PDA

View Full Version : Director Tony Scott Commits Suicide

BigDannyCool
08-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Its too bad, he made some pretty good movies.

Famed director Tony Scott -- who directed "Top Gun" among many other major films -- jumped to his death today off an L.A. bridge ... this according to the L.A. County Coroner.

According to the Coroner, 68-year-old Scott -- Ridley Scott's brother -- jumped from the Vincent Thomas Bridge spanning San Pedro and Terminal Island around 12:30pm.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/19/tony-scott-dead-suicide/#ixzz243hyc1Xm

D'z Nutz
08-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Man, that really sucks :(

revelations
08-19-2012, 11:15 PM
what the heck? he seemed like a happy go lucky guy?

black13
08-20-2012, 01:32 AM
Seriously RIP and best of wishes to his family and brother.

He made some really entertaining movies. Spygame was on my recent favorites.

ducaudi
08-20-2012, 09:06 AM
RIP

dandia89
08-20-2012, 09:58 AM
man on fire was incredibly directed. RIP

phreezee
08-20-2012, 10:06 AM
RIP, I grew up on his movies.

dj_patm
08-20-2012, 10:07 AM
He made a real splash in the entertainment community.

Spoons
08-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Tony just wanted to take the bridge to the danger zone.

He had inoperable brain cancer. Which really once you're brain starts to deteriorate, it really isn't much of a life. I think he just wanted to give er himself instead of getting to the point where he can't make decisions any more, and his family just keeping him alive for as long as they can.

RIP

BigDannyCool
08-20-2012, 05:49 PM
According to family, he didnt have brain cancer, or any cancer at all.

Type_S1
08-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Are you serious? Why are you people saying RIP? He committed suicide...he doesn't deserve to rest in peace.

Condolences to his family for this coward taking his own life.

ExtraSlow
08-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Woah, I don't know the details of this mans life, but I think it's taking things too far to call him a coward because he took his own life.

Many people who attempt (or succeed) at suicide are mentally ill. If in fact this guy had some form of terminal illness, he may have chosen this course of action with the full knowledge and support of his family. Neitehr you or I are in a position to judge him. That's between him, his family, and his god.

The simple fact is, this was a remarkable man, who touched many peoples lives through his art. He will be remembered and honoured for his contributions.

WhippWhapp
08-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Revenge, True Romance, Crimson Tide, Spy Games ... One of my favorite big budget "Hollywood" directors.

He'll be missed.

Spoons
08-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool
According to family, he didnt have brain cancer, or any cancer at all.

Guess he didn't!

Originally posted by Type_S1
Are you serious? Why are you people saying RIP? He committed suicide...he doesn't deserve to rest in peace.

Same could be said about someone who says that sort of thing behind a keyboard...

canadian booster
08-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by dj_patm
He made a real splash in the entertainment community.

:devil:

icky2unk
08-22-2012, 01:58 PM

I know who won't be getting any RIP's when he dies!

dj_patm
08-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by canadian booster

:devil:

At least someone got it.

James Donovan
08-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool
Its too bad, he made some pretty good movies.

Famed director Tony Scott -- who directed "Top Gun" among many other major films -- jumped to his death today off an L.A. bridge ... this according to the L.A. County Coroner.

According to the Coroner, 68-year-old Scott -- Ridley Scott's brother -- jumped from the Vincent Thomas Bridge spanning San Pedro and Terminal Island around 12:30pm.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/19/tony-scott-dead-suicide/#ixzz243hyc1Xm

Yes how can we forget "Top Gun". I felt really sad when I heard this news. May god bless his soul.

dj_patm
08-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by James Donovan

Yes how can we forget "Top Gun". I felt really sad when I heard this news. May god bless his soul.

Yeah, I guess he fell on hard times

Zephyr
08-22-2012, 03:53 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/20/tony-scott-suicide-no-brain-cancer-tumor/

Says he had didn't have cancer.

http://i.imgur.com/tvdJc.jpg

RIP.

Poor Ridley Scott...lost both brothers now.

93VR6
08-22-2012, 04:31 PM

+1, Condolences to the family.

JRSC00LUDE
08-22-2012, 05:08 PM

One or two of you idiots comes out in every suicide thread. You either have no idea what you're talking about or, someone hurt you and your anger paints everyone with the same brush.

Do you need a hug?

93VR6
08-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

One or two of you idiots comes out in every suicide thread. You either have no idea what you're talking about or, someone hurt you and your anger paints everyone with the same brush.

Do you need a hug?

We're idiots because we have a different opinion than you?

What do you mean no idea what we're talking about? it's just an opinion. I personally only know one person that has committed suicide and it really hasn't changed my opinion on the matter.

I could always use a hug, I was at the science centre and they told me a 20 second hug can increase your oxytocin levels.

ExtraSlow
08-22-2012, 08:20 PM
There's a big difference between expressing an opinion and being an idiot. Spot the differences.

Originally posted by OPINION
I think that most people who commit suicide are cowards that cause unnecessary grief to their families.
Originally posted by IDIOT
This man who I've never met was a coward who doesn't deserve to rest in peace. In fact all people who commit suicide are cowards regardless of circumstance.

sputnik
08-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by dj_patm

Yeah, I guess he fell on hard times

I heard that he was all washed up before hitting rock bottom.

Spoons
08-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by 93VR6

We're idiots because we have a different opinion than you?

What do you mean no idea what we're talking about? it's just an opinion. I personally only know one person that has committed suicide and it really hasn't changed my opinion on the matter.

I could always use a hug, I was at the science centre and they told me a 20 second hug can increase your oxytocin levels.

Remember when you were a kid, and your mother told you if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all? Well that holds especially true when talking about someone's death.

JRS' main point I feel is carry yourself with fucking tact. You didn't express it as an opinion. You came flat out and put it in a sense of, "Oh you committed suicide? Fuck you you clown."

Graham_A_M
08-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Do you need a hug?
Word, talk about a lack of perspective. You two are assuming a lot from a person you've never met, nor know much of anything about asides from his directing career.

Yet you call him a coward as per his actions (yet over something you know nothing about whatsoever).....Oh okay. :facepalm: