PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Windows 7 Licenses (qty: 100)

BMW Power
08-20-2012, 09:03 AM
Anyone know where I could purchase Windows 7 licenses in bulk at a fairly good price. Even if it is Windows 7 Starter or Windows 7 Home edition?

Thanks

prosh
08-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Did you try memory express?

BMW Power
08-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by prosh
Did you try memory express?

Yeah, the cheapest Win 7 license they have is $119. Mutliply that by a 100 = $11 900. :nut: Considering Win 8 is just around the corner, was looking for something a bit easy on the pocket.

jwslam
08-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by BMW Power

Yeah, the cheapest Win 7 license they have is $119. Mutliply that by a 100 = $119 000. :nut: Considering Win 8 is just around the corner, was looking for something a bit easy on the pocket.

:facepalm: 119x100=11,900

Try direct from microsoft?
http://mla.microsoft.com/default.aspx

Volume Licensing: Volume licenses is a software license programs (depending on the Volume Licensing program, subscriber may receive media, or has the option to acquire media or supplemental media, documentation, and product support separately as needed) that are sold in bulk to corporate customers, in quantities of five or more at a time. There are actually many options and choices available for volume licensing, such as Open Value, Open Value Subscription, Open License, Select Plus, Select License, Enterprise Agreement, and Enterprise Subscription Agreement. Some editions of Windows, such as Windows 7 Enterprise, are available only through the Volume Licensing channel.
Again, depending on Volume Licensing programs or related entitlement customizations, Volume License may cover only upgrades to Windows client operating systems, and thus require qualifying OS licensing for each computer before upgrade rights obtained through Volume Licensing can be exercised on these computers.

Windows with volume license can be activated through Volume Activation models, which is through Key Management Service (KMS), a locally hosted activation services preactivated with Microsoft activation service normally used in large corporations with minimum activation threshold of 5 servers or 25 client computers (physical or virtual machines), and Multiple Activation Key (MAK), which similar to retail product key and used for one-time activation with Microsoft’s hosted activation services, independently or through MAK proxy.

Xtrema
08-20-2012, 11:29 AM
What's the nature of the this request?

If it's corporate, jwslam is right. But you have to set up KMS.

If it's education, I'm sure you can have other special deals.

With that many licenses, it may be wise to talk to a distributor instead of retail shops like Memory Express. Ingram Micro, Tech Data are the ones I dealt with in the past.

BMW Power
08-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

:facepalm: 119x100=11,900

Try direct from microsoft?
http://mla.microsoft.com/default.aspx

:rofl: had a brain fart, thanks for the correction. I'll check up with them and see what rates they offer.

Originally posted by Xtrema
What's the nature of the this request?

If it's corporate, jwslam is right. But you have to set up KMS.

If it's education, I'm sure you can have other special deals.

With that many licenses, it may be wise to talk to a distributor instead of retail shops like Memory Express. Ingram Micro, Tech Data are the ones I dealt with in the past.

Unfortunately not for education nor corporate.
Thanks, I'll try with one of the distributors but apparently the profit margins on the OS are minor.

I assumed, that because Windows 8 is coming out within the next 5 weeks that Win 7 licenses may be available for a low price.

The other way would be to just wait for Windows 8 as the licensed DVD will cost $69 for Win 8 Pro.

SmAcKpOo
08-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Windows 8 is garbage and nobody is going to adopt it.

You can try a distributor like TechSoup but I don't know if that will apply for you. They offer discounts under certain criteria.

kenny
09-07-2012, 10:57 AM
3 Packs of Windows 7 Home Premium are available for $199. Costco sometimes discounts these to $120.

Greek Wizard
09-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Like others have said, try Microsoft Sales & Licensing, never know what they might say even if not corporate or educational.

1-800-936-8790 (Canada)
1-800-426-9400 (US)