PDA

View Full Version : MRU Parking

elena.n
08-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone here goes to mount royal and if you know anything about what the parking is like on campus.

I recently bought a pass for the East Gate Parkade and I was really worried that they would be all taken and I would have to be put on the waiting list but it seems that the east gate is the only one that is still available....

I'm just worried that there is something wrong with it and I wasted my money purchasing this pass and maybe I should have waited for a different lot to open up. So my question is, is the East Gate parkade worth the money or is there a better area to park at Mount Royal?

Thanks in advance!

swak
08-19-2012, 01:40 PM
I just graduated from there, but in the 4 years i was at MRU parking has always been shit.

I just drove by there the other day, and its probably gonna be worse this year, looks like the west side is pretty dug up (dont know what they're doing there, but some kind of construction is going on!)

Good luck!

403ep3
08-19-2012, 05:09 PM
you'll have an easier time finding parking at east gate parkade. As far as it's value, it's a hell of a lot of money for a roof over your car lol

pf0sh0
08-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Yeah, parking sucks. especially if you come later in the day. Get on a waitlist for a yearly pass for open lots. I think its the best value pass, mainly because you can park in most parking lots around campus depending on where you need to be that day.

EG6boi
08-19-2012, 10:21 PM
From my experience, MRU Parking is pretty bad for the first two months, but then you see students stop coming to lectures so it's a hell of a lot easier then.

1. Day lots are not bad but you should expect maybe half hour wait (if busy) for a parking spot.

2. Open lots were just plain shit the first two to three weeks. New students weren't aware of the open lots and they ended up getting parking tickets.

I had dibs on Annual open lot pass but I totally forgot to post for any MRU students. Since it's my last year, I didn't bother getting it.

Kolbatron
08-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Any HELPFUL responses?

403ep3
08-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Kolbatron
Any HELPFUL responses?

I have no idea WHAT kind of other responses you want.. if you haven't already applied for the open lot waiting list you are pretty much SOL!

silverspec06
09-18-2012, 10:46 PM
They wont be taken I always park there normally just shell out the 12 bucks. levels 3 and 4 are normally open and when its nice out just park on the roof that way your car is warm.