PDA

View Full Version : Because I live in the south.........

Pages : [1] 2

kvg
08-20-2012, 08:35 AM
My daughter left the rear window in my car all the way down and no one was sleeping in my car, my wallet, persol sunglasses, new runners, and everything else was still in my car. Thank god for living in the south :clap:

dflamzer
08-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Inaccurate state as forest lawn is considered SE.

PS. where do you live? I need to do know so when I prowl cars I know where the easy marks are :)

We should do a beyond sting operation and try this in forest lawn...

C_Dave45
08-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by kvg
My daughter left the rear window in my car all the way down and no one was sleeping in my car, my wallet, persol sunglasses, new runners, and everything else was still in my car. Thank god for living in the south :clap:

haha!! You n me both. We live fairly close and I can't count how many time's I've left my garage door completely wide open and lights on overnight. All our bikes, my tools, compressor, etc...and not once have I been burnt.

One of these days though....I gotta get me one of those automatic garage door closers!! :banghead:

kvg
08-20-2012, 08:45 AM
^I close my neighbors garage all the time.

Originally posted by dflamzer
Inaccurate state as forest lawn is considered SE.

PS. where do you live? I need to do know so when I prowl cars I know where the easy marks are :)

We should do a beyond sting operation and try this in forest lawn...

Hey anything north of Glenmore doesn't count as the south

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/78/Trollface.svg/200px-Trollface.svg.png

Tik-Tok
08-20-2012, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by kvg
^I close my neighbors garage all the time.

Hey anything north of Glenmore doesn't count as the south

I still don't consider Forest Lawn as part of Calgary at all. I don't care if they annexed 50 years ago.

sr20s14zenki
08-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Crossfield is much the same. Could leave your doors to your house wide open here and nobody would bother you. Not that i do....

gotta love small town life (=

ercchry
08-20-2012, 08:54 AM
i once left my car on my parents' street in cranston for a month... with it unlocked

i once left my car in bankview with the hood popped for 3 hours... and my battery was stolen :rofl:

dflamzer
08-20-2012, 08:59 AM
What's funny is towns like chestermere are now full of little thugs that think it's cool to break into cars. Wife had her car broken into and trashed in chestermere of all places.

By the way, crime stats in Mckenzie Towne are fairly high but I think this is more to do with the fact it has a similar population density as Shanghai has.

kvg
08-20-2012, 09:23 AM
^thats hilarious:rofl:

Spoons
08-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Me and the girl once went down town to go to TD and walk around a bit. We smoked a pretty big joint in the impark parking lot beside the Telus building.

I was all spaced out and left the car with my door wide open. Came back, everything was there.

I'm lucky.

eblend
08-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Went snowboarding last winter when it snowed a ton. Pressed the garage door button to close and drove off. Too much ice build up at the bottom of the door so the door automatically reversed...and stayed open from 7AM until 9PM, with my bike and stuff all in the open. I was freaked out and reviewed my video footage (camera in the garage) and looked for all the motion triggers. All I saw was cars driving by in my rear alley, and people walking by, but noone as much as look inside of my garage. Definatelly nice to have a camera in the garage to record all this shit. I am in Evergreen by the way :D

By the way, here is a pro tip...if you are trying to sell you car but r not having much luck, park it at Malborough mall and then claim insurance once its stolen!

J-hop
08-20-2012, 11:14 AM
NW is great for this too. However it's not daughters leaving windows open it's hailstones removing them all together.

eblend
08-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by J-hop
NW is great for this too. However it's not daughters leaving windows open it's hailstones removing them all together.

I dunno....Evanstone for one doesn't sound like a very good place. Have two friends living up there, one had his car broken into like 5 times already (they changed all their cars recently too...so every car they owned so far) and another guy had his car broken into and the in dash dvd carefully removed (left the screwes run on the seat, didn't break anything). I keep hearing more and more shit about NW and the deep SE....

freshprince1
08-20-2012, 11:27 AM
The commute from Okotoks doesn't seem so bad anymore. I used to hate living ou tthere, but whenever I watch the news, I'm glad I made the move, despite being from the South.

nismodrifter
08-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Southsidddddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeee

Zhariak
08-20-2012, 11:41 AM
There was a time where my locks weren't working on my Escalade. I regularly parked downtown in an alley and didn't realize it for over a month...

At one point, the latches stopped working on the door and it wouldn't latch. Someone actually noticed this, closed my door for me when it was in the alley. Nothing was touched... lol

88CRX
08-20-2012, 11:42 AM
So basically the south is awesome.

It's safe AND we get better weather!

eblend
08-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
So basically the south is awesome.

It's safe AND we get better weather!

I would agree, pretty hard to argue with facts.

Some shootout in the NE again yesturday, figure i just throw it out there.

Tik-Tok
08-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by eblend

I keep hearing more and more shit about NW and the deep SE....

That's because it's where all the families with young kids moved to 10 years ago. Now the kids are bored, shit disturbing teenagers.

I live in a retirement village. Kind of nice.

Sugarphreak
08-20-2012, 12:16 PM

Chester
08-20-2012, 01:17 PM
I left my wallet on the hood of my sister's jeep, parked on the street, on Saturday for 3 hours (6:00-9:00) and no one touched it. NW ftw.

CapnCrunch
08-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Chester
I left my wallet on the hood of my sister's jeep, parked on the street, on Saturday for 3 hours (6:00-9:00) and no one touched it. NW ftw.

I dropped 10,000 cash in front of my house on the street. My neighbor came and took it, then invested it, and put 15,000 back on the street the next day. NW MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Tik-Tok
08-20-2012, 01:22 PM
My house has been sitting in the wide open for 50 years, and not one person has stolen it on me.

SouthCentral > ALLLLL YAAAALLLLS!

88CRX
08-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch

I dropped 10,000 cash in front of my house on the street. My neighbor came and took it, then invested it, and put 15,000 back on the street the next day. NW MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

:rofl:

Well played sir.

HyperZell
08-20-2012, 01:39 PM

Awesome, haha.

eblend
08-20-2012, 01:42 PM
I think we need to restrict this thread to all the cool peeps in the SW. The thread title says so...why we got NW peeps in here! Get lost yall haha:angel:

JRSC00LUDE
08-20-2012, 01:50 PM
You wouldn't have needed new runners if you didn't throw the old ones out. Some people have too much money.

P.S. - Thanks for letting me get your wife drunk.

Tik-Tok
08-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
You wouldn't have needed new runners if you didn't throw the old ones out. Some people have too much money.

Quoted for wtf?

JordanEG6
08-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Being in Aspen is GREAT. I can leave my car, garage, front door etc. unlocked or wide open and nothing will ever happen.

JRSC00LUDE
08-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Quoted for wtf?

Craziest thing I ever saw, gets a bit of mud on his shoes and that's it - out they go to the trash. Didn't even try to hose them off or nothin'. Ballin' I tells ya.

Tik-Tok
08-20-2012, 01:58 PM

Craziest thing I ever saw, gets a bit of mud on his shoes and that's it - out they go to the trash. Didn't even try to hose them off or nothin'. Ballin' I tells ya.

Whats his addy? Think I'll start scrounging his cans on garbage day, lol.

ercchry
08-20-2012, 02:14 PM

Quoted for wtf?

KVG and JRS had a sexy date playing in the mud last weekend

95EagleAWD
08-20-2012, 02:27 PM
That's why I love where I live. Never have to worry about anything getting stolen, ever. My garage hasn't been locked in six years. MY house is rarely locked... My car is, just because it's a habit.

Stealth22
08-20-2012, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by 88CRX
:rofl:

Well played sir.
Did I miss something, or am I just an idiot? :confused:

dflamzer
08-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Just an FYI any cop will tell you first hand leaving your garage door open on accident or on purpose isn't smart and you shouldn't think you can do it.

It's the single most commong break and enter throughout all of Calgary. Literally this happens at least a few times each day in all communities. Criminals drive in all areas most simply don't target cars.

I'm unsure how many people are aware but literally there aren't a lot of valuables in cars these day.

hurrdurr
08-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Because I live in the south......I can get milk at any grocery store in any size, at any time

lachris
08-20-2012, 03:42 PM
I live in Douglasdale and we had both of our cars broken into last week. :guns: :guns:

nismodrifter
08-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by hurrdurr
Because I live in the south......I can get milk at any grocery store in any size, at any time

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bastard hahah

dj_patm
08-20-2012, 03:53 PM
My parents had their car broken into in Somerset once, but the cowards only opened up the garage and left everything. Nothing was stolen (that we noticed anyway) and there was around $10 G's in bikes in there.

speedog
08-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by lachris
I live in Douglasdale and we had both of our cars broken into last week. :guns: :guns: Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. Has got to be an illusion because this shit just don't happen in the south.

kvg
08-20-2012, 05:18 PM

She was ready for a nap by 3 in the afternoon. Sun, booze and redheads don't mix so well, lol:thumbsup:

JRSC00LUDE
08-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by kvg
She was ready for a nap by 3 in the afternoon. Sun, booze and redheads don't mix so well, lol:thumbsup:

I mix incredibly well with all three! hahaha

Xtrema
08-20-2012, 05:28 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

adamc
08-20-2012, 07:17 PM
because I live downtown I see hot, barely clothed women walking around from my balcony.

and I can walk home drunk.

and I have 100s of food and entertainment options within walking distance.

adamc
08-20-2012, 07:19 PM
EFF the burbs.

Although I can say I enjoyed living in Lakeview for a while.

Tik-Tok
08-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by adamc
[B]because I live downtown I see hot, barely clothed women walking around from my balcony.

I can see millions of those from my hammock, under my shady apple tree, beside my 3 car garage, on my tablet. :rofl: Your chances of picking any of those scantily clad women up are about the same as me getting a STD from my Playbook.

You are correct on the food/entertainment though, I'll give you that.

kvg
08-20-2012, 11:04 PM

I mix incredibly well with all three! hahaha

:thumbsup: :rofl:

ddduke
08-21-2012, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by adamc
because I live downtown I see hot, barely clothed women walking around from my balcony.

and I can walk home drunk.

and I have 100s of food and entertainment options within walking distance.

QFT, I can also grab a car2go and park it in front of my house without leaving the home zone.

nzwasp
08-21-2012, 07:45 AM
I went rafting on the elbow this past weekend - and I parked my car in mission along 24th ave I think (whichever one is beside the river).

I didn't notice that I left my left hand front passenger window fully wound down. Went rafting for 3 hours came back and nothing stolen, I had money in the front, cd's in the front and clothes in the backseat.

I'm quite impressed that nothing happened. Although maybe I'm lucky.

max_boost
08-21-2012, 08:03 AM
Because I live in the south......I can get milk at any grocery store in any size, at any time Wow! :rofl:

Vagabond142
08-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Because I live in the South, at the start of August....

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk13/Vagabond142/277870_10151250863705817_629324216_o.jpg

So it's not ALL sunshine and rainbows down here :banghead:

ercchry
08-21-2012, 08:34 AM
by the looks of those wheels it was probably a northerner thinking that you too were a northerner and were feeling home sick, so he wanted to help you feel more at home :D

Redlined_8000
08-21-2012, 08:40 AM
^lol

And poor Vagabond! Shitty luck haha people smashing into your old civic and now this

Masked Bandit
08-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Because I live in the South I get better weather than anyone North of Glenmore Trail.

AaronK
08-21-2012, 08:48 AM

my Playbook.

LOL PLAYBOOK?! hahahah sorry i just had to laugh at that.

Tik-Tok
08-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by AaronK

LOL PLAYBOOK?! hahahah sorry i just had to laugh at that.

Show me a better tablet for $150. Paying $700 for one that has less capability than a $500 laptop, or $400 for one that has less capability than a $300 netbook, is for suckers.

ercchry
08-21-2012, 09:03 AM
i enjoy my playbook... like the other day we were in the airport and our flight was delayed "oh noes! i cant enjoy flash based websites, oh wait... yes i can!" :bigpimp:

Kavy
08-21-2012, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
i enjoy my playbook... like the other day we were in the airport and our flight was delayed "oh noes! i cant enjoy flash based websites, oh wait... yes i can!" :bigpimp:

The flash thing and apple is long since gone. At least 3 browsers that I know of play flash flawlessly on an iPad.

Puffin being one of the better

AaronK
08-21-2012, 09:10 AM

Show me a better tablet for $150. Paying $700 for one that has less capability than a $500 laptop, or $400 for one that has less capability than a $300 netbook, is for suckers.

Im just buggin ya, I just hate all things blackberry :P

rony_espana
08-21-2012, 09:48 AM
Looks pretty even to me:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/rony_espana/crimecalgary-1.jpg

Tik-Tok
08-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by rony_espana
Looks pretty even to me:

Not if you use Glenmore as the starting point for the SE :rofl:

(and you do realize this is a running joke on Beyond, and not to be taken seriously)

speedog
08-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Looks pretty even to me:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/rony_espana/crimecalgary-1.jpg You just had to go poke them with a sharp stick, didn't you?

ercchry
08-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Looks pretty even to me:

...until you select the more serious crimes

http://i.imgur.com/XYSWe.png

rony_espana
08-21-2012, 09:54 AM
^No I wasn't aware....just joined beyond.... :rolleyes:

rony_espana
08-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by speedog
You just had to go poke them with a sharp stick, didn't you? :D

ga16i
08-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Because I live in the South, for being able to purchase milk year round, I gave up being able to purchase pumpkins after September and Christmas lights after November.

The light coloured folk buys pumpkins around Thanksgiving like EI's buy milk. Us yellow folk are too cheap to buy anything in quantity. Even rice is only purchased like one bag once or twice a year haha :D

bituerbo
08-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by eblend
Went snowboarding last winter when it snowed a ton. Pressed the garage door button to close and drove off. Too much ice build up at the bottom of the door so the door automatically reversed...and stayed open from 7AM until 9PM, with my bike and stuff all in the open. I was freaked out and reviewed my video footage (camera in the garage) and looked for all the motion triggers. All I saw was cars driving by in my rear alley, and people walking by, but noone as much as look inside of my garage. Definatelly nice to have a camera in the garage to record all this shit. I am in Evergreen by the way :D

By the way, here is a pro tip...if you are trying to sell you car but r not having much luck, park it at Malborough mall and then claim insurance once its stolen!

I left an old talon there for 3 days with the doors unlocked (by accident, of course). Car was rummaged but nobody had the balls to steal it. That or they couldn't get the bloody thing started.

Tomaz
08-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Why is there a pin stating "Sex Crimes" in Vagabond's neighborhood?

Nope... Don't wanna know anymore...

Jokes aside, I work in the SE. Went out for a smoke at lunch. 4 hours later, the neighbor dropped off my car keys that I left on the picnic table beside my car. She even rolled up my windows (rain was coming) and locked the car. Love this place!

Greek Wizard
08-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by lachris
I live in Douglasdale and we had both of our cars broken into last week. :guns: :guns:

Same here in Douglas Glen.

I have talked to at least 12 people with the same thing happening in August

Sugarphreak
08-21-2012, 12:04 PM

kvg
08-21-2012, 12:18 PM
How many crimes don't get reported in the NE, just because they just expect it? Plus criminals don't tend to report criminals :P

JZS_147
08-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Greek Wizard

Same here in Douglas Glen.

