PDA

View Full Version : Windows Live Mail won't print body of emails anymore.

ZMan2k2
08-17-2012, 11:54 PM
I installed IE9 to see what was so special, and an unexpected byproduct was that it killed my ability to print emails. I would get a scripts error message, and the email wouldn't print anymore. So I downgraded back to IE8, where everything was working fine before, and now I have a new problem. I can print the "To" and "From" and "Email Title" part of an email, but the body doesn't print. Any emails, text or HTML. I've been banging my head against a Window for a couple hours, and thought I would post here, to see if anyone has a suggestion of what to try. I've done the "Repair Windows Live Essentials", rebooted, changed IE settings and reset them. Nothing. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

eglove
08-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Time for Chrome

eblend
08-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Try to login via outlook.com, thats what all the live accounts are moving to. It uses a different interface so perhaps it will work better

thetransporter
08-18-2012, 12:18 AM
There is a WL uninstall/clean utility (third party and a microsoft one) i dont remember what it was called but it fixed everything,

ZMan2k2
08-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by eglove
Time for Chrome
Actually, I use Firefox, but curiosity got the best of me, and I wanted to see the improvements made. Since the install though, it's broken the printing on Windows Live Mail.

Originally posted by thetransporter
There is a WL uninstall/clean utility (third party and a microsoft one) i dont remember what it was called but it fixed everything,
I've tried a few step-by-step things to uninstall/reinstall or repair utilities, and none have worked so far. I tried one repair utility from the microsoft.com website, and that didn't do anything. Biggest improvement was downgrading back to IE8, but that didn't fix everything.

I think I'll migrate to Mozilla Thunderbird. It's really for my wife to use, as it's the old family email. I don't get much stuff sent home anymore, I use my gmail account.

sabad66
08-18-2012, 09:55 AM
I would reset IE back to default settings, and if that doesn't work disable all add-ons.

To reset to default settings, go to internet options>advanced>push the reset button on the bottom

ZMan2k2
08-18-2012, 01:54 PM
I've tried that, and disabled all add-ons. Still no joy. My wife will just have to get used to a new email client, I can't figure it out. I'm not the only one either, there's quite a few forum posts out there stating the same thing.

revelations
08-18-2012, 02:53 PM
try WindowZ system restore

Seth1968
08-18-2012, 02:59 PM
^This.

If that doesn't help, the following may be related:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2652062#phrss

alloroc
08-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2

I think I'll migrate to Mozilla Thunderbird. It's really for my wife to use, as it's the old family email. I don't get much stuff sent home anymore, I use my gmail account.
^Thunderbird is a great program.

Originally posted by eglove
Time for Chrome

Too much bloatware that googleupdate.exe program seems curiously active 80% of the time the computer is running.

I prefer opera as it actually has an email client built in the browser but
If you must stay with chrome ... try comodo dragon .... same chromium engine - just without the extras.
http://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/browser.php

Comodo is also developing a mozilla browser (similar to firefox) called comodo ice dragon ... http://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-a��-cid/comodo-icedragon-ver-1403-is-now-available-for-download-t86139.0.html

ZMan2k2
08-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by revelations
try WindowZ system restore

Originally posted by Seth1968
^This.

If that doesn't help, the following may be related:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2652062#phrss

No go. I'm not sure what else to do. She's gonna have to get used to Thunderbird.
:dunno:
Thanks for the help though.

ZMan2k2
08-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Got it! It took nuking the drivers for the printer, not just removing it from the devices menu. Complete uninstall, reboot, and reinstall. What a pain caused by a little curiosity on my part. Thanks for the advice, I wouldn't have gotten it without the suggestions.