in Richmond, BC.

Richmond, where laws, police enforcement, and most importantly, common sense do not exist.

AH dichmond ... couldnt leave that place fast enough.

black13
08-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Damn that's retarded.

Although one time when I ran out of gas on the side of the road, I tried to get gas by putting it in a 2L Coke bottle since it was $3 compared to the $25 Jerry can sold at the gas station. But after realizing the wide gas nozzle is too big, I didn't bother and bought the jerrycan.

Tik-Tok
08-17-2012, 09:36 PM
I wonder how long before EI's start using this trick to get more milk over the border? :rofl:

jdmakkord
08-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I wonder how long before EI's start using this trick to get more milk over the border? :rofl:

Fuck that, I'll steal a cow instead.

revelations
08-17-2012, 10:20 PM
I've put gas in 4L milk jugs when I had to fill up a motorcycle gas tank in the dead of winter.....

toastgremlin
08-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Don't people usually put gasoline in bags so they can huff it?

I don't think he was inventing the Glad jerry can.

C_Dave45
08-20-2012, 03:43 PM
I actually believed this story, until I looked at the picture. A more accurate caption would be "a concerned,idiotic parent in Bellingham snapped some photos of a man appearing to fill up black garbage bags..."

Clearly the man is filling up a jerry can that is INSIDE a plastic bag, more than likely to protect slight spills and odours from getting onto the carpet inside his truck. Look at the picture. If that bag had 30-40 lbs of nothing but liquid in it, it would be as tight as a grape. It's not. There's wrinkles and slack.

http://i48.tinypic.com/33pg860.jpg

Non story. Some moronic parent jumping to conclusions.

dj_patm
08-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Touche.

Once again, we can make fun of the American in this situation

btimbit
08-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by dj_patm
Touche.

Once again, we can make fun of the American in this situation

Yup, sounds about right

Xtrema
08-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

http://i48.tinypic.com/33pg860.jpg

Won't static on those bag start a spark?

Although I would think that's more a dry ass Alberta winter problem.

Mitsu3000gt
08-20-2012, 05:03 PM
The guy had Jerry cans inside the bags - the bags are just there so nothing got on his car.

Just looking at the shape of the bag in the picture, the most retarded thing about this is people ACTUALLY thought he was putting gas directly into the bag.

syritis
08-20-2012, 06:24 PM
if the jerry can leaks they're something else wrong like a missing cap.
so not much more intuitive to put a leaking jerry can into the back of a car.

ZenOps
08-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Could be he has two cans. Some areas you aren't allowed more than a certain amount out of tank.

Beyond CSI.

Maybelater
08-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Trunk full of nickle

ZenOps
08-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Couldn't be full of US nickels, the maximum export is $100, which when loose will fit in a 9" pizza box :thumbsup:

Trust me, when Canada needs to round everything to the nearest nickel, you are going to be glad you picked up a box in the US.

Take your crappiest raggiest clothes and shoes and dump them in the US after buying on the strong CDN dollar.

Someone should make a list on what to bring back from the US if you can't think of anything else. Milk, gas, tide, nickels, etc..

malbadon
08-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Wouldn't he also be putting the jerry cans inside the bags so when he hits the border there aren't bright red jerry cans staring the border guards in the face?

But yes, how she thought he was filling up the bags themselves.....

lilmira
08-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Apparently, Bill has Jerry cans in the garbage bags. :dunno:

That would make more sense. How the hell do you pick up a big bag filled with liquid? And not spill everywhere while driving?

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/u-video-showing-canadian-filling-garbage-bags-gas-202549859.html

Kona9
08-21-2012, 05:15 PM
I like how they throw another dig on Canada with a completely unrelated link about how Quebecer's are bad tippers, right in the middle of the write up. :rofl:

Kona9
08-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by lilmira

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/u-video-showing-canadian-filling-garbage-bags-gas-202549859.html

I like how they throw another dig on Canada with a completely unrelated link about how Quebecer's are bad tippers, right in the middle of the write up. :rofl:

clem24
08-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Would a garbage bag even hold gasoline? Would it burn through it? Just curious.

ZenOps
08-22-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm pretty sure that a garbage bag would hold gasoline. There was a documentary on "huffing" a while back in native communities where they would put some gasoline in plastic bags and then sniff it all day to get a cheap high.

Mar
08-22-2012, 09:20 AM
My dad ran the cleanup program for Davis Inlet in Labrador, I assure you a bag will hold gasoline. I've seen gas stored in some strange containers.

desi112
08-22-2012, 01:31 PM
there is obviously a container in that bag. Common.

bags especially with liquids in them do NOT stand up.