I have talked to at least 12 people with the same thing happening in August

left my door unlocked and someone ate all my gum :(

a lot of vandalism/theft happening in Douglasdale and Mckenzie lately.

ercchry
08-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by JZS_147

well see, you are a special case though. i bet you could leave your shit unlocked and running up north. people would just think you run the streets :rofl:

5000Audi
08-21-2012, 03:09 PM

i left my door unlocked and someone put a playbook in my car! haha no but ive left wallet on passenger seat a few times and 90% of the time my garage is open and cars open... i love the SW plus i agree we get the good weather...

JZS_147
08-21-2012, 03:12 PM

well see, you are a special case though. i bet you could leave your shit unlocked and running up north. people would just think you run the streets :rofl:

haha yeah like the one day in acadia when a bunch of cars on my street got vandalized, except for my 4 cars :rofl:

Graham_A_M
08-21-2012, 03:29 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Thats fucking random. "those god damn gum thieves, if I ever get my hands on them!"

I've lived in the south my whole life, man northern Calgary just feels off to me. NW is fine (even though I rarely go there), but NE...ugh. :barf:

IMO, the worst move Calgary ever made was deciding to amalgamate Forest Lawn into Calgary in the late 70's. My old realtor said the same thing when he seen it happen himself. Id be interested to see just how awesome Calgary could be if Forest lawn was a town a ways away. Then again every (mid sized-town or bigger)/city needs its ghetto's for the druggies, low lifes and thieves to inhabit. It just so happens Forest lawn/the rest of the NE is that said area for Calgary.:(

JZS_147
08-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Yep I have to agree, I've always lived in the South. Evergreen, Bridlewood, Millrise, now Douglasdale.

I have to admit though....Shawnessy is kinda hood haha.

ercchry
08-21-2012, 04:53 PM

I have to admit though....Shawnessy is kinda hood haha.

i blame that damn train

toastgremlin
08-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
IMO, the worst move Calgary ever made was deciding to amalgamate Forest Lawn into Calgary in the late 70's. My old realtor said the same thing when he seen it happen himself. Id be interested to see just how awesome Calgary could be if Forest lawn was a town a ways away. Then again every (mid sized-town or bigger)/city needs its ghetto's for the druggies, low lifes and thieves to inhabit. It just so happens Forest lawn/the rest of the NE is that said area for Calgary.:( Don't worry, pretty soon we'll incorporate Chestermere and Forest Lawn will have someone to look down on.

Squishy
08-21-2012, 08:20 PM

i blame that damn train
I use to live on the street with the barn and I left my garage door open quite a few times, and usually we didn't lock the house door inside to the garage.. I came home after work and opened the house door expecting it to be ransacked ... didn't even seem like anyone went near the house. I miss that house.......

nonofyobiz
08-21-2012, 08:35 PM
pfft There's a little POS prowler living on my street. We've left each of our 2 cars unlocked and both times the sunglasses & cell chargers were gone in the morning. The last time I had just got my wife $400 glasses, plus mine were like $280...she left the door unlocked and they were stolen. After that I told her to pick out a nice $20 pair. I'm pretty sure it's someone that just walks by everyday, sees the car open and helps him/herself. UGH!:guns:

know1edge
08-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by nonofyobiz
pfft There's a little POS prowler living on my street. We've left each of our 2 cars unlocked and both times the sunglasses & cell chargers were gone in the morning. The last time I had just got my wife $400 glasses, plus mine were like $280...she left the door unlocked and they were stolen. After that I told her to pick out a nice $20 pair. I'm pretty sure it's someone that just walks by everyday, sees the car open and helps him/herself. UGH!:guns:

why dont you just... lock the door? or take our your stuff :dunno:

nonofyobiz
08-21-2012, 09:03 PM
awesome idea haha I think this prowler is batting .1000 with our vehicles. That's y i said it must be someone who walks by everyday.

ianmcc
08-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Love the south! Me and the misses have always been south people. And I mean south of the river south, not south wannabees in F/L or Erinhood.
Due to my new job I have had the misfortune to drive down International Avenue numerous times over the last few months. Reminds me of Star Wars...except substitute Forest Lawn for Mos Eisley spaceport. "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

lasimmon
08-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by ianmcc

Due to my new job I have had the misfortune to drive down International Avenue numerous times over the last few months. Reminds me of Star Wars...except substitute Forest Lawn for Mos Eisley spaceport. "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

:rofl: :rofl:

amear
08-21-2012, 11:37 PM
i live in the NE:poosie:

Graham_A_M
08-21-2012, 11:45 PM
^ Thats something I would never admit. Sucks to be you man, sucks to be you. :(

bignerd
08-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Live in Coventry and had my car and a neighbors gone through a week ago but nothing stolen (We are both pretty sure we forgot to lock our cars).

Change was still in the cup holder even, everything was pulled out of my glovebox and console, but was all there. I even had my house keys in the console (keep the mailbox key on there and get the mail on the way home) and those were on the seat but all there, power converter and ipod charger also still there.

Neighbor had exepensive golf clubs in her car and they were still there.

Thinking maybe kids or people looking for garage door openers? Thats a lot of risk to take to not steal anything???

I don't make a habit of leaving my car unlocked so either a big coincidence that they found it unlocked that night or they go around checking door handles a LOT.

Mamma_Mia
08-24-2012, 06:55 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It was very nice to meet you! The beer was good too! ;)

btimbit
08-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Left the truck unlocked for 5 hours at work before one of our regulars came in and let me know one of my doors wasn't completely shut. Nothing gone

I love the south

rage2
08-24-2012, 10:11 PM
I live in the NW, and I don't start threads to get other northernites to post in them to make me feel better about my choice of a NW home. Besides, posting about living in the NW would just be bragging, and that would be douchey. :poosie:

Redlined_8000
08-24-2012, 10:27 PM
I went out to the gym and didnt fully close the front door, when I got back home couple hours later the wind had blew the door fully open with no one home. Nothing was stolen. Thanks SW!

theken
08-25-2012, 01:31 AM
Have an alarm..police respond

GQNammer
08-25-2012, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by rage2
I live in the NW, and I don't start threads to get other northernites to post in them to make me feel better about my choice of a NW home. Besides, posting about living in the NW would just be bragging, and that would be douchey. :poosie:

I don't blame you. People don't typically like to brag that they live in Asia.

speedog
08-25-2012, 08:31 AM
No, no, no - this news report (http://www.qr77.com/News/Local/Story.aspx?ID=1762667) has got to be wrong.

eblend
08-25-2012, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by theken
Have an alarm..police respond

Each response is like $100-$150 bucks....yah ofcourse they respond eventually. People in the NE can't afford to spend thousands of dollars on house alarm system per month.....see what I did there..

Tik-Tok
08-25-2012, 12:53 PM
No, no, no - this news report (http://www.qr77.com/News/Local/Story.aspx?ID=1762667) has got to be wrong.

Filthy SW'ers (That's just outside Outlaws though, so no surprise)

Maybelater
08-26-2012, 12:17 AM

speedog
08-26-2012, 07:49 AM
What is it with the south side driving conditions - got to be bad air from the north. Car into building (http://newsroom.calgary.ca/pr/calgary/fire-crews-respond-to-a-car-into-237869.aspx) and another drunk driving incident (http://newsroom.calgary.ca/pr/calgary/injury-collision-24-street-and-237870.aspx).

Isaiah
08-26-2012, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by nzwasp
Went rafting for 3 hours came back and nothing stolen, I had money in the front, cd's in the front and clothes in the backseat.

I'm quite impressed that nothing happened. Although maybe I'm lucky.
What quadrant you from son? Ain't seen one of those CD relics 'round these parts for years. Downtown 'case you're won-drin